Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepypasta Sightings?

Ticci Toby

43 minutes ago, Lobelia said:

i am just saying you never know if he mite be out there

We create our own mystical creatures with our own minds. If you see it, it is strictly through the power of suggestion. Your own or somebody else's.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Lobelia said:

you never know:P

See, that's just it.. we do know. Creepypastas are fictional. It's like saying "you never know" about someone seeing Stokers Dracula. We do know, because Stokers Dracula is a fictional character. With Ticci Toby, it's a fictional character that's a spin off of another fictional character- like how Buffy the Vampire Slayer had a spinoff Angel, or how Walking Dead has spun Fear the Walking Dead.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Lobelia said:

All right by by haters don't judge my beliefs:st 

No hating, just honesty. Didn't realize this was a matter of literal belief for you. Rather thought that given the emote you gave with your response that perchance you were playing Devil's Advocate there.

But if you stick around and check out some threads, you will find there is a whole spectrum of beliefs here on UM from the most ardent believers to the most critical skeptics and such.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Lobelia said:

All right by by haters don't judge my beliefs:st 

Are you seriously going to leave because someone challenges your beliefs? Seriously? If you stick around you might learn something. 

• Like 2

On 30/01/2018 at 6:30 PM, Piney said:

We create our own mystical creatures with our own minds. If you see it, it is strictly through the power of suggestion. Your own or somebody else's.

I completely agree with this explanation for sightings of Slender Man, the Hatman, and similar fictional characters.

I believe in individual and mass manifestations, created both psychically and psychologically.

A similar thing to a Thoughtform.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, acute said:

I completely agree with this explanation for sightings of Slender Man, the Hatman, and similar fictional characters.

I believe in individual and mass manifestations, created both psychically and psychologically.

I do too. But I try to post things that are proven fact. I like to keep my opinion on spiritual matters to myself if possible. It's a Indian thing 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Piney said:

I do too. But I try to post things that are proven fact. I like to keep my opinion on spiritual matters to myself if possible. It's a Indian thing 

I came out of the 'spiritual closet' many years ago, and I don't see any point in shutting myself back in. :lol:

No one has to believe anyone on here.

• Like 3

Just now, acute said:

I came out of the 'spiritual closet' many years ago, and I don't see any point in shutting myself back in. :lol:

No one has to believe anyone on here.

But we don't know one another in real-time so nobody can prove anything.

• Like 2

I mean a lot of sightings of any kind of fictional or paranormal creature have their origins in

4 hours ago, acute said:

Yeah I mean there's a lot of evidence about folklore affecting people to the point of people thinking or hallucinating encounters with them. And since Creepypasta is modern folklore it would not be outside the realm of possibility for somebody somewhere to imagine/hallucinate/dream up an encounter with any of the various characters that populate them, especially once a character reaches well-known status, such as Slenderman or the Rake.

If we want to go into other, more far out theories we could consider manifestations/glimpses of beings from other planes of existence being influenced by our subconscious. Like, if we consider that a possibility, there would be the further possibility that somebody, for whatever reason, is able to briefly perceive a malevolent creature/being/entity from outside the physical realm, as the brain struggles to process something that's normally not perceivable by poor humans it might draw on familiar concepts that correspond to that malvolence. A religious, christian person might "see" (process the perception) as Satan while the brain of a UFO enthusiast might translate it into ideas of an "evil" Reptilian from the Moon and someone who reads a lot about Creepy Pastas might get the idea that they have encountered Slenderman. 

• Like 3

Has anyone had an encounter with Darth Vader?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rlyeh said:

Apparently, there have been people who have had sleep paralysis type encounters that were Vader-like. 

• Like 3

I've seen plenty of slender men. Slenderman, on the other hand, is entirely fictional.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/14/2017 at 9:30 PM, SecretSanta said:

They're stories, pure fiction. FAKE-O-RAMA! 

Maybe even FAKE-O-TOP RAMEN

Sorry I couldn't resist it...

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not aware of any actual Slenderman sightings myself, only people saying that there have been Slenderman sightings. The idea of people seeing Slenderman in real life dates back to the original (fictional) Slenderman stories as a way to make them feel more real. Are people mistaking this 9 year old fiction for reality or did a real person claim to see "Slenderman" at some point?

• 11 months later...

So I do believe in them and I swear I've seen a couple of them, but my friends just say I'm hallucinating. So I'm on a hunt for proof. If you guys find anything, please tell me, my email is *snip*        I've been a little concerned, every night I get knocks on my window, a shape of a person outlined through my curtains. The knocks always start up around midnight. I might just be paranoid but I always constantly hear, feel, and see someone behind me. Also, does anyone know a way to get rid of the voices in your head? Has anyone ever woke up and seen something or someone standing in the corner of your room? I do, all the time, they're always way too tall and hunched over in the corner and every time I try to get a better look or I try to go to it all the dim lights I keep on flicker out and I hear some type of... Laugh??? Then it disappears. 

Edited by rashore
removed personal information

2 hours ago, Miss Operator said:

So I do believe in them and I swear I've seen a couple of them, but my friends just say I'm hallucinating. So I'm on a hunt for proof. If you guys find anything, please tell me, my email is *snip*        I've been a little concerned, every night I get knocks on my window, a shape of a person outlined through my curtains. The knocks always start up around midnight. I might just be paranoid but I always constantly hear, feel, and see someone behind me. Also, does anyone know a way to get rid of the voices in your head? Has anyone ever woke up and seen something or someone standing in the corner of your room? I do, all the time, they're always way too tall and hunched over in the corner and every time I try to get a better look or I try to go to it all the dim lights I keep on flicker out and I hear some type of... Laugh??? Then it disappears. 

It sounds like a "Thought Form".  A creation of your subconscious.  A "Mind Monkey" who can't hurt you and you can't make go away yourself.

What substances do you need to be on to see fictional characters?  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Miss Operator said:

Do you go look out the window when you hear the knocking? Have you considered setting up a camera? 

I would suggest you google hypnopompic/hypnagogic hallucinations. This may be what you’re experiencing upon waking.

I’m concerned about the voices in your head...have you talked to anyone about this? 

• Thanks 1

On 2/3/2018 at 1:03 PM, Rlyeh said:

Glad you mentioned that...I saw him in my toast this morning...!:lol: And as for the OP, better put some fertilizer on that skin of yours so it will grow thicker or your going to stay offended around here....:D

Edited by Alien Origins
  • Like 1