Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Creepypasta Sightings?

Ticci Toby

Have you guys ever had any creepypasta experiences or sightings? I mean, I've had before...and they are really creepy. I believe they are real...:blink:

• Like 4

On Tuesday, February 14, 2017 at 8:31 PM, Ticci Toby said:

Have you guys ever had any creepypasta experiences or sightings? I mean, I've had before...and they are really creepy. I believe they are real...:blink:

Get off the internet, too much internet 

• Like 5

Real? No, certainly not as described.

But like most urban folklore, of which creepypasta and other internet legends are a modern extension of, there is usually the tiniest kernel of truth to them.

Don't take that to mean that there is a multi-dimensional being running around driving people insane. We know the orgins of that one. The less glamorized stories though (usually involving the horrors found on a discarded hard drive) may have something to them.

• Like 2

Only creepy pasta i saw was ketchup on egg nodles and they caling it zita lol,BUT I NEVER HEARD OF THIS ?? Plz explain

Edited by coolguy
  • Like 3

I agree with DecoNoir in that a lot of them may have a small thread of truth to them. Take Slenderman for example. It seems as if he is based on a german belief known as Der Grossman, which literally means the tall man. Same thing, different country. Real or not I don't know, but he's been around for a long time in Germany, and he's very similar to slenderman. Just google it. Oh,and since no one answered coolguy, creepy pasta is simply a website where ordinary people can write and post their own scary stories, but you probably already know that since you posted your question a while ago. lol.

Edited by Future ghost
adding
  • Like 2

I dunno about you guys, but I think angel-hair spaghetti is pretty creepy...

• Like 2

On 3/3/2017 at 11:13 PM, Future ghost said:

I agree with DecoNoir in that a lot of them may have a small thread of truth to them. Take Slenderman for example. It seems as if he is based on a german belief known as Der Grossman, which literally means the tall man. Same thing, different country. Real or not I don't know, but he's been around for a long time in Germany, and he's very similar to slenderman. Just google it. Oh,and since no one answered coolguy, creepy pasta is simply a website where ordinary people can write and post their own scary stories, but you probably already know that since you posted your question a while ago. lol.

"Der Grossman" is not an actual German legend. It was invented entirely as part of the Slenderman mythos. Let me make clear that Slenderman has no basis in actual mythology. Claims of similar figures are just fiction that both enhances the backstory of the character and gives a perceived legitimacy.

Edited by Carnoferox
  • Like 6

The same goes with any other Creepypasta character. They are complete works of fiction with no basis in reality. I personally find it distressing that some people believe they are real and become so obsessed with them, and can't just appreciate them as scary made-up stories.

• Like 3

I had never heard the term creepypasta before.  

After looking it up, I'm confused what the thread creator is asking.   Is she asking if we've seen the slenderman?   

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Carnoferox said:

"Der Grossman" is not an actual German legend. It was invented entirely as part of the Slenderman mythos. Let me make clear that Slenderman has no basis in actual mythology. Claims of similar figures are just fiction that both enhances the backstory of the character and gives a perceived legitimacy.

I think the point I was trying to make was lost .What I should have said is that many different countries have a myth that can resemble slenderman. If  someone writes a fake story about the wendigo,( native amercan myth, kind of similar to slenderman I guess),will there be numerous sightings of it? probably. I simply meant that it not at all unbelievable that the author of a fictional story may look to past myths,legends, or folklore  to get ideas or make their character more believable. About 25 years ago I visited Germany, and was driving by the Black Forest with my cousins. I made some comment about how truly dark it was, but really beautiful too. One of them said something to the affect of strange things living in there, and how one should never enter it. I didn't argue, and we drove on. This was way before slenderman had even been heard of here, so there is some superstition associated with that forest. I didn't ask them exactly what they meant because of our language barriers, now I wish I would have. And , about a possible thread of truth to some of the stories- well, laughing jack is a clown, and we all know they do exist (and are incredibly creepy), but should people believe this particular one is real? ummm, no. none of these characters are, and anyone that thinks so should have a mental evaluation. Btw, back to clowns- last year around Halloween there were numerous creepy clown sightings in my state and others, too, I think. They would appear at night and usaully carry some kind of weapon. people were being chased by them, and it was all over the news. I know they were just people playing pranks, BUT WHY CLOWNS??!!!!  I would probably rather see slenderman for real than that!  I usually never lock my car for the night because I live in the country, but I made it a habit after hearing that. The last thing I need is for some freaky a$$ clown popping up in my backseat, even if it is only a person in a costume. The ensuing heart attack would not be worth it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I had never heard the term creepypasta before.  

After looking it up, I'm confused what the thread creator is asking.   Is she asking if we've seen the slenderman?   

I think she means any creepy pasta characters at all, ever.

• Like 1

I think the starer-in-the elevator is possessing people again. 

Don't look at me and I know you were because I was looking at you!

Also the wide-eyed-French-kisser is stealing souls through awkward humor.

