Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

8 hours ago, Yamato said:

Trump's E.O.s

giphy.gif

Oh, that poor kid... :unsure2:

• Like 2

Trump administration files notice it will appeal ruling against second version of travel ban.

The Trump administration filed court papers Friday hoping to salvage its second version of a travel ban, after two judges in separate cases this week found it likely violated the Constitution. The Justice Department filed legal papers in federal court in Maryland, setting up a new showdown in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 4th Circuit, located in Richmond.

Earlier this week, federal judges in Hawaii and Maryland issued orders against the travel ban, finding it violated the First Amendment by disfavoring a particular religion. If the Justice Department had appealed the Hawaii order, the case would have gone to the same San Francisco-based appeals court that rejected an earlier version of the travel ban.

Read more: The Washington Post

7 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

Australian Teacher Quits After Islamic Students Threaten to Behead Her

https://heatst.com/life/australian-teacher-quits-after-islamic-students-threaten-to-behead-her/

LMAO.

It's kind of like watching MARS ATTACKS....except the deaths are real... the idiocy of the Left is truly profound.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Astra. said:

Oh, that poor kid... :unsure2:

[Learning how to " COAST ! " it was a big step to little tykes] That was done to us when we were kids, for some reason, no matter how many times you hear now put your feet down, OR THIS IS THE BRAKE handle it stops you now at the bottom HIT THE BRAKES! my little sis has a chiin scare from plowiing into my father's Table saw at the other end of the shop! OTHER END, she actually MISSED the cars, right between them all (guests there) , RIGHT THROUGH THE SHOP AND ALL THE TABLES AND CRAP! (we've no idea how she made it to the other side)  then plowed right into the only thing there on that WHOLE SIDE OF THE SHOP, yep the only thing there and she hit it DEAD CENTER ! , not in a million years, but hit happened.

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

I blame the mom for that gif.  There's a steep hill with a wall at the bottom, the poor kid's on a toy trike which I doubt even has brakes.  His legs were spread out and he had the right idea to create friction with his feet but he was going too fast, probably faster than that toy was ever intended to go.  If he planted his feet he'd have fallen off; there's no way a kid that small could slow down on that slope.  The best thing he could have done was started to steer a little at the top of the hill, but mom also left an obstacle in the yard, and he trusted his mom not to hurt him.   Looks like he probably hit his head on the fence on impact.   There's so much metaphor/allegory to Trump's E.O. in all that, I just couldn't resist.   :)

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yamato said:

I blame the mom for that gif.  There's a steep hill with a wall at the bottom, the poor kid's on a toy trike which I doubt even has brakes.  His legs were spread out and he had the right idea to create friction with his feet but he was going too fast, probably faster than that toy was ever intended to go.  If he planted his feet he'd have fallen off; there's no way a kid that small could slow down on that slope.  The best thing he could have done was started to steer a little at the top of the hill, but mom also left an obstacle in the yard, and he trusted his mom not to hurt him.   Looks like he probably hit his head on the fence on impact.   There's so much metaphor/allegory to Trump's E.O. in all that, I just couldn't resist.   :)

Yeah..I knew what you meant with the gif. It was actually very funny. But I still felt sorry for that kid and hope he was ok..and yep..I blame the silly mother too ^_^

:lol: 

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 10:35 PM, Agent0range said:

Fact:  More toddlers with guns have killed more people in the United States than citizens from these 6 countries in the past however many decades you want to cite.  How's that for a threat?

lol, you can be sure, that toddlers with guns would be detained at the airports\border crossings as well.

• Like 2

Feds ask Hawaii judge to narrow Trump travel ban injunction.
Justice Department wants OK to proceed with refugee halt, lower refugee cap and policy reviews

The Trump administration is asking a federal judge in Hawaii to narrow the temporary restraining order he issued Wednesday blocking key parts of President Donald Trump's revised travel ban directive.

The Justice Department filed a motion Friday with U.S. District Court Judge Derrick Watson arguing that the TRO should have been more focused so it affected only Trump's attempt to halt issuance of visas in six majority-Muslim countries. Instead, the judge's wording swept in several other aspects of Trump's order, including a suspension of refugee admissions from around the globe, a lowering of the cap on refugees for the current fiscal year as well as a series of studies Trump ordered of existing vetting procedures.

The Trump administration argued that Watson's finding that Trump's order targeted Muslims on the basis of their religion can only logically apply to the six-country visa suspension and not to the other provisions of the directive.

Read more: POLITICO

On 3/16/2017 at 10:35 PM, Agent0range said:

Fact:  More toddlers with guns have killed more people in the United States than citizens from these 6 countries in the past however many decades you want to cite.  How's that for a threat?

Fact, more ice cream is consumed in the summer.  More pregnancies occur in summer, so pregnancy may be caused by ice cream.  My statement is as germane to the issue as is your's.  The reasons for the enhanced vetting for those countries has been given, over and over.  If you don't agree that's too bad.  Our problem is judicial over reach and Trump should begin sacking judges or demanding his eo's be enforced by whatever means necessary.  We need a "Constitutional Crisis" to set things aright.  The judiciary is a coEQUAL branch, not the last word on all things.  They can be over ruled by the executive - ask FDR's historian.

• Like 2

9th Circuit judges in nasty feud over Trump travel ban
Jurists trade charges and counter-charges over ruling that kept block on executive order.

President Donald Trump's travel ban has triggered an unusually caustic public spat among the judges of the federal appeals court that first took up the issue. The disagreement began to play out publicly Wednesday when five 9th Circuit Court of Appeals judges publicly recorded their disagreement with a decision three of their colleagues issued last month refusing to allow Trump to reinstate the first version of his travel ban executive order.

