Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are your guilty pleasures?

Four Winds

Just now, tcgram said:

My guilty pleasure is watching so-called "ghost hunting" shows.  They are terrible and you can tell it's bad acting but I love when they freak out at their own shadows and claim everything is "haunted".  

My wife loves those too, she can only watch them in the daytime though. :)

• Like 2

I watch them at night, when I'm all alone in the house.  I laugh through them usually. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Eldorado said:

I like to sing power ballads in the bathtub.  Sometimes, I am Celine Dion.

LOL...that's some honesty.

• Like 9

21 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

LOL...that's some honesty.

20 minutes ago, Four Winds said:

It takes a brave man to admit that!

Nah.  A man comfortable with his sexuality.  I'm an heterosexual male who loves female singers and they don't often sing about lumberjacking etc.

*waits on some smartypants posting Monty Python's lumberjack song*

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 9

Just now, Four Winds said:

I cry when watching really emotional movies, no wait I don't, it is just dust in my eye.

That sounds like what goes on in my house ;)

Mrs ZZ bawls about everything!

As for me, I always get a little choked up when hearing "The Star Spangled Banner" I can't help it.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

As for me, I always get a little choked up when hearing "The Star Spangled Banner" I can't help it.

It is not "The Star Spangled Banner" but the light shows at Stone Mountain park in Georgia always got me.

Not really a guilty pleasure I guess, but it would make a grown man cry.

Edited by Four Winds
  • Like 5

33 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

Damn i was hoping you cried aswell...

Just more ammo for fb season :D

As for "The Star Spangled Banner" you paid your price for it sir :tu:

I'm still going to boo everytime i see a Broncos flag! :P :lol:

• Like 5

Chocolate. Graham Norton binge watching. And more chocolate.  Driving really fast and hitting puddles in the road ( I know, immature).  And did I mention chocolate?

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Nah.  A man comfortable with his sexuality.  I'm an heterosexual male who loves female singers and they don't often sing about lumberjacking etc.

*waits on some smartypants posting Monty Python's lumberjack song*

Challenge accepted.   :P

• Like 9

8 hours ago, Four Winds said:

Same thing I say to vegetarians, that's just a huge missed steak. :rofl:

Ok, so my other guilty pleasure is corny jokes.

Not sure that's a 'guilty pleasure' so much as a hanging offence! ;)

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Kurzweil said:

A bottle of wine and yelling at traffic.

Is the wine being consumed at the same time as the yelling at traffic? Are you on the sidewalk or in your(moving) car? :lol:

• Like 9

Guilty pleasure is binge reading Sci fi novels. I will literally not sleep just to finish the novels.  Under the covers on the tablet...

• Like 9

I was trying to come up with more guilty pleasures and couldn't, until it occurred to me that this site was one.

As for crying whilst watching movies, I'm not that kind of crybaby. The only time I sob my heart out is when an animal is hurt or dying. But I'll also be crying an ocean when E9, the little eaglet, fledges, so I'm warning all of you in advance.

Edited by Claire.
Corrected typo. Another guilty pleasure.
  • Like 7

I get blind drunk and listen to the Russian national anthem over and over. I'm not sure why. 

I also spent too long scouring the internet for thylacine references, and commenting on, or contacting the author if I see a mistake.  I do know why I do that, and that it's a bit weird. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 7

Height wise I'm tiny (5ft) and don't look my age so I've had people talk to me like I'm a lot younger then I am or as if I'm not very smart. I love showing them how wrong they are. I mostly catch buses and trains, so have had people looking over my shoulder at my phone screen (so rude) in those cases I Google things that'll make them think twice before doing it. I've Googled some really nasty Zoonotic (spreads from