Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

20 minutes ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

anyone else afraid that the next step is the Reichstag catching fire and Immigrants (and/or "the Left") catching the blame?

It's an appealing thought but what's more likely to happen is the new american embassy in Jerusalem attacked and an expansion of Israel.... far more likely considering all the events since 911.  Giving Christians priority in evacuation and relocation to predominantly Christian nations seems to be the que Trump is going to follow through with a promise to eradicate islamic terrorism in the ME soon.

19 minutes ago, acidhead said:

It's an appealing thought but what's more likely to happen is the new american embassy in Jerusalem attacked and an expansion of Israel.... far more likely considering all the events since 911.  Giving Christians priority in evacuation and relocation to predominantly Christian nations seems to be the que Trump is going to follow through with a promise to eradicate islamic terrorism in the ME soon.

That "new embassy" has been on the books for many years now and passed down to other presidents...

I hope it continues to be passed on,we already have enough headaches in that region without the symbolic flames ignited!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

That "new embassy" has been on the books for many years now and passed down to other presidents...

I hope it continues to be passed on,we already have enough headaches in that region without the symbolic flames ignited!

Trump speaking to AIPAC.... "We will move the american embassy to Jerusalem"

https://www.youtube.com/shared?ci=n0-Wyw0kBEg

Edited by acidhead
  • Like 1

demonstrations about the temporary ban on the refugees etc ---

of course the Obama Administration with Clinton (UK et al) have a lot of responsibility for CREATING the refugee situation -

with their interference in the Middle East -

but that won't enter the heads of the demonstrators -

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, bee said:

demonstrations about the temporary ban on the refugees etc ---

of course the Obama Administration with Clinton (UK et al) have a lot of responsibility for CREATING the refugee situation -

with their interference in the Middle East -

but that won't enter the heads of the demonstrators -

Exactly, the refugee situation arose do to the power vacuum created by the US withdrawing and ISIS rising up in response.

• Like 1

So Syrian refugees will be permanently on the list? But ISIS fighters are foreigners in Syria fighting both the loyalists (Assad's forces) and the rebels (Free Syrian Army). 

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

anyone else afraid that the next step is the Reichstag catching fire and Immigrants (and/or "the Left") catching the blame?

I'm not.  Why would anyone else be?

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Exactly, the refugee situation arose do to the power vacuum created by the US withdrawing and ISIS rising up in response.

We couldn't do it.  It was too much of a strain on the military physically, mentally, and financially.  I spent 8 years active duty, and was deployed for 4 of that.  That's ridiculous, and not sustainable.  

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

We couldn't do it.  It was too much of a strain on the military physically, mentally, and financially.  I spent 8 years active duty, and was deployed for 4 of that.  That's ridiculous, and not sustainable.  

That's how you burn out your guys. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thanato said:

That's how you burn out your guys. 

Which is exactly why I had to get out.  I missed my kids growing up.  I missed EVERYTHING.  I loved the Army, and would have loved to have done my 20..but I just couldn't do it anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acidhead said:

For 8 yrs Obama's administration bombed those war torn countries or abated in bombing them and the Left was silent.  Obama's bombs in their minds were peaceful bombs with absolutely no repercussions.  He warmed their tummies with his heartfelt Nobel Laureate speeches and they sucked it up like enfants do every few hrs to ease their empty stomach.  It's been sickening to say the least.  What's even more disturbing is witnessing those, mostly women and a fair amount of men who wouldn't know their masculinity if their great grandfather slapped them up the side of their head, continually engage in identity politics denouncing those who do not share their unlogical view of the world we live in all awhile proclaiming with rainbow tinted FB profile photos that Love is the answer. 

I actually saw this today...seems sort of applicable to your post: (NOTE: I DID NOT CREATE THIS! FOUND ONLINE!)

D0zJP8m.png

Edited by Rinna
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, Lilly said:

I've been really thinking about how all this is actually going to work...and quite frankly, I'm not so sure it will. I think the United States just needs to become far more careful across the board regarding who we allow to come into our nation. Basically, we need to 'extreme vet' everyone. The world is a very dangerous place and caution needs to be applied, period.

From your lips to Trump's ears...

