Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Protesting for what?


Baz Dane
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Claire. said:

Making general statements about it students' expectations from government, is not looking at the deeper picture. It's a lot more complex than that. I realize there are many who believe that academia has an ideological bias against conservatives and is a breeding ground for radicalism, but in truth that's where conservatives get it all wrong. Study after study has shown there is little, if any indoctrination, going on in universities. They are not the brainwashing mills some people would want everyone to believe.

While academia is clearly left leaning I think much of the mindset that they are indoctrination factories is driven by Christian conservatives. For them the free exchange of ideas is terrifying so each and every example of liberalism in academia is seized upon as confirmation and then used as propaganda.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Well, I could start a thread citing example after example that would make the "Guns Save Lives" thread look microscopic.

No don't! Pandora's box is fine the way it is. :lol:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:50 AM, Kismit said:

Woman are legally represented as equal, but often not treated that way

If they are legally equals they can take an inequalities to the court. Women in are west are at least 100% equal to men.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 3:50 AM, Kismit said:

with the fact that the nation is now run by a Man who once openly admitted to sexual assault as a viable way to handle woman.

I think its insulting to any reasonable persons intelligence to suggest such a daft thing. He said " grab em by the p*****y, and they let you do it."  1. it was a blipping joke. 2. he clearly highlights the consensual bit you conveniently omit.  I agree it was irresponsible but sheesh the prude level and highhorsedness comes across as plastic. His statement was a direct reflection of groupie culture. Where hordes of fans, men or women literally throw themselves and the rich and famous. All of it was consensual.   The Obama's etc Jay-z who's ENTIRE career was a reflection of actual misogyny not some fantasized scenario. 

These protests are by the same privileged whiny individuals who did NOTHING to protest Obama during his world meddling tenure. There is not an ounce of credibility in this pseudo movement and it will whither into the sewers from where it came.


Note that Pro Sharia moron heading some of these protests, a European faction of the protests were recorded yelling Allah Akbar... They hijab propaganda.. I would not be surprised to see Qatar, Saudi, Uae funding some of these operations.
 

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

He said " grab em by the p*****y

I know! Pantry! 

Edited by Manfred von Dreidecker
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AdealJustice said:

If they are legally equals they can take an inequalities to the court. Women in are west are at least 100% equal to men.

I think its insulting to any reasonable persons intelligence to suggest such a daft thing. He said " grab em by the p*****y, and they let you do it."  1. it was a blipping joke. 2. he clearly highlights the consensual bit you conveniently omit.  I agree it was irresponsible but sheesh the prude level and highhorsedness is comes across as plastic. His statement was a direct reflection of groupie culture. Where hordes of fans, men or women literally throw themselves and the rich and famous. All of it was consensual.  




 

Dear god are you freaking kidding me? 

First off it wasnt a joke, he was bragging 

Second letting someone in a position of perceived power do something, does not automatically equate consent. It might indicate consent, it also might indicate that the woman was too scared of the potential repercussions to say no stop.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

First off it wasnt a joke, he was bragging 

Even if he was bragging. "They let you do it". Its consensual. Its groupie culture. Don't act like this isn't a thing. That men and women who are a part of the groupy culture don't do this.

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Second letting someone in a position of perceived power do something, does not automatically equate consent. It might indicate consent

 

6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

it also might indicate that the woman was too scared of the potential repercussions to say no stop.

 Women are equal, stop acting like they are the weaker sex. They can say no. Why are you coddling the equal sex? What greater repercussions than being violated? Like? not rising up in financial status? a part of that is the groupie culture again.  If they say no they might not get what they want? I mean come on. Stop acting like grown women are babies and can't handle themselves. Its a harsh position to take but its reality. Either women are equal or they aren't. Pick one.

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AdealJustice said:

Even if he was bragging. "They let you do it". Its consensual. Its groupie culture. Don't act like this isn't a thing. That men and women who are a part of the groupy culture don't do this.

 

 Women are equal, stop acting like they are the weaker sex. They can say no. Why are you coddling the equal sex? What greater repercussions than being violated? Like? not rising up in financial status? a part of that is the groupie culture again. 

Thats a very simplistic thought process. 

When one person is a billionaire and the other isnt and is possibly dependent upon the billionaire there cannot be equality regardless of sex.

Women are physically the weaker sex, thats just science.

Yes I was referring  to greater repercussions like losing your job, getting kicked out of the beauty pageant you've spent the last year preparing for, getting sued etc. 

