Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Emergency Kittens Thread

Daughter of the Nine Moons

d2daac242970c250f3fe885a8140d3fd.jpg?418

• Like 8

serveimage?url=https%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fboingboing.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2016%2F11%2F03-q9naXYa.jpg%3Fresize%3D605%252C870&sp=99d757df9590e14d17575f77dea6b7d0

• Like 6

silly-cat-memes-2.jpg

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, XenoFish said:

aEGnz1N_700b.jpg

Amateur...no selfie-stick!!

• Like 3

I've wondered a bit about this behaviour with many cats and their absolute, and blatant, refusal to walk on a leash. I haven't tried with any of the cats I have had, but if you look around there is endless accounts of owner seeing their cat just turn to jelly, like they have no bones in their body, and drop to the ground and feign death. I know that most cats are very independent and headstrong, and only do things when it pleases them. But these drama charades i.e. dropping to the ground like a wet towel, and rather be dragged around than walk along, is equally puzzling as it is amusing. But it stops being fun when the owner try to force the cat to walk by dragging them outside on rugged grounds, or like a stony walkway for long stretches. That can't be particularly comfortable for them, and can even hurt them. But dragging them along for a few meters inside, on the kitchen, or the living room floor, doesn't hurt them.

The strange thing though, is that they stay "dead", not just only when you try to walk with them, or pull the leash, but they stay this way until the millisecond you take off the leash & harness - then they take off like greased lightning.

I have never seen a more blatant refusal from an animal to conform to something, than from these cats. I've heard though that some dogs refuse leashes as well, but not to this extent, as well as I've heard/seen some cats that have no problem with a leash, but those are a minority.

Some of you might have seen this first video before, but it is a perfect example of what I described here above.

Just watch it - hilarious!! :D

Here's some compilations:

This guy is smart about it, and have quite a few tips for those who are trying to make their cat be comfortable with a harness & a leash.

• Like 2

Trading Places:

Edited by EllJay
  • Like 5

On 5/11/2017 at 6:19 PM, Claire. said:

LTUvVMZ.jpgmr spock

• Like 1

On 2017-05-12 at 1:19 AM, Claire. said:

LTUvVMZ.jpg

This is a stuffed toy, right?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EllJay said:

This is a stuffed toy, right?

It looks it, doesn't it, but it's a real little munchkin.

• Like 2

One of my 'ridiculous worries' is that I might accidentally post on the wrong thread.

• Like 3