Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

22 minutes ago, and then said:

It isn't a debate tactic.  It's a call out of someone who lives in podunk, separated from any potential threat while pontificating on world events that are clearly out of control and making the case that there is no problem. That is EXACTLY what I'm saying to you!  And you can cast all the aspersions you like on me and the people down here but you by God never will do it face to face.  *Snip*

Aren't you in the country-lands of Alabama?    You can pontificate from way out yonder, so long as you're making a case that it is a problem?    Oh you're just joking.

Canada is taking the Syrian refugees bro.  And we're not building a wall on the US-Canada border.   acidhead says "lol" so he's not worried about Syrian refugees.  So why should I?    You think the Syrians are going to attack your Ford Focus, specifically?

If a Syrian refugee does something terrible, it'll be for the same reason it's been since the day this "war on terror" began.  Pick your date, it's so easy to know what's causing this problem and just fixing it.    Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care.  

16 hours ago, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, because people leaving their jobs out of fear is ****ing hilarious.

Yeah, 'cause that's the point.

Edited by Sweetpumper
  • Like 1

Almost half of Canadians believe that migrants who are illegally crossing into Canada from the USA should be deported, according to a Reuters Ipsos opinion poll.

48% of the 1,001 people polled said they supported "increasing the deportation of people living in Canada illegally", while 41% think that illegal migrants will make Canada "less safe."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/almost-half-canadians-want-illegal-134734239.html

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Yamato said:

If a Syrian refugee does something terrible, it'll be for the same reason it's been since the day this "war on terror" began.  Pick your date, it's so easy to know what's causing this problem and just fixing it.    Nobody seems to notice, nobody seems to care.  

You want to clarify that remark?

It sounds as if you are saying that terrorism is justified, just so long as it is against Americans. 

• Like 1

Just now, AnchorSteam said:

You want to clarify that remark?

It sounds as if you are saying that terrorism is justified, just so long as it is against Americans. 

The difference between motivation and justification, something hard boiled neocons haven't understood for 16 years.

Just now, Yamato said:

The difference between motivation and justification, something hard boiled neocons haven't understood for 16 years.

Since 9/11, you mean?

How was that motivated? 

Because the way I see it, Osama was trying to draw the US into a war in the Muddle East for his own insane reasons. That is why he had the only good leader of the  opposition in Afghanistan assassinated the day before. He found 20 sick psychotic a-holes to do it for him.... one of which chickened out at the last minute.

If we don't care why some berr-bellied schmuck drives his pickup truck into a MacDonald's and jumps out with an ax to kill everyone in sight ... why must we engage in all this navel-gazing when it comes to the same kind of freaks just because they shout "Allahu-Akbar" right before they pull the trigger?

I'd like you to tell me why one religious fanatic is so much more important and sympathetic than another.

Or maybe not, the whole concept is pretty sickening to me. 

6 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

Since 9/11, you mean?

How was that motivated? 

Because the way I see it, Osama was trying to draw the US into a war in the Muddle East for his own insane reasons. That is why he had the only good leader of the  opposition in Afghanistan assassinated the day before. He found 20 sick psychotic a-holes to do it for him.... one of which chickened out at the last minute.

If we don't care why some berr-bellied schmuck drives his pickup truck into a MacDonald's and jumps out with an ax to kill everyone in sight ... why must we engage in all this navel-gazing when it comes to the same kind of freaks just because they shout "Allahu-Akbar" right before they pull the trigger?

I'd like you to tell me why one religious fanatic is so much more important and sympathetic than another.

Or maybe not, the whole concept is pretty sickening to me. 

The Muddle East, totally Freudian.  Love it!

There's been numerous scholarly books written about the motivations of 9/11 or since you're referencing Osama bin Laden himself, just read the transcripts of what he said when he declared war on us in the 90s.

1 minute ago, Yamato said:

The Muddle East, totally Freudian.  Love it!

Thanks but after the time I spent there, it isn't a slip. It is exactly how I see it.

1 minute ago, Yamato said:

There's been numerous scholarly books written about the motivations of 9/11 or since you're referencing Osama bin Laden himself, just read the transcripts of what he said when he declared war on us in the 90s.

I aske YOU, I know what Osama said already. 

I want to know why you on the Left always have something sympathetic to say about the Jihadists (terror is just a tactic, I call them Jihadists for a reason) and always look for ways to blame the victims. 

