Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

US to Iran: You're "On Notice"

Claire.

It's up to Iranians to determine what Iran is to be.  All the death and violence, and nonsense, in the world is never going to change that.

It's called Self Determination.  

If we get our heads on straight before another war in the Middle East kicks off, there's a great chance that Iran will become more Western if that's what the hell it is we want.

• Like 2

Iran has Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles. Iran has several Billion Dollars 'returned' to them by the Obama Administration. Iran has been covertly developing Nuclear Arms right under the nose of the United States (thanks to the horrible deal we made). Iran has Ayatollahs who encourage the populace to chant "Death to America".

Add this all up and exactly what do you think their 'End Game' likely is going to be? And if it's just a nice PC dose of "Self Determination' I'll be damn surprised.   

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Iran has Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles. Iran has several Billion Dollars 'returned' to them by the Obama Administration. Iran has been covertly developing Nuclear Arms right under the nose of the United States (thanks to the horrible deal we made). Iran has Ayatollahs who encourage the populace to chant "Death to America".

Add this all up and exactly what do you think their 'End Game' likely is going to be? And if it's just a nice PC dose of "Self Determination' I'll be damn surprised.   

That all adds to near zero because there's no substance to it, other than putting "returned" in quotes.  

They chant "Death to Traffic" when they're stuck in traffic.  It's a mannerism.  

Over here we say "Damn these teenagers."   It doesn't mean that we want our teenagers to burn in eternal hell. 

• Like 1

Trump needs a war with someone to be taken seriously, and Iran is the perfect target.

Testing ballistic missiles isn't enough provocation. It's enough to say that we're planning to attack, but not nearly enough to begin a conflict. He will need an incident worthy of an invasion, which is the only way to fully dismantle their nuclear program, forever.

I don't expect our little Napoleon to wait for long. He'll plot with Israel to come up with something. My guess would be some sort of poison gas attack in or on Israel ... fabricated, of course.

The CIA and Mossad should be able to put their heads together,and come up with some horrific sacrifice of a few civilians to make it work. Preferably one with women and children, with seizures filmed, blindness, chemical burns. That should do the trick, but what would put the icing on the cake is if a few muslims were hurt in the process. That would make it perfect.

Trump said it himself, the Presidency is a "mean life," so if Trump really believes this, then he's resigned himself to be the meanest of the mean, the Devil of devils, and the biggest liar of all. It all goes with what he said in 1980.

That's why he started off his candidacy with the lie that President Obama was "out of Africa." It was an evil lie to whip up the racial hatred and bias of whites, and it worked.

Trump isn't the Devil incarnate yet, but if he is fatally wounded by an enemy, I won't be surprised to see him come back to life like Jesus.

Edited by Raptor Witness
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yamato said:

They chant "Death to Traffic" when they're stuck in traffic.  It's a mannerism.  

Iran is one of the leading supporters of terrorism in the entire world...is that just a mannerism as well?  (rhetorical question as I don't expect any answer)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/02/politics/state-department-report-terrorism/

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Iran is one of the leading supporters of terrorism in the entire world...is that just a mannerism as well?  (rhetorical question as I don't expect any answer)

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/02/politics/state-department-report-terrorism/

Oh if the State Dept says so, it must be true.  Man Barack Obama's State Dept is back in style too.   26,000 bombs a year Lilly, well there's a reliable source.   Explain the alternate kinetics and psychology on how Obama's bombs don't terrorize?  

The only thing they're actually doing "wrong" is another thing that we're doing, arming people.  They're arming people who don't serve our national interests and those of our "allies." 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Yamato said:

...  They're arming people who don't serve our national interests and those of our "allies." 

That's enough for me.

And when Iran starts lobbing nuclear ICBMs towards those they don't like...let's just say opinions will change.

• Like 2

Just now, Lilly said:

That's enough for me.

Well that's all you've got left in the bag so it'll have to be.

And when Iran starts lobbing nuclear ICBMs towards those they don't like...let's just say opinions will change.

That's a pipe dream perpetrated upon you by liars and their pack of lies.   There is no stated intent of building nukes, there is no evidence of nukes, there is no evidence of nuke programs.   There is no evidence to believe in the regurgitated nonsense that Iraq and now Iran has a suicidal death wish.   Fool you once, shame on them.  Fool you twice,

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lilly said:

That's enough for me.

And Saddam Hussein had WMDs. Before we found out he didn't.

• Like 1

Oh sure, Iran isn't interested in developing nuclear capabilities, they're just testing their rockets for amusement. Kim Jong Un is doing the same thing and of course it's just a hobby for him as well.

Right. I'm out of this discussion...reality has too strong a hold on me I'm afraid.

• Like 3

ICBM is an often used term...Inter continental ballistic missile...Iran fired off cruise missiles (from what read)...They think that by not launching an ICBM, the cruise would slip past the rules...Cruise missiles are very capable of delivering nukes...Iran knows they used words to bypass the intent of agreement.

24 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

And Saddam Hussein had WMDs. Before we found out he didn't.

That's not even a comparison.  Iran has nuclear capabilities.  That's no secret, and there is no on in the world that would dispute that.  If they didn't, would we need a nuclear agreement to inspect their facilities?

• Like 1

Iran is a nuclear power under international law and we're probably going to have to get used to it.   Israel won't attack Iran despite how badly they've yearned to for so many years, because Israel doesn't have the hardware or the reach to do it and even if they tried they'd suffer dearly for it.   Israel needs the US to attack Iran.   We've got the standoff weapons and the reach to bombard them sufficiently for any meaningful physical damage to be done.   If we attack Iran we will soil the world with anger and hate and lose our global economic premiership to China a lot sooner not later.  This is the what the end of empire looks like if we don't change course someday soon.   Can't we see where this story is heading yet?

Osama bin Laden was mad at Saddam Hussein for threatening the kingdom, the Saudi regime for refusing his aid and kicking him out, George H.W. Bush and Desert Storm, and who could forget Bill Clinton when bin Laden declared war on us.  It's clear as through a clean window whose head choppers are the good ones.  

Hey I know, let's kick off the big Sunni v. Shiite War for Israel and Saudi Arabia in the Middle East!    

If we're "fighting terrorism" we can't even win in Iraq, Afghanistan or Syria (or anywhere) yet and we're going to go mess with Iran now?   I'd laugh if I didn't cry.   If anyone has a suicidal death wish, we do.   The untold cost in lives and money will be deplorable.  Nauseating.  It already is.  Staying this madness might be the most important thing we can do as a nation politically if these threats are serious.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Poppi said:

ICBM is an often used term...Inter continental ballistic missile...Iran fired off cruise missiles (from what read)...They think that by not launching an ICBM, the cruise would slip past the rules...Cruise missiles are very capable of delivering nukes...Iran knows they used words to bypass the intent of agreement.

Yes, Iran doesn't have ICBMs.  Israel does though and nobody even bats an eyelash about that.   If we're going to enforce the rules, then Israel needs to find a pen and sign the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty.   They're a rogue nuclear state just like Pakistan and we arm them to the teeth.

North Korea has a few nukes and they can't even threaten us for real without Congress falling asleep.  China's pit bull is politically useful to China and so North Korea and all its starving people remains unscathed.   The moral to the story is, get nukes and you'll be treated a lot better!   If we were deliberately trying to antagonize Iran into war, I don't know how it'd look any different than it does.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Yamato said:

Yes, Iran doesn't have ICBMs.  Israel does though and nobody even bats an eyelash about that.   If we're going to enforce the rules, then Israel needs to find a pen and sign the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty.   They're a rogue nuclear state just like Pakistan and we arm them to the teeth.

North Korea has a few nukes and they can't even threaten us for real without Congress falling asleep.  China's pit bull is politically useful to China and so North Korea and all its starving people remains unscathed.   The moral to the story is, get nukes and you'll be treated a lot better!   If we were deliberately trying to antagonize Iran into war, I don't know how it'd look any different than it does.  

Are you making a point or just ranting about the realities of international politics?

#91- Israel has had nukes for some time now.

Giving Iran's pledges to destroy Israel - who is in the right , regarding the right to possess nukes...Israel hasn't eliminated the countries who vow its destruction...If the muslims had the nuke- would they have used it against Israel

Iran cannot be allowed nuke access. Religion is the problem there.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poppi said:

#91- Israel has had nukes for some time now.

Giving Iran's pledges to destroy Israel - who is in the right , regarding the right to possess nukes...Israel hasn't eliminated the countries who vow its destruction...If the muslims had the nuke- would they have used it against Israel

Iran cannot be allowed nuke access. Religion is the problem there.

Hey, good to see you back here.  Sorry I haven't been to the WWII forums in a while--I'm still trying to get started on that Achilles.  :(

Okay, now back to our scheduled Iranian thread....

7 hours ago, Raptor Witness said:

Trump needs a war with someone to be taken seriously, and Iran is the perfect target.

Testing ballistic missiles isn't enough provocation. It's enough to say that we're planning to attack, but not nearly enough to begin a conflict. He will need an incident worthy of an invasion, which is the only way to fully dismantle their nuclear program, forever.

I don't expect our little Napoleon to wait for long. He'll plot with Israel to come up with something. My guess would be some sort of poison gas attack in or on Israel ... fabricated, of course.

The CIA and Mossad should be able to put their heads together,and come up with some horrific sacrifice of a few civilians to make it work. Preferably one with women and children, with seizures filmed, blindness, chemical burns. That should do the trick, but what would put the icing on the cake is if a few muslims were hurt in the process. That would make it perfect.

Trump said it himself, the Presidency is a "mean life," so if Trump really believes this, then he's resigned himself to be the meanest of the mean, the Devil of devils, and the biggest liar of all. It all goes with what he said in 1980.

That's why he started off his candidacy with the lie that President Obama was "out of Africa." It was an evil lie to whip up the racial hatred and bias of whites, and it worked.

Trump isn't the Devil incarnate yet, but if he is fatally wounded by an enemy, I won't be surprised to see him come back to life like Jesus.

Hopefully no one would believe Iran would use chemical weapons. Hopefully they themselves are steering clear of them as they were used against them in the Iran - Iraq war.

American funded and developed chemical weapons on behalf of Saddam Hussein when he was an American ally before they double crossed him.

Trump also could never be the anti-Christ character as that person would need to be a great peacemaker accepted by mostly everyone according to Christian mythology.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

Just now, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Hopefully no one would believe Iran would use chemical weapons. Hopefully they themselves are steering clear of them as they were used against them in the Iran - Iraq war.

Trump also could never be the anti-Christ character as that person would need to be a great peacemaker accepted by mostly everyone according to Christian mythology.

Full power is not attained until the curious resurrection of this man.

The U.S. always promises peace as the ultimate goal.

Full power changes him into the Jesus mimick.

He's just the apprentice, for now.

3 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Are you making a point or just ranting about the realities of international politics?

The point I guess was to have a sense of proportion in international politics.   Iran has no dreams of empire.   But they're an ancient and proud nation and they'll defend themselves.   If we'd like to kick off the biggest guerrilla war of all time and we're not the guerrillas?  One would have to be insane.  The resistance will be streaming in from every direction and every continent.

Reality of Iranian politics though, no they're not going to nuke Israel with their super bomb of suicide as soon as they get their hands on it.   Total kool aid; Fake news.  

What the Imam said about the Zionist regime is also true about Iran.  The Iranian regime will also one day vanish from the pages of time.   We should smile and wave goodbye to them all, frankly.   That's really all it takes.  That, and some Father Time.  :)

Real US threats to Iran will unify and harden the Iranian people and others around the world against us.  I don't know if this is kabuki theater or what but the canaries in the coalmine are dropping dead.   This is what it looks like before war breaks out.  This is rehashing the same pre-war rhetoric as the Bushes and a new battery of sanctions which are economic warfare.  We're hurting people for no reason other than we need a good enemy to profit from.

The rocket launch was more an act of defiance than any real threat to anybody.  This dream of Netanyahu can be put to bed very easily.   All some Chinese rocket company needs to do is come build a launch pad in Iran.  That'll be Game Over.   There's the beginnings of a new commercial space program in Iran and some yuuge rockets.  We're going to serious problems with Russia and China as it is if we're crazy enough to attack Iran.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raptor Witness said:

Full power is not attained until the curious resurrection of this man.

The U.S. always promises peace as the ultimate goal.

Full power changes him into the Jesus mimick.

He's just the apprentice, for now.

He would likely have to be Jewish or a Jew to be accepted into the temple.

Jared Kushner according to Trump will make peace in the Middle East...

10 minutes ago, Yamato said:

The point I guess was to have a sense of proportion in international politics.   Iran has no dreams of empire.   But they're an ancient and proud nation and they'll defend themselves.   If we'd like to kick off the biggest guerrilla war of all time and we're not the guerrillas?  One would have to be insane.  The resistance will be streaming in from every direction and every continent.

Reality of Iranian politics though, no they're not going to nuke Israel with their super bomb of suicide as soon as they get their hands on it.   Total kool aid; Fake news.  

What the Imam said about the Zionist regime is also true about Iran.  The Iranian regime will also one day vanish from the pages of time.   We should smile and wave goodbye to them all, frankly.   That's really all it takes.  That, and some Father Time.  :)

Real US threats to Iran will unify and harden the Iranian people and others around the world against us.  I don't know if this is kabuki theater or what but the canaries in the coalmine are dropping dead.   This is what it looks like before war breaks out.  This is rehashing the same pre-war rhetoric as the Bushes and a new battery of sanctions which are economic warfare.  We're hurting people for no reason other than we need a good enemy to profit from.

The rocket launch was more an act of defiance than any real threat to anybody.  This dream of Netanyahu can be put to bed very easily.   All some Chinese rocket company needs to do is come build a launch pad in Iran.  That'll be Game Over.   There's the beginnings of a new commercial space program in Iran and some yuuge rockets.  We're going to serious problems with Russia and China as it is if we're crazy enough to attack Iran.

Brazil, Russia, India and China have been on the rise for years without advertising the fact. The BRIC nations are the future of a multipolar world. It is up to the US to work on its economy to compete and cooperate to remain relevant as there is no way to keep its unipolar dominance of the past.

War is not the chief tool to remain relevant, unless we mean economic warfare, but cooperation will still be needed as well. Doubtful Trump will make America great again. The model he wishes to use is 20th century and passe.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Brazil, Russia, India and China have been on the rise for years without advertising the fact. The BRIC nations are the future of a multipolar world. It is up to the US to work on its economy to compete and cooperate to remain relevant as there is no way to keep its unipolar dominance of the past.

War is not the chief tool to remain relevant, unless we mean economic warfare, but cooperation will still be needed as well. Doubtful Trump will make America great again. The model he wishes to use is 20th century and passe.

I think in future, "greatness" will be measured almost entirely by population productivity.  The great nations will be the younger, larger populations.  This may include India but not Russia or China.  It may include America if Trump's rule is short.  Brazil and Mexico and Iran and Indonesia and Pakistan are candidates, as well as several in Europe and Africa , if they get their acts in gear.  Even Vietnam and the Philippines and S. Korea and Canada and S. Africa and Egypt and Nigeria.  China and Russia and Japan and probably the US are declining (population getting old).

Nuclear weapons may become the equalizer, in which case (assuming the failure of non-proliferation), mankind will not survive and it won't matter.

• Like 1