Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

8 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Yes. Maybe not completely fake (fake news rarely is -- it is based on things exaggerated and leaving out pertinent details).  The main point, which you ignored, is that non-immigrants do these things and don't get the headlines.

But the "non-immigrants" are here legally.    It's the illegal immigrants we want to get rid of.

• Like 4

Just in:

Toronto District School Board, Thursday, March 23, 2017

Director of Education Statement Re: School Trips to U.S

After much consultation and thought, and because at this time, no Executive Order is in place, we have reached the decision that school trips to the U.S. that have already been approved — 24 trips involving approximately 800 students as well as approximately 100 students attending the DECA competition — will be allowed to proceed to ensure that students do not miss out on these opportunities. At the same time, no student or staff trips to the U.S. will be booked until further notice. While already-approved trips are proceeding at this time, it’s important to note that should the Executive Order be fully implemented, resulting in any of our students being excluded from trips across the U.S. border, then the Board has asked me to cancel already-approved trips to the U.S. for the remainder of this school year. In this event, the Board would reimburse students, parents and staff any incurred costs not covered by insurance

Full article

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweetpumper said:

Oh, no!

Maybe they want to avoid getting raped by illegals... 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lemieux said:

How did you miss me posting...

- "and I'll stand corrected(to a degree anyways) as here's some MSM news about the first story, the rape of the 14 year old girl in Maryland"

Here is my whole quote that you took part of to highlight and somehow you missed the first 2 sentences???

Much like with the MSM, posts here that don't align with the pro-immigration agenda are ignored. Facts are racist, Lemieux.

That's actually a great segway to post a video...for anyone needing a rebuttal to the often parroted "peaceful majority" argument.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Much like with the MSM, posts here that don't align with the pro-immigration agenda are ignored. Facts are racist, Lemieux.

not just ignored but deleted as well.

• Like 4

Oh yeah, good ol' Bridgette , she really hits 'em where they live!  :D

There are a couple of others in her league, Ayan Hirsi is one-

Do I even have to ask why western Feminists either ignore or attack such women?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

That's actually a great segway to post a video...for anyone needing a rebuttal to the often parroted "peaceful majority" argument.

She's a pistol, for sure!

I found this article in the New York Times about Syrian refugees in Canada quite interesting. Specifically, how regular citizens (acting as sponsors) have taken on the responsibility of resettling many of them. The year-long commitment sponsors make (both in time and money) is quite significant in scope. Even more impressive is the fact that because so many people applied to sponsor relatives of the first wave of Syrians, the government was able to increase the number of privately sponsored refugees. Also interesting was the case study of the one family and its sponsors..

Other countries, such as Britain, are exploring the Canadian sponsorshp model.

We currently don't allow anyone to sponsor refugees without a family connection. Might be something worth considering.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I found this article in the New York Times about Syrian refugees in Canada quite interesting. Specifically, how regular citizens (acting as sponsors) have taken on the responsibility of resettling many of them. The year-long commitment sponsors make (both in time and money) is quite significant in scope. Even more impressive is the fact that because so many people applied to sponsor relatives of the first wave of Syrians, the government was able to increase the number of privately sponsored refugees. Also interesting was the case study of the one family and its sponsors..

Other countries, such as Britain, are exploring the Canadian sponsorshp model.

We currently don't allow anyone to sponsor refugees without a family connection. Might be something worth considering.

I'd sign up. What a great opportunity to help those in need while showing them the way of life in their new nation. 

• Like 2

Just now, skliss said:

Great! They can all go to Canada! It's a win/win!

Go Merca! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update: Full bench of 4th Circuit to hear Trump travel ban case in May

Richmond-based court will take up feds’ appeal as court in West prepares to hear another.

The full bench of a federal appeals court in Virginia will consider the legality of President Donald Trump’s revised travel ban executive order at an argument session next month, the court announced Monday. The 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals said it will conduct an en banc hearing May 8 in Richmond on the federal government’s appeal of a Maryland-based judge’s ruling blocking Trump’s ban on issuance of visas to citizens of six majority-Muslim countries.

Read more: The Hill

• Like 1

So glad Bashar al Assad doesn't have any terrorists working for him that would want to come over here and attack us in retribution for our illegal attacks on him.  

Why does legality matter on this issue but not that?    Crickets!

• 2 months later...

“Today’s unanimous Supreme Court decision is a clear victory for our national security. It allows the travel suspension for the six terror-prone countries and the refugee suspension to become largely effective,” Trump said in a statement. “As President, I cannot allow people into our country who want to do us harm. I want people who can love the United States and all of its citizens, and who will be hardworking and productive.

In the interim, the court will allow a watered-down version of the ban to go into effect. People with “a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States” will not be subject to the ban. That group includes people coming to visit their family or students coming to study.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-responds-supreme-court-161410054.html

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, aztek said:

“Today’s unanimous Supreme Court decision is a clear victory for our national security. It allows the travel suspension for the six terror-prone countries and the refugee suspension to become largely effective,” Trump said in a statement. “As President, I cannot allow people into our country who want to do us harm. I want people who can love the United States and all of its citizens, and who will be hardworking and productive.

In the interim, the court will allow a watered-down version of the ban to go into effect. People with “a bona fide relationship with a person or entity in the United States” will not be subject to the ban. That group includes people coming to visit their family or students coming to study.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-responds-supreme-court-161410054.html

So basically, it is a ban on people who have no reason to come here?

• Like 2

Just now, Gromdor said:

So basically, it is a ban on people who have no reason to come here?

the ban places limits on travel to the U.S. from certain countries, and by all refugees who do not possess either a visa or valid travel documents

1 hour ago, aztek said:

the ban places limits on travel to the U.S. from certain countries, and by all refugees who do not possess either a visa or valid travel documents

Hmm.  Everyone from those countries has to have a visa or valid travel documents to come here anyways.  The only thing being stopped seems to be tourists.  Do we even have Syrian or Iranian tourists? 

I guess you could spin the ruling into a win if you squint your eyes some and look at it sideways.

• Like 3

Just now, Gromdor said:

Hmm.  Everyone from those countries has to have a visa or valid travel documents to come here anyways. 

not when a flood of tens of thousands of refugees come with fake papers just like they did in Europe. this is  what obama wanted to do  here.

Edited by aztek

2 minutes ago, aztek said:

not when a flood of tens of thousands of refugees come with fake papers just like they did in Europe. this is  what obama wanted to do  here.

Eh, my town is a college town.  We had just over 150 people that would be affected by Trumps ban.  This ruling now affects 0 of them. 

As for tens of thousands of refugees with fake papers....  The Supreme Court said that they were welcome if their papers were valid and since the US is the one that gives them the papers to enter in the first place....... 

• Like 2

If it makes you feel better though, Trump and the executive branch of the government sets the quota and does the actual vetting of the refugees.  Apparently "extreme vetting" means don't interview or vet them at all and then turn them away.  http://www.businessinsider.com/how-many-refugees-admitted-to-us-2017-trump-2017-5

The ones that were previously approved, rushed in of course.