Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

1 hour ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

If Nustin keeps that up, Canada will be added to the list of No Entry Countries.

You mean the radical Islamic terrorists could just enter the US through Canada?    :(

Of course now he's going to have to jerk around with Canada too if travel bans are going to be the solution.

If we compare the actual ban to the campaign rhetoric promising the ban, Donald Trump still hasn't figured out "what the hell is going on!" but he predicts he'll figure it out in 120 days.

3 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Until such time as the world economy is weaned from cheap petroleum energy and plastics, or Middle Eastern wells dry up completely, you will not see such a paradigm shift. Alternative fuel and plastic sources are great to research but matching petroleum's bang for the buck with it's established infrastructure globally is going to require a radical shift in how we view energy. 

So let them keep getting away with the lies about radical Islamic terrorism that can't find Saudi Arabia on a map?   Perhaps a radical shift in how we view terrorism must come first.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Thanks for the articles. I think this quote from the article above highlights the inanity of all of this :

The new Republican president said these actions were needed "to protect the American people from terrorist attacks by foreign nationals admitted to the United States."

Yet the nation who supplied the hijackers on 9/11 isnt included in the ban. 

I've noticed that as well. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and yet, Saudi Arabia is not on Trump's ban list. What's up with that??? 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

I've noticed that as well. Most of the 9/11 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia and yet, Saudi Arabia is not on Trump's ban list. What's up with that??? 

Lilly linked to an article earlier. It was Obama's list of countries that Trump took the information from.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

The former King of Saudi Arabia (King Abdullah 'some long Arabic name' ) died just a couple of years ago and now his younger brother King 'I don't know his name' has assumed power. The rumor is that Trump had a long telephone conversation with King 'I don't know his name' just a few days ago.

IMO, things are happening that we just don't know about.

Thanks to Google, it's King Salman (with a bunch of middle names) Al Saud.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 3

21 minutes ago, Yamato said:

You mean the radical Islamic terrorists could just enter the US through Canada?    :(

Of course now he's going to have to jerk around with Canada too if travel bans are going to be the solution.

If we compare the actual ban to the campaign rhetoric promising the ban, Donald Trump still hasn't figured out "what the hell is going on!" but he predicts he'll figure it out in 120 days.

So let them keep getting away with the lies about radical Islamic terrorism that can't find Saudi Arabia on a map?   Perhaps a radical shift in how we view terrorism must come first.

And your proposed solution with the radical shift in view on terrorism? Like it or not the world economy runs on petroleum products and there will be no international embargo on trade in middle eastern oil. Say the US severs trade/ties with the House of Saud, will the EU follow along? Will china jump right in to pick up the slack and what woukd that do with a trade relationship with other countries willibg to use middle eastern oil to make products for export to the US or anyone who embargoes middle eastern oil?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

I think it has something to do with what Jarocal was saying, about energy and the rights of citizens and the expansion of liberties in the US.  

Energy Rights I guess they're called, so we can't p*** off Saudi Arabia.   p*** off the rest of the world instead, to save the 2 American lives from the Islamic Jihad.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Michelle said:

Lilly linked to an article earlier. It was Obama's list of countries that Trump took the information from.

Trump should have been aware that Osama bin Laden was also from Saudi Arabia in addition to the fact that a number of terrorists have carried out anti-Western attacks in that country as well.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

So its obamas fault? Because why? trump didnt know the 9/11 hijackers came from saudi? 

• Like 2

Just now, skyeagle409 said:

Trump should have been aware that Osama bin Laden was also from Saudi Arabia in addition to the fact that a number of terrorists have carried out anti-Western attacks in that country as well.

But, they are long established allies on through the Obama administration...until last week. We don't want total isolation do we?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

I'm sure Trump's aware of that. That said, the current threat (aka, The Islamic State) is most certainly what's on Trump's mind at this point in time.

BTW, ISIS has placed one of those 'fatwahs' (you know, where they kill you all)  on the royal family of Saudi Arabia.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

And your proposed solution with the radical shift in view on terrorism? Like it or not the world economy runs on petroleum products and there will be no international embargo on trade in middle eastern oil. Say the US severs trade/ties with the House of Saud, will the EU follow along? Will china jump right in to pick up the slack and what woukd that do with a trade relationship with other countries willibg to use middle eastern oil to make products for export to the US or anyone who embargoes middle eastern oil?

