Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Claire.

US to Iran: You're "On Notice"

204 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Yamato
14 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I find that I don't always agree with you, but I always find your posts thought-provoking. 

Thank you that means a lot putting it that way.   I don't want you to always agree with me I'd like you to show me if I'm wrong.   Agreeing half the time is plenty for me, that's like the most often as I can agree myself, half the time.  :)

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GlitterRose
1 minute ago, Yamato said:

Thank you that means a lot putting it that way.   I don't want you to always agree with me I'd like you to show me if I'm wrong.   Agreeing half the time is plenty for me, that's like the most often as I can agree myself, half the time.  :)

 

 

There are brains I like, even if they don't always think like I do.

It's a thing. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baz Dane

Just want say that Claire started a thread on this exact topic on Wed...

 Maybe a Mod could combine the threads together??? Just a friendly suggestion. :st

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit

Thanks Lemiux. I didn't notice.

This will tidy things up a little.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Baz Dane
1 minute ago, Kismit said:

Thanks Lemiux. I didn't notice.

This will tidy things up a little.

Good stuff... I figured it got overlooked. :tu:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamato
55 minutes ago, Lemieux said:

Good stuff... I figured it got overlooked. :tu:

Did you watch the OP video Lemieux?   I noticed you didn't participate in the other thread either.   Anything to discuss about Iran?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore

Mattis proves he is just a Trump tool.

Quote
Iran is the world’s “biggest state sponsor of terrorism,” US Defense Secretary James Mattis stated, warning that Tehran’s actions are known to Washington and being watched closely.

“As far as Iran goes, this is the single biggest state sponsor of terrorism in the world,” Mattis said at a press conference in Tokyo on Saturday.

“I think it is wise to make certain that Iran recognizes that what it is doing is getting the attention of a lot of people,” the Pentagon chief added.

“It does no good to ignore it. It does no good to dismiss it and at the same time I don’t see any need to increase the number of forces we have in the Middle East at this time,” he said.

“We always have the capability to do so but right now I don't think it’s necessary.”

https://www.rt.com/news/376288-iran-sponsor-terrorism-mattis/

 

Now Breitbart is attempting to influence regime change in Iran.

Quote

No American national has been killed by an Iranian on US soil since 1975 and the US has produced more Islamic State fighters than Iran has. Yet for over a decade, the US has viewed Iran and its nuclear activities as its biggest threat.

Now Iran has shut down most of that programme and agreed to a high level of inspection currently not applied to any other country. But the US is still worried. What is increasingly clear is that the US will remain worried so long as the Islamic Republic is in power.

This is not to say that Iran is not involved in any fishy business. At home, the country’s human rights record remains dismal. A number of political prisoners are languishing in jail, with some on hunger strike. Religious minorities are discriminated against and the country has a high rate of executions. The biggest current problem is Iran’s involvement in Syria, where it is staunchly supporting the brutal Bashar al-Assad, although large segments of Iranian society are critical about it, as seen in a funeral that turned into a rare display of dissent earlier this month. But Trump’s focus on Iran has been disproportionate, politically biased and overblown.

The threat to Iran is not just from Trump but rather the combination of a reckless, ignorant leader, surrounded by hawks blind to nuances on the ground and bent on regime change. Some of his senior appointees have backed MEK, a fringe Iranian opposition group extremely unpopular in Iran. They fought alongside Saddam Hussain against Iran in the eight-year war in the 1980s. Breitbart, the American news website closely linked to the Trump administration, recently pushed the claims of the former Shah’s son, Reza Pahlavi, introducing him as the alternative to Iran’s problem. Pahlavi does not have a strong base in Iran and the monarchy, despite occasional nostalgia for its glories, remains unpopular.

https://www.rt.com/news/376288-iran-sponsor-terrorism-mattis/

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
12 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Did Iran's Ballistic Missile Test Violate A U.N. Resolution?

So did Iran violate the agreement or not?

Most nonproliferation experts would say Iran certainly defied the spirit of the U.N. resolution, but technically didn't violate it — because it contains no prohibition against such testing, as one of its predecessors, passed in 2010, specifically did.

http://www.npr.org/sections/parallels/2017/02/03/513229839/did-irans-ballistic-missile-test-violate-a-u-n-resolution

This seems to me to be evidence that the Treaty wasn't as good as we could have gotten. Did Hillary just not even consider that Ballistic Missiles might be important when she brought this to Obama and Congress in 2015?

This was a bad deal. And handing them billions of dollars in cash wasn't fantastic either.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

This seems to me to be evidence that the Treaty wasn't as good as we could have gotten. Did Hillary just not even consider that Ballistic Missiles might be important when she brought this to Obama and Congress in 2015?

This was a bad deal. And handing them billions of dollars in cash wasn't fantastic either.

So . Ive read a couple of points of view now that didnt consider the missiles tested to be a violation of the treaty because they were conventional. Without a violation how the heck can we put sanctions on ? Its obviously early in the process but are we strolling down another "Saddam has WMD's" road? 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Essan

 Trump is simply obeying the instructions of his Saudi masters ;) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DieChecker
9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

So . Ive read a couple of points of view now that didnt consider the missiles tested to be a violation of the treaty because they were conventional. Without a violation how the heck can we put sanctions on ? Its obviously early in the process but are we strolling down another "Saddam has WMD's" road? 

I've said previously that the Iranians didn't break the new treaty, or so I've heard. But, on the other hand, I've never heard that Sanctions have to based on breaking a treaty. Basically we see something we don't like, Congress votes and we have sanctions. No need for a treaty at all. We have sanctions on North Korea, but no treaty of any kind, that I know of, other then a Cease Fire.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
41 minutes ago, DieChecker said:

This seems to me to be evidence that the Treaty wasn't as good as we could have gotten. Did Hillary just not even consider that Ballistic Missiles might be important when she brought this to Obama and Congress in 2015?

This was a bad deal. And handing them billions of dollars in cash wasn't fantastic either.

The treaty is a UN treaty. How will Trump do better when he wants to dismantle the UN or at least his supporters do?

Doubtful also that El Trumpo can make a deal of his own working outside the framework of the U.N. as he remains an outsider to the international community without the knowledge or appeal to make any inroads.

His sanctions are weak with no other countries participating. So tell me again how we don't need the UN?

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
Quote
On 11/7/2014 at 2:03 AM, Raptor Witness said:

Iran is the trip wire to a Hell a thousand times greater than ISIS.

On 5/7/2013 at 3:28 AM, Raptor Witness said:

My advice would be, do what you want with Syria, but leave Iran to God, for they are the trip-wire to hell on earth.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Raptor Witness
On 9/13/2012 at 2:38 PM, Raptor Witness said:

Iran is the trip-wire.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
9 hours ago, Essan said:

 Trump is simply obeying the instructions of his Saudi masters ;) 

And what is your proof to back up this claim?  I'm sure it's quite compelling and accurate, right?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamato
13 hours ago, Yamato said:

Did you watch the OP video Lemieux?   I noticed you didn't participate in the other thread either.   Anything to discuss about Iran?

It's Post #8 now, Lem.   :rolleyes:   

Lambasting Saudi Arabia had its moment until we start ignoring it right after it's time for another Executive Order.  So with that and now this, you're back on watch.  Remember, it's "Treason." when Trump goes there for a nice visit, your word not mine.  But Iran?    Anything to discuss about the fake narrative we're getting from the Trump Admin on Iran?    What am I talking about?   Post #8, Lem.  Or are the facts about Iran not important enough for anything more than helpful housekeeping hints?

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_V_Spirit

Ok first of all i'm not referring to anyone particular here, i'm just going to say something in general. I'm an Iranian and i know how most of you hate us, but you guys don't know how difficult life here is for us, and i'm not JUST talking about sanctions! when u walk in my shoes  you'll then understand what i'm trying to say my friends. I myself support peace and Love around the world. I also have foreign friends that i get along. Most of us, especially the youth, hate war and conflicts and are quite educated and westernized. We don't wear bombs.. and NO.. we don't run around the hood with a AK-47 shouting "Allah u akbar" :|

 Have you ever heard of any terrorist attack that involved an Iranian throughout these years..yeah.. all of the terrorists were either a Muslim or an Arab..but not an Iranian. We are normal just like you. I'm not even a Muslim..hell, i don't know what to believe anymore, and i don't care. But what i believe is war is not the answer. Unfortunately based on historical facts war just ruins people's lives and throws the country way back to the stone age. i wish there was somewhay other than war. governments are the one's to blame for, and trust me your government has no GOOD INTENTION either (here i'm referring to the US). Try to open your minds and don't let the media and the propaganda get to you that much. they're all planned out ;)

P.S:  sorry for blabbering but I've met a lot of ignorant people in my life who don't know jack about us and the Persian history..i was just trying to get it off my chest :D  TBH Nuclear weapons should be banned not just here, but ALL OVER THE WORLD!

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
4 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

Ok first of all i'm not referring to anyone particular here, i'm just going to say something in general. I'm an Iranian and i know how most of you hate us, but you guys don't know how difficult life here is for us, and i'm not JUST talking about sanctions! when u walk in my shoes  you'll then understand what i'm trying to say my friends. I myself support peace and Love around the world. I also have foreign friends that i get along. Most of us, especially the youth, hate war and conflicts and are quite educated and westernized. We don't wear bombs.. and NO.. we don't run around the hood with a AK-47 shouting "Allah u akbar" :|

 Have you ever heard of any terrorist attack that involved an Iranian throughout these years..yeah.. all of the terrorists were either a Muslim or an Arab..but not an Iranian. We are normal just like you. I'm not even a Muslim..hell, i don't know what to believe anymore, and i don't care. But what i believe is war is not the answer. Unfortunately based on historical facts war just ruins people's lives and throws the country way back to the stone age. i wish there was somewhay other than war. governments are the one's to blame for, and trust me your government has no GOOD INTENTION either (here i'm referring to the US). Try to open your minds and don't let the media and the propaganda get to you that much. they're all planned out ;)

P.S:  sorry for blabbering but I've met a lot of ignorant people in my life who don't know jack about us and the Persian history..i was just trying to get it off my chest :D  TBH Nuclear weapons should be banned not just here, but ALL OVER THE WORLD!

You do realize that the anger and concern is directed at Iran's governing body, don't you--based solely on their threats and actions, right?  You realize that we would love to read your counter all of the claims that's been made about Iran, each and every single piece of information put out there.  And I hope you do realize that none of us want war, but sometimes war is inevitable--regardless of the fact that you think war isn't the answer, it actually is sometimes.  I don't think war is going to happen here, in this instance, but whether you consider it propaganda or not, history is history and Iran does not play nice with it's neighbors, and has a lot to answer for.

And no one said every Iranian runs around the hood with an AK-47 shouting "Allah u Akbar". :blink:  Unless it was one of the "posters" I have on my ignore list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamato
10 minutes ago, Thorvir said:

none of us want war

:huh:

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, Yamato said:

:huh:

I was thinking the same thing.  

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The_V_Spirit

yes i understand what your saying Thorvir,  as i said i just wanted to clarify some things for other people because not everyone knows like you do sir, and due to some REASONS i can't really say some things because of the internet monitoring and stuff. but just so you know, there are reasons for these acts. Also other countries like Israel or the US tend to do whatever they want. Whether it's feeding off from other's resources and taking lands or just mind control. but still no one bats an eyelash because they try to show themselves as the good and innocent ones who are only there to support other countries and are concerned for their well being.That's something i can't agree to . I guess politics is one son of a B****. .  but overall i understand what your saying. thank you for replying :)

Edited by The_V_Spirit
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On3Truly
10 hours ago, Essan said:

 Trump is simply obeying the instructions of his Saudi masters ;) 

That and following the Zionist agenda to the letter.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On3Truly
1 hour ago, Thorvir said:

And what is your proof to back up this claim?  I'm sure it's quite compelling and accurate, right?

It's quite obvious. They call Iran ''the biggest sponsor of terrorism'' while completely ignoring that Saudi Arabia and the golf states have been funding and exporting Islamic extremism - with groups such as ISIS and Al-Qaeda - throughout the entire region. There's your double-standard.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
15 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

yes i understand what your saying Thorvir,  as i said i just wanted to clarify some things for other people because not everyone knows like you do sir, and due to some REASONS i can't really say some things because of the internet monitoring and stuff.

Yeah, I figured that.  You had better be careful and stay safe.  Sorting things out with those that are allegedly uninformed isn't as important as your own safety or the safety of your friends and family.

15 minutes ago, The_V_Spirit said:

....but just so you know, there are reasons for these acts. Also other countries like Israel or the US tend to do whatever they want. Whether it's feeding off from other's resources and taking lands or just mind control. but still no one bats an eyelash because they try to show themselves as the good and innocent ones who are only there to support other countries and are concerned for their well being.That's something i can't agree to . I guess politics is one son of a B****. .  but overall i understand what your saying. thank you for replying :)

Politics is indeed that.  And everything is always in the eye of the beholder.  However, Iran's governing body isn't good and innocent....I'll leave the Israel thing alone at this time as it's not important to this thread, as well as with "taking lands" and "mind control". :rofl:

Just don't get into trouble over this.  Like I said, arguing isn't as important as living.

Of course, if you're allegedly from Iran.  I will assume that you are, so my warnings and well-wishings still stand as they are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thorvir
3 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

It's quite obvious. They call Iran ''the biggest sponsor of terrorism'' while completely ignoring that Saudi Arabia and the golf states have been funding and exporting Islamic extremism - with groups likes ISIS and Al-Qaeda - throughout the entire region.

I usually ignore you for good reason, but since this post popped up when I posted by above statement, I'll respond and then move on.

"They"?  Who are "they"?  I for one consider SA just a culpable as Iran, just as I do the Gulf states..  None of those countries should be let off the hook and all deserve a massive comeuppance for their actions.  All have a huge hand in this current incarnation of terrorism.  However, I'm not in charge, and I do understand that it's a bit more delicate at that, but do not ever think that I would assume that SA is a friend of the US.  It is not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.