Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Just how much trouble is Michael Flynn in?

Claire.

Read his resignation letter...lame, very, very lame.

I mean come on!

Just say the words! "I lied to keep my job"

Hell, even I'm upset. :lol:

• Like 4

The Justice Department concern was raised after Flynn claimed he did not discuss with the Russian ambassador the sanctions being imposed by the Obama administration in retaliation for Russia's interference in the election. Flynn was not yet in government.

The message was delivered by then-Acting Attorney General Sally Yates. Other top intelligence officials, including James Clapper and John Brennan, were in agreement the White House should be alerted about the concerns.

The Washington Post first reported the Justice Department message.

But Flynn was already in hot water. White House press secretary Sean Spicer issued a statement saying President Donald Trump is "evaluating the situation" around Flynn, who is in hot water after possibly misleading Vice President Mike Pence.

Trump, who particularly hates when aides generate negative press, has expressed displeasure with Flynn to aides in recent days, said a source close to the President. Trump and his team are particularly bothered by the possibility that Flynn misrepresented his conversations to Pence.

"The knives are out," the official added, acknowledging that Flynn's future in the White House is hardly a sure thing. "There's a lot of unhappiness about this."

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/13/politics/michael-flynn-donald-trump-white-house/

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I guess. Petraeus' name has come up again... He'd be mistake number two if they went with him.

How many mistresses has Petraeus got left? :lol:

I'm thinking the wheels are coming off...

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Claire. said:

The list includes retired Gen. David Petraeus, who’s scheduled to meet with Trump at the White House this week, according to two people familiar with the plans. Other possibilities: Stephen Hadley, who served as national security adviser under President George W. Bush; Tom Bossert, who also served as a national security aide under Bush and now oversees cybersecurity under Trump; Adm. James Stavridis, dean of the Fletcher School at Tufts; and Department of Homeland Security head John Kelly.

Quoting from an article from POLITICO that I posted earlier in this thread. It lists the replacement candidates under consideration.

edit - Here's the source link: POLITICO

Edited by Claire.
Added source url.
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Claire. said:

Quoting from an article from POLITICO that I posted earlier in this thread. It lists the replacement candidates under consideration.

Add Ret. Army Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg who is now acting national security adviser. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Just plug in another General and hope for the best?

That's what I'd expect. This isn't a Watergate level event. The evidence of any wrongdoing just isn't there. 

Trump will just appoint someone else and keep on writing out those Executive Orders.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DieChecker said:

That's what I'd expect. This isn't a Watergate level event. The evidence of any wrongdoing just isn't there. 

Trump will just appoint someone else and keep on writing out those Executive Orders.

The evidence is there, but going after Flynn under the Logan Act would be an uphill battle.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2017 at 0:48 AM, Raptor Witness said:

The bigger story in this is the likely criminal conspiracy with Donald Tramp.

The intent and motive are very clear.

Tramp is a national disgrace.

Next the brain bug, star ship troopers ...

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Claire. said:

The evidence is there, but going after Flynn under the Logan Act would be an uphill battle.

1jlgvz.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

If he was taking orders then whose orders were they? If a head must roll hopefully not just that of a fall guy.

Oh I see.  That’s not the way I meant it.  His orders were to do his job; to get feelers out there with counterparts.  He was one of the first onboard with Trump so perhaps he was overly loyal to Trump.  It takes time to get an Administration to work well with each other, but the point is now mute now that he has fallen on his own sword.  This is no big deal.  After all, how many Generals did Lincoln go through before he found Grant?

Flynn was also Army not Marines. He is also an Islamophobic DINO.

I am so embarrassed.  He is Airborne.  I think of him as a Marine.  He is definitely not Islamophobic, if you spend time listening to him.  He is one of the few that have spent time up close and personal with Islam.  His book is one of the best on the subject.  When you’re a SME and you share your concerns doesn’t make one xenophobic.

Hopefully Trump did not tell him to call Russia over dinner and now expects him to take a bullet for him...

As I said before, Trump probably gave him the go ahead to start building his contact list.  When he talked to Kislyak, got him to talk about things he was not ready to discuss.  Do you think that if Putin had interfered with our elections that he would allow an ambassador to threaten that investment?

We know Trump does not always work using official lines but through twitter policy and supper diplomacy. (See the Lax Security Thread).

The MSM is corrupt and twists everything Trump does or says and if they can’t get any thing to use, will invent stuff.  Trump can reach the people via twitter without it being filtered by the MSM.  Do you really think it less likely that a security leak would occur with the MSM?  If it were to happen, they would plaster it all over every TV station and newspaper and claim that Trump is a threat to this nation.  Journalism is dead.  I would trust Trump to keep secrets and not release something via twitter.

• Like 2

Wow!  A small bump in the road and the Progs are all over it like flies on crap.  Just a word to the wise, you better enjoy it now because when the Trump Administration gets their sea legs, their will be nothing but wailing and gnashing of teeth.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Add Ret. Army Lt. Gen. Keith Kellogg who is now acting national security adviser. 

Just a day after Trump spent the weekend at the Post mansion.   Something is cereally wrong here.

• Like 4

It would appear that some Russians are not at all happy with Flynn's resignation, and consider it a blow to US-Russia relations.

Russian lawmakers rush to the defense of Trump’s ex-national security adviser.

Leading Russian lawmakers rushed to defend President Trump’s former national security adviser on Tuesday after he resigned for misleading senior White House officials, including Vice President Pence, about his contacts with Russia.

The heads of the foreign affairs committees in both Russia’s upper and lower houses of parliament chalked up Michael Flynn’s resignation to a dark campaign of Russophobia in Washington, and said it would undermine relations between the White House and the Kremlin.

Read more: The Washington Post

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RavenHawk said:

Wow!  A small bump in the road and the Progs are all over it like flies on crap.  Just a word to the wise, you better enjoy it now because when the Trump Administration gets their sea legs, their will be nothing but wailing and gnashing of teeth.

This stuff happens all the time in government, it's just that the far left are still trying to stop Trump from governing by any means possible. It's not going to work and it isn't going to play well in all those red states that cost the Democrats the election.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Claire. said:

It would appear that some Russians are not at all happy with Flynn's resignation, and consider it a blow to US-Russia relations.

That is very cavalier, or maybe cossackian, of them to pretend as if they have any say on American internal affairs.

Maybe Flynn was really their man or they are using the illusion of that to cause division in our society and sentiment. 

Where is Shia and his art project when we need it but this time for Putin.

"He will not divide us." 

• Like 3

Tramp conspired with this hypocrit. Watch him take the fifth if Congress drags him up the Hill.

If they dare.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

This stuff happens all the time in government, it's just that the far left are still trying to stop Trump from governing by any means possible. It's not going to work and it isn't going to play well in all those red states that cost the Democrats the election.

LOL...sorry, what has this got to do with the Left??  This was YOUR guy.  Picked by YOUR guy.  hahaha...  Looking forward to the Right's defense of the new Mara Lago Entertainment Happy Hour, aka American Top Secret Situation Room...at Trump's private club's patio, in front of crowd of rich folks.  This really is the gift that keeps on giving...

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/13/what-was-trump-thinking-using-his-private-clubs-patio-as-a-situation-room.html

Keeping it classy!!  (or at least entertaining)  :) 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, OldNate said:

LOL...sorry, what has this got to do with the Left??  This was YOUR guy.  Picked by YOUR guy. hahaha...  Looking forward to the Right's defense of the new Mara Lago Entertainment Happy Hour, aka American Top Secret Situation Room...at Trump's private club's patio, in front of crowd of rich folks.  This really is the gift that keeps on giving...

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2017/02/13/what-was-trump-thinking-using-his-private-clubs-patio-as-a-situation-room.html

Keeping it classy!!  (or at least entertaining)  :) 

You ARE new here aren't you?

Lilly has always been fair in her posts about Trump and has not avoided criticizing him.

I think you are way off base here.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

You ARE new here aren't you?

Lilly has always been fair in her posts about Trump and has not avoided criticizing him.

I think you are way off base here.

Really...so maybe you can explain to me how the Left is responsible for this donut?  Maybe they all ganged up on him and *made* him buddy up to the Russians and lie about it?  Tell me how that scenario plays out...hehe...

Not criticizing Lilly's past posts at all, simply trying to figure out how the Left gets blamed here. 

Edited by OldNate
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, OldNate said:

LOL...sorry, what has this got to do with the Left??  This was YOUR guy.  Picked by YOUR guy.  hahaha... 

Uh...I'm not a Republican and I didn't vote for Trump (I'm a Libertarian) 

Flynn screwed up and that's why he resigned. My comment about 'the left' is how they're trying to say that this somehow means Trump is 'unsuitable' and how this will be used to further obstruct him putting together his team.

Some facts to ponder: On day #1 Obama has 7 of his cabinet picks passed. It's now day #25 for Trump and he's at 9.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

1jlgvz.jpg

Logan act is the least of his worries IMO. If the Intel investigations move forward it may be a lot worse.  

Russia was trying to influence our election. Flynn received money from Russia for Russian TV appearance etc and was communicating prior and during the campaign. He went to a dinner with Putnim. 

Intel people are said to have warned Trump that the Russians could blackmail Flynn. 

Flynn is experienced Intel and had to have intent when he discussed sanctions with embassador because he would have known when the Obama sanctions were in place.  

Since he has ties to Russia there should be a full bipartisan investigation into the links of Russian attempts to compromise our election. 

That's the big issue for Flynn and who else knew, that turned a blind eye and or condoned the Russian influences.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Flynn screwed up and that's why he resigned. My comment about 'the left' is how they're trying to say that this somehow means Trump is 'unsuitable' and how this will be used to further obstruct him putting together his team.

Some facts to ponder: On day #1 Obama has 7 of his cabinet picks passed. It's now day #25 for Trump and he's at 9.

I don't think most of the outcry is against Trump but most of the nominees themselves and their past and present views on the issues. 

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Sorry, made an assumption, forgot about the Libertarian contingency in the states, you guys flip pretty much everyone the bird, but at least I can respect you for your consistency.

But, it does raise the question:  if Trump is the guy picking these people, and the quality of them is proving to be, well, what it is, isn't it the responsibility of all citizens to do what they can to obstruct him?  Everything out of the POTUS office has been garbage, and it's barely begun.  Of anyone, I would think a Libertarian would be outraged...or is it just that you dislike the Left more?  Again, it's not their fault that Trump is picking these losers, I'm sure the Left would have picked almost anyone else. 

• Like 4

Candidates for Cabinet posts are typically pre-vetted before their names are even announced. But that didn't happen this time. There are ar least two Cabinet-level picks that still haven't completed the vetting process, not to mention the numerous other lower level appointments that require Senate approval. So that enormous delay is the fault of the Republicans, not the Democrats. Furthermore, It also doesn't help that Trump selected a number of candidates who had little or no experience in the agencies they would be responsible for managing. Indeed, in some cases the nominees had actively worked against the mission of their respective agencies. So um yeah, of course the selection of those candidates would, and should, be challenged.

Edited by Claire.
Grammatical correction.
  • Like 3

Guest MamaMia1981

Just watched some Dems do a press conference.  They want to have a public hearing for Flynn to get to the bottom of it.....there was some insinuation that Trump knew about the phone call(s).  This could get super messy....if Trump gets impeached, Pence is the next man on deck, correct?