Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL 2017

BrooklynGuy

Because I had to work at the ass crack of dawn today I was about to turn the game off at the half and then i said "wait its Brady". Then end of the third I said "OK pats dont score here im going to bed" then it was "Ok if the falcons score here im going to bed" Then it was "HOLY **** THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING" and I couldnt have gone to bed if my life depended on it. 

Simply the greatest comeback since Frank Reich. 

One thing that struck me in the 4th quarter is that the moment seemed to catch up to the Falcons. There were a lot of questions about their ability to handle the big stage and they seemed to have answered those questions with their first half dominance but you could see the team tighten up as things moved along while the Pats just kept plodding. 

I am absolutely blown away at the way that Brady cemented his status as GOAT. 

• Like 5

Well after BAMA and the Falcons both lost I'm done with football for awhile. I will not watch another game for 6 months!!

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Well after BAMA and the Falcons both lost I'm done with football for awhile. I will not watch another game for 6 months!!

Weirdly Falcon fans were one of the first things I thought of this morning, my condolences amigo.......but comeon you wont be taking notes while watching  the combine like the rest of us? .......or wait is my wife right and i really do have a problem? You guys do that too right? 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Bama13 said:

Funniest thing about that game was if Hightower (a former Bama player) doesn't cause that turnover the Pats likely run outta time to make the comeback...but giving Brady the ball near the 20 well!

Just figured i would try and comfort you my friend with the irony of it all :lol:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Weirdly Falcon fans were one of the first things I thought of this morning, my condolences amigo.......but comeon you wont be taking notes while watching  the combine like the rest of us? .......or wait is my wife right and i really do have a problem? You guys do that too right? 

Notice I was careful to say that I would not watch another game for six months.

Taking notes during the combine? Man you got the bug worse than I do!

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Funniest thing about that game was if Hightower (a former Bama player) doesn't cause that turnover the Pats likely run outta time to make the comeback...but giving Brady the ball near the 20 well!

Just figured i would try and comfort you my friend with the irony of it all :lol:

Another friend told me the same thing, only you were nicer than he was. Still not sure if he and I are still friends. :unsure:

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Because I had to work at the ass crack of dawn today I was about to turn the game off at the half and then i said "wait its Brady". Then end of the third I said "OK pats dont score here im going to bed" then it was "Ok if the falcons score here im going to bed" Then it was "HOLY **** THIS IS ACTUALLY HAPPENING" and I couldnt have gone to bed if my life depended on it. 

Simply the greatest comeback since Frank Reich. 

One thing that struck me in the 4th quarter is that the moment seemed to catch up to the Falcons. There were a lot of questions about their ability to handle the big stage and they seemed to have answered those questions with their first half dominance but you could see the team tighten up as things moved along while the Pats just kept plodding. 

I am absolutely blown away at the way that Brady cemented his status as GOAT. 

I will never consider a known cheater as GOAT. I'll stick with Montana. Just like I stuck with Aaron over Bonds as the HR king. Of course that is just me. The rest of the world will do as they want without even considering my opinion. :(

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bama13 said:

Another friend told me the same thing, only you were nicer than he was. Still not sure if he and I are still friends. :unsure:

Honestly bud your name flashed through my brain at that moment lol

I couldn't believe after not doing much the whole game a Bama guy turned the tide so to speak!

That was THE play of the game with Edelmans catch a close 2nd!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

I will never consider a known cheater as GOAT. I'll stick with Montana. Just like I stuck with Aaron over Bonds as the HR king. Of course that is just me. The rest of the world will do as they want without even considering my opinion. :(

Honestly i consider Elway the GOAT...Elway didn't have Rice!

Hard to consider if one is the greatest qb ever when most of their career was played with the greatest WR ever...

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, CrimsonKing said:

Honestly i consider Elway the GOAT...Elway didn't have Rice!

Hard to consider if one is the greatest qb ever when most of their career was played with the greatest WR ever...

Elway never won a SB until he had Terrell Davis. He went 2-3 in SB's.

Did Rice make Montana, or Montana make Rice? Montana went 4-0 in SB's.

• Like 5

I know its not a popular opinion around here but I have to concur with the media assertion that Brady is the GOAT. I dont buy the whole deflategate deal and can't be mad about spygate at least not at Brady. 

Anyways watching him plod along last night , in my opinion, he cemented the GOAT title. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

I know its not a popular opinion around here but I have to concur with the media assertion that Brady is the GOAT. I dont buy the whole deflategate deal and can't be mad about spygate at least not at Brady. 

Anyways watching him plod along last night , in my opinion, he cemented the GOAT title. 

So the fact that the balls were deflated, Brady exchanging texts with "the deflator" and then destroying his cell phone didn't convince you that he had something to do with it? I think Belicheat was probably involved too. Oh well, to each his own. 

• Like 4

Just now, Bama13 said:

So the fact that the balls were deflated, Brady exchanging texts with "the deflator" and then destroying his cell phone didn't convince you that he had something to do with it? I think Belicheat was probably involved too. Oh well, to each his own. 

IDK, I dont think the science supports the assertion that anything other than cold ass air lowered the PSI of the balls. All of the other "evidence" aside. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

IDK, I dont think the science supports the assertion that anything other than cold ass air lowered the PSI of the balls. All of the other "evidence" aside. 

Did the see the stats put out by a professor of statistics at Georgetown? He studied the fumble per touch for all 32 NFL teams. Up until 2007 ( the year each team became responsible for maintaining their own footballs) all teams averaged a fumble about every 37 to 44 touches. There were certain outliers each year but relatively stable from 2000-2006. Starting in 2007 every team but one maintained around the same rate. The one team? New England, whose rate went from once every 42 to once every 78 touches. Jerome Bettis, when he picked up an under inflated ball, said that he would never have fumbled carrying that ball.

• Like 4

Just now, Bama13 said:

Did the see the stats put out by a professor of statistics at Georgetown? He studied the fumble per touch for all 32 NFL teams. Up until 2007 ( the year each team became responsible for maintaining their own footballs) all teams averaged a fumble about every 37 to 44 touches. There were certain outliers each year but relatively stable from 2000-2006. Starting in 2007 every team but one maintained around the same rate. The one team? New England, whose rate went from once every 42 to once every 78 touches. Jerome Bettis, when he picked up an under inflated ball, said that he would never have fumbled carrying that ball.

Interesting. Id like to see if he correlated average temperature at gametime to the number of fumbles in any way, id also like to see what the Pack's stats in that same time frame look like. 

Not that im in the business of defending Brady (he went to michigan for christs sake) or Bellicheck. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Bama13 said:

Elway unlike Manning still was a capable qb when he won...

Rice was still playing at a pretty high level long after Montana was retired,even played in another SB ('02)...I think Montana is top 3-5 all time but Rice in my opinion puts a question mark next to his all time status...

I in a way have to agree with Farmer though,Brady has led 10 game winning drives in the postseason which doubles the next closest and exactly half where SB winning drives!

He will always have an asterik next to his #1 ranking,but love him or hate him last night at what 39 years old?he sealed his legacy!

As for numbers outside of SB wins...well there are several who can be considered greater qb's.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bama13 said:

Gee...ONLY 5 AFC championships. The guy should be ashamed.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Yep ONLY 5!!! :lol:

As i said Brady is now the all time greatest SB qb ever,but the all time greatest qb?That's highly up for debate...

But when saying who was the greatest WR in NFL history?...The hardest part of answering that is who is the 2nd best?! ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Pro Football Hall of Fame 2017 class: LaDainian Tomlinson, Kurt Warner headline inductees

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/2/4/14511604/2017-pro-football-nfl-hall-of-fame-class-ladainian-tomlinson-kurt-warner

Its insane that T.O didnt get in. The dude was an ass but he was a dominant force. 

• Like 2

On 2/6/2017 at 4:29 PM, .ZZ. said:

Gee... never said Elway wasn't great. Just, IMO, not as great as Montana.

• Like 2

On 2/6/2017 at 5:29 PM, CrimsonKing said:

Yep ONLY 5!!! :lol:

As i said Brady is now the all time greatest SB qb ever,but the all time greatest qb?That's highly up for debate...

But when saying who was the greatest WR in NFL history?...The hardest part of answering that is who is the 2nd best?! ;)

Cheaters get no credit for winning, ever. Once a cheater, always a cheater. Don't want to be known as a cheater? Simple, don't cheat. Want to be known as a person with integrity, fire any cheaters that work for you. Pretty simple stuff really.

• Like 2

Talked to a friend who is a huge Falcons fan. He asked me when does the pain go away. I told him never. I still remember when Nebraska beat BAMA for the National Championship in 1971. It still hurts.

• Like 3