Im not coddling anyone, just speaking facts. Im not even trying to beat the guy up for it, it is what it is, but dont sugar coat it. Its primitive behavior. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

LOL...why anyone even thinks this debate is possible is beyond me.  Comparing a pro-Trump person vs. an anti-Trump person is about the same as comparing apples to asteroids.  There will never be any consensus, no changing of minds...especially when the starting point (original post) is an arrogant rant that basically answers all the questions it asks with the same old tired talking points. 

Speaking of which, can we please forever designate the term "sheeple" as exclusive property of douchebags, regardless of whether they are extreme Left of extreme Right?  Such a tired, useless expression, and one that pretty much disqualifies you from any adult intelligent conversation.  It's not insulting anymore, it's kinda like watching Meet the Fockers...uncomfortably humorous. 

Honestly, I think so many people are protesting simply because they don't want the rest of the world to lump them in with the donuts that voted the king donut in.  Cuz, ya, the rest of us are like "Seriously??  Trump is the best America has to offer??  Forget about "Great", you guys will be lucky to hit "Meh"."     lol...yikes!

PS:  Huge props to those that did demonstrate, we know the majority of you are cool.  Too bad about your electoral system.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

You don't notice it because you haven't been exposed to any alternative way of thinking. What younger people see as being 'moderate' and 'normative' isn't what those who can really remember (what it was like in the past) would call moderate and normative. Here's a thought; John F Kennedy would not even be a Democrat were his policies presented today. Kennedy would hands down be considered a Conservative (and fairly far right one at that). What is considered as being "in the best interests of the American people" has changed considerably as well. Here's another thought; Dr Martin Luther King's moral philosophy would not be consistent with a great deal of the rhetoric coming from the 'Black Lives Matter' organization and others in the far left. Now, of course Dr King would support the statement that "Black Lives Matter" but not the calling for death of law enforcement and hatred of people of other races. Keep in mind,  Dr King was a Christian Minister and he promoted Christian values (specifically that of non-violence).

Is it a generational thing, or a combination of that and other influences?

Edited by Claire.
Corrected typo.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats a very simplistic thought process

Sometimes simple is whats necessary.  Sometimes its not the heteronormative cis cultured patriarchy that's islamophobic with an intent to divide us through racism coupled with misogyny to help internalize the oppression of the xenophobic regime. ;) 

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

When one person is a billionaire and the other isnt and is possibly dependent upon the billionaire there cannot be equality regardless of sex.

So leave him and live like a normal person? like the tens of millions of normal folk? instead of whoring out your dignity for financial security. And if you do that then you definitely can't cry lack of consent.

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

getting kicked out of the beauty pageant

shallow professions call for shallow decision making.

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Women are physically the weaker sex, thats just science.

agreed but obviously not in the brain depo. They are equally capable of making decisions to help defend themselves.

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Im not even trying to beat the guy up for it, it is what it is, but dont sugar coat it. Its primitive behavior. 

It is primitive, sure but its consensual. That statement was a joke or bragging, either way the consent part is being omitted to perpetuate a certain rhetoric.

 

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, OldNate said:

Too bad about your electoral system

the system is proper. Just because it didn't favour your party doesn't mean its broken.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Now that we are no longer to know about the safety of our food, air, and water, I wonder if anyone will change their tune.

We are also not allowed to know about any scientific findings, or any health threats. And this is all research that our tax dollars are paying for. 

And...our current administration tried to do this without us finding out about it.

“Science, in the old sense, had almost ceased to exist. In Newspeak there is no word for science.”  - George Orwell

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, OldNate said:

LOL...why anyone even thinks this debate is possible is beyond me.  Comparing a pro-Trump person vs. an anti-Trump person is about the same as comparing apples to asteroids.  There will never be any consensus, no changing of minds...especially when the starting point (original post) is an arrogant rant that basically answers all the questions it asks with the same old tired talking points. 

Speaking of which, can we please forever designate the term "sheeple" as exclusive property of douchebags, regardless of whether they are extreme Left of extreme Right?  Such a tired, useless expression, and one that pretty much disqualifies you from any adult intelligent conversation.  It's not insulting anymore, it's kinda like watching Meet the Fockers...uncomfortably humorous. 

Honestly, I think so many people are protesting simply because they don't want the rest of the world to lump them in with the donuts that voted the king donut in.  Cuz, ya, the rest of us are like "Seriously??  Trump is the best America has to offer??  Forget about "Great", you guys will be lucky to hit "Meh"."     lol...yikes!

PS:  Huge props to those that did demonstrate, we know the majority of you are cool.  Too bad about your electoral system.

Happy Birthday!

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, OldNate said:

LOL...why anyone even thinks this debate is possible is beyond me.  Comparing a pro-Trump person vs. an anti-Trump person is about the same as comparing apples to asteroids.  There will never be any consensus, no changing of minds...especially when the starting point (original post) is an arrogant rant that basically answers all the questions it asks with the same old tired talking points. 

Speaking of which, can we please forever designate the term "sheeple" as exclusive property of douchebags, regardless of whether they are extreme Left of extreme Right?  Such a tired, useless expression, and one that pretty much disqualifies you from any adult intelligent conversation.  It's not insulting anymore, it's kinda like watching Meet the Fockers...uncomfortably humorous. 

Honestly, I think so many people are protesting simply because they don't want the rest of the world to lump them in with the donuts that voted the king donut in.  Cuz, ya, the rest of us are like "Seriously??  Trump is the best America has to offer??  Forget about "Great", you guys will be lucky to hit "Meh"."     lol...yikes!

PS:  Huge props to those that did demonstrate, we know the majority of you are cool.  Too bad about your electoral system.

You've clearly decided to make as many friends as possible with your very first post, i see.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

the system is proper. Just because it didn't favour your party doesn't mean its broken.

Whoops, you were too excited to bust out your meme-ish talking point, you missed the part where I said Your...neither was my party because I'm not American...whew!! :)    And I would suggest that over half the voters disagree with you... lol..  Now, how does democracy work again?  Riiight.

@Manfred:  Not first post, just been a while, and lost my other login.  This topic inspired me to join up again..hehe..  Besides, what's so wrong about what I said?  Pro Trump and anti Trump are never going to agree, and the fact that you guys hired a reality tv star with a deplorable world view and overall pattern of behavior is a WTF for the world.   Some folks (aka majority of American voters) will understand this, the other people, well...they weren't going to be my friends anyway.  :) 

Edited by OldNate
To avoid spam posting multiple quotes...
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, OldNate said:

Whoops, you were too excited to bust out your meme-ish talking point, you missed the part where I said Your...neither was my party because I'm not American...whew!! :)    And I would suggest that over half the voters disagree with you... lol..  Now, how does democracy work again?  Riiight. 

Good try. I said YOUR party because you seem to have a side you prefer more. I mean at least be genuine here. I am not American neither.
That is how a democracy works in the Republic of America. Thats how their democracy works. You don't even seem to have a basic grasp on the matter but seem to have developed opinion on opinion based on MSM drivel. Lolll were you trying to be clever and witty because the contrary was just reflected.

note you're justifying your criticism based on a known fallacy called argumentum ad populum... Btw the American system was set up to avoid the tyranny of the majority. At least know some basics..
 

Edited by AdealJustice
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, OldNate said:

 

Honestly, I think so many people are protesting simply because they don't want the rest of the world to lump them in with the donuts that voted the king donut in.  Cuz, ya, the rest of us are like "Seriously??  Trump is the best America has to offer??  Forget about "Great", you guys will be lucky to hit "Meh"."     lol...yikes!
.

.

I think you mean 'deplorables' ....?.......

a brief recap ---- the choice was Trump or Clinton 

Clinton was an 'insider' the choice of the political elite-
in the pocket of the globalists and beholding to groups like Saudi Arabia -
a willing aggressor happy to crank up the war machine against Russia,
no matter the dangers to her own country and the Western World -
(that's just a snippit there's also Libya etc)

Trump was a businessman, an 'outsider' who practically single handedly achieved an incredible victory -
to become the Republican candidate and to win the election and become President of the United States -
his approach to the Presidency is to try to Make America Great Again using a business model regarding
job creation and businesses - although he has vowed to go after ISIS (which most people are glad about)
he doesn't want to continue the interventionist policies of the Obama Administration that has resulted in
a completly messed up Middle East and the rise of the Islamic State --


he has been attacked from all angles by the globalists and the political elite who mobilize and brain wash
vast numbers of people using the MSM and Face Book and Twitter - they can't indoctrinate everyone
though but they and their internet foot soldiers are having a good go -

.

 

  • Like 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bee said:

.

I think you mean 'deplorables' ....?.......

a brief recap ---- the choice was Trump or Clinton 

Clinton was an 'insider' the choice of the political elite-
in the pocket of the globalists and beholding to groups like Saudi Arabia -
a willing aggressor happy to crank up the war machine against Russia,
no matter the dangers to her own country and the Western World -
(that's just a snippit there's also Libya etc)

Trump was a businessman, an 'outsider' who practically single handedly achieved an incredible victory -
to become the Republican candidate and to win the election and become President of the United States -
his approach to the Presidency is to try to Make America Great Again using a business model regarding
job creation and businesses - although he has vowed to go after ISIS (which most people are glad about)
he doesn't want to continue the interventionist policies of the Obama Administration that has resulted in
a completly messed up Middle East and the rise of the Islamic State --


he has been attacked from all angles by the globalists and the political elite who mobilize and brain wash
vast numbers of people using the MSM and Face Book and Twitter - they can't indoctrinate everyone
though but they and their internet foot soldiers are having a good go -

.

 

The man has some criticisms but people forget he stood up to the multi trillion dollar global establishment and won. He won against establishment media.  I mean why is the left so apprehensive of a man who beat the system they are always crying victimhood from?

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

The man has some criticisms but people forget he stood up to the multi trillion dollar global establishment and won. He won against establishment media.  I mean why is the left so apprehensive of a man who beat the system they are always crying victimhood from?

Because he's not one of them.  The Hypocrisy of the Left, and all that.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, AdealJustice said:

The man has some criticisms but people forget he stood up to the multi trillion dollar global establishment and won. He won against establishment media.  I mean why is the left so apprehensive of a man who beat the system they are always crying victimhood from?

It is ironic that the democrats are p***ed off that the republicans elected a democrat

Im not exactly on the left but Ill answer;  I think Immaturity ,misogyny, elitism, the inability to accept criticism, corporate ties and an apparent lack of concern for the environment are the main reasons. Throw in some of his cabinet selections and its not exactly confidence inspiring. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AdealJustice said:

The man has some criticisms but people forget he stood up to the multi trillion dollar global establishment and won. He won against establishment media.  I mean why is the left so apprehensive of a man who beat the system they are always crying victimhood from?

.

exactly --- they have had their heads twisted and messed up by some clever psychological operations -

their heads are fckt up good and proper but they don't even realize - and are sucking up the lies and propaganda -

where all this is leading I don't know --- jeeeeezus he's only been president for 6 days and the Mind Controllers
are working over time ---  creating mayhem then blaming the mayhem on him...:wacko:

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It is ironic that the democrats are p***ed off that the republicans elected a democrat

Im not exactly on the left but Ill answer;  I think Immaturity ,misogyny, elitism, the inability to accept criticism, corporate ties and an apparent lack of concern for the environment are the main reasons. Throw in some of his cabinet selections and its not exactly confidence inspiring. 

.

thank you for illustrating the main points / aims of the Psychological Operation --- and putting it all in a nut shell -- :rolleyes:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bee said:

.

thank you for illustrating the main points / aims of the Psychological Operation --- and putting it all in a nut shell -- :rolleyes:

Huh? 

Donald Trump was a celebrity doing immature and masygonistic things while hanging out with the Clintons and Epstein (elites) and yelling at Rosie Odonnel (inability to accept critism)  LONG before he ever ran for president. Those character traits were there and publicly known back when he was still a democrat it has nothing to do with politics. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

It is ironic that the democrats are p***ed off that the republicans elected a democrat

Im not exactly on the left but Ill answer;  I think Immaturity ,misogyny, elitism, the inability to accept criticism, corporate ties and an apparent lack of concern for the environment are the main reasons. Throw in some of his cabinet selections and its not exactly confidence inspiring. 

I agree with some of those points but even if some of those points are true which I think are, why were the democratic populous silent for Obamas hypocrisy in this department?  Nepotism, Doublespeak, foreign conflicts, backtracking on promises, Hillary's corporate ties, etc etc etc. Yet Obama is ok because he faked it better? I would prefer an enemy I know to one that I don't.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Huh? 

Donald Trump was a celebrity doing immature and masygonistic things while hanging out with the Clintons and Epstein (elites) and yelling at Rosie Odonnel (inability to accept critism)  LONG before he ever ran for president. Those character traits were there and publicly known back when he was still a democrat it has nothing to do with politics. 

That's the single biggest thing I have against em.. the Epstein affair. Note ... NO ONE and I mean not a single major mainstream outlet talked about that topic during the campaign etc. Note the Ceo of NY times is a known pedo protector since the BBC times with Saville...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.