A sighting of actual cloud-entities was posted here recently. They are taking our cloud gazing fancies and replacing them with these sky elementals more menacing than sylphs.

What about hat man who sometimes has a black dog nearby? Standing outside your house?

Or the car parked along a block as you by and peer extra close to discover their faces are Featureless not human. They also have hats on.

The fictional Mydraal of WoT creeped me out.

There is also a mysterious racer who shows up to race you and always wins but is never seen again but later on a story pops up he passed through another town? And then another.

Edited by I hide behind words
  • Like 2

The black eyed children have featured on creepy-pasta a few times, funny enough this is a legend that has circulated all over different parts of the country for years far before creepy pasta existed. Makes you wonder if any truth in that story? 

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

I find it extremely creepy that there are so many people that can't tell the difference between fiction made for entertainment and reality!! These people are even scarier than the people that assault actors based on the actions of the characters that they portrayed. These people are a lot more frightening that any silly monster created by any writer. Reality is always wilder and more horrifying than fiction! 

• Like 3

The only chance anything from Creepypasta has of being "real" is if someone emulates the actions of something that they read on the internet.

Creepypastas are not real but i wouldnt be surprised if real life events has been the start of some of them, kinda like Ed Gein and how texas chainsaw massacre was based on him but obviously made to be more over the top etc etc.

Creepy pasta is a site where people make up stories together, creating a new myths, and they are all make-believe but some resemble existing legends and stories, whether by accident or design B)

• Like 1

On 5/24/2017 at 0:41 PM, Baldylocks said:

Creepypastas are not real but i wouldnt be surprised if real life events has been the start of some of them, kinda like Ed Gein and how texas chainsaw massacre was based on him but obviously made to be more over the top etc etc.

It's sort of the other way around. People believe in something so strongly that they actually see it. 

• Like 1

Real or not (NOT) that Russian sleep experiment story freaked me out for a long time

On 07/03/2017 at 8:14 PM, Future ghost said:

. About 25 years ago I visited Germany, and was driving by the Black Forest with my cousins. I made some comment about how truly dark it was, but really beautiful too. One of them said something to the affect of strange things living in there, and how one should never enter it. I didn't argue, and we drove on. This was way before slenderman had even been heard of here, so there is some superstition associated with that forest. I didn't ask them exactly what they meant because of our language barriers, now I wish I would have.

They were probably just making a joke. I grew up in Germany and Austria and while older folks there (especially in the Catholic regions) tend to be very religious, superstition and believe in things like ghosts, spirits and otherworldly beings actually tends to be less widespread and serious there than in places like, for example the US, in my experience at least.

And people definitely enter the Black Forest. There are villages inside the Black Forest, roads and trains go through it, large parts of it are used for industry, people go hiking there, there are tourist attractions and museums, movies are shot there etc. etc. etc. It's actually one of the most visited weekend retreats in Germany, for crying out loud.

And yeah the Grossman was never a legend. First of all IF it was an actual being from old German folklore it'd be called "Der Große Mann" (the ß is an old convention to write a double s) and second of all it just doesn't exist. For really nasty creatures, German folktales tend back on the Devil (not exclusively, but more often than not) or the Grimreaper (who both can also act weirdly noble in some tales)

There are definitely some other nasty creatures in German folklore; the Waldschrat, a tall, solitary woodland spirit who sometimes is claimed to sit on the chest of sleeping people and cause ngihtmares/sleep paralysis. The Erlkönig and his daughters and subjects are also known to abduct people and especially steal children, but here's the thing Erlkönig is a variation of "Elf King" so he and his subjects are beautiful creatures who can also be helpful and, in German folklore, mostly steal beautiful/cute children because they want them as basically pets (think Titania with the Indian boy in a Midsummer Night's Dream). The Kornweib is a personification of Heat Stroke that takes the shape of an old woman with long, sagging breasts (sometimes made of Iron) that runs across fields in the heat of the midday sun and abducts children, killing them by either forcing them to drink her poisonous breast milk or by killing them with her iron tits. In Austria and Switzerland there's a little goblin/elf/fairy creature that can erase your memory if you step into its tiny footsteps (but it also gifts you some cheese if you do it), sadly I forgot it's name and the Perchten and Krampus are basically "devil lite" and are used as boogeymen. Then there's the German variation of the Wild Hunt of course...etc...etc...etc...

But neither of those creatures bears even remotely resembles Slenderman or a supposed (and misspelled/misconstrued)  "Grossman"  unless lower the criteria to: "kinda scary", "sometimes abducts people" and "pretty creepy" in which case it'd be easier to list the folkloric spirits from around the world that don't "resemble" Slenderman. By that logic Kitsune and the average woodland sprite resemble Slenderman. 

• Like 4

If you Google creepy pasta there's a story about Howard Simkin ......... A pretty scary name don't you think

• 7 months later...
5 hours ago, Lobelia said:

I wold like it if people wold share if they have seen Ticci Toby

Welcome to UM... Since Ticci Toby is a sub-pasta of the slender man pasta... probably not.

• Like 2