Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Mysterious Healed Scar

Kat58

I woke up with pain like burning on my back but didn't think much of it. It didn't go away after a couple of days so I looked in the mirror and there was a 2in scar with no scar tissue that was healed. No scab no nothing I freaked out and showed my girls and my boyfriend and they said it's definitely a scar and were freaked out too. It's impossible I had no surgery there ever or any accident. I had gone to the Doc and showed her she said it was definitely a scar from some kind of surgery. I told her I never had any surgery there ever. She acted like I was lying but I wasn't.  Has this ever happened to anyone please comment. Won't let me insert a pic 

13 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

I woke up with pain like burning on my back but didn't think much of it. It didn't go away after a couple of days so I looked in the mirror and there was a 2in scar with no scar tissue that was healed. No scab no nothing I freaked out and showed my girls and my boyfriend and they said it's definitely a scar and were freaked out too. It's impossible I had no surgery there ever or any accident. I had gone to the Doc and showed her she said it was definitely a scar from some kind of surgery. I told her I never had any surgery there ever. She acted like I was lying but I wasn't.  Has this ever happened to anyone please comment. Won't let me insert a pic 

What is it about your mysterious scar that led you doctor to believe it was surgical? Were there signs of suturing?

• Like 3

You can upload a photo using a site like photobucket.

where on your back is it located? 

• Like 2

I find it hard to believe thats what a doctor what would say .   If he thinks its from 'some kind of '  surgery .... he should be able to say what kind of surgery it was . 

• Like 4

Welcome to UM Kat :st Please, take time to read the site rules, check out some threads, and enjoy your time here on UM :tu:

A couple questions... I'm not sure what you mean by a scar with no scar tissue? As in a long faded looking scar or recently healed and a fresh scar with no remaining scab tissue from the healing process or what? How long ago did this happen, and how long after it happened did you see the doctor?

• Like 3

This doesn't make much sense. 

A scar is scar tissue.  Fibrous connective tissue.  

• Like 4

Doctor would known whatbtype of surgery you had by looking at your medical past and not just "surgery"

• Like 2

On 2/12/2017 at 3:51 PM, back to earth said:

I find it hard to believe thats what a doctor what would say .   If he thinks its from 'some kind of '  surgery .... he should be able to say what kind of surgery it was . 

On 2/13/2017 at 5:51 PM, SecretSanta said:

I hope Kat58 comes back and answers some questions and posts the photo. 

There are no suture marks it's like a big gouge deep and healed. When I try to post the photo it says it's too big what do I do? And yeah the Doc didn't believe I didn't have anything done i sware I didn't!

On 2/13/2017 at 6:38 AM, Mr.United_Nations said:

Doctor would known whatbtype of surgery you had by looking at your medical past and not just "surgery"

I just posted pic it's weird tell me what you think

On 2/12/2017 at 3:37 PM, Claire. said:

What is it about your mysterious scar that led you doctor to believe it was surgical? Were there signs of suturing?

Posted pic tell me what you think

On 2/13/2017 at 6:38 AM, Mr.United_Nations said:

There's nothing in my past I posted pic

On 2/12/2017 at 5:52 PM, The Butler said:

This doesn't make much sense. 

A scar is scar tissue.  Fibrous connective tissue.  

I don't know what to call it it's like a gouge thats healed it happened about a month ago the pic was 2days after I felt the pain I posted a pic

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

I just posted pic it's weird tell me what you think

Its a scar but not from a sugery, are you laying something sharp when laying down when that scar appeared? Like a bed spring? 

• Like 1

It's a scar alright but it doesn't look like any surgery scar I've ever seen before. So if your doctor said it was from a surgery what exactly would have been done/removed/repaired during this surgery? It's in a weird spot for surgery unless it was some type of dermatological surgery. 

• Like 3

As someone else has mentioned it does look like a dermatological surgery scar. I've seen similar scarring when a mole or other epidermal mass is removed. Not saying that's what it is, just saying that's what it looks like.

Did it look like that the next day or was it scabby when you woke up?

• Like 2

Not to be rude but it looks like a normal scar after stitches have been removed and it's healed. I have one on my arm, which is from when I got 4 stitches after catching my arm on our front gate.

It does look almost identical to the scar my son has from a mole removal. Deeper tissue removal, and I can see what appears to be three suture marks on the right hand side.

Edited by Kismit
  • Like 4

38 minutes ago, SecretSanta said:

It's a scar alright but it doesn't look like any surgery scar I've ever seen before. So if your doctor said it was from a surgery what exactly would have been done/removed/repaired during this surgery? It's in a weird spot for surgery unless it was some type of dermatological surgery. 

No surgery she said that's what it looked like I don't think so I don't know why I bothered showing her anyway. What do you think it is I'm freaked about it?

7 minutes ago, Kat58 said:

No surgery she said that's what it looked like I don't think so I don't know why I bothered showing her anyway.

On 12.2.2017 at 9:21 PM, Kat58 said:

I had gone to the Doc and showed her she said it was definitely a scar from some kind of surgery.

So I think we can agree on surgery scar.

Edited by toast
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kismit said:

It does look almost identical to the scar my son has from a mole removal. Deeper tissue removal, and I can see what appears to be three suture marks on the right hand side.

Yep ... clear as a bell !  

It also looks like the incision came apart at the skin surface  as well , during the healing . 

Edited by back to earth
  • Like 1