Your conduct in that regard makes those monsters 1,000 times as dangerous as they would be otherwise, and encourages them greatly. 

I've decided to stop letting that crap just slide by.

Always. 

On 3/20/2017 at 5:34 PM, Sweetpumper said:

Ah, yes. I'm sure CNN will get right on it.

Shouldn't you be finding more random anti-Muslim stories to doctor up this thread with?     Syrian refugees are going to Canada and we're not building the Derpwall on the Canadian border.   This is a game of causing problems and offering no real solutions like actual border security or gasp, not causing the prob-lems anymore.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AnchorSteam said:

Thanks but after the time I spent there, it isn't a slip. It is exactly how I see it.

I aske YOU, I know what Osama said already. 

I want to know why you on the Left always have something sympathetic to say about the Jihadists (terror is just a tactic, I call them Jihadists for a reason) and always look for ways to blame the victims. 

Your conduct in that regard makes those monsters 1,000 times as dangerous as they would be otherwise, and encourages them greatly. 

I've decided to stop letting that crap just slide by.

Always. 

Don't wrap me up with the Left dude.  I don't have anything to do with that.

My conduct?  Where?  What's your problem with my conduct?   If you think it's the Muddle East you should love my conduct.

42 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Don't wrap me up with the Left dude.  I don't have anything to do with that.

My conduct?  Where?  What's your problem with my conduct?   If you think it's the Muddle East you should love my conduct.

You sure?

:rolleyes:

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this -

If a Syrian refugee does something terrible, it'll be for the same reason it's been since the day this "war on terror" began.  Pick your date, it's so easy to know what's causing this problem and just fixing it.  

But, I guess there is no bottom.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

You sure?

:rolleyes:

I'm trying to get to the bottom of this -

But, I guess there is no bottom.

The bottom is where the principle's at.  If I was bombing you, what would you do?   Nothing, because you're not a Muslim? 

2 minutes ago, Yamato said:

The bottom is where the principle's at.  If I was bombing you, what would you do?   Nothing, because you're not a Muslim? 

We were bombing them to win a frakking WAR, and I was one of the guys doing it.

And I will never apologize, not to you and certainly not to those Jackals or the lying punks that support them. 

Now, by your logic, German Terrorists would be even MORE justified to commit acts of Terror on Americans today, because we dropped far more bombs and killed far more of them during that war. And we were deliberately trying to kill civilians back then, rather than having all these ridiculous rules of engagement that prevent the bombs from even being dropped half the time, no matter how carefully they are aimed.

Terrorists/Guerillas/Jihadis cannot operate alone. The nations backing them have to be covert about it (except Iran, apparently) and so very little gets to the Jihadis. TO operate, they have to have the help of the civilians, and in no way shape or form is that aid always reluctant. In fact their support is widespread and enthusiastic. And even when it isn't, they can always guilt-trip the average muslim with the usual Holier-than-thou routine. 

That approach really works well on a poorly educated population, and you would be hard-pressed to find a less educated peoples than the bulk of the Muddle East. Africa comes to mind, but not like it used to. Africa is doing much better today than it was a decade or two ago. They don't like the image they have today, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, AnchorSteam said:

We were bombing them to win a frakking WAR, and I was one of the guys doing it.

And I will never apologize, not to you and certainly not to those Jackals or the lying punks that support them. 

What war?   The "war on terror"?   That's the bologna war.   Now you're suggesting the exact opposite.  So I have to now question if you even believe yourself.

Now, by your logic, German Terrorists would be even MORE justified to commit acts of Terror on Americans today, because we dropped far more bombs and killed far more of them during that war. And we were deliberately trying to kill civilians back then, rather than having all these ridiculous rules of engagement that prevent the bombs from even being dropped half the time, no matter how carefully they are aimed.

I didn't say a word about justification.  Don't twist my words around again and keep typing like I did.

Terrorists/Guerillas/Jihadis cannot operate alone. The nations backing them have to be covert about it (except Iran, apparently) and so very little gets to the Jihadis. TO operate, they have to have the help of the civilians, and in no way shape or form is that aid always reluctant. In fact their support is widespread and enthusiastic. And even when it isn't, they can always guilt-trip the average muslim with the usual Holier-than-thou routine. 

That approach really works well on a poorly educated population, and you would be hard-pressed to find a less educated peoples than the bulk of the Muddle East. Africa comes to mind, but not like it used to. Africa is doing much better today than it was a decade or two ago. They don't like the image they have today, that's for sure.

Well look out, because the neocons will goad you into their holier than thou routine for average-non-Muslims.    That approach works really well on our less intelligent populations.

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

I didn't say a word about justification.  Don't twist my words around again and keep typing like I did.

Well then, what were you saying?

Motivated, perhaps?

I don't buy that either, they LOST, just like they lose every other wars that Muslims have fought in the Modern era... unless they were fighting other muslims. That really gets them mad, and desperate, but it is a lousy reason for this constant crap they keep trying to throw at the rest of the world.

And if anything, it makes bringing "refugees" from that part of the world to this part a really bad idea. 

23 hours ago, Yamato said:

Aren't you in the country-lands of Alabama?    You can pontificate from way out yonder, so long as you're making a case that it is a problem?    Oh you're just joking.

Canada is taking the Syrian refugees bro.  And we're not building a wall on the US-Canada border.   acidhead says "lol" so he's not worried about Syrian refugees.  So why should I?    You think the Syrians are going to attack your Ford Focus, specifically?

Do you realize that that stream of nonsense you spew has become noise?  Just noise.  At one time I thought of you as an intelligent person, a deep thinker.  Then I really began to try to follow your logic.  I honestly believe there's a diagnosis there.  Anyway, back on ignore, you're not worth the effort.  Dude, you're too bent to even be a troll.  

So what's up with this electronics ban?  The US is banning electronics on flights from Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Morocco, and the UAE.  Meanwhile Britain is doing a similar ban but includes Tunisia and Lebanon, but excludes the UAE, Qatar, Morocco, and Kuwait. 

Sounds like an incoming terrorist attack but the governments seem to have no clue as to where it will start from.  And how is it supposed to work?  If I was a terrorist, I would just get a connecting flight.  Heck, I could go from Kuwait to the UK and then to the US and still have the I-pad. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Well then, what were you saying?

Motivated, perhaps?

I don't buy that either, they LOST, just like they lose every other wars that Muslims have fought in the Modern era... unless they were fighting other muslims. That really gets them mad, and desperate, but it is a lousy reason for this constant crap they keep trying to throw at the rest of the world.

And if anything, it makes bringing "refugees" from that part of the world to this part a really bad idea. 

The difference between motivation and justification yes.  

Don't know who you were bombing yet but you LOST too, just like we LOST every other war that Americans have fought in the Modern era. 

What kind of aircraft were you in btw?  Curious...

We've been bombing Muslims for 25 years, if they were bombing you for 25 years, would you keep trying?   Would avoiding the problem be surrendering to them, giving up, submitting to your enemy, turning pacifist?  Just anti-war hippie like me, maybe?

1 hour ago, and then said:

Do you realize that that stream of nonsense you spew has become noise?  Just noise.  At one time I thought of you as an intelligent person, a deep thinker.  Then I really began to try to follow your logic.  I honestly believe there's a diagnosis there.  Anyway, back on ignore, you're not worth the effort.  Dude, you're too bent to even be a troll.  

This isn't anything about me.   You're doing exactly what you just accused someone else of doing and you just got cold called out for it buddy.   I know it stings, if it does, it should

Oh yeah sure, it's just fine when you do it, so long as you're pontificating that there IS a problem.  You're accusing someone else of doing exactly what you do.   There's only one thing to call that. 

9 hours ago, Gromdor said:

So what's up with this electronics ban?  The US is banning electronics on flights from Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Qatar, Morocco, and the UAE.  Meanwhile Britain is doing a similar ban but includes Tunisia and Lebanon, but excludes the UAE, Qatar, Morocco, and Kuwait. 

Sounds like an incoming terrorist attack but the governments seem to have no clue as to where it will start from.  And how is it supposed to work?  If I was a terrorist, I would just get a connecting flight.  Heck, I could go from Kuwait to the UK and then to the US and still have the I-pad. 

The UK has banned them and I think I heard the UAE has banned them too. They US says there isn't a credible threat but the UK is saying there is.

15 hours ago, Yamato said:

Shouldn't you be finding more random anti-Muslim stories to doctor up this thread with?

Anti-illegal aliens. Get it right.

• Like 2