Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

2 hours ago, Gromdor said:

Do we even have Syrian or Iranian tourists? 

The question that would matter is;

Do we have Terrorists trying to get into the country by pretending to be tourists? 

Some other things;

The US dropped 26,000 bombs on those countries in 2016. Yup, under Obama, stepped up from 23,000 in 2015.

Do you think that some of those guys might be looking for a little pay-back? You can't trop bombs and Visas in the same place at the same time... not unless you are trying to import terror.

What the hell is a "bonafide relationship" supposed to be? Can't you lie about something like that?

Well, at least this thing passed. In the final Judgement, US Law protects US Citizens... instead of favoring foreigners over our right to stay alive.

Edited by AnchorSteam
  • Like 1

The bona fide relationship bit specifies for people who have already been hired by a US company, or students who had already been admitted to a university, or someone already invited to US to speak or some similar event. Ruling was very specific about that.

News tweet I saw from blog that follows supreme court actually read "bona dude" which I hope is a typo :lol:

1 hour ago, AnchorSteam said:

Do we have Terrorists trying to get into the country by pretending to be tourists? 

Some other things;

The US dropped 26,000 bombs on those countries in 2016. Yup, under Obama, stepped up from 23,000 in 2015.

Do you think that some of those guys might be looking for a little pay-back? You can't trop bombs and Visas in the same place at the same time... not unless you are trying to import terror.

What the hell is a "bonafide relationship" supposed to be? Can't you lie about something like that?

Well, at least this thing passed. In the final Judgement, US Law protects US Citizens... instead of favoring foreigners over our right to stay alive.

That's my point.  If we don't have Iranian/Syrian tourists, how is a terrorist going to pass himself off as one?  If I was a terrorist, I would just come in as a perfectly legal Saudi or Pakistani tourist,  Though to be honest, the terrorists lately seem to be holding Canadian, French, British, and American citizenships.

And we aren't just dropping bombs.  We are supporting locals on the ground.  Locals who are just finding out that we are willing to give them guns and air support, but forget about taking care of their families.

Bona fide relationship for the 150 or so people here in town apparently means going to school at ISU, teaching/researching at ISU, working at/owning a company based here in Ames, or being married or a kid to the fore mentioned people. 

I'm glad you feel safer, but from my point of view the ruling did nothing but support all 150+ people here in town against Trump's ban.

This guy has a good point... listen to his argument.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Silver Thong said:

When Indonesian Muslims blaming Israel or the US for 9/11 means they're "radicalized".   What a moron.

He's right about assault rifles though.  Whichever Muslim American citizen wants one.

Meanwhile Syrian refugees will keep pouring into Canada.  You must be so scared.

43 minutes ago, Uncle Sam said:

This guy has a good point... listen to his argument.

Denying them a visa is better than bombing them (Stefan's flowery rhetoric clipped for brevity)?   Can someone tell this fruitcake that we are bombing them?

Someone who thinks this ban is discriminatory should also think that Obama's bombing campaigns are discriminatory?   Give that guy a medal.

I think anyone that believes in Sharia law is radicalized. You don`t :blink:

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

I think anyone that believes in Sharia law is radicalized. You don`t :blink:

Post #1936

Now then, figure out what you really think.  Stop having your cake and eating it too.

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

Let those people from Saudi Arabia in, they're cool.

*slap*

Ok maybe I read that wrong maybe I did not , was that sarcasim.

Edited by The Silver Thong
  • Like 1

Just now, The Silver Thong said:

Ok maybe I read that wrong maybe I did not not, was that sarcasim.

The contempt was real.  The slap was real.

Yamato, every day.

condit.gif

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Do we?  If we did, then this travel ban would at least make sense.   And if we did, then evidence should be presented to the American people. 

What the hell is a "bonafide relationship" supposed to be?  

Well, at least this thing passed

At least this thing, that neither one of us know what the hell is, passed?  

No wonder we're $20T in debt.

Just now, hatecraft said:

You can thank Obama for that.  

Just stop. Our nation sucking financially is a bipartisan effort. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Just stop. Our nation sucking financially is a bipartisan effort. 

It really is amazing isn't it? Republicans have a great opportunity right now to cut some serious wasteful spending. And yet it continues. Sure they would get heavy backlash in the media for cutting, well, damn near anything, but so what? It's not like they aren't going to continue the witch hunt no matter what they do. 

• Like 4

Just now, preacherman76 said:

It really is amazing isn't it? Republicans have a great opportunity right now to cut some serious wasteful spending. And yet it continues. Sure they would get heavy backlash in the media for cutting, well, damn near anything, but so what? It's not like they aren't going to continue the witch hunt no matter what they do. 

Yeah, from my perspective the republicans being so beholden to the DOD makes any conversation from them about a balanced budget just null and void. Its great campaign rhetoric but they dont really care either. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

Tourists, doubtful, more likely to infiltrate refugee flows, which ISIS have stated they intend in Europe, since background screening is not possible and one can simply claim documents were lost in the chaos of war and flight, and home conditions too chaotic to investigate properly.  Even in best of times background checks on a person form Syria will be spotty. Imagine investigations when the dept. of records building is a pile of rubble.

31 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah, from my perspective the republicans being so beholden to the DOD makes any conversation from them about a balanced budget just null and void. Its great campaign rhetoric but they dont really care either. 

Endless war is bleeding America dry, literally and figuratively :(

• Like 5

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Too true.

This is why I call them Republicant ... whatever it is, they can be counted on to blow it every time. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

It shouldn't even be good campaign rhetoric after... 20 years ago.   They say it every two years.   They fail every year. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

It's amazing but I was only amazed before and during elections when people actually go for it.   My amazement is completely gone now, never to return.  Before the next election will be the same as before the last election and I'll just go yep, there they go again.

Which drags us to the solutions phase of the problem.  If you can't vote them out...but even the slightest usage of the First amendment making the slightest reference of the Second amendment causes American kool aid sufferers everywhere to violate the Seventh amendment.

And like 17 other things, if Alex Jones says it's okay does not make it okay.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, hatecraft said:

You can thank Obama for that.  

None of Obama's fake adversaries were crying for vetoes.  Not even once in eight years that I can remember.  

They were crying about trivial things that wouldn't change a damn thing where fiscal conservatism is involved.  Politically safe fluffs and nothings that wouldn't carry over and stick to them too.  So we get egregious war crimes in Libya reduced down to how a secretary used emails about "Benghazi" and a movie about "Muslims".   Well played.

I can thank the republican opposition for never offering up anything close to real opposition, just like these basketcase democrats have a cold chance in hell of impeaching their fake enemy Trump.   I can thank we the people, the partisans, particularly.

• Like 1