Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Trump Team had Repeated Contact with Russia

Thanato

WASHINGTON — Phone records and intercepted calls show that members of Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

American law enforcement and intelligence agencies intercepted the communications around the same time they were discovering evidence that Russia was trying to disrupt the presidential election by hacking into the Democratic National Committee, three of the officials said. The intelligence agencies then sought to learn whether the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians on the hacking or other efforts to influence the election.

The officials interviewed in recent weeks said that, so far, they had seen no evidence of such cooperation.

But the intercepts alarmed American intelligence and law enforcement agencies, in part because of the amount of contact that was occurring while Mr. Trump was speaking glowingly about the Russian president, Vladimir V. Putin. At one point last summer, Mr. Trump said at a campaign event that he hoped Russian intelligence services had stolen Hillary Clinton’s emails and would make them public.

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/us/politics/russia-intelligence-communications-trump.html

• Like 4

If they have a case, they should bring it.  During discovery, the current president can see who is sabotaging his administration and hang their asses out to dry.  The bureaucrats who are trying to hamstring this president should be charged and tried for attempting to subvert the same authority they pledged to support when hired.  They should minimum, be named publicly and then pushed to the side and not have anything classified or sensitive shared with them.  If appropriate, their security clearances should be pulled.  If they make truly secret info public they should be tried for espionage.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, and then said:

If they have a case, they should bring it.  During discovery, the current president can see who is sabotaging his administration and hang their asses out to dry.  The bureaucrats who are trying to hamstring this president should be charged and tried for attempting to subvert the same authority they pledged to support when hired.  They should minimum, be named publicly and then pushed to the side and not have anything classified or sensitive shared with them.  If appropriate, their security clearances should be pulled.  If they make truly secret info public they should be tried for espionage.

No smoke without fire!  I doubt that this leak would have got this far without real substance.  Can't be long now before Trump is ousted... :whistle:

• Like 3

Wow. This is actually pretty scary. It's way bigger than the Russians just influencing the results. This is straight up espionage at the highest level, for surely no one could be ignorant enough to think Trump was blind to this? Especially when he fired Sally Yates for exposing Flynn to him.

At first I found myself easily able to defend Trump by saying, 'the Russians didn't help Trump win, it's more that they made sure Hillary lost'. But this is starting to look like way more than that.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sees said:

No smoke without fire!  I doubt that this leak would have got this far without real substance.  Can't be long now before Trump is ousted... :whistle:

By whom? Congress is under Republican control. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

By whom? Congress is under Republican control. 

Impeachment whatever...wait and see

Edited by sees
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, sees said:

What?   

You all have been screaming  for impeachment since November 9th.  It really is remarkable listening to the calls for impeachment every other day.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Why not said:

What?   

You all have been screaming  for impeachment since November 9th.  It really is remarkable listening to the calls for impeachment every other day.

It really is remarkable that you think Trump is golden and cannot see the blatant flaws in him....never mind.

Impeachment draws ever nigh, don't you think, now?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sees said:

Oh, I understand, now. You're just blathering and know nothing about impeachment. Congress isn't like the House of Commons. There is no Vote of Confidence in our legislative branch. It requires a two thirds majority to remove a sitting President. No US President has ever been successfully impeached.

• Like 1

The intercepted calls are different from the wiretapped conversations last year between Michael T. Flynn, Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, and Sergey I. Kislyak, Russia’s ambassador to the United States. In those calls, which led to Mr. Flynn’s resignation on Monday night, the two men discussed sanctions that the Obama administration imposed on Russia in December.

The intelligence agencies then sought to learn whether the Trump campaign was colluding with the Russians on the hacking or other efforts to influence the election.

The officials interviewed in recent weeks said that, so far, they had seen no evidence of such cooperation.

Case closed. Mr. Flynn went rogue, Trump's administration caught wind of it and Flynn resigned. Otherwise, there is no story here. If the MSM had Trump's team caught red-handed, don't you think the headlines would be numerous and more exciting?

1 hour ago, sees said:

It really is remarkable that you think Trump is golden and cannot see the blatant flaws in him....never mind.

Impeachment draws ever nigh, don't you think, now?

I am the last person on the planet that would think of Trump as golden. I personally think the man is a clown in a LOT of ways. I am just one that is giving him a chance to be the President of the United States. I see through all of the liberal MSM's BS. Not to mention the lost Democratic Party's fear mongering, drama acts in front of every camera they can find and constant spin of EVERYTHING that comes out of the White House. I'm convinced the Demarcates would be willing to see this Country fall apart, as long as they could ruin Trump. I am truly  convinced of that.

If it comes to be Trump was working with the Russians, I will be the first in line screaming for his impeachment. Until I see PROOF of it, I'm still giving him a chance.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hammerclaw said:

Oh, I understand, now. You're just blathering and know nothing about impeachment. Congress isn't like the House of Commons. There is no Vote of Confidence in our legislative branch. It requires a two thirds majority to remove a sitting President. No US President has ever been successfully impeached.

I may not know the fine details into how Trump will not remain in office...but, be assured, the writing is on the wall with this one! wink.gif

So he is golden to you then?  Hmm

• Like 1

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

Re-opened.  Can we actually try to make this a discussion, instead of just a back and forth about how the other side is so blind and gullible?

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

Just because no US President has 'ever been successfully impeached' does not mean that this will never happen....there is always a first time! wink.gif

Even his own party is saying this now

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/opinion/contributors/2017/02/14/republican-painter-s-time-impeach-trump/97893248/

Edited by sees
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

Case closed. Mr. Flynn went rogue, Trump's administration caught wind of it and Flynn resigned. Otherwise, there is no story here. If the MSM had Trump's team caught red-handed, don't you think the headlines would be numerous and more exciting?

The case is far from closed!  The White House knew about this for weeks - questions need to be answered.   No doubt there will be an investigation.

http://gulfnews.com/news/americas/usa/white-house-tries-to-insulate-trump-from-russia-scandal-1.1978890

• Like 1

It appears that the problem is much deeper then one man who talked to an ambassador it's looking more and more like Trump's team was in direct contact with Intelligence Agents from Russia on multiple occasions. 

The question is didnTrump know this or was he unaware?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Thanato said:

It appears that the problem is much deeper then one man who talked to an ambassador it's looking more and more like Trump's team was in direct contact with Intelligence Agents from Russia on multiple occasions. 

The question is didnTrump know this or was he unaware?

Possibly he didn't care, as long as the planned results were achieved? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hammerclaw said:

No US President has ever been successfully impeached.

Please be patient because the most talented individual ever entered the stage on 20JAN2017.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Parsec said:

Possibly he didn't care, as long as the planned results were achieved? 

If that is true, that is incredibly troubling. Think about it. The Republic Nominee's people in routine conversation with Russian Intelligence. If that is true, which it is looking more likely every day, it should very well be ground for the Removal of the Trump Regime. It would be unprecedented. Would it simply go to the VP? Would that remove the influence of Russia from American Politics.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

It's actually NOT that simple.  Trump was made aware of this before Flynn was confirmed.  It wasn't until the media made US aware of it, AFTER he was confirmed that it became an issue for the administration.  That's a problem.

• Like 7

4 hours ago, toast said:

Please be patient because the most talented individual ever entered the stage on 20JAN2017.

He'd die in his bunker, first.

Oh my God! Trump's people were actually talking to Russians instead of chucking sanctions and insults at them! What a terrible way to initiate diplomatic contact.

• Like 3

Heads will start to roll over this. Pence will survive the onslaught. Trump will be lucky since so far it is just his campaigners that we know of.

Hopefully Sessions and Banning are the next to go. The sharks are out for blood.