If the creative exclusions to the ban have this much to do with oil and petroleum products, I wouldn't have entertained the idea of a ban as long as I have already.

5 minutes ago, Yamato said:

I think it has something to do with what Jarocal was saying, about energy and the rights of citizens and the expansion of liberties in the US.  

Energy Rights I guess they're called, so we can't p*** off Saudi Arabia.   p*** off the rest of the world instead, to save the 2 American lives from the Islamic Jihad.  

The rest of the world overlooks human rights issues in the country of choice for their petroleum addiction as well. China gets a pass on that, the environmental issues, and other things so the rest of the world gets cheap gadgets to play with.

1 minute ago, Yamato said:

If the creative exclusions to the ban have this much to do with oil and petroleum products, I wouldn't have entertained the idea of a ban as long as I have already.

Well petroleum products and the money Saudis funnel to pet/personal charities of political leaders in the US and Europe.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jarocal said:

The rest of the world overlooks human rights issues in the country of choice for their petroleum addiction as well. China gets a pass on that, the environmental issues, and other things so the rest of the world gets cheap gadgets to play with.

If you really think that has to do with this, Trump should have put China on the list.

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The former King of Saudi Arabia (King Abdullah 'some long Arabic name' ) died just a couple of years ago and now his younger brother King 'I don't know his name' has assumed power. The rumor is that Trump had a long telephone conversation with King 'I don't know his name' just a few days ago.

IMO, things are happening that we just don't know about.

There could be more to the story as to what's going on.

How Does Trump's Immigration Freeze Square With His Business Interests?

The 19 terrorists in the Sept. 11 attacks were from Saudi Arabia, Egypt, Lebanon and the United Arab Emirates, Myre points out. They are among the Muslim-majority countries not affected by Trump's immigration freeze, but where Trump does business.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/28/511996783/how-does-trumps-immigration-freeze-square-with-his-business-interests

President Trump’s travel ban will leave his business partners untouched

A golf course bearing Trump’s name is set to open in Dubai in the near future, with a second to follow next year. His hotel company hopes to build in Qatar and Saudi Arabia. He rents space in Trump Tower to Qatar Airways. The governments of Bahrain and Kuwait have spent money to celebrate events at his DC hotel.

http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/1/28/14425504/trump-refugee-travel-ban-business-countries

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So its obamas fault? Because why? trump didnt know the 9/11 hijackers came from saudi? 

LOL....

I should have known that somehow Trump's ****ups would really be Obama's fault.

Alternative facts at their finest.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yamato said:

If you really think that has to do with this, Trump should have put China on the list.

Trump has rattled China's chain far more than any of the recent administrations have. 

14 minutes ago, Michelle said:

But, they are long established allies on through the Obama administration...until last week. We don't want total isolation do we?

Total isolation is not a good thing. However, my personal position is that there is a need to can the ban. 

Edited by skyeagle409
  • Like 1

Ever think that the same countries stable and rational enough to do business with might also be the same ones stable and rational enough to allow travel and immigration to and from?

Oh, and I highly suspect this 'ban' will only be temporary...or will be lifted for most of the countries involved.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Man, not even Afghanistan made Trump's list... can you believe that. 

Did you expected a higher level of geographical knowledge from a person who stated: "Belgium is a wonderfull city"? Really?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, toast said:

Did you expected a higher level of geographical knowledge from a person who stated: "Belgium is a wonderfull city"? Really?

Well, Brussels does start with a 'B' after all. LOL

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, skyeagle409 said:

Total isolation is not a good thing. However, my personal position is that there is a need to can the ban. 

The ban is temporary, it cans itself in 120 days with the exception of Syria. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Trump has rattled China's chain far more than any of the recent administrations have. 

China sends us real things they really produced with land, material, capital and manpower, and we send them a piece of paper in return.  An IOU.  Trump's chain rattling about China shows he knows nothing about economics.   And you wanted to make this discussion about human rights violations in China?    Well that didn't last long.

Just now, skyeagle409 said:

Total isolation is not a good thing. However, my personal position is there is a need to can the ban. 

It's my understanding that it is only for four months. Things need to be reevaluated. Trump is going over all Obama's policies. Some people expected him to immediately stop all military actions...with boots still on the ground that need air support. 

He's not God for christ sake

5 minutes ago, toast said:

What, Belgium City isn't wonderful?

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked