Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Shining

Mick1990LFC

Can't believe the film is like over 30 years old, only watched it for the first time about 5 years ago but it's such a brilliant film, they don't make them like this anymore!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mick1990LFC said:

Can't believe the film is like over 30 years old, only watched it for the first time about 5 years ago but it's such a brilliant film, they don't make them like this anymore!

One of the best horror movies ever made!

Have you watched 'The Making of' ?

I've got it on the DVD, and it's worth watching.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, acute said:

One of the best horror movies ever made!

Have you watched 'The Making of' ?

I've got it on the DVD, and it's worth watching.

I remember watching some kind of documentary about it a while ago, can't remember if it was The Making of though.

I'll have to have a look out for this!

• Like 2

I've just looked on the DVD.

It's a 33-minute extra called 'Making The Shining' and it was made in 1978.

I like the part where hes following her up the stairs

Im gonna bash your brains in...Im gonna bash em the f--- in

classic Nicholson  :D

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mick1990LFC said:

It's a true classic.  I enjoyed the original but 20 years ago a made for TV mini-series was produced and had more input from King himself.  I actually thought it was a better work because it scared the crap out of me where the first one was more of a Jack Nicholson vehicle.  It's well worth watching.  I had every hair  on my body standing up when the little boy goes into the bathroom with the curtain drawn around the tub.

From WiKI:   The creation of this miniseries is attributed to Stephen King's dissatisfaction with director Stanley Kubrick's 1980 film of the same name.[1] In order to receive Kubrick's approval to re-adapt The Shining into a program closer to the original story, King had to agree in writing to eschew his frequent public criticism of Kubrick's film, save for the sole commentary that he was disappointed with Jack Nicholson's portrayal of Jack Torrance as though he had been insane before his arrival at the Overlook Hotel.

• Like 4

lol......i grew up having watched this movie......and a lot of Stephen King.......watch angry birds.....and tell me if you notice the reference to the Shinning.....