The fight escalated dramatically on Friday with the five Republican-appointed judges filing another withering attack on the earlier opinion and two liberal judges accusing their conservative colleagues of trying to make an end-run around the traditional judicial process. In the new opinion, Judge Alex Kozinski blasted the earlier ruling for essentially ignoring the fact that most of those affected by Trump's initial travel ban have no constitutional rights.

Read more: POLITICO

The Hawaii federal judge has turned down the Justice Department's request to narrow the injunction.

"The Motion ... asks the Court to make a distinction that the Federal Defendants' previous briefs and arguments never did," Watson wrote in his new order. "As important, there is nothing unclear about the scope of the Court's order....("Defendants...are hereby enjoined from enforcing or implementing Sections 2 and 6 of the Executive Order across the Nation."). The Federal Defendants' Motion is DENIED."

Source: POLITICO

• Like 1

On 3/16/2017 at 7:52 PM, Agent0range said:

Drop the partisan crap for one minute.  When you sign an executive order banning citizens from countries that are responsible for zero deaths on American soil in 40 some years in the same week you make it legal to allow people with mental illnesses to purchase guns, do you really have the safety of Americans in mind?  Or is it just playing into the racism and hate of your fan base?  And no, I'm not saying all Trump supporters are racists...but all racists are..well, you get the point.

If you want to drop the "partisan crap", I'm all for that!

So.... what about the 19 similar edicts from Obama?

Previous Presidents have done the same thing, but since you guys want to resist Trump in all things at all times because it is Trump and the media tells you to, its all justified? 

As I see it, the Left is far more racist than the Right. The left can and often does attack Minorities for being Minority if they are also Right-Wingers, calling them "race-traitors" and other vile crap. It is as if you people think that skin color must determine political thoughts and ideas.

It is sickening, on a personal level, for me, and it needs to end.  Instead, I only see it getting worse, and I can show you dozens of YouTube clips a day until you conceed the point. 

And more to the point; it is a lie to say that no new refugees have gone Jihad. Remember that Somali fellow that ramed hsi car into a crowd at that university and then ran around stabbing people until a Cop shot him down? 

Call me crazy, but I think that the right of American Citizens to remain alive is more important than the right of foreigners that can't be vetted to enter the US at will. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

<insert facepalm here>

Idiots.

Infowars? I agree.

On 18/03/2017 at 0:07 AM, Sweetpumper said:

Australian Teacher Quits After Islamic Students Threaten to Behead Her

https://heatst.com/life/australian-teacher-quits-after-islamic-students-threaten-to-behead-her/

LMAO.

Yes, because people leaving their jobs out of fear is ****ing hilarious.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Seven stories that cite the same source (or no source at all). No thanks. I'll look for the story from a real news agency.

Hopefully, someone you love will be able to tell you the truth, from personal experience.  Apparently, that's the only thing that would ever cause people like you to admit you are wrong.  Have you ever wondered (rhetorical, since Leftists don't do such things) why these kinds of things aren't reported in the southeastern US?  Because people down here would shoot their evil asses to DEATH right on the spot.  If they didn't happen to have a firearm, they'd beat them to death.  People who support these evil b******* need to experience the love that they're so happy to give.

4 hours ago, and then said:

Hopefully, someone you love will be able to tell you the truth, from personal experience.  Apparently, that's the only thing that would ever cause people like you to admit you are wrong.  Have you ever wondered (rhetorical, since Leftists don't do such things) why these kinds of things aren't reported in the southeastern US?  Because people down here would shoot their evil asses to DEATH right on the spot.  If they didn't happen to have a firearm, they'd beat them to death.  People who support these evil b******* need to experience the love that they're so happy to give.

What, hopefully someone I know and love will get accosted  to get people, "like me", to admit I'm wrong? Is that what you're saying to me?!

That, and; "It DON'T happen HERE 'cause we'd SHOOT them or BEAT them to DEATH"

Nice debate tactic there.

Edited by Likely Guy

1 hour ago, Likely Guy said:

What, hopefully someone I know and love will get accosted  to get people, "like me", to admit I'm wrong? Is that what you're saying to me?!

That, and; "It DON'T happen HERE 'cause we'd SHOOT them or BEAT them to DEATH"

Nice debate tactic there.

It isn't a debate tactic.  It's a call out of someone who lives in podunk, separated from any potential threat while pontificating on world events that are clearly out of control and making the case that there is no problem. That is EXACTLY what I'm saying to you!  And you can cast all the aspersions you like on me and the people down here but you by God never will do it face to face.  *Snip*

7 minutes ago, and then said:

It isn't a debate tactic.  It's a call out of someone who lives in podunk, separated from any potential threat while pontificating on world events that are clearly out of control and making the case that there is no problem. That is EXACTLY what I'm saying to you!  And you can cast all the aspersions you like on me and the people down here but you by God never will do it face to face.  Disgusting.

And you live in the proverbial hotbed of the World's terrorist activity?

The 'aspersions' that I've supposedly cast, I'm curious about those. Please remind me.

What I said was, "Seven stories that cite the same source (or no source at all). No thanks. I'll look for the story from a real news agency.", (which had nothing to do with you or the people 'down there') and now you have a mad on with me?

• Like 2

I'm keeping a very close eye on this discussion as several remarks have bordered on unacceptable. 

It's time to calm down or step away from the keyboard for a bit.

• Like 2