• Like 1

I have to say..I support this, entirely. It hurts my heart to think we are denying people that probably, definitely need genuine help. But let's not forget, there are people suffering allover the world. I understand these people are coming from a war-torn nation..but...the United States is not required to set itself on fire to keep the rest of the world warm. 

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Agent0range said:

Clearly you didn't understand my question.  It was in regards to, you know, the VETTING PROCESS.  

I was just bored :)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Rinna said:

I have to say..I support this, entirely. It hurts my heart to think we are denying people that probably, definitely need genuine help. But let's not forget, there are people suffering allover the world. I understand these people are coming from a war-torn nation..but...the United States is not required to set itself on fire to keep the rest of the world warm. 

Please, research the situation at hand.  If you are against taking in refugees, that's a completely different issue.  This is TRAVEL altogether, including people with green cards who have homes and a permanent residence in the United States.  This is people with Visa's that served the United State Military for years.  This is not just taking in refugees, it is much, much bigger than that.  And like I said earlier...someone show me where the vetting process the United States had in place failed.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

And like I said earlier...someone show me where the vetting process the United States had in place failed.

Wife Of Alleged San Bernardino Shooting Conspirator Pleads Guilty To Immigration Fraud

The wife of a man accused of conspiring with San Bernardino shooter Syed Farook plead guilty Friday to immigration fraud charges.

Ontario resident Mariyah Chernykh, 26, admitted entering into a sham marriage with Enrique Marquez Jr., who is facing charges of conspiring with Farook in the December 2, 2015 attack at the Inland Regional Center, according to federal prosecutors.

After pleading guilty to charges of conspiracy, perjury, and false statements, Chernykh faces a statutory maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $1 million.

Chernykh is the second person to plead guilty in what prosecutors say was an immigration fraud scheme uncovered shortly after the San Bernardino attack, which left 14 dead and several others seriously wounded.

cont...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/01/27/wife-of-alleged-san-bernardino-shooting-conspirator-pleads-guilty-to-immigration-fraud/

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 6

The chance of a being killed by a refugee terrorist in the US is one in 3.64 billion, according to a new report that studied the tangible risk posed by immigration. 

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/refugee-terrorist-chances-of-killed-one-in-3-billion-donald-trump-immigration-ban-syria-yemen-libya-a7548151.html

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Ontario resident 

Statement retracted 

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
statement retracted

Just now, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Are you going to tell Trump he forgot to add Canada to his list?

She wasn't from Canada, if you would kindly consider doing any research at all on the entire story.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Please, research the situation at hand.  If you are against taking in refugees, that's a completely different issue.  This is TRAVEL altogether, including people with green cards who have homes and a permanent residence in the United States.  This is people with Visa's that served the United State Military for years.  This is not just taking in refugees, it is much, much bigger than that.  And like I said earlier...someone show me where the vetting process the United States had in place failed.

I am hoping the whole green card thing will be...clarified or altered quickly. That's too far for me.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Wife Of Alleged San Bernardino Shooting Conspirator Pleads Guilty To Immigration Fraud

The wife of a man accused of conspiring with San Bernardino shooter Syed Farook plead guilty Friday to immigration fraud charges.

Ontario resident Mariyah Chernykh, 26, admitted entering into a sham marriage with Enrique Marquez Jr., who is facing charges of conspiring with Farook in the December 2, 2015 attack at the Inland Regional Center, according to federal prosecutors.

After pleading guilty to charges of conspiracy, perjury, and false statements, Chernykh faces a statutory maximum sentence of 20 years in federal prison and a fine of up to $1 million.

Chernykh is the second person to plead guilty in what prosecutors say was an immigration fraud scheme uncovered shortly after the San Bernardino attack, which left 14 dead and several others seriously wounded.

cont...

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/01/27/wife-of-alleged-san-bernardino-shooting-conspirator-pleads-guilty-to-immigration-fraud/

Michelle, please read your article, and tell me the citizenship of Mariyah Chernykh, and then tell me if you would like to retract your statement.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Michelle said:

She wasn't from Canada, if you would kindly consider doing any research at all on the entire story.

You are absolutely right...SHE WAS FROM RUSSIA...hardly pertinent to this thread at all...unless you are saying our President should also bar travel from Russia.  But, we all know it will be a cold day in Vladimir Putin's hell before that happens.

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked