Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

11 minutes ago, aztek said:

ok, you got a point here, they will be vetted before muslims

yeah and those 7 Nations that happen to be Muslim are listed as terrorist nations so what's the banns on them? extreme vetting? moratoriums,what's that?

1 minute ago, SNR said:

Every non Muslim soul on Earth is vulnerable as long as these vile cowards are spreading the word of radical Islam. Unfortunately it's too late now, we've let them over run us. We are in the minority now. The time to end this mindless violence was at the beginning.

lol, that is optimistic.

yes we can still do it, wont be as easy as if we started before. 

they're protesting whatever it is. President Trump isn't going to stop. He never stops . He'll fix everything for us, real nice.

9 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

Oh, simple as that right? Not.

It seems like Obama's HLS & President Trump's HLS differ. Obama's did a lot of negligence,deliberate possibly.

Trump is President now not Obama or anyone else and we have to judge his policies and effects created by them now, not any one's of the past! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

they're protesting whatever it is. President Trump isn't going to stop. He never stops . He'll fix everything for us, real nice.

Precisely because the problem is one of temperament and character, it will not get better. It will get worse, as power intoxicates Trump and those around him. It will probably end in calamity—substantial domestic protest and violence, a breakdown of international economic relationships, the collapse of major alliances, or perhaps one or more new wars (even with China) on top of the ones we already have.

It will not be surprising in the slightest if his term ends not in four or in eight years, but sooner, with impeachment or removal under the 25th Amendment. The sooner Americans get used to these likelihoods, the better.

--ELIOT A. COHEN is the director of the Strategic Studies Program at the Johns Hopkins University School of Advanced International Studies. From 2007 to 2009, he served as counselor to Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. He is the author of The Big Stick: The Limits of Soft Power and the Necessity of Military Force

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/01/a-clarifying-moment-in-american-history/514868/?utm_source=hpfb

3 Ways to Get Rid of President Trump Before 2020

Why you need to read the 25th Amendment now.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30/3-ways-to-get-rid-of-president-trump-before-2020-impeach-25th-amendment-coup/

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, White Unicorn said:

Trump is President now not Obama or anyone else and we have to judge his policies and effects created by them now, not any one's of the past! 

No doubt about that. just reminding you in case you forgot, even though he's our President now, because of Obama's negligence President Trump has to do these things.

I don't have much time (I have a class in a little while). ISIS and Al Qaeda, while certainly not the same organization, do both embrace the belief of Extreme Islamic Jihadism. This particular belief set is what I was referring to when I said KSM gave us information into this 'mind set' and how they desire to destroy western culture by various and sundry means.

Within recent years there has been some 'meeting of the minds' between these two organizations though: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/isis-and-al-qaeda-leaders-reach-accord-in-syria-sources-tell-ap/

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

lol, that is optimistic.

yes we can still do it, wont be as easy as if we started before. 

But how can you have hope when everyone downplays everything. The mainstream media has done a pretty good job of keeping most of this from us. It's everywhere all around us yet all we constantly get is how racist the white man is.

On RT just yesterday a black man was on there saying he had experienced racism because a security guard was following him in Tesco's??? 

This is how it is now in the UK.. If you're non white you're a victim of racism even when there's probably an alternative reason, but no white Christain is ever a victim, ever.

1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

No doubt about that. just reminding you in case you forgot, even though he's our President now, because of Obama's negligence President Trump has to do these things.

He could do them a lot better.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SNR said:

But how can you have hope when everyone downplays everything.

i just ignore those, or downplay their relevance. this race card b.s. is getting less and less popular,  at least here, it will change in time,

Edited by aztek
  • Like 2

As for 'getting rid of Trump'...the result will be 'getting Pence'. And I suspect the Democrats and the left are not going to like him much better.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I don't have much time (I have a class in a little while). ISIS and Al Qaeda, while certainly not the same organization, do both embrace the belief of Extreme Islamic Jihadism. This particular belief set is what I was referring to when I said KSM gave us information into this 'mind set' and how they desire to destroy western culture by various and sundry means.

Within recent years there has been some 'meeting of the minds' between these two organizations though: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/isis-and-al-qaeda-leaders-reach-accord-in-syria-sources-tell-ap/

they are same radical Muslims who want everyone even some groups of other Muslims dead,  that is same for taliban, aq, isis... the bottom line is same for all,  kill infidels\noneblievers

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lilly said:

As for 'getting rid of Trump'...the result will be 'getting Pence'. And I suspect the Democrats and the left are not going to like him much better.

They won't like anyone much better that doesn't push their own asinine ideology and would dare to think of the best interests of this country.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Thorvir said:

They won't like anyone much better that doesn't push their own asinine ideology and would dare to think of the best interests of this country.

It would be great if we got a chance to find out if that sentiment were true or not :D

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

For the overall good of our country and the world Pence is better than Trump.

