Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesting for what?

Baz Dane

3 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Well I can't speak for Republicans, but he's way better in regards to following through with what he said he'd do then any I've ever seen. He's been president for just under two weeks, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt. At least for a little while longer. 

He has on a certain level I dont deny that. So did Obama and so did Bush. 

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Yea that really surprised me to. Especially with him calling them out all through the campaign. And with SA giving Hillary millions to play. Makes me wonder how conversations behind the scene went.

Maybe he is being smart and setting us up to use a lot more of the oil we have, not being as dependent as we have on Saudi oil before he snubs them.

re bolded --- I agree and not just oil you have but replacing oil with other energy technologies -
that have been side lined or suppressed to keep oil as the number one (for whatever reason) -

https://phys.org/news/2016-04-fossil-fuels-phased-worldwide-decade.html

quote --

"The worldwide reliance on burning fossil fuels to create energy could be phased out in a decade, according to an article published by a major energy think tank in the UK."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As a pro~active businessman rather than a professional politician Trump could be just the man to get something like
that off the ground - and that would make the economy less dependent on Saudi Arabia -

Edited by bee
improved presentation
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Myles said:

Those against Trump just need to focus on the next election.  

I think the power players opposed are probably focusing on the emoluments clause. 

8 hours ago, Yamato said:

I see hatred turning more and more inward/domestic until political or religious or other groups in this country ("The Left", "The Illegals", "The Muslims" etc) are discriminated against.   There's already signs not just from the tone of our people but actions of our President like just threatening to cut federal funding to UC Berkeley.  Surely the whole university isn't at fault but that's who suffers when this is the kind of solution we get.

I think it's more likely to be violence unfortunately.   Domestic terrorism, government crackdowns.  Our morality and common sense go right out the window when it's doing something violent in a land far far away but I see that is about to change.  "Over there" is becoming over here.  "the chickens are coming home to roost."  I think we're going to lose some of our values and sense of decency across the country with this great orange role model in charge.  Some people will chop my head off for saying this, but I think "clinging to their guns and Bibles" -or however Obama put it- is going to be more vogue than it has in a long time, and I think we'll see fugitives from the liberal camps who finally start to get it a little bit.   People need to stand up for what's right and call their leaders out on the carpet when they're wrong.   Not just Obama, but Donald Trump too.  Crazy, right?   And whoever our Governor may be, and on down the line from there.   What the federal government is now doing is far more dangerous and reckless than anything on the state or local levels of course.  All imho, but it's a serious and frank opinion as I can share.

I'm seeing something over here at the moment, but I personally think it's a little exaggerated in my point of view. Where I work, there's a pretty big populace of Indian/Asian living right nearby, (who also shops at my work quite a lot) I have yet to see any negative behaviors towards them yet. I have yet to see type of negative behaviors in customers at the moment either, (well except for the usual turning over various magazine and book covers that highlight a particular topic or party and that happens all of the time.)

Anyways, as I have noticed years ago, there seems to be this divisiveness in our country, and it has grown through out the years, I saw it down south, where I use to work and live, and I see it more today. Whether what political party is in the white house, someone has a bone to pick about something. But, I really have (an idolized outlook maybe) a hope that it doesn't lead to violence, and I would think it shouldn't have. I have always felt we need both sides, and also feel that not just the positive outlooks of both sided to be listened to, but the negative as well, for I believe they maybe an outlook into something we all need to address.

On that being said, what I'm afraid of, and the point of my previous post, is the outlook of religion and it's place in this country. I can see the danger of 'bigotry' going on in reference to race, gender, etc. and yes, I wish that wouldn't happen. I wish we would address it properly. Religion is something that is not for the political outlook, and yet it has played a big part in our elections and how some want everyone else to be part of. I see already how it's dividing and hurting some believers and their groups. I cannot even believe it's happening. I think it goes against what this country was founded on. If another particular religious group is being preference towards, well that is already showing something shouldn't happen. 

What's next? 

• Like 1

remember the P.C  thing Lynch & Obama were trying to enforce?

Trump also ordered the revival of an old program that had nearly been mothballed by the Obama administration.

