Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

This ban is temporary.  They want time to figure out a way to fully vet them which I doubt they can.  These places don't keep good records which makes the task next to impossible.  I would rather be over cautious on this than not cautious enough.

Several presidents have banned people from coming here.

US Implements Changes to Visa Waiver Law

January 21, 2016

On January 21, the U.S. State Department began implementing changes to the U.S. Visa Waiver Program. Citizens of 38 countries, including many E.U. states, do not need visas to travel to the United States. But the new measure bars citizens of those countries who are also dual nationals of Iran, Iraq, Syria and Sudan from participating in the program. Those who have travelled to those four countries since 2011 also cannot participate, according to some interpretations. Secretary of State John Kerry, however, noted that the Obama administration can waive the visa requirements, among other things, so as not to “interfere with the legitimate business interest of Iran.”

http://iranprimer.usip.org/blog/2015/dec/21/us-iran-differ-visa-waiver-law

http://thefederalistpapers.org/us/the-past-six-presidents-used-executive-power-to-bar-some-class-of-immigrants

• Like 1

Republican Sens. John McCain of Arizona and Lindsey Graham of South Carolina broke the GOP silence on Capitol Hill on Sunday to issue a scathing condemnation of President Donald Trump's ban on travel to the United States from seven Muslim-majority countries.

"We fear this executive order will become a self-inflicted wound in the fight against terrorism," McCain and Graham said in a joint statement, adding that Trump's executive order "may do more to help terrorist recruitment than improve our security."

Trump responded, tweeting: "The joint statement of former presidential candidates John McCain & Lindsey Graham is wrong - they are sadly weak on immigration. The two ... Senators should focus their energies on ISIS, illegal immigration and border security instead of always looking to start World War III."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/trump-travel-ban-congress-reaction/

Has there ever been a president so at odds with his own professed party?

They bring up legitimate questions and all he can do is take cheap shots.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

On 1/28/2017 at 8:15 AM, Claire. said:

As for Christians being targeted in Syria, no one is disputing that. But to give one religion priority over another is shameful.

When is the last time you have seen " Christians " call for a war/death against / on " non-believers ", and follow through with " terrorist " ( religious ) attacks?

It is not shameful, it is the truth that many do not want to admit.

Edited by Sakari
  • Like 4

16 minutes ago, Sakari said:

When is the last time you have seen " Christians " call for a war/death against / on " non-believers ", and follow through with " terrorist " ( religious ) attacks?

It is indeed shameful, because the TRUTH of it is that not all Muslims call for the death of non-believers and many Muslims in Syria are suffering just as many Christians are. We must not lose site of that. As for Christians, some of them can indeed be real jerks too. Christian aid groups in places like Sudan are known to refuse meals unless the person in need of them recites a Christian prayer. So tell me, what's a hungry Muslim to do in that situation?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Claire. said:

It is indeed shameful, because the TRUTH of it is that not all Muslims call for the death of non-believers and many Muslims in Syria are suffering just as many Christians are. We must not lose site of that. As for Christians, some of them can indeed be real jerks too. Christian aid groups in places like Sudan are known to refuse meals unless the person in need of them recites a Christian prayer. So tell me, what's a hungry Muslim to do in that situation?

I highly doubt that last comment.. Possibly more anti Christian propaganda.

• Like 2

Its a good thing President Trump said he would have extreme vetting on people coming into our country from these countries.  Some might be attained for a while, but that what's going to keep our country safe. and its not only Muslims.    

Edited by docyabut2

58 minutes ago, aztek said:

yea, so?  she build and runs business, yes  they are made in china, so what?

Quote from DT`s inaugural speech: "We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and Hire American." Lip service and/or "we" does not apply to the proclaimer and his circles?

last decades regulations, taxes, made it more profitable, and less pita, to make stuff overseas, that is what her father claims to change, 

Yes of course its all about profit and if you think that T. can manage the US salaries in goods production to be competitive to asian salaries you are naive. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SNR said:

I highly doubt that last comment.. Possibly more anti Christian propaganda.

That last comment is true. My father did several stints with Doctors Without Borders many years ago when he was still in med school and witnessed it first hand. It still happens and continues to be reported by MSF, as well as various NGOs.

• Like 3

Just now, toast said:

Quote from DT`s inaugural speech: "We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and Hire American." Lip service and/or "we" does not apply to the proclaimer and his circles?

Yes of course its all about profit and if you think that T. can manage the US salaries in goods production to be competitive to asian salaries you are naive. 

again, SO????  i do not see your point at all. 

you are naive if you think you know what is really gonna happen, lol

• Like 1

Its a good thing President Trump said he would have extreme vetting on people coming into our country from these countries.  Some might be attained for a while, but that what's going to keep our country safe, and its not only the  Muslims that are being vetted .

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

Just now, aztek said:

i do not see your point at all.

Yeah thats quite obvious.

you are naive if you think you know what is really gonna happen, lol

I provided real facts about what happen but you dont care about. Well, thats not my problem, dream on.

• Like 1

Just now, toast said:

Yeah thats quite obvious.

I provided real facts about what happen but you dont care about. Well, thats not my problem, dream on.

lol, facts? of what?    yea, i heard that a lot during election. lol

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, facts? of what?    yea, i heard that a lot during election. lol

Remember that during the impeachment.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Its a good thing President Trump said he would have extreme vetting on people coming into our country from these countries.  Some might be attained for a while, but that what's going to keep our country safe, and its not only the  Muslims that are being vetted .

