Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is life on Earth considered a cosmic 'zoo' ?

UM-Bot

We are the zoo keepers, but we are lax in our jobs so the animals in the zoo are dying. We don't realize we are caged in the zoo ourselves, so our incompetence as zoo keepers is detrimental to our own lives, as well. 

• Like 5

Less a zoo and more a prison where the most violent and hateful species in the universe were deposited.

Edited by The Narcisse
  • Like 3

Sounds like giorgio tsoukalos all over in the OP

• Like 5

We should organise interplanetary trade.

Endangered species in exchange for future technologies.

Think how much ivory could fetch on the intergalactic black market! B)

• Like 3

Walking out of the pet store today, I said to my wife, I wonder if there is a "pet store" somewhere in the universe where you could purchase two humans and all the toys and fun stuff to go with it.  The same way you can buy fish, cats and dogs.  A galactic pet store if you will, two of those from that planet, half a dozen from another.  Maybe I watched too much Twilight Zone as a kid. :huh:

We are thinking of getting a cat. It won't be from a pet store though, a rescue.

Edited by Four Winds
  • Like 6

A zoo?
Well that's putting it kindly.

• Like 5

9 hours ago, The Narcisse said:

Less a zoo and more a prison where the most violent and hateful species in the universe were deposited.

Could be. But the ones depositing are just as hateful for crippling this wonderful planet and its creatures with us selfish imbeciles.

• Like 1

what if we are being farmed by a supreme entity and they live off our energy. our bodies produce huge quantity of energy during the sleep. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, qxcontinuum said:

what if we are being farmed by a supreme entity and they live off our energy. our bodies produce huge quantity of energy during the sleep. 

That's old science fiction. English author, Eric Frank Russell wrote a story on much the same theme back in 1939.                                                                          https://www.amazon.com/Sinister-Barrier-Eric-Frank-Russell/dp/0446522872

• Like 6

Well, maybe they have the prime directive in place of non interference.  If you believe the accounts of people who have been abducted, I would say they studying our DNA anyway.  I know if I saw one coming my way I would run away.  I'll pass on the probe.   

• Like 3

Just tap me on the Head WHen` Its over !  THey are still Laughing at us Every day and Night ! So for Now were safe, Until they get Hungry again !

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Grandpa Greenman said:

Well, maybe they have the prime directive in place of non interference.  If you believe the accounts of people who have been abducted, I would say they studying our DNA anyway.  I know if I saw one coming my way I would run away.  I'll pass on the probe.   

I wonder what a lion or any other wild animal feels like after they've been tranquilized and tested by wildlife biologist? They may seem to go about their business afterwards but are they psychologically traumatized by the incident?

• Like 4

How about the Fish that See one of there own Go Zipping up to the surface at light speed, Never to see them again? Brings back that saying " To Serv Man"

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, DONTEATUS said:

How about the Fish that See one of there own Go Zipping up to the surface at light speed, Never to see them again? Brings back that saying " To Serv Man"

Maybe fish that were caught and released are telling their buddies they were caught by a big giant and the other fishes laugh at him.:D

• Like 1

On 04/02/2017 at 11:35 AM, Eldorado said:

I'm sure I've seen a movie about aliens on safari.

The truth is stranger than fiction :tu:

• Like 3

On 05/02/2017 at 7:16 AM, FTWind said:

Some of these posts literally stupify me...smh

Maybe this will help...B)

• Like 3

A plausible theory and there is no shame at being left alone to fend for ourselves. Actually what will some advanced civilizations gain by communicating with us and helping us? If they elevate us to their level, won't we then will compete with them for planets and galactic resources? Same like how we won't try to enlighten our forest monkeys and donkeys.

Edited by woopypooky
  • Like 1