The program permits the Department of Homeland Security to essentially “deputize” local law enforcement agents and officers to aid in enforcing federal immigration laws, such as by checking an individual’s immigration status through the course of routine contact, and certainly if they’ve been arrested or jailed in connection with sort of crime.

http://conservativetribune.com/trump-program-illegal-immigration

EVERYONE. KISS IT(the mod) closed my thread: CALL THE COPS. For no good reason. There's democracy for you. If you don't fit the narrative you're closed down it seems. I clearly upset this mod & this is what happens.

ALLANS SNACKBAR!

7 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

remember the P.C  thing Lynch & Obama were trying to enforce?

Trump also ordered the revival of an old program that had nearly been mothballed by the Obama administration.

The program permits the Department of Homeland Security to essentially “deputize” local law enforcement agents and officers to aid in enforcing federal immigration laws, such as by checking an individual’s immigration status through the course of routine contact, and certainly if they’ve been arrested or jailed in connection with sort of crime.

http://conservativetribune.com/trump-program-illegal-immigration

Ahhh republicans are pushing for a federal police force . My how times have changed. After 8 years of a perceived liberal president folks are willing to do whatever it takes to be "safe".........almost like it was by design :whistle:

Just now, SNR said:

EVERYONE. KISS IT(the mod) closed my thread: CALL THE COPS. For no good reason. There's democracy for you. If you don't fit the narrative you're closed down it seems. I clearly upset this mod & this is what happens.

ALLANS SNACKBAR!

Nahhh give them some slack man. Theres 101 threads about Trump and the protesters and they all kind of melt together. Nothing said in your thread hasnt, wont or cant be covered in any one of the Trumpian threads. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Nahhh give them some slack man. Theres 101 threads about Trump and the protesters and they all kind of melt together. Nothing said in your thread hasnt, wont or cant be covered in any one of the Trumpian threads. 

So why not close them all then. Why mine? Bias doesn't go on on here does it. Lmao 

Do you know how many threads I've started in four years.. Less than ten & this is not the first time kiss it closed my thread down. 

10 hours ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I had to reread this post over a couple of times, but I think I get what you're saying. (sorry, it's me) If there are various particular religious organizations in it with some political parties, I hope it does bring that out in the open and shows how favoring one over the other is not a good thing. 

Looking at the link, I would hope other religions and probably organizations through non-believers get their say as well. If he wants religions to have a say with no backlash, you might as include all of them. 

If I'm getting it correctly. 

Yup that's exactly it! Sorry if I had phrased it in a confusing manner but you are correct.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

Yup that's exactly it! Sorry if I had phrased it in a confusing manner but you are correct.

Don't be. Like I said, I have to look at things more than once to let it sink in. But thank you, I appreciate your thoughts. :yes: 

• Like 1

Also show me the law where Soros can't promote a protest, otherwise even in the worst case there is no legal basis for punitive action.

are even familiar with Soros? You speak as if Soros is a good man and was never a Nazi corroborator

It's all in his head.  This isn't American, this is fascist.

Lol to you EVERYTHING America does is fascist.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Yamato said:

I see hatred turning more and more inward/domestic until political or religious or other groups in this country ("The Left", "The Illegals", "The Muslims" etc) are discriminated against

What are you on about? We have a left leaning establishment. The left isn't discriminated it is the discriminator. It is the silencer of thought. We were always taught to fear the right and rightfully so but by doing so we let the left get of control. Fact is both need to be under check and currently its the left that is under the microscope as the right was for DECADES. There is a difference between Legal and Illegal immigration so obviously there would be some form of discrimination against illegal immigrants. You do know discrimination has more than one definition right one of is the following; "recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another: ". 

There's already signs not just from the tone of our people but actions of our President like just threatening to cut federal funding to UC Berkeley.  Surely the whole university isn't at fault but that's who suffers when this is the kind of solution we get.

Berkeley administration wants to make it a sanctuary university.. they have fueled this sentiment against Trump, Milo ,etc.. So if they want to operate the way they are surely they will not be getting any tax payer funding and can operate off of the funds from the financially elite liberals that attend their in great numbers.

Our morality and common sense go right out the window when it's doing something violent in a land far far away but I see that is about to change.

Why do you speak on public sentiment as if its one dimensional? There were MILLIONS protesting the Iraq war... You paint the entire west with one brush as if each nation state in the west doesn't have its own interests or their citizenry are not different.

"Over there" is becoming over here.  "the chickens are coming home to roost."  I think we're going to lose some of our values and sense of decency across the country with this great orange role model in charge

You seem awfully gleeful when thinking the west is going to experience some forms of conflict etc.  Do you live in the west?

I think we'll see fugitives from the liberal camps who finally start to get it a little bit. 

what?? lol....

4 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Yea that really surprised me to. Especially with him calling them out all through the campaign.

Its going to be incremental... He's already negotiated safe spaces for refugees with Saudi arabia and other nations in the middle east. Its the art of negotiation. He still sees some use for Saudi arabia.
I'm really surprised this isn't being reported on more heavily.. its a huge huge move. I think he will successfully negotiate sending refugees to countries that denied them under Obama, Not only did he keep is promise about refugees for Americans but he didn't just throw them under the bus and negotiated a different AT HOME SOLUTION for them.. This is a much much better solution.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN15D14L

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 5

11 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Oh really Yam, you still believe that the same laws apply to all?

Really!   If you accuse someone of a crime in this country, you need to have proof.  Yes, that is how the law works for all.   Don't know what you've been reading to doubt this, but maybe it was something about a better alternative that isn't legal yet?   Some authoritarian fix for the class warfare argument perhaps?   Fedgov subsidization for lawyer fees?

3 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

What are you on about? We have a left leaning establishment. The left isn't discriminated it is the discriminator. It is the silencer of thought. We were always taught to fear the right and rightfully so but by doing so we let the left get of control. Fact is both need to be under check and currently its the left that is under the microscope as the right was for DECADES. There is a difference between Legal and Illegal immigration so obviously there would be some form of discrimination against illegal immigrants. You do know discrimination has more than one definition right one of is the following; "recognition and understanding of the difference between one thing and another: ". 

Berkeley administration wants to make it a sanctuary university.. they have fueled this sentiment against Trump, Milo ,etc.. So if they want to operate the way they are surely they will not be getting any tax payer funding and can operate off of the funds from the financially elite liberals that attend their in great numbers.

Why do you speak on public sentiment as if its one dimensional? There were MILLIONS protesting the Iraq war... You paint the entire west with one brush as if each nation state in the west doesn't have its own interests or their citizenry are not different.

You seem awfully gleeful when thinking the west is going to experience some forms of conflict etc.  Do you live in the west?

what?? lol....

"The Left!" "The Left!"  and ub bub bub, then you tell me that I'm the one painting something with a brush.   I didn't say a word about "The West".   So you're putting words and meanings in my mouth, again after practicing your own accusations.

Policy is what it is.  It's not my opinion that interest rates have been at zero percent for years, it's not my opinion that we've been bombing the Middle East for years, these are facts.  I don't say anything about millions not protesting the Iraq war.   Like Bad Religion said, "Even ten million marching in February couldn't stop the worst."

I wasn't aware that an administration was a valid reason to make everyone suffer... oh...wait.   :rolleyes:

17 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Really!   If you accuse someone of a crime in this country, you need to have proof.  Yes, that is how the law works for all.   Don't know what you've been reading to doubt this, but maybe it was something about a better alternative that isn't legal yet?   Some authoritarian fix for the class warfare argument perhaps?   Fedgov subsidization for lawyer fees?

You do have a very clever way of turning something round so your answer is something quite different to what was asked. I asked " you still believe that the same laws apply to all? " referring to Soros and your apparent belief that the same laws would apply to someone as wealthy and powerful as him as they would to the ordinary Joe in the street. Now you're saying " If you accuse someone of a crime in this country, you need to have proof.  Yes, that is how the law works for all." referring to me, which wasn't what I asked at all.  You really can be very devious.

• Like 2

Just now, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

You do have a very clever way of turning something round so your answer is something quite different to what was asked. I asked " you still believe that the same laws apply to all? " referring to Soros and your apparent belief that the same laws would apply to someone as wealthy and powerful as him as they would to the ordinary Joe in the street. Now you're saying " If you accuse someone of a crime in this country, you need to have proof.  Yes, that is how the law works for all." referring to me, which wasn't what I asked at all.  You really can be very devious.

Oh I thought I was answering your question.  So tell me what laws you're talking about that aren't the same so I can tell you whether I really believe it or not.

4 hours ago, AdealJustice said:

Its going to be incremental... He's already negotiated safe spaces for refugees with Saudi arabia and other nations in the middle east. Its the art of negotiation. He still sees some use for Saudi arabia.
I'm really surprised this isn't being reported on more heavily.. its a huge huge move. I think he will successfully negotiate sending refugees to countries that denied them under Obama, Not only did he keep is promise about refugees for Americans but he didn't just throw them under the bus and negotiated a different AT HOME SOLUTION for them.. This is a much much better solution.

Yes, see, this is what you can do if you're not dogged down by dogma and having to think along tired old lines because that's what your Party's always done. Use the tricks you picked up from business. Really I think migth well turn out to be one of the most effective Presidents ever because of this ability to think outside of the tired old lines.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Oh I thought I was answering your question.  So tell me what laws you're talking about that aren't the same so I can tell you whether I really believe it or not.

It's obvious surely isn't it.

If you can't stand or tolerate Soros and he makes you so mad, there's a legal process for that. 

You really think the Due Process of Law would have any chance to curb the activities of someone who's got so many powerful influences in their pocket as him?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Yes, see, this is what you can do if you're not dogged down by dogma and having to think along tired old lines because that's what your Party's always done. Use the tricks you picked up from business. Really I think migth well turn out to be one of the most effective Presidents ever because of this ability to think outside of the tired old lines.

I think people forget how shady politics is. You can't just go and do everything straight foreword. Nothing is straight forward. Its a game of chess and your are surrounded by snakes. Slowly but surely Saudi Arabia will be in a difficult position and under the magnifying glass for the agenda they've carried out for the past several decades with the help of questionable western administrations. I also think past administrations should be brought to court for the decisions they have made. Eric Holder for Fast and the Furious comes to mind quickly. But Eric Holder is touted by liberals and BLM etc as being a great African American politician who worked with Obama LOL.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Yamato said:

"The Left!" "The Left!"  and ub bub bub, then you tell me that I'm the one painting something with a brush.

And by the Left its quite obvious what I mean as I haven't shied away from it. Regressive Liberalism and its establishment support.

I didn't say a word about "The West".   So you're putting words and meanings in my mouth, again after practicing your own accusations.

You quite obviously mean the west. Western interventionism ,etc. If you aren't blaming the west then what in the heck are you constantly crying about? Cloaking your intents behind vagueness. We aren't as stupid as the folk with whom you might get away with these sort of tactics

Policy is what it is.

Policies differ from administration to administration.

it's not my opinion that we've been bombing the Middle East for years,

Parts of the middle east.

I don't say anything about millions not protesting the Iraq war.

This is what you said , "Our morality and common sense go right out the window when it's doing something violent in a land far far away but I see that is about to change.". You are proven wrong then you pull a politician move by playing the vague card. Except its not all so vague when looking at your statements within the context of your other statements. This is abc.

I wasn't aware that an administration was a valid reason to make everyone suffer... oh...wait.  

More nonsensical attempts at wit.

Note* I asked if you live in the west when I questioned your glee at possible conflict coming to the west. No reply. Just more dodging and shadiness as usual.  Have some dignity and stand by what you mean. It is utter cowardice to backtrack when you get called out on your absurdities.

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

It's obvious surely isn't it.

You really think the Due Process of Law would have any chance to curb the activities of someone who's got so many powerful influences in their pocket as him?

I don't know, what laws are you talking about?   If you're asking me a question about laws, cite the specific laws you think are applicable or relevant to your question. 

2 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

You are. And by the Left its quite obvious what I mean as I haven't shied away from it. Regressive Liberalism. 

You quite obviously mean the west. Western interventionism ,etc. If you aren't blaming the west then what in the heck are you constantly crying about?

Policies differ from administration to administration.

Parts of the middle east.

This is what you said , "Our morality and common sense go right out the window when it's doing something violent in a land far far away but I see that is about to change.". You are proven wrong then you pull a politician move by playing are vague card. Except its not all so vague when looking at your statements within the context of your other statements. This is abc.

More nonsensical attempts at wit.

Note* I asked if you live in the west when I questioned your glee at possible conflict coming to the west. No reply. Just more dodging and shadiness as usual.  Have some dignity and stand by what you mean. It is utter cowardice to backtrack when you get called out on your absurdities.

More about "The Left" and "The West" again, you just can't put that brush down.

I'm talking about US policy here.  If you'd like to share your wisdom about how the differences between Bush's foreign policy and Obama's foreign policy are relevant to something you're trying to spew about me, you're welcome to try.