Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So its obamas fault? Because why? trump didnt know the 9/11 hijackers came from saudi? 

Ok, and of course you can present evidence that Trump didn't know that.

15 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

China gets a pass on that, the environmental issues, and other things so the rest of the world gets cheap gadgets to play with.

Like shoes and clothes sold by Ivanka Trump’s company IT Collection LLC. Yeah, America First.

Ivanka Trump’s clothing brand is manufactured in China and other Asian countries, as part of a licensing deal with G-III Apparel Group (GIII), which also manufactures clothing for Calvin Klein, Tommy Hilfiger and Jones New York. G-III says it operates offices in Nanjing and Qingdao in China, as well as Vietnam and Indonesia, employing more than 300 employees who work with local factories. G-III didn’t immediately return a request for comment.

link

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Well, Brussels does start with a 'B' after all. LOL

:lol:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Yamato said:

China sends us real things they really produced with land, material, capital and manpower, and we send them a piece of paper in return.  An IOU.  Trump's chain rattling about China shows he knows nothing about economics.   And you wanted to make this discussion about human rights violations in China?    Well that didn't last long.

No the comparison was we overlook crap China does and we overlook Saudi human rights issues for the same reason, economics. Hell we overlook how migrant workers are treated in America so we can have cheap burgers and salads.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Ever think that the same countries stable and rational enough to do business with might also be the same ones stable and rational enough to allow travel and immigration to and from?

Oh, and I highly suspect this 'ban' will only be temporary...or will be lifted for most of the countries involved.

I hope it's temporary because it would be ineffective and do more harm to the US.  In addition, certain people within the US can be easily influenced from outside sources to carry out terrorist attacks within our borders.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, toast said:

Like shoes and clothes sold by Ivanka Trump’s company IT Collection LLC. Yeah, America First.

Exactly like those products.

I'm not even a Trump fan, did not vote for him, and yet still find myself in a thread seemingly posting on his side because people choose to omit words like temporary in front of ban which is an accurate descriptor and put words like Muslim in front of it which is not a particularly accurate one.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Some people expected him to immediately stop all military actions

Who?  Name one.   And why?   What in the world did Trump say to give anyone that idea?  

The air support excuse was cheap to begin with when you suggested that I didn't care about the lives of our troops.  I'm all for using air support in the process of withdrawing our troops from Iraq.   That doesn't have anything to do with this, or with facts, or reality.

He's not God for christ sake

He's not Christ either for god sake.   Let's review what he actually is:   "Putting rings and taking the oil", torture, Muslim bans, Exxon Mobil, Chevron Texaco, Sheldon Adelson, Rex Tillerson, Israel, Saudi Arabia.    There you go Michelle.   There's Trump's set of interests.  

"Oh he's just saying that!" was the excuse I heard over and over again during the campaign, sometimes I felt like the only person in the room who believed that Trump was an honest man.

• Like 4

What I find rather amusing is that Trump told everyone this was exactly what he was going to do...and then when he does it everyone is so *shocked*.

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

No the comparison was we overlook crap China does and we overlook Saudi human rights issues for the same reason, economics. Hell we overlook how migrant workers are treated in America so we can have cheap burgers and salads.

Burgers and salads.. But we're led to believe that our nations were built on immigrants.. and still are. This maybe the case but most come here to do exactly that. Cook, clean, build, etc.. Which is better than they're getting back home. They get the same pay and benefits we all get, even the unfortunate natives that have lived here for generations who ain't doing so well.

And, they've caused wages to go down and house prices to sky rocket. But that's migrants in general.

19 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

You're free to overlook whatever you like until the moment you want to come spend my money not to overlook it.  

The reason Saudi Arabia isn't on the list is because we're not going to be taking anything from Saudi Arabia.   We're run by a gang of money sucking morons who don't care about you or I.   You took what they wanted to do seriously for a moment, that was funny.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, SNR said:

Burgers and salads.. But we're led to believe that our nations were built on immigrants.. and still are. This maybe the case but most come here to do exactly that. Cook, clean, build, etc.. Which is better than they're getting back home. They get the same pay and benefits we all get, even the unfortunate natives that have lived here for generations who ain't doing so well.

And, they've caused wages to go down and house prices to sky rocket. But that's migrants in general.

As the case in Florida with the Immakolee tomato workers illustrated, migrants are abused and payed less than required by law. So it is not just depressing wages or doing work Americans do not want to. It is actual human rights issues with unsafe working conditions and less than legal pay. That the conditions or pay is better than their country of origin is moot. The simple fact they do not meet the conditions prescribed by US law makes them abuse that the nation as a whole turns a blind eye to.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Lilly said:

What I find rather amusing is that Trump told everyone this was exactly what he was going to do...and then when he does it everyone is so *shocked*.

