Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Claire.

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

1,978 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Lilly
6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Yet he really is acting like a typical politician by not including nations that ya know, have actually sent us terrorists. Which of course means he isnt actually keeping his campaign promise he's just playing politics 

The 7 countries were flagged a year ago because they were deemed most likely to produce problems right now and in the future (not the past). I read the boring stuff from that government website (the one linked to earlier) and that was exactly why the 7 countries were flagged last year. The problems of the past did come from other locations but apparently those locations were not deemed as high a risk as the 7 countries cited.  

As for Trump acting like a typical politician, I just don't see it. Basically, he's pretty much has thrown out the book and is reading from another one IMO. I'm not saying it's going to work mind you, just that his approach is certainly different.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Lilly said:

The 7 countries were flagged a year ago because they were deemed most likely to produce problems right now and in the future (not the past). I read the boring stuff from that government website (the one linked to earlier) and that was exactly why the 7 countries were flagged last year. The problems of the past did come from other locations but apparently those locations were not deemed as high a risk as the 7 countries cited.  

I listened to Prebius explain to Chuck Todd why those 7 were chosen and I came away feeling even more like Trump is just another politician. Trump spent dang near 2 years telling us how incompetent the Obama admin was, yet their evaluation of the security situation is what they follow? 

All of that aside though common sense says Saudi Arabia is a barbaric terrorist supporting nation and Pakistan is a terrorist hotbed.  

Trump claims to be different yet when it comes time for actual policy he appears to bow to the same masters as Mrs. Clinton. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
skliss

Again.....I'm thinking that the country they're born in isn't as important as the country they are immigrating from. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly
8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I listened to Prebius explain to Chuck Todd why those 7 were chosen and I came away feeling even more like Trump is just another politician. Trump spent dang near 2 years telling us how incompetent the Obama admin was, yet their evaluation of the security situation is what they follow? 

All of that aside though common sense says Saudi Arabia is a barbaric terrorist supporting nation and Pakistan is a terrorist hotbed.  

Trump claims to be different yet when it comes time for actual policy he appears to bow to the same masters as Mrs. Clinton. 

 

Perhaps those 7 countries really are the highest risk?

As to Saudi Arabia, there is a new King and Trump has been in contact with him. Keep in mind ISIS has placed a death fatwah on the entire Saudi royal family. Pakistan may be giving up intel on their terrorists or something. Hey, somebody squealed as to where 'ole Osama bin Laden had his compound. Like I said, we don't really know why certain countries 'made the list' and others didn't.

Edited by Lilly
typo
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek

Image may contain: 2 people, meme and text

 

 

Edited by aztek
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.

Iraq parliament approves 'reciprocity' to U.S. ban...

Two lawmakers say that the Iraqi parliament has approved a "reciprocity measure" after U.S. President Donald Trump's executive order temporarily banning citizens from Iraq and six other Muslim-majority countries from entering the United States. The measure, adopted by lawmakers at a Monday session of parliament, is to apply to Americans entering Iraq.

Lawmakers Kamil al-Ghrairi and Mohammed Saadoun told The Associated Press that decision is binding for the government. Both say the decision was passed by a majority votes in favor but couldn't offer specific numbers. No further details were available on the wording of the parliament decision. It was also not immediately clear who the ban will apply to — American military personnel, non-government and aid workers, oil companies and other Americans doing business in Iraq. It was also not known if and how the Iraqi measure would affect cooperation in the fight against the Islamic State group in Mosul.

Read more: POLITICO

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
the-Unexpected-Soul

im syrian, i don't care about not allowing Syrian refugees into America,  all Syrian should go back to their country, so i support trump in this

but, they should be allowed in under a renewable work visa or something, cus you should not Effect the people who want to work, and not refugees

 

i also don't accept that trump would try to create safe zones in Syria, its non of his business to make anything in syria unless its through the Syrian government

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly

If Trump wanted to really be 'difficult' he could just call back all American interests in Iraq. I don't think this will happen though.

Also, I've heard some folks saying it's 'unconstitutional' to do what Trump's doing. That's not correct though, the only people who have the constitutional right to enter the United States unfettered are legal citizens.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Careful_perspective

The selective outrage in all of this is just really sad..

Like Acidhead said, bomb the **** out of all these countries under Obama and a few people spoke out. Obama gives over all the information collected by the NSA to the Trump Adminsitration, crickets...but if we prevent some people from coming into the U.S for 120 days, outrage. Obama was just nicer, so people didn't seem to mind as much. 

Edited by Rinna
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
12 hours ago, Claire. said:

That last comment is true. My father did several stints with Doctors Without Borders many years ago when he was still in med school and witnessed it first hand. It still happens and continues to be reported by MSF, as well as various NGOs.

Well at least they don't go round chopping ******* heads off.

Because you say so I have to buy that do I?

I'm beginning to realise where some of these tales start. They start on forums like this and before you know it, it's a headline story on CNN. Enough said 

Edited by SNR
To add last bit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
11 minutes ago, Rinna said:

The selective outrage in all of this is just really sad..

Like Acidhead said, bomb the **** out of all these countries under Obama and a few people spoke out. Obama gives over all the information collected by the NSA to the Trump Adminsitration, crickets...but if we prevent some people from coming into the U.S for 120 days, outrage. Obama was just nicer, so people didn't seem to mind as much. 

So maybe the problem is in the right's actions as it pertains to protesting and not with the left. I mean we all agree people should have been losing their damned minds for the last 8 years and absolutely zero of those issues have changed since January 19th, its just a different figurehead at the front. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
imrunningthismonkeyfarm
12 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Its a good thing President Trump said he would have extreme vetting on people coming into our country from these countries.  Some might be attained for a while, but that what's going to keep our country safe, and its not only the  Muslims that are being vetted .

I'm with you mate. Everyone who disagrees should open their front doors and take them into their own homes if they feel that strongly about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Careful_perspective
1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

So maybe the problem is in the right's actions as it pertains to protesting and not with the left. I mean we all agree people should have been losing their damned minds for the last 8 years and absolutely zero of those issues have changed since January 19th, its just a different figurehead at the front. 

 I will be honest, my thoughts are quiet conflicted. Laugh at me, go ahead. But on one hand I am frustrated how many protestors are reacting to what they are being spoon fed by the media, and with the other hand I am not really all that bothered because I think it's wrong to criticize anyone for having an interest in politics..even if it is slightly misguided. It would be arrogant for me to suppose I know best...wouldn't it? But boy oh boy some of the clueless people they manage to interview at these protests...

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Rinna said:

 I will be honest, my thoughts are quiet conflicted. Laugh at me, go ahead. But on one hand I am frustrated how many protestors are reacting to what they are being spoon fed by the media, and with the other hand I am not really all that bothered because I think it's wrong to criticize anyone for having an interest in politics..even if it is slightly misguided. It would be arrogant for me to suppose I know best...wouldn't it? But boy oh boy some of the clueless people they manage to interview at these protests...

LOL yeah , my politics are all over the place but man I hate it when my opinions line up with these out of touch with reality snowflakes 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Careful_perspective
2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL yeah , my politics are all over the place but man I hate it when my opinions line up with these out of touch with reality snowflakes 

Well if it makes you feel better I usually disagree with 75 percent of what you post here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, SNR said:

I'm with you mate. Everyone who disagrees should open their front doors and take them into their own homes if they feel that strongly about it.

The problem isnt with "extreme vetting" the problem is its already happening and was long before Trump. Somehow Trump, through the power of just his words, has convinced a large percentage of our population that refugees are just strolling in here unchecked and its just not the case. This whole thing is nothing more than divisive showmanship from Trump 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
51 minutes ago, aztek said:

Image may contain: 2 people, meme and text

 

 

Some differences : Did President Obama ‘Ban’ Iraqi Refugees?

While Obama did halt the refugee program, it did not impact green card holders, or anyone with a visa. It also did not affect refugees who had already gone through the vetting process. Trump’s travel ban barred entry to the United States to those groups, causing a chaotic situation for travelers from the seven affected countries and leading to protests at airports across the country.

 

Trump’s order gives preference to religious minority groups, such as Christians, when the admissions resume, according to The New York Times.

Obama didn’t give any preference to religious minority groups, and his action was limited to refugee resettlement

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Careful_perspective
2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

LOL yeah , my politics are all over the place but man I hate it when my opinions line up with these out of touch with reality snowflakes 

Well if it makes you feel better I usually disagree with 75 percent of what you post here. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 minutes ago, Rinna said:

Well if it makes you feel better I usually disagree with 75 percent of what you post here. 

Hey thanks! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella

One of the main criticisms of Donald Trump’s proposed moratorium on Muslim immigration is that it’s unconstitutional. For example, Republican presidential candidate and law graduate Marco Rubio said that the plan “violates the Constitution” earlier this week.

However,

 
What is this " Muslim moratorium "?
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

One of the main criticisms of Donald Trump’s proposed moratorium on Muslim immigration is that it’s unconstitutional. For example, Republican presidential candidate and law graduate Marco Rubio said that the plan “violates the Constitution” earlier this week.

However,

 
What is this " Muslim moratorium "?

What that article didnt discuss and where possible constitutional issues come in is with banning those who already have green cards from being here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella
Just now, Farmer77 said:

What that article didnt discuss and where possible constitutional issues come in is with banning those who already have green cards from being here. 

 

People are not entitled to just come here.And we know there's been under Obama's admin. a major mess up with the green cards hundreds of thousands ...the American Constitution represents this how so, in which way should it be dealt with? in terms of what?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, Ellapennella said:

 

People are not entitled to just come here.And we know there's been under Obama's admin. a major mess up with the green cards hundreds of thousands ...the American Constitution represents this how so, in which way should it be dealt with? in terms of what?

Your Rights as a Permanent Resident

As a permanent resident (green card holder), you have the right to:

  • Live permanently in the United States provided you do not commit any actions that would make you removable under immigration law
  • Work in the United States at any legal work of your qualification and choosing. (Please note that some jobs will be limited to U.S. citizens for security reasons)
  • Be protected by all laws of the United States, your state of residence and local jurisdictions

 

That includes the constitution. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ellapenella

When  all the Christians that Obama deliberately  said / ordered to deny  access to the U.S over Muslims certain people had no problem with it.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
38 minutes ago, Ellapennella said:

When  all the Christians that Obama deliberately  said / ordered to deny  access to the U.S over Muslims certain people had no problem with it.  

 

Quote

FACT CHECK: Trump Tweets On Christians, ISIS And Vetting Miss The Bigger Picture

What's more, if the implication is that the U.S. is not admitting Christian refugees or that the U.S. is making it difficult, that's not true at all. In fact, the number of Christian refugees to the U.S. in 2016 was almost equal to that of Muslim refugees — 37,521 to 38,901, according to the Pew Research Center, which is basing its numbers on figures from the Office of Refugee Resettlement at the Department of Health and Human Services.

http://www.npr.org/2017/01/29/512305163/fact-check-trump-tweets-on-christians-isis-and-vetting-miss-the-bigger-picture

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.