Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

NFL 2017

BrooklynGuy

7 hours ago, BrooklynGuy said:

Philadelphia had the most obnoxious fans imo. <_<

Some of them were horrendous. The two that hit the horses were Eagles fans. I probably should have specified that. But it's still just a small percentage of the fan base. Most Eagle's fans have been fans for generations. Inner city is inner city no matter where it is. Then I saw some tapes of the women's marches. It's all garbage! What is wrong with people?

• Like 3

All season long ive heard about how natural Tony Romo was in the booth and how good he is. I finally got to hear him call a game last weekend and um wow. 

No lie I got home and found a stream for the game and listening to the announcer I thought to myself  "Did CBS give a college guy a shot since its a stream?" quickly followed by "maybe someone streaming their own commentary?" . Granted I only heard the second half of the game but man he was annoying as hell. 

Anyways I was shocked once I realized it was Jim Nance having to respond to the idiotic voice and it dawned on me that voice was Romo, then I find this today : 

Tony Romo saved his best broadcasting performance of the season for last

So now I have to know, is it just me? Is it because I don't drink? What do you guys think about him? 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

All season long ive heard about how natural Tony Romo was in the booth and how good he is. I finally got to hear him call a game last weekend and um wow. 

No lie I got home and found a stream for the game and listening to the announcer I thought to myself  "Did CBS give a college guy a shot since its a stream?" quickly followed by "maybe someone streaming their own commentary?" . Granted I only heard the second half of the game but man he was annoying as hell. 

Anyways I was shocked once I realized it was Jim Nance having to respond to the idiotic voice and it dawned on me that voice was Romo, then I find this today : 

Tony Romo saved his best broadcasting performance of the season for last

So now I have to know, is it just me? Is it because I don't drink? What do you guys think about him? 

I've heard every game that Romo has called all year. At first I couldn't believe why CBS hired him. His voice is a little shrill for a man (lol) but I've gotten used to him some how. Yes, he is getting better, but during one game he repeated over and over again "Get behind the chains" at least 10 times. He must have got feedback on it because he hasn't said it since.

As I have said recently, I have very little interest in the SB this year. I will keep track of the score for a while, and IF the hated Pats look like they are going to win, I'll tune in the The Puppy Bowl

• Like 3

Just now, .ZZ. said:

I've heard every game that Romo has called all year. At first I couldn't believe why CBS hired him. His voice is a little shrill for a man (lol) but I've gotten used to him some how. Yes, he is getting better, but during one game he repeated over and over again "Get behind the chains" at least 10 times. He must have got feedback on it because he hasn't said it since.

As I have said recently, I have very little interest in the SB this year. I will keep track of the score for a while, and IF the hated Pats look like they are going to win, I'll tune in the The Puppy Bowl

Ok glad its not just me, perhaps he's been graded on a curve then.  I'm glad to hear you think he's improving since CBS seems to be all in on him. 

After the fiasco that was the NFC title game I'm not really excited about the bowl and my wife seems especially burned out on football this year so IDK if ill be watching either. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Ok glad its not just me, perhaps he's been graded on a curve then.  I'm glad to hear you think he's improving since CBS seems to be all in on him. 

After the fiasco that was the NFC title game I'm not really excited about the bowl and my wife seems especially burned out on football this year so IDK if ill be watching either. 

Funny you should mention that.

My wife is the same, she took the whole "take a knee' thing hard. I know we have both given our take on that, so I won't belabor the point. :lol:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

I hope it works out, we all recall what happened the first time with the failures of "rogue" leagues. But the climate is different this time, and it might fly.

How about they assemble a bunch of castoffs and inferior players? If they don't take a knee I'll support them!!

• Like 1

I just wanted to remind people how bad the XFL actually was. Not just the play on the field, but how it was run altogether. Hopefully they learn from this crap.
They had 1,2 and 3 point conversions. Not horrible, but just an added gimmick.

The name for their superbowl was - The big game at the end. They ended up changing it to the Million dollar game.

The way possession was handled. A mad dash to get to the ball first.

Any punt traveling more than 25 yards past the line of scrimmage is a live ball and can be recovered by either team.

Jim Ross and Jerry Lawler were the announcers along with Jesse Ventura and sometimes the Rock.

Nick names on the Jerseys. - Just another thing that made the league seem 3rd rate.

Names like the New Jersey Hitmen

I know that everyone is not like me, but what turned me off was that it seemed worse than Arena ball and made it a point to appeal to wrestling fans instead of football fans.   Too many gimmicks.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Myles said:

I know that everyone is not like me, but what turned me off was that it seemed worse than Arena ball and made it a point to appeal to wrestling fans instead of football fans.   Too many gimmicks.

I'm with you, it was bad football wrapped in bad gimmicks. 

The fact that they're taking a couple of years to get this thing off the ground does give me a little hope things will be different this time around though. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrooklynGuy said:

NFL denies allegations made in sexual harassment civil lawsuit

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22216228

I'm pretty stunned by this. I think the league may have a decent point about her willing participation but considering the alleged amounts of evidence against the accused I figured theyd just fold and pay her off. 

• Like 1

My early pick for the Big Game is JVG's Philadelphia Eagles 24 Bill "Belicheat" Belichick, Tom "The Deflator" Brady and New England Unpatriotics 21. :santa:

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

My early pick for the Big Game is JVG's Philadelphia Eagles 24 Bill "Belicheat" Belichick, Tom "The Deflator" Brady and New England Unpatriotics 21. :santa:

I've noticed that since you're back in NY your posts are very poetic. :lol: Must have more inside time. ;)

• Like 2

Did John Elway develop "touch" on his throws? 

Im watching the Senior Bowl and It seems lately I keep hearing evaluators saying that big armed QB's need to develop better "touch" on their throws and all I can think about is Elway breaking his receivers fingers when he first got to Denver. Now I'm curious, did he develop touch or did the team just learn how to deal with the velocity? 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2018 at 5:38 PM, .ZZ. said:

I've noticed that since you're back in NY your posts are very poetic. :lol: Must have more inside time. ;)

:lol: Yes it's either that or the people next door who smoke out every night, I think some of that hi grade bud is wafting over to our place.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BrooklynGuy said:

:lol: Yes it's either that or the people next door who smoke out every night, I think some of that hi grade bud is wafting over to our place.

Well, you've certainly got my attention.... ;)

• Like 1

Saints’ Cam Jordan sends 108-year-old World War II veteran to the Super Bowl

Lawrence Brooks, a 108-year-old World War II veteran who lives in New Orleans and is a big Saints fan, is getting sent to the Super Bowl courtesy of Jordan, who presented Brooks with a pair of game tickets this week.

“I just thought I’d say thank you for everything you do, your military service back in your younger days. I appreciate everything you do,” Jordan told Brooks, via WGNO.

• Like 2

I have no doubt she's a little princess but that's no excuse to be bad-mouthing a five year old.

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, susieice said:

I have no doubt she's a little princess but that's no excuse to be bad-mouthing a five year old.

Dumb thing for him to do.    His career in that region of the country is over.  

• Like 2