He told everyone he was going to lock out Christians and 5yr olds?

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real-time/2-Syrian-families-detained-at-PHL-returned-to-Qatar.html

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/01/29/mom-reunion-son-dulles-airport.cnn

• Like 1

The transient, illegal Hispanic women and children who work on these farms are often sexually abused too. Nobody cares about that either. Essentially they are slaves. They are afraid to report it because they might be deported.

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yamato said:

You're free to overlook whatever you like until the moment you want to come spend my money not to overlook it.  

The reason Saudi Arabia isn't on the list is because we're not going to be taking anything from Saudi Arabia.   We're run by a gang of money sucking morons who don't care about you or I.   You took what they wanted to do seriously for a moment, that was funny.

I apologize but I have no idea what you are attempting to convey. Call me dense, but a clearer articulation of your message would be appreciated. Just think of me being stupid as those in Hillary's basket of deplorables

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

As the case in Florida with the Immakolee tomato workers illustrated, migrants are abused and payed less than required by law. So it is not just depressing wages or doing work Americans do not want to. It is actual human rights issues with unsafe working conditions and less than legal pay. That the conditions or pay is better than their country of origin is moot. The simple fact they do not meet the conditions prescribed by US law makes them abuse that the nation as a whole turns a blind eye to.

Yes this is disgusting and it goes on all over the world including Britain. But naturally your concentrating on the government rather than these illegal immigrant gangs that operate within and outside their own communities which is often the case. Including prostitution, drugs, arms smuggling & dealing, human trafficking etc..

Edited by SNR
To add examples

2 minutes ago, SNR said:

Yes this is disgusting and it goes on all over the world including Britain. But naturally your concentrating on the government rather than these illegal immigrant gangs that operate within and outside their own communities which is often the case.

This abuse is by American Corporations and the problem is not just in agriculture, but the construction and service fields also.

Perhaps if Trump did manage to deport the estimated 11 million illegals, the ensuing labor shortages would force Congressional action in regard to meaningful immigration reform.  

11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

The transient women and children who work on these farms are often sexually abused too. Nobody cares about that either. Essentially they are slaves.

But that's not what any of this is about.   

This is about medieval times and chopping off heads.  

So of course the moment after Saudi Arabia is excluded from the list, it becomes all about oil, and China, and female farmers in Florida, and the energy rights of every American.   I've heard of reaching for an apology before but this is getting ridiculous.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

I apologize but I have no idea what you are attempting to convey. Call me dense, but a clearer articulation of your message would be appreciated. Just think of me being stupid as those in Hillary's basket of deplorables

It isn't the US fedgov's job or the US taxpayers' bill to control what people may or may not overlook in the world.

If you don't want to buy the latest iPhone because it's made in a libtard slave factory, then just do what I do, and don't.

• Like 2

Just now, Yamato said:

It isn't the US fedgov's job or the US taxpayers' bill to control what people may or may not overlook in the world.

If you don't want to buy the latest iPhone because it's made in a libtard slave factory, then just do what I do, and don't.

Thank you for the clarification. 

4 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

This abuse is by American Corporations and the problem is not just in agriculture, but the construction and service fields also.

Perhaps if Trump did manage to deport the estimated 11 million illegals, the ensuing labor shortages would force Congressional action in regard to meaningful immigration reform.  

I was pointing out how one sided you was. When looking through a certain filter for so long I think you become unaware how narrow minded you have become. 

Maybe deporting illegals who are bad and stopping bad illegals from entering is a good move.

1 hour ago, toast said:

yea, so?  she build and runs business, yes  they are made in china, so what? 

last decades regulations, taxes, made it more profitable, and less pita, to make stuff overseas, that is what her father claims to change, 

3 hours ago, Jarocal said:

I honestly do not know what rights Christians have in Saudi Arabia. I just find it funny that the treatment of women and Christians in Saudi Arabia( and other Islamic countries) is common ground both the left and right agree on yet both sides are too stubborn to coalesce on the issue to pressure meaningful change. 

Speak for yourselves, we have a queen who insists on driving the Saudi king herself just because women aren't allowed to drive in his country :D

• Like 2

I remember when Obama thought there were 57 states.

I am not going to do Hella research and look this up, but is it possible that a person's nationality isn't as important as the country they are flying in from? Maybe that's what the ban list is about....countries that allow radicalization or training of radicals. Just a thought.

5 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

Congress would meaningfully let the immigrants back in.   Did Trump EVER address anything about the labor which the illegals provide, or was it just the drugs and the rapes?

10 minutes ago, Setton said:

Speak for yourselves, we have a queen who insists on driving the Saudi king herself just because women aren't allowed to drive in his country :D

Well that sure showed them.   Take that, Aramco!

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I knew Trump would do just that, which is one reason of many why I did not vote for him.  

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked