Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Music you are listening to ♪ ♫ (4)

GlitterRose

When I was a kid my brother wouldn't let anyone beside himself handling his LP-collection. But one day, when I was about 9, after school I was home alone with his stereo and records. At the top of his heap of records was an album called Destroyer, with some animated "demons" called KISS. I've heard, and seen, SWEET, ELO, etc, but I had never seen/heard this band.

I put on the record, and I heard some distinctive sounds of a kitchen/restaurant dishing-doing, and then someone starting a car. I couldn't hear it pretty well, so I turned the volume up to 10, and it kept going with this intro. Then, I heard this "chewing" guitar-riff going, and when the song started, I was almost thrown back on the pillow on the floor, and this "eargasm" was pouring over me.

It was beyond exceptional - it was life-changing. I was sitting on my @$$ for the next 30min just "absorbing" After that I was a "metal-head" . So turn it up!! :D

KISS - Detroit Rock City

• Like 4

• Like 4

• Like 2

• Like 3

"I'm the lord of the wastelands
A modern day man of steel
I gather darkness to please me
And I command you to kneel"
Before the...

God of Thunder

KISS - Unholy

"You send your children to war
To serve b@stards and whores"

Black Sabbath - Heaven and Hell

"They say that life's a carousel
Spinning fast, you've got to ride it well"

"The world is full of Kings and Queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams"

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 4

I suppose every adolescent especially values his room. The Wilson brothers were physically and emotionally abused by their father; his bedroom was where Brian could listen to his radio and otherwise take refuge from the garbage of a toxic household. "Now it's dark and I'm alone and I won't be afraid." I'm sure many children feel the same, unfortunately.

The loveliest of harmonies portray the consolation of Brian's childhood room.

• Like 2

Published on Feb 26, 2017

• Like 1

Without love, lust and romance are short-lived.  

Edited by aka CAT
  • Like 2

Our song of me and my hubby that were married 50 years ago  and he is now passed. it was our first dance that he took me in the backroom  in the dark of a bar and we danced.

Edited by docyabut2
  • Like 2

A true relentless fanfare to love. The brilliant horn arrangement, the brass crescendos, changes in tempo's, the lyrics, Peter Cetera's and Robert Lamm's vocals, the flawless musicianship...  The intro and subtleties, especially in the horns, Cetera's bass playing...  One could go on dissecting the recording. Not many popular songs are this interesting to listen to.

The questions in "Questions 67 and 68" address the nature of a romantic relationship Lamm had during 1967 and 1968.

[1] The lyrics include the title phrase only as the last words.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Questions_67_and_68

The song leaves us in unanswered question.Don't we always question past loves?

• Like 2

• Like 3

• Like 4

My sympathy, docyabut2.  Good classics.

SMK,

I usually really liked one song on any Chicago album. 

Not much of an alternative music crowd here-- Oh well, Oh well-- but I can't resist dedicating the next song to your status update.

Edited by aka CAT

Old tyme music from 50 years ago. This is what us old timers listened to in the old days when music first began.

• Like 2

Malcom Mclaren - Buffalo Gals

Murray Head - One Night In Bangkok

• Like 1

• The topic was locked