Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesting for what?


Baz Dane

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

Except that's not why the protests are happening.  You're as uninformed as the protesters are.

I never addressed the why. Does the why need addressing? Ask any number of a large group of people, and each will give you 10 reasons why. I don't need to waste my time with that stuff. Not here. It's out there. To me, the heart of the matter is that any group of people want to go full-on revolt, more power to them. And, in all honesty, dissent is healthy if it can prompt a wider public recognition and debate. Let's not get complicated here. I don't go to Yanni concerts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

MILO: ‘Nothing Says Women’s Rights Like a Sharia Law Activist Who Wears the Hijab’

“This is Linda Sarsour, the Hamas-loving Muslim woman throwing up the ISIS sign that somehow was in charge of the women’s march on Washington. Because nothing says women’s rights like a Sharia law activist in a hijab,” proclaimed MILO ironically. “Seriously, this is how stupid liberals are.”

http://www.breitbart.com/milo/2017/01/25/milo-nothing-says-womens-rights-like-sharia-law-activist-wears-hijab/

the dummies do not even see the contradiction

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, aztek said:

the dummies do not even see the contradiction

“Seriously, this is how stupid liberals are.”

 

Yep.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Skulduggery said:

dissent is healthy

dissent CAN be healthy. It isn't always so. Pretty important distinction.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why do I like previous post?,,, because its not dissertations, DECLARATIONS, treatise essay manuscript VIDEO rapNOISE etc.. oh and he's Canadian teehee canad-fireworks-smiley.gif?1292867563

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

Quote

This is Linda Sarsour, the Hamas-loving Muslim woman throwing up the ISIS sign that somehow was in charge of the women’s march on Washington.

ISIS sign? Was that pro or anti?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, MWoo7 said:

Why do I like those previous two posts, because they are not dissertations, DECLARATIONS, treatise.

i.e. they take up less than half a page? yes. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

dissent CAN be healthy. It isn't always so. Pretty important distinction.

I think no dissent at all is a very, very bad thing. The thing with the dissent about the World's #2 Tyrant, though*, is that so far the dissent seems to be entirely anticipatory - "He'll do this! he'll do that! And then he'll do something even more monstrous, you mark my words! (squeeze in H*tler reference)", or is about specific interest groups trying to manipulate it so it's all about them. 

 

* Pootn's still #1 for the time being, I believe

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:
5 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

Why do I like those previous two posts, because they are not dissertations, DECLARATIONS, treatise.

i.e. they take up less than half a page? yes. 

Your too quick!

Something I never say.

I didn't have time to correct it HA!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I don't dismiss them, I dismiss those in the march who deemed this as a fight for human rights like the females in this country are under attack. I don't believe they are. 

Not under attack, but I feel we are being unfairly treated as women in many situations. I'm not saying all, just in some areas in everything in this country. I still see it in person, the unfair treatment by some to women. The unequal salary is one of them I feel needs to be addressed. Who knows, maybe Trump will do something positive about that. 

I personally see how half of the politicians seem to vote no on various domestic abuse bills that are to protect. I see how it's still a long way to go, and I feel the march is a call to finally address it. Like I said, I feel it's just Trump's behavior that may have been the last straw. 

Yeah, personally, the march should have occurred maybe a year before the election. Then again, maybe it has been tried, and some didn't take it seriously. I know, all speculation, but it's something I have noticed to be a point of view by so many in my eyes. 

Quote

They have the right to feel dislike toward him, but it's wrong to equate his careless comments to someone who wants to take away rights. 

I really hope this is the case with everyone in politics. That their comments are not equated to something they want to act on. ;) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

You can do it thru ur profile, it's under "User Title" or something like that, I think.

Thannnnnnk YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU !  
Guess I didn't get the time.

[IdealJustice yes yes update: k, I mean THANK YOU ALL! ... I can't be expected to remember everything : D]

Everytime I"M IN HERE, I'm reading in the middle, and then realize,  HOLY CRAPPOLLA these things/threads are amazing in here.

just constant posts , can't even keep up.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

The unequal salary is one of them I feel needs to be addressed

jesus Christ... the wage gap is been debuncked time and time again. if you would simply take the time to inform yourself you might make yourself privy to information outside your world view. Less huffingtonpost articles maybe... when including the variables the wage gape literally disappears

12 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

I still see it in person

anecdote. note I see it in person some mistreat of people to men. its an utterly shallow position to take that neglects nuance. Humans simply treat humans poorly why play off of identity politics.

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Stubbly_Dooright said:

Not under attack, but I feel we are being unfairly treated as women in many situations. I

guess what,  so do men,  why do we have to give up half when she wants to leave, why is family court almost always on mother side regardless of what kind of mother she is, and regardless of what kid wants., i can come up with many more examples, 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, MWoo7 said:

Thannnnnnk YYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUU !  
Guess I didn't get the time.

Everytime I"M IN HERE, I'm reading in the middle, and then realize,  HOLY CRAPPOLLA these things/threads are amazing in here.

just constant posts , can't even keep up.

lol! I told ya yesterday. if you go into profile settings near the top it will say " member title" and you can type in the field :D you are wonderful and hilarious

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, aztek said:

guess what,  so do men,  why do we have to give up half when she wants to leave, why is family court almost always on mother side regardless of what kind of mother she is, and regardless of what kid wants., i can come up with many more examples, 

these leftists love to bring up the non existent wage gap but ignore the evidently existing suicide gap, murder gap, life expectancy gap, dangerous and dirty jobs gap, military standards gap, post secondary education gap and just about every other gap that may effect men and growing boys. What we need to do is solve human problems through egalitarianism or by any means that doesn't reply on gender or identity politics.