We already have extreme vetting. Our problem is that our databases aren't up to snuff information-wise. Unless our intelligence people and those whom we work with around the world get the information we need, terrorists could continue to slip through no matter how rigorously they have been vetted. If they are on no one's radar or have not made a ripple somewhere, we will never know if they are a potential threat.

Edited by Claire.
Added a missed word.
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, facts? of what?  

See my posts you hv responded to.

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Obama had a ban on all Iraqis'  coming into our country for six months.  I don't see the difference.  

He also expanded the dreaded and treasonous Bush Patriot Act. MSM was pretty silent on it.

Well, well. So Trump has instituted a travel ban on the countries of Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen.

You know, there's a former president who cited several countries as security risks. Which ones, you ask? Iraq, Syria, Iran, Sudan, Libya, Somalia and Yemen. I'll let you guess which former president it was.

A Muslim ban, eh? So why not also ban travel from the dozens of other majority Muslim countries around the world? 

Because it's not a Muslim ban, that's why. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sakari said:

Bosnia. In the '90s Christians massacred Muslims. 

I leave in Southeast Michigan just north of Detroit which was the 3rd most popular area for Bosnian refugees to settle in the U.S. I grew up with their kids and call many of them my friends. I've heard the horror stories of their escapes from the area, the fires, the bombs, the gunfire, the murders, the rapes, and so on. My ex-girlfriend would wake up in the middle of the night crying from the nightmares caused by seeing family members killed right in front of her.

I could care less what someones religion is, they are people and as people they deserve the help they need.

What's shameful is that they would deny refugees safety. People are to afraid or to stupid to do what's right for our fellow humans.  The leaders of this country have become nothing but cowards.

“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed, to me:
I lift my lamp beside the golden door.”

― Emma Lazarus

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, Odin11 said:

Bosnia. In the '90s Christians massacred Muslims. 

I leave in Southeast Michigan just north of Detroit which was the 3rd most popular area for Bosnian refugees to settle in the U.S. I grew up with their kids and call many of them my friends. I've heard the horror stories of their escapes from the area, the fires, the bombs, the gunfire, the murders, the rapes, and so on. My ex-girlfriend would wake up in the middle of the night crying from the nightmares caused by seeing family members killed right in front of her.

I could care less what someones religion is, they are people and as people they deserve the help they need.

What's shameful is that they would deny refugees safety. People are to afraid or to stupid to do what's right for our fellow humans.  The leaders of this country have become nothing but cowards.

It was `nt  the  Christians people that killed the Muslims  people in Bosnian,   but  it was the Bosnian president who had parents that killed them selves and he did to, and his nation   

Edited by docyabut2

2 hours ago, SNR said:

I was pointing out how one sided you was. When looking through a certain filter for so long I think you become unaware how narrow minded you have become. 

Maybe deporting illegals who are bad and stopping bad illegals from entering is a good move.

I'll readily admit to being narrow minded on constitutional rights (I irritate anti abortionists and anti gun people with equal measure) and the Environment ( where oddly enough I manage to p*** off both the left and right again).

I dont see how admitting my society and Government readily turn a blind eye to violations of the law within it's borders to get cheaper industrial ag junk simply because "they're illegals' is being narrow minded.

I have stated before I am not opposed to securing our borders and deporting illegal immigrants. But to do so without meaningful policy changes on immigration regulations and other things we do which contribute to keeping the economies of their home countries in shambles leads only to an increase in profitably ferrying them back in for the Cartels.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jarocal said:

I'll readily admit to being narrow minded on constitutional rights (I irritate anti abortionists and anti gun people with equal measure) and the Environment ( where oddly enough I manage to p*** off both the left and right again).

I dont see how admitting my society and Government readily turn a blind eye to violations of the law within it's borders to get cheaper industrial ag junk simply because "they're illegals' is being narrow minded.

I have stated before I am not opposed to securing our borders and deporting illegal immigrants. But to do so without meaningful policy changes on immigration regulations and other things we do which contribute to keeping the economies of their home countries in shambles leads only to an increase in profitably ferrying them back in for the Cartels.

Well there are cartels living in our country , billionaires  who profit off the people`s suffering.:(  that's what trump wants to get rid of, and are really killing our children with the drugs

Edited by docyabut2

On 1/29/2017 at 0:59 AM, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Malala is twice the man Trump could ever be. 

You do know she took a bullet to the head from ISIS because she stood up for the rights of her peers? She is an amazing girl. The world could use more people like her. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, psyche101 said:

Malala is twice the man Trump could ever be. 

You do know she took a bullet to the head from ISIS because she stood up for the rights of her peers? She is an amazing girl. The world could use more people like her. 

She is a jerk:)

• Like 1

You know, It's not the idea of increased vetting or preventing people who might be terrorists from coming over that makes me think this whole thing is a joke.  It's the implementation.  Detaining 5yr olds, military interpreters, people with green cards, etc. and disrupting their lives because he couldn't be bothered to give notice before they scheduled their flights.  That's the big joke. 

What's even scarier is what is going to happen with the Obamacare repeal.   Is it going to be a big disaster of a joke like this?  Is Trump going to care less about the people that "temporarily" gets their lives ruined?

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked