Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Refugees/Citizens of Muslim Countries Barred

Claire.

4 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

:lol: that was a funny show!

Though the star Kevin James was a secondary comedian on it compared to Stiller's "Arthur" ;)

19 hours ago, psyche101 said:

Using the money we are using to build detention centres, investigate better vetting procedures, all the neo con dollars. That could be used to build roads and housing in third world countries, basically similar ideals that led to America, Australia and New Zealand becoming first world countries. The money we spend on immigration would be much better spent on offering skills to people wanting to emigrate, and infrastructure. Places like PNG are begging for skills and population to kick start an economy. 

The old "teach a man to fish" Principle. 

Govt has no skills to offer immigrants, it only has money.  It can welcome immigrants into the education system and pay for their schooling if that's what you mean.  Which will never happen because it would immediately get shot down by real Americans with entitlement complexes wanting free school for themselves.  

We're expected to have near trillion dollar deficits every year and yet we've decided to add another trillion dollar infrastructure project and Donald Trump will claim credit for every single one of those construction jobs created, plus the Wall's.   Even in the worst cases of infrastructure, our bridges getting C- or D grades, nobody's losing money because they're scared to go over the bridge.   The bridge is still being used, if they tear it down and build a new bridge, it slows the economy down while it's being built and doesn't speed the economy up at all after it's built.  The only value it adds is the theoretical value of the cost of the bridge collapsing someday and the emotional politics played.    It'll be a sensational media story when some guy's pickup truck falls into a river.   An economic cost so small it's immeasurable in the scope of the total economy.  

Sure smoother roads will be less wear and tear on tires but if govt wasn't so joined at the hip with the petrochemical companies, any interest in infrastructure spending isn't going to be an ethical or moral affair.   It's going to be what the real owners tell them to do.   Every now and then they throw a bone at the people and appear to serve our interests and not theirs.

But nation building infrastructure in third world countries?   Never gonna happen.   The US can't afford it, even if we wanted to.

I clicked on your link to infowars.com, to read about the "migrants who slashed woman's throat.....in Sweden", on my laptop, then I clicked back to this thread, then I get a warning that says:  "A Systemerror61 has been detected on my computer, it has been infected with spyware and a virus.  Error# 3658c323e8c4a2d,  call for support 1-877-764-2045,  your facebook login, credit card #, email account login, and my photos have been infected"!!   It was frozen on that warning, i had to use task manager to close it!!!    Thanks a lot "Sweetpumper",  for your virus infected link!!!  And i think you purposely added that virus just to mess with people!!!

1 hour ago, archer95446 said:

I clicked on your link to infowars.com, to read about the "migrants who slashed woman's throat.....in Sweden", on my laptop, then I clicked back to this thread, then I get a warning that says:  "A Systemerror61 has been detected on my computer, it has been infected with spyware and a virus.  Error# 3658c323e8c4a2d,  call for support 1-877-764-2045,  your facebook login, credit card #, email account login, and my photos have been infected"!!   It was frozen on that warning, i had to use task manager to close it!!!    Thanks a lot "Sweetpumper",  for your virus infected link!!!  And i think you purposely added that virus just to mess with people!!!

Archer, the link works fine. Do you use AdBlock? I'm wondering if you might have accidentally touched one of their ads.

• Like 1

Revised Trump travel ban suffers first legal blow.

President Donald Trump’s revised travel ban executive order suffered its first legal setback Friday as a federal judge blocked the directive's potential impact on the family of a Syrian refugee living in Wisconsin.

Madison-based U.S. District Court Judge William Conley issued a temporary retraining order at the request of the Syrian man, who is referred to as “John Doe” in court filings. The Obama-appointed judge said Trump's new executive order cannot be used to delay the man’s effort to bring his wife and three-year-old daughter from the war-torn country to the U.S., but is limited to the individuals involved in the case.

Read more: POLITICO

1 hour ago, archer95446 said:

Pumping the worst stories on the internet one can find about a group one loves to demonize; sharing it with others as the basis for them to figure out what to think?   That's already a virus; it's already messing with people. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Sweetpumper said:

Sweden Can’t Find Contractor Willing to Build Police Station in Migrant Suburb — ‘It’s Too Dangerous’

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2017/03/13/sweden-police-station-suburb-dangerous/

From the link:

"Concerned about the nation’s image abroad, state broadcaster Sweden Radio recently aired a programme in English which claimed that No-Go Zones — dangerous suburbs where police fear to tread — don’t exist in the country."

concerned about national image abroad, state broadcaster aired a damage control, "no reasons to be concerned" video.

meanwhile in other news.

How Muslim Migration Made Malmo, Sweden A Crime Capital

http://www.dailywire.com/news/12466/how-muslim-migration-made-malmo-sweden-crime-michael-qazvini

How Sweden became an example of how not to handle immigration.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2016/09/how-sweden-became-an-example-of-how-not-to-handle-immigration/

Edited by aztek

Legal battles to watch over president’s new travel ban.

The legal battle over President Trump’s travel ban is heating up, with one day left before his revised executive order is slated to take effect. The updated version faces challengers around the country who are scrambling to stop it in its tracks.

This time around, critics are likely to ratchet up focus on Trump’s intent behind the policy while the administration is expected to make its case for why the order is necessary to protect national security.

Trump’s new ban — issued last week after his initial ban became mired in legal challenges — prohibits travelers from six majority-Muslim countries from entering the U.S. for 90 days and suspends entrance for all refugees for 120 days.

Read more: The Hill

• Like 2

On 3/8/2017 at 9:28 PM, psyche101 said:

If he is doing such a great job, why is he relying on Obamas intelligence to make this call? 

If that's how you are going to post, then you should probably look into changing your Avatar.

Just sayin'... 

Here's more on the story:

Federal judge halts Trump travel ban hours before it was to take effect.

A federal judge in Hawaii on Wednesday issued a sweeping freeze of President Trump’s new executive order, hours before it would have temporarily barred the issuance of new visas to citizens of six Muslim-majority countries and suspended the admission of new refugees.

In a blistering, 43-page opinion, U.S. District Judge Derrick K. Watson pointed to Trump’s own comments and those of his close advisers as evidence that his order was meant to discriminate against Muslims and declared there was a “strong likelihood of success” those suing would prove the directive violated the Constitution.

Watson declared that “a reasonable, objective observer — enlightened by the specific historical context, contemporaneous public statements, and specific sequence of events leading to its issuance — would conclude that the Executive Order was issued with a purpose to disfavor a particular religion.”

He lambasted the government, in particular, for asserting that because the ban did not apply to all Muslims in the world, it could not be construed as discriminating against Muslims.

Read more: The Washington Post

• Like 3

I wonder what Travel Ban 3.0 will look like. Take Sudan off the list? No refugees for 90 days?

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

I wonder what Travel Ban 3.0 will look like. Take Sudan off the list? No refugees for 90 days?

Doesn't matter.  Some activist judge will make up a reason to block it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Likely Guy said:

Would you believe that's being discussed right now?

rsz_cone-of-silence.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hatecraft said:

Or, the administration can show proof that banning these countries will make us safer?  That would be a start.  Considering they have killed none on US soil in decades, that might be tough.  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, hatecraft said:

"So Called" activist judge, you mean.

Remember, don't forget the air quotes.

Edited by Likely Guy