 

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

These are pretty in-general statements so I don't feel this is outright quote mining.

“Our forefathers found the evils of free thinking more to be endured than the evils of inquest or suppression. This is because thoughtful, bold and independent minds are essential to wide and considered self-government.”
―Robert H. Jackson

“Those who begin coercive elimination of dissent soon find themselves exterminating dissenters. Compulsory unification of opinion achieves only the unanimity of the graveyard.”
―Robert H. Jackson
 

Thing is, it's all reactionary until you listen to these people and know and care about their opinions. Sure, lemmings jump off cliffs en masse. It comes down to the mutual exclusivity of it all. Social media adds an extra layer of fog on top of things but it also crystalizes the thoughts, gaps and the bridges between divides so, there are good and bad elements but people sharing a common belief and working together to be heard is never a bad thing.

People can't be made to feel guilty for making their opinions heard the world over. The louder the better. Especially not when the government is ebbing more than flowing for them. What can they do for their government? They're doing it.

If you want reasons why, you have the means. There has been a back-to-back succession of chides and rhetoric coming from the president and his party which strike at a large number of people's inherent way of life and more.

Not everyone agrees, of course. People have varying outlooks on how things should be. This, however, has been an amped-up regurgitation of social progress over the last xx years. I'm not the only one who recognizes this. I'm not mad about it or scared even. Offer level-headed opposition and have fun with it.

 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

these leftists love to bring up the non existent wage gap but ignore the evidently existing suicide gap, murder gap, life expectancy gap, dangerous and dirty jobs gap, military standards gap, post secondary education gap and just about every other gap that may effect men and growing boys. What we need to do is solve human problems through egalitarianism or by any means that doesn't reply on gender or identity politics.

 

they ignore nature, we are different, were made that way for a reason.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

a quicky ... [IdealJustice yes yes update: k, I mean THANK YOU ALL! ... I can't be expected to remember everything : D]

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Skulduggery said:

Offer level-headed opposition and have fun with it.

the movement is NOT level headed and will try to silence any opposition. I'm surprised those defending this movement have forgotten the inherit tendency to silence opposing views by the figure heads of such movements and by the adherents of the movements themselves. When we have university campuses banning Shapiro, Milo ,etc and you claim to want level headed opposition. If it isn't fitting your agenda or rhetoric it isn't level headed. The point is the conversation is being ended by the left and movements like these. I was always taught to be afraid of the right and rightfully so but in todays world it is the left is requires equal and if not more caution for their ideas. We need more centre left and centre right folk moving up into the sphere of influence.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

the movement is NOT level headed and will try to silence any opposition. I'm surprised those defending this movement have forgotten the inherit tendency to silence opposing views by the figure heads of such movements and by the adherents of the movements themselves. When we have university campuses banning Shapiro, Milo ,etc and you claim to want level headed opposition. If it isn't fitting your agenda or rhetoric it isn't level headed. The point is the conversation is being ended by the left and movements like these. I was always taught to be afraid of the right and rightfully so but in todays world it is the left is requires equal and if not more caution for their ideas. We need more centre left and centre right folk moving up into the sphere of influence.

It's a mixed bag for sure. Not everyone tries to silence other opinions. I don't and neither do many of my friends who participated in the women's marches. Offer level-headed opposition and have fun.. is not a reflection but more a suggestion to anyone reading who may want that sort of thing. It's all in the grammar.

Edited by Skulduggery
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Skulduggery said:

It's a mixed bag for sure. Not everyone tries to silence other opinions. I don't and neither do many of my friends who participated in the women's marches. Offer level-headed opposition and have fun.. is not a reflection but more a suggestion to anyone reading who may want that sort of thing. It's all in the grammar.

I for one do appreciate your level headed extension of an olive branch.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Skulduggery said:

I never addressed the why. Does the why need addressing?

Well, yeah, duh.

1 hour ago, Skulduggery said:

Ask any number of a large group of people, and each will give you 10 reasons why. I don't need to waste my time with that stuff. Not here. It's out there. To me, the heart of the matter is that any group of people want to go full-on revolt, more power to them.

Except that a full-on revolt would result in bloodshed.  And there is no need for a full-on revolt at this time, especially over the alleged grievances these "protesters" are adhering to.

1 hour ago, Skulduggery said:

And, in all honesty, dissent is healthy if it can prompt a wider public recognition and debate. Let's not get complicated here. I don't go to Yanni concerts.

Dissent is fine.  Violence, lying and hypocrisy aren't.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

 

ISIS sign? Was that pro or anti?

:rolleyes: You have two guesses, and I'm sure you'll get it right the first time....

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

Well, yeah, duh.

Except that a full-on revolt would result in bloodshed.  And there is no need for a full-on revolt at this time, especially over the alleged grievances these "protesters" are adhering to.

Dissent is fine.  Violence, lying and hypocrisy aren't.

Revolt doesn't always mean blood and war. Not by definition. Though it can allude to something like that certainly. In this case, just to rise up, etc. I think the word is apt for its purpose, although this isn't a full-on mutiny or anything.

Well, have at me serial posters. I'm out of this orgy for a minute. I've got things to do.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.