In these dark days, some around the globe are finding solace in the 25th Amendment to the Constitution. This previously obscure amendment states that “the Vice President and a majority of … the principal officers of the executive departments” can declare the president “unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office,” in which case “the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.”

This is option three for getting rid of Trump: an appeal to Vice President Mike Pence’s ambitions. Surely Pence wants to be president himself one day, right? Pence isn’t exactly a political moderate — he’s been unremittingly hostile to gay rights, he’s a climate change skeptic, etc. — but, unappealing as his politics may be to many Americans, he does not appear to actually be insane. (This is the new threshold for plausibility in American politics: “not actually insane.”)

Presumably, Pence is sane enough to oppose rash acts involving, say, the evisceration of all U.S. military alliances, or America’s first use of nuclear weapons — and presumably, if things got bad enough, other Trump cabinet members might also be inclined to oust their boss and replace him with his vice president. Congress would have to acquiesce in a permanent 25th Amendment removal, but if Pence and half the cabinet declared Trump unfit, even a Republican-controlled Congress would likely fall in line.

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/01/30/3-ways-to-get-rid-of-president-trump-before-2020-impeach-25th-amendment-coup/

4 minutes ago, aztek said:

they are same radical Muslims who want everyone even some groups of other Muslims dead,  that is same for taliban, aq, isis... the bottom line is same for all,  kill infidels\noneblievers

Well I'm proud to be an infidel/non believer and I'll chuck in deplorable because I can and I am

• Like 1

In my opinion refusing refugees based on religion puts you on the wrong side of history.  The USA banned accepting Jewish refugees from Europe prior to WWII based on the belief that they would never assimilate with our culture, a belief that was demonstrably incorrect.  Quite the opposite actually occurred Jewish immigrants and their descendants have immeasurably enriched our culture and millions died that may have been saved had we implemented a  more compassionate policy.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Your link is from 2014. Nothing came out of that meeting. By the next year they were at odds again. 

In recent months, the two groups have engaged in a propaganda battle, each assailing the other over strategic and doctrinal differences. Al-Qaeda and its affiliates recently lashed out at ISIS for targeting Muslims. In a video released in the name of al-Qaeda branches in North Africa and the Arabian Peninsula that surfaced before the Paris attacks, the militants accused ISIS of “deviation and misguidance.”

On the other side of the divide, ISIS accuses al-Qaeda of lacking purity when the group forms alliances with local forces and insurgent groups in Yemen, Afghanistan, Syria and elsewhere. The most recent edition of an online ISIS publication calledDabiq, written in English and released following the Paris attacks, includes an entire article critiquing al-Qaeda for allegedly forming alliances with former agents of the Yemeni government.

http://time.com/4124810/isis-al-qaeda-rivalry-terror-attacks-mali-paris/

1 minute ago, OverSword said:

In my opinion refusing refugees based on religion puts you on the wrong side of history.  The USA banned accepting Jewish refugees from Europe prior to WWII based on the belief that they would never assimilate with our culture, a belief that was demonstrably incorrect.  Quite the opposite actually occurred Jewish immigrants and their descendants have immeasurably enriched our culture and millions died that may have been saved had we implemented a  more compassionate policy.

But the difference was that Jews knew we were there to help and I can't find anything on Jews beheading American Christians and trying to eliminate our way of life 

• Like 2

A broad coalition of Christian leaders and evangelical groups spoke out against President Donald Trump’s move to rein in immigration from certain majority-Muslim nations, an outcry that risks undercutting the White House’s case for an executive order under siege from protesters and Democrats.

In a letter to Trump and Vice President Mike Pence obtained by POLITICO, the Christian groups implored the two leaders to reverse course on the refugee ban in particular – one of several prongs in Trump’s far-reaching executive order issued late Friday that has triggered international mayhem, especially at airports.

The signers include the Accord Network, Council for Christian Colleges and Universities, Korean Churches for Community Development, the National Association of Evangelicals, the National Hispanic Christian Leadership Conference, the Wesleyan Church, World Relief and World Vision.

Cardinal Blase Cupich, the archbishop of Chicago, said Sunday that the "weekend proved to be a dark moment in U.S. history."

"These actions give aid and comfort to those who would destroy our way of life,” Cupich wrote in a Sunday statement. "They lower our estimation in the eyes of the many peoples who want to know America as a defender of human rights and religious liberty, not a nation that targets religious populations and then shuts its doors on them."

Bishop Joe Vasquez of Austin, Texas, the migration committee chairman of the U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops, said in a statement released the same day Trump signed the order that "we strongly disagree" with its major restrictions on refugee admissions.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/01/trump-immigration-christians-234341?utm_source=huffingtonpost.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OverSword said:

actually not all of them, they live in their communities, follow their traditions, have their own police,  visit boro park in Brooklyn, and wiliamsburg, you'll think you are in Israel. but that is doe snot matter much because they do not want to change anyone else traditions, culture to fit their own.

• Like 2

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked