Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesting for what?


Baz Dane
 Share

Recommended Posts

I started catching up on this thread, then I noticed that I was on page 11 and it was now on page 16. Would it be worth ploughing through the remainder of it ?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

I started catching up on this thread, then I noticed that I was on page 11 and it was now on page 16. Would it be worth ploughing through the remainder of it ?

In for a penny, in for a pound.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Kismit said:

 

I wanted to hide that as it just scraped through the rules. Must say it's the only time I've ever seen that used and feel it's woefully inacurate.

oh you twisty little thing you.

You know I wanted the name for a male activist. It's a term that never seems to be used when evaluating controversial material. Unlike the dertogatory use of the term feminist.

Why is that?

Male Chauvinist Pig. You must be very young.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MWoo7 said:

What! can change those!? after a thousand posts!, no buttercups, flighty ones, snowflakes, buttercups, certified, no certified whiner, silverspoon, granola kid or Mighty Horn Blower! 
I was just getting comfortable to those.

Lets see, mine says Psychic Spy, would certainly like something to do with soapbox and TOOTING MY HORNS !  %  D

hmmm I hope others elaborate, can change it eh?  Thought it was an automated thing, or am I way out / off and it was just a hinting like joke.  Oh wellz.

You can do it thru ur profile, it's under "User Title" or something like that, I think.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, South Alabam said:

And 300 hundred spills that weren't reported during Obama's legacy is Trumps problem how?

Dude its ALL OF OUR PROBLEM.  

Im not blaming Trump for the previous spills , seriously if you read that in my post there is something wrong with your brain and you should probably step away from political discourse for a while . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Michelle said:

My husband, also a welder, went to bat for a few women he worked with before we opened our own shop. The women were much more meticulous and produced better x-ray welds. They were still paid less until it went to court. After something like that they make work a living hell. It is also expensive. White females aren't considered a minority so they don't get a lot of public assistance in these situations.

We've been training a twenty year old girl who after two years has surpassed a guy we've been trying to train for almost ten years. Her work almost never needs to be redone. His...can't brag about it. He does have a strong back though.  We're getting old and can't tote and lift like we used to. 

Kudos for not using a gender to evaluate your hires.   I would guess that if you posted a position, at least 9/10 applicants would be men.   I find the same thing when I have to hire an event coordinator.   At least 9/10 are women.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Rinna said:

It suddenly just occurred to me that I didn't exactly lay out the biggest reason I disagree with the Women's march. 

The march wasn't about Trump taking away rights, because never once has he advocated for taking away women's rights. (Now before someone mentions abortion, all he can do is put justices in place to overturn Roe V. Wade which would return abortion back to a state by state basis.) This was about women disagreeing with Trump, and who he is. I don't think it is acceptable to accuse someone of wanting to rob your human rights because they have a different political ideology. 

 

Right, because he would not take away our freedom from us,he doesn't want to hurt us.  I don't think abortions will ever  be a thing of the past. I'm so sorry these women couldn't find any other way to educate and handle certain areas that need fixing, it's like the same thing with sanctuary cities & broken immigration, actually it all connects to them wanting to keep a broken system.  

I think President Trump knows  a better way to help as opposed to the path of un-enlightenment  the left  always take.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Right, because he would not take away our freedom from us,he doesn't want to hurt us.  I don't think abortions will ever  be a thing of the past. I'm so sorry these women couldn't find any other way to educate and handle certain areas that need fixing, it's like the same thing with sanctuary cities & broken immigration, actually it all connects to them wanting to keep a broken system.  

I think President Trump knows  a better way to help as opposed to the path of un-enlightenment  the left  always take.

Sure suggesting women who get abortions should go to be punished shows absolutely no ill will whatsoever :blink: 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure suggesting women who get abortions should go to be punished shows absolutely no ill will whatsoever :blink: 

I agree with you to a point.  But..... If a woman does have an "illegal" abortion, there should be a punishment of some kind.  

I'm not on either end of the spectrum with abortions.  I do think that abortions after a certain month should be legal unless life threatening.   I'm not certain of the month, maybe 4th or 5th.   Not saying I am right, just my opinion on the matter.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Myles said:

I agree with you to a point.  But..... If a woman does have an "illegal" abortion, there should be a punishment of some kind.  

I'm not on either end of the spectrum with abortions.  I do think that abortions after a certain month should be legal unless life threatening.   I'm not certain of the month, maybe 4th or 5th.   Not saying I am right, just my opinion on the matter.  

I agree totally with you in terms of the legality and gestation time. 

I didnt take what trump had said as referring to extreme abortions, in that same interview he proclaimed he was pro life . Of course he did backpedal and say he would hold the Dr. accountable and not the woman but I find that people who backtrack after speaking their minds generally are doing so for expediency sake and not because of a sudden enlightenment. 

 

Transcript of Interview

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure suggesting women who get abortions should go to be punished shows absolutely no ill will whatsoever :blink: 

Trump stepped in it there no doubt. Chris Mathews tripped him up under intense pressure :lol:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, .ZZ. said:

Trump stepped in it there no doubt. Chris Mathews tripped him up under intense pressure :lol:

Yeah that was a good interview. Honestly reading the transcript I think Trump put Matthews more on his heels than i remember ever seeing. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah that was a good interview. Honestly reading the transcript I think Trump put Matthews more on his heels than i remember ever seeing. 

Trump shot from the hip without thinking his answer out. That's a new one huh? :lol:

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/22/2017 at 11:13 AM, Myles said:

Madonna will do anything to stay in the news.    I find it almost humorous that the women's march had her speak on their behalf.    A woman who offered oral favors to those who would vote for Hillary.   A woman who did what she could to make women sex objects.  

Well, they have been prepared for her to swear, when they knew she was going to speak at the march. The news commentators saying, "Well, it's Madonna" is no excuse. I couldn't believe they left her on the air, after the first F bomb. They kept airing her speech until she dropped the second one. 

Besides that point, I feel Madonna didn't make women sex objects, I think she made women normal to be sexually freeing. I think big parts of the world were already making women sex objects. I think she made it for women to fight back and say, "Were not ashamed to have the same desires as men, and will not put up with being made to feel less if we do or if we say no!" 

Quote

Jaracel: 

While the promised replacement for the ACA prior to it's repeal would be preferable. I have no issue with scrapping it first. "Millions more" may now have coverage than prior to the ACA, but the quality of the coverage is now worse for tens of millions than what they had prior.

Your contention in regard to education is to dump more money/resources into the public systems which have been failing for decades? I am not advocating a conversion to private charter schools but to think the answer should be continually dumping more resources into broken school systems is myopic at best.

Well, I think something needs to be done for our failing school system. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Well, they have been prepared for her to swear, when they knew she was going to speak at the march. The news commentators saying, "Well, it's Madonna" is no excuse. I couldn't believe they left her on the air, after the first F bomb. They kept airing her speech until she dropped the second one. 

Besides that point, I feel Madonna didn't make women sex objects, I think she made women normal to be sexually freeing. I think big parts of the world were already making women sex objects. I think she made it for women to fight back and say, "Were not ashamed to have the same desires as men, and will not put up with being made to feel less if we do or if we say no!" 

Well, I think something needs to be done for our failing school system. 

There's a difference between unhealthy perversion &  healthy natural affection and love .

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It would only end up in the conspiracy theory section if we truly discussed that witch and the entertainment industry and it's purpose of influence in society & politics.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Dredimus said:

So... does anyone know what they were actually protesting?

No. They don't either.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Myles said:

Kudos for not using a gender to evaluate your hires.   I would guess that if you posted a position, at least 9/10 applicants would be men.   I find the same thing when I have to hire an event coordinator.   At least 9/10 are women.

Actually we weren't hiring welders at the time. She started working part time in the office and begged us to teach her how to weld. She studied everything about it on the internet at home. She would stay after work and play around welding scrap metal and started making little sculptures. Within eight months she was officially welding on jobs.

I've never seen anyone so enthusiastic and eager to learn. She'll get a glowing recommendation from us when she decides to move on or we retire, whichever comes first. :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Dude its ALL OF OUR PROBLEM.  

I'm not blaming Trump for the previous spills , seriously if you read that in my post there is something wrong with your brain and you should probably step away from political discourse for a while . 

The order for the pipeline is to use American steel vs the Chinese steel that has been causing a lot of these breakage problems. I see that as a positive step to reducing these spills. I read that before your post, so to me it seemed like regardless of anything positive Trump does it is wrong. If that wasn't your intention, I apologize.

Edited by South Alabam
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, South Alabam said:

The order for the pipeline is to use American steel vs the Chinese steel that has been causing a lot of these breakage problems. I see that as a positive step to reducing these spills. I read that before your post, so to me it seemed like regardless of anything positive Trump does it is wrong. If that wasn't you're intention, I apologize.

No worries. I was referring to the order (memo i think ) that said the pipeline should still be built.

No the American steel thing is great and i am trying to give Trump credit for the good he does do I just wish it wasnt wrapped up in the pipeline deal. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, aquatus1 said:

And you wonder why the other side doesn't believe they will get fair and balanced treatment from your side.

i do not wonder at all,  fair is not what they are looking for.

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.