Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesting for what?

Baz Dane

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

are you oppressed? 

I could interview for a job in construction and have the guy get it 9/10 over me. I could have my mother in law walk in the house and make gentle remarks about the washing to me, after a 10 hour shift, while her son was home all day. Or remark on my little job or how my working for money is just being greedy I should be home with the children. Because I have a vagina. Cultural conditioning. It's what is allowing so many people to get away with poo-pooing the protesters. 

When people are angry they always have legitimate feelings and reasons for it. You may not agrer with them but you can not deny their legitimacy.

• Like 3

Said it before, but ignored HA! only in America! Loads of money for flying here and there. COFFERS ARE OVER FLOWING! for some.  I don't know about TOO entitled, one can never have enough right! HA!

"Honestly, I would argue a lot of these women are too entitled"

6 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Honestly, I would argue a lot of these women are too entitled

*ehem*

protesting time and luxury, wish I could run around in jets all the time.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Rinna said:

Symbol of oppression? Trump is not a symbol of oppression, these women were not oppressed who marched. Honestly, I would argue a lot of these women are too entitled rather than oppressed. And if they truly wanted to fight against oppression they should be marching against countries like Saudi Arabia where women are truly, genuinely oppressed. 

Imagine the actual difference made if they would've donated all that time and poster-board money to women's shelters.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Apparently over stepping is when I try to join in conversations with the boys.

Ok.. you say conversations then you give an example about chores. Why not give an example of a conversation you think you were shunned in?

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, aztek said:

do you know when you overstep, or it is something only man can do?

Rule 1- The woman is always right.

If she is wrong see rule 1...

When a man expresses a differing point of view he is needlessly arguing. When the woman will not allow the man to walk away from a needless argument she is just firmly expressing her point of view.

Review rule 1 again...

If the woman stays home it is a martyrlike sacrifice of professional career. When the man takes on the role of homemaker he is a lazy bum she should kick to the curb...

Reread rule 1

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Kismit said:

I could interview for a job in construction and have the guy get it 9/10 over me. I could have my mother in law walk in the house and make gentle remarks about the washing to me, after a 10 hour shift, while her son was home all day. Or remark on my little job or how my working for money is just being greedy I should be home with the children. Because I have a vagina. Cultural conditioning. It's what is allowing so many people to get away with poo-pooing the protesters. 

When people are angry they always have legitimate feelings and reasons for it. You may not agrer with them but you can not deny their legitimacy.

lol, it sounds like cultural conditioning is all on your side.  you are treated like that by your mother in law  not because you have vagina, but because she just doe snot like you much, and cares about her son more than about you, i had the same happen in my family between my father and grandmother.  

no when people angry they do not always have legit reason, sometimes reasons are imaginary, sometimes they are conditioned into believe in their inferiority, than they fight windmills

Edited by aztek
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

Why aren't you promoting the equality of genders in dangerous and dirty jobs? Seems like a good place to start. 

Like Nursing? Or Teaching? Police departments. Why is a shop assitant worth less respect than a ditch digger? It's a hard job, retail can be cut throat. And the person liasing between you and the seller is often well trained. Why are traditionsl female rolls viewed as worth less? Why do you view those jobs as worth less?

10 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

Probably. and triggered too.

You are rude.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

Like Nursing? Or Teaching? Police departments.

afaik female cops get paid just as much as males,  

how about sanitation, plumbing, roofing, ..etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kismit said:

Like Nursing? Or Teaching? Police departments. Why is a shop assitant worth less respect than a ditch digger? It's a hard job, retail can be cut throat. And the person liasing between you and the seller is often well trained. Why are traditionsl female rolls viewed as worth less? Why do you view those jobs as worth less?

I have to agree with you there. Women do indeed get the short end of the stick employment compensation speaking. However, I don't think this is exactly what the women have been protesting here of late. I see the recent protests as far more of a 'we hate Trump' kind of thing.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Kismit said:

. Why is a shop assitant worth less respect than a ditch digger?

have you tried ditch digging? try it, may be you'll see why it pays more.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Symbol of oppression? Trump is not a symbol of oppression, these women were not oppressed who marched. Honestly, I would argue a lot of these women are too entitled rather than oppressed. And if they truly wanted to fight against oppression they should be marching against countries like Saudi Arabia where women are truly, genuinely oppressed. 

You beat me to it. Seems to be a bunch of privileged people trying to find meaning in their otherwise meaningless lives lol.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Kismit said:

See, I don't see anything wrong with the guy getting the job over you. I believe in equality of opportunity, not outcome. Obviously it's almost impossible to speculate on antidotes..but..men on average are just..better at construction type jobs. Are some women better than men? Yes. But most women are not attracted to the same type of work that men are, it isn't due to cultural conditioning..its due to where our interests lie.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Just for the record, I don't have a husband. I bought my own kitchen appliances, my own furniture, my own car and even my own house. Everything is paid for, no loans or even a mortgage on the house. I took all the risk when the market dropped like an anvil back in 2008 and I reaped all the rewards via smart investing. I was told (more than once) that I was going to 'lose everything' by remaining invested in the market. I listened to my own intellect (not any man's) and I'm now retired and living a middle class life. Granted, I'm not rich but what I do have is mine. Oh, and I paid for both my kid's under grad college as well.

All that said, I have no urge to want to go and 'protest' over some vague threat that's supposed to just *happen* now that Trump is President. Keep in mind, Trump isn't a staunch conservative he's far more of a populist. I seriously doubt he will advocate for women being chained in their kitchens while 'barefoot and pregnant'.

Well done lilly. My point is though that the protesters arn't so much protesting at Trump or what he is doing. But they are protesting at what he symbolises to them.

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, it sounds like cultural conditioning is all on your side.  you are treated like that by your mother in law  not because you have vagina, but because she just doe snot like you much, and cares about her son more than about you, i had the same happen in my family between my father and grandmother.  

no when people angry they do not always have legit reason, sometimes reasons are imaginary, sometimes they are condition into believe in their inferiority,

Thank you for attempting to analyze my personal life from a couple of paragraphs in print. :rolleyes:

And yes when people are angry they do always have legitimate reasons. They may not be right, but they are legitimate.

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

afaik female cops get paid just as much as males,  

how about sanitation, plumbing, roofing, ..etc

Woman are paid the same in these jobs and can choose to do then. Plumbing and roofing though I would still be pretty sure that men would get chosen above women 9/10.

• Like 3

How did this discussion sink to the point where women are stereotyped and insulted. I cannot even begin to express just how offensive some of the posts are. Even more bothersome is to be told in the same breath how privileged and fortunate we are. Unbelievable.

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, aztek said:

have you tried ditch digging? try it, may be you'll see why it pays more.

Have you tried pig farming? Or completely renovating a home on your own?

I'm a woman I get to do the hard stuff and the less respected jobs. And still I can't see why traditional women's roles are less respected?

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Kismit said:

...I could have my mother in law walk in the house and make gentle remarks about the washing to me, after a 10 hour shift, while her son was home all day. Or remark on my little job or how my working for money is just being greedy I should be home with the children. Because I have a vagina. Cultural conditioning. It's what is allowing so many people to get away with poo-pooing the protesters. 

Now that would really *fry* me as well. However, I really don't think one can blame Trump because one's mother in law is a real bitc...err 'female dog'. Sure, there's some unfair cultural conditioning that might cause some women to accept such treatment, but once again I'm not convinced that 'we hate Trump' marches are the solution to this problem.  

9 minutes ago, aztek said:

I could interview for a job in construction and have the guy get it 9/10 over me.

Because may be a guy might be more physically suited for a job that requires heavy lifting? This isn't astrophysics .. This is based on the merit or criteria for a job. Rinna has made the same point.

4 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I believe in equality of opportunity, not outcome. Obviously it's almost impossible to speculate on antidotes..but..men on average are just..better at construction type jobs. Are some women better than men? Yes. But most women are not attracted to the same type of work that men are, it isn't due to cultural conditioning..its due to where our interests lie.

11 minutes ago, Kismit said:

Like Nursing? Or Teaching? Police departments

No. Like Lumber cutting, sewer cleaning, mining , etc ,etc. You only seem to like the prettier aspects of "equality".

2 minutes ago, Claire. said:

How did this discussion sink to the point where women are stereotyped and insulted

really? those are satirical posts. vs the posts where men are actually being stereotyped and insulted. You analysis is pretty shallow and one sided. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rinna said:

See, I don't see anything wrong with the guy getting the job over you. I believe in equality of opportunity, not outcome. Obviously it's almost impossible to speculate on antidotes..but..men on average are just..better at construction type jobs. Are some women better than men? Yes. But most women are not attracted to the same type of work that men are, it isn't due to cultural conditioning..its due to where our interests lie.

Again why are the woman's job not as important? Why are their interests less important? 

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Now that would really *fry* me as well. However, I really don't think one can blame Trump because one's mother in law is a real bitc...err 'female dog'. Sure, there's some unfair cultural conditioning that might cause some women to accept such treatment, but once again I'm not convinced that 'we hate Trump' marches are the solution to this problem.  

I'm not blaming Trump either. I'm calling it a symptom of cultural conditioning. He is just the guy in the right seat at the right time.

Women aren't 'privileged' here in the USA,  but I do feel we are more 'fortunate' than women in many other countries. That said, Kismit makes a very good point with the question of why traditional 'woman's jobs' aren't viewed as equally important to traditional 'men's jobs'.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Just for the record, I don't have a husband. I bought my own kitchen appliances, my own furniture, my own car and even my own house. Everything is paid for, no loans or even a mortgage on the house. I took all the risk when the market dropped like an anvil back in 2008 and I reaped all the rewards via smart investing. I was told (more than once) that I was going to 'lose everything' by remaining invested in the market. I listened to my own intellect (not any man's) and I'm now retired and living a middle class life. Granted, I'm not rich but what I do have is mine. Oh, and I paid for both my kid's under grad college as well.

All that said, I have no urge to want to go and 'protest' over some vague threat that's supposed to just *happen* now that Trump is President. Keep in mind, Trump isn't a staunch conservative he's far more of a populist. I seriously doubt he will advocate for women being chained in their kitchens while 'barefoot and pregnant'.

Also, to Jarocal, I don't play by those rules.

Well shoot!  You did all that while we had the worst President in the history of all galaxies of galaxies in office?  Man, I can see why you wanted a change...that was a tough 8 years.

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

traditional 'woman's jobs' aren't viewed as equally important to traditional 'men's jobs'

they are respected. Unless you have quantifiable statistics on respect the claim is an empty one.

And yes western women are privileged. Higher secondary education rates, better job opportunities, higher life expectancies , better quality of jobs... lower suicide rates.. 1/4 compared to 3/4.. lower murder rates basically 1/4 vs 3/4... etc etc etc etc etc etc etc..  I'm not a fan of modern feminism but plenty of these feminist blogger types have written articles of western privilege lol.  Self cannibalizing movement lol

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 1

Just now, Agent0range said:

Well shoot!  You did all that while we had the worst President in the history of all galaxies of galaxies in office?  Man, I can see why you wanted a change...that was a tough 8 years.

Ha, ha, very funny.

No, I had the capital from a lifetime of hard work that I chose to invest very carefully (technologies, energy, pharmaceuticals primarily). The bottoming out just gave me the chance to make a move that paid off in the end. Most people did not find themselves in such a fortunate position. Oh, and I could say I'm just 'heller smart' but that might be a tad of an exaggeration (but just a tad).

• Like 5