Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is life on Earth considered a cosmic 'zoo' ?

UM-Bot

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:51 PM, UM-Bot said:

Do intelligent extraterrestrials see our planet in the same way as we might see a nature reserve ?

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/303446/is-life-on-earth-considered-a-cosmic-zoo

I think any civilization just 200 years more advanced than ours will know about every single life harbouring planet in our galaxy. I suspect at that point they will already have mastered travelling to nearby systems.

So at 1000 years more advanced then they will know about us, have probably come for a look, are probably evaluating us and have no doubt collected some zoological specimens for study. So I think they see us as something similar to safari.

• Like 1

On Monday, February 06, 2017 at 10:27 PM, woopypooky said:

A plausible theory and there is no shame at being left alone to fend for ourselves. Actually what will some advanced civilizations gain by communicating with us and helping us? If they elevate us to their level, won't we then will compete with them for planets and galactic resources? Same like how we won't try to enlighten our forest monkeys and donkeys.

I'm sure that's not why they don't talk to us....anyone ever think it's impossible to travel the speed of light which means it's impossible to travel the cosmos

Isn't life on any other planet considered a cosmic zoo.................

• Like 2

On 2/3/2017 at 1:18 PM, The Narcisse said:

Less a zoo and more a prison where the most violent and hateful species in the universe were deposited.

Maybe, but I think we all have it within us to choose which we'll be.  

• Like 3

On 2/4/2017 at 6:16 AM, Hawkin said:

al.jpg

Okay, THAT is funny...  I just snorted diet coke.  :w00t:

• Like 2

On 2/4/2017 at 10:04 AM, qxcontinuum said:

what if we are being farmed by a supreme entity and they live off our energy. our bodies produce huge quantity of energy during the sleep. 

you are right bro; the devils are currently feeding on out hatred and negative energy

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlyingAngel said:

you are right bro; the devils are currently feeding on out hatred and negative energy

Then think Positive. Positive energy to them would be like our equivalent of eating a habanero pepper.:D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Hawkin said:

Then think Positive. Positive energy to them would be like our equivalent of eating a habanero pepper.:D

Maybe. But if you make yourself "an useless object", they might try to get rid of you

• Like 1

The concept of the earth as a cosmic zoo doesn't appeal to me. Zoo animals have to submit to some degree of "two way" interaction for the entertainment of their owners. I see no evidence of this with respect to us.

Thinking more generally, I'm convinced advanced civilisations exist, that they are going to be carbon based, but they will differ from earth based life at their genetic level, the difference resulting from their different environments and different evolutionary histories. However, they might be at high risk from our bacteria/viruses as they will have no immunity, so it wouldn't be in their interests to come anywhere near us. Not a good zoo to visit.

In fact it's hard to imagine why any advanced civilisation would go out of its way to pay us a visit. I would guess, being advanced and capable of interstellar travel, they would have little to learn from us, and could obtain whatever raw materials they need from the billions of biologically sterile planets and asteroids out there. Why bother risking a visit to a planet crawling with dangerous war mongering savages and deadly bacteria and viruses?

The most likely interaction between us and them might be a decision on their part to sterilise earth just in case we decide now, or at some time in the future, to attack them. After all, why should they take the risk?

I should add, while I consider the above to be quite logical, it is also a bit tongue in cheek. I'm not expecting an imminent invasion.

Edited by john444
last para added

Wild planetary biomes such as Earth are quarantined as bio-hazards. Mobile civilizations would have pristine environments easily susceptible to exotic invasive microbes. Earth is shunned as a contamination hazard zone.

Edited by Hammerclaw

On 2/4/2017 at 1:04 AM, qxcontinuum said:

what if we are being farmed by a supreme entity and they live off our energy. our bodies produce huge quantity of energy during the sleep. 

Someone has seen The Matrix one too many times. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ChaosRose said:

Someone has seen The Matrix one too many times. 

Not only that, but this is close to the thesis of David Icke, and even Alex Jones has touched on it too. Is it a spreading meme, or different people identifying the truth at the same time?

Nah ! Its all about Getting your Garggleblaster sucked down and Having your towel and peanuts close at hand ! Just Remember "DONT PANIC"

On 2/9/2017 at 10:00 PM, FTWind said:

I'm sure that's not why they don't talk to us....anyone ever think it's impossible to travel the speed of light which means it's impossible to travel the cosmos

NASA beg to differ with concept warp drives.

Edited by woopypooky
  • Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 7:34 PM, qxcontinuum said:

What garbage.

On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 6:50 AM, john444 said:

Not only that, but this is close to the thesis of David Icke, and even Alex Jones has touched on it too. Is it a spreading meme, or different people identifying the truth at the same time?

Not surprising as Jones uses movies to support some of his deranged claims

7 hours ago, Rlyeh said:

Not surprising as Jones uses movies to support some of his deranged claims

A lot of what Jones says is spot on, and a lot of it is bonkers, but it's an entertaining show, certainly more fun than watching CNN fake news or reading WaPo fake news.

On 10/02/2017 at 3:12 AM, cluey said:

Isn't life on any other planet considered a cosmic zoo.................

Possibly.  However human life on the galactic scale is considered to be more or less a circus.

• Like 2

On 2/14/2017 at 9:48 AM, john444 said:

A lot of what Jones says is spot on, and a lot of it is bonkers, but it's an entertaining show, certainly more fun than watching CNN fake news or reading WaPo fake news.

Can you point to the points where Alex Jones is actually spot on, as I know of no such instances? Please be specific or stop the nonsense talk (which it very obviously is).

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Bleach that gets the spots out , mostly, they come out at night ,mostly !