Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Claire.

Just how much trouble is Michael Flynn in?

279 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

DieChecker

I think Trump's going to give Flynn a pass on this one.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.

Here's the latest:

Flynn seen as standing on thin ice.

Michael Flynn's position as President Trump’s national security adviser appeared to be in peril on Monday as Democrats stepped up their attacks and the White House remained stonily silent.

Trump was not asked about Flynn at a joint press conference with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, a circumstance that seemed orchestrated by the White House.
Reports circulated that Flynn was on “thin ice,” according to CNN, while one administration official told The Washington Post that the “knives are out” for the adviser.

Smelling blood, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called the revelation that Flynn spoke about sanctions with the Russian ambassador to the U.S. before Trump took office — and then allegedly misled Vice President Pence about it — “proof he should not be entrusted with our national security.”

Meanwhile, reports of turmoil at the National Security Council gave further ammunition to longtime critics of Flynn who believe him to be a loose cannon.

Read more: The Hill

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore

Maybe the Flynn-flam-man can share a cell with Snowdunce once Puttin-n-pie gifts him to Trumplestiltskin.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
RavenHawk

Flynn didn't talk to Kislyak as a private citizen.  He was talking to him as the incoming NSA Advisor.  In other words, he was doing his job.  With the $-hit going on, if you wait for day one, you are already in the hole.  He was just taking Trump’s lead.  If they discussed sanctions, so what?  There is no crime here, only Fake News.  The real story is did Flynn lie to Pense?  Was it intentional or was Flynn not sure of his new duties?  Flynn reports to Trump, not Pense.  This is something between Pense and Flynn.  If they can work it out, the team will be stronger for it.  We need Flynn in the role of NSA Advisor.  If you know anything about Flynn, he is a Maverick.  He is a Marine General.  He’ll follow orders to the letter.  If there are grey areas, he will take the initiative and do what needs to be done.  That is good.  That doesn’t make him corrupt.  The ones screaming for his removal are the most corrupt.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.

White House searching for potential replacements for Flynn.

President Donald Trump's adviser and son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is involved in a search for candidates to replace Michael Flynn, according to sources close to the administration, even as the president’s senior advisers publicly continue to send mixed signals about the fate of the embattled national security adviser.

“They are trying to figure out the solution to Flynn right now,” said one of the sources. “The problem is they don’t have it yet. They need to get a solution. You can’t have a firing without an immediate replacement. You need a plan.”

The list includes retired Gen. David Petraeus, who’s scheduled to meet with Trump at the White House this week, according to two people familiar with the plans. Other possibilities: Stephen Hadley, who served as national security adviser under President George W. Bush; Tom Bossert, who also served as a national security aide under Bush and now oversees cybersecurity under Trump; Adm. James Stavridis, dean of the Fletcher School at Tufts; and Department of Homeland Security head John Kelly.

Read more: POLITICO

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
53 minutes ago, RavenHawk said:

Flynn didn't talk to Kislyak as a private citizen.  He was talking to him as the incoming NSA Advisor.  In other words, he was doing his job.  With the $-hit going on, if you wait for day one, you are already in the hole.  He was just taking Trump’s lead.  If they discussed sanctions, so what?  There is no crime here, only Fake News.  The real story is did Flynn lie to Pense?  Was it intentional or was Flynn not sure of his new duties?  Flynn reports to Trump, not Pense.  This is something between Pense and Flynn.  If they can work it out, the team will be stronger for it.  We need Flynn in the role of NSA Advisor.  If you know anything about Flynn, he is a Maverick.  He is a Marine General.  He’ll follow orders to the letter.  If there are grey areas, he will take the initiative and do what needs to be done.  That is good.  That doesn’t make him corrupt.  The ones screaming for his removal are the most corrupt.

If he was taking orders then whose orders were they? If a head must roll hopefully not just that of a fall guy.

Flynn was also Army not Marines. He is also an Islamophobic DINO.

Hopefully Trump did not tell him to call Russia over dinner and now expects him to take a bullet for him...

We know Trump does not always work using official lines but through twitter policy and supper diplomacy. (See the Lax Security Thread).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gunn

Makes me wonder if they're going to do the same thing to Flynn as they did to Lewandowski.
 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.

Don't you just know he is in trouble...he got the "kiss of death"

Quote

  Kellyanne Conway, said in an interview on MSNBC that Flynn had the “full confidence of the president.”

Link

Edit: That quote was already posted in Claire's above. :huh:

Edited by .ZZ.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore

Michael Flynn has resigned.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.
9 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Michael Flynn has resigned.

You were quick off the mark. Not much detail out yet, just brief announcements. The following article should be expanded on shortly.

Trump national security adviser Flynn resigns in controversy over Russian contacts.

President Donald Trump's national security adviser, Michael Flynn, resigned on Monday night in the midst of a raging controversy about his contacts with Russian officials before Trump took office, a White House official said.

Retired General Keith Kellogg, who has been the chief of staff at the National Security Council, has been named acting national security adviser.

Read more: Reuters

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.

CNN is all over it now...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
4 minutes ago, Claire. said:

You were quick off the mark. Not much detail out yet, just brief announcements. The following article should be expanded on shortly.

 

 

Was watching local CBS newscast and they announced it lol

Here is his resignation letter.

I almost want to believe what he  says in the end about the current administration.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamato
16 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Michael Flynn has resigned.

Good riddance.   The White House looks like it's in big, big trouble.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
11 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

CNN is all over it now...

Haha my father refuses to watch CNN and always gripes on restaurants and other places that have it on. He is a Fox man.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.

I'm wondering whether if they gave Flynn the option of resigning instead of getting fired. Regardless, we had to see this, or the other scenario coming.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
13 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I'm wondering whether if they gave Flynn the option of resigning instead of getting fired. Regardless, we had to see this, or the other scenario coming.

Have the Russian sanctions been lifted? Perhaps Flynn is covering for Trump because if it leads back to Trump violating the sanctions himself by ordering another it would be a quick exit for El Presidente.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.
2 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Have the Russian sanctions been lifted? Perhaps Flynn is covering for Trump because if it leads back to Trump violating the sanction himself it would be a quick exit for El Presidente.

No they haven't been lifted but they did alter sanctions against companies doing business with Russia's domestic intelligence agency. But that was something that needed to be done.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore

Weird how this was between Pence and Flynn with Bannon and Trump being eerily silent about it all.

image1_4_copy.jpg

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
17 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Haha my father refuses to watch CNN and always gripes on restaurants and other places that have it on. He is a Fox man.

I watch all the major networks.

I mostly watch CNN to get my blood boiling.

Right now Don Lemon is so excited he is breathless!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
17 minutes ago, Claire. said:

I'm wondering whether if they gave Flynn the option of resigning instead of getting fired. Regardless, we had to see this, or the other scenario coming.

"What did the president know, and when did he know it?"

Shades of Watergate.

I'll be honest, this is bad.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.
3 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Weird how this was between Pence and Flynn with Bannon and Trump being eerily silent about it all.

It makes sense for them to go into bunker mode whilst they try to figure out what to do and/or what to say.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
3 minutes ago, Claire. said:

It makes sense for them to go into bunker mode whilst they try to figure out what to do and/or what to say.

Just plug in another General and hope for the best?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.
2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

"What did the president know, and when did he know it?"

Shades of Watergate.

I'll be honest, this is bad.

It appears that Flynn truly misled Pence and other WH officials. I don't know, however, how much Trump knew about the call or whether he instructed Flynn to make it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Claire.
2 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Just plug in another General and hope for the best?

I guess. Petraeus' name has come up again... He'd be mistake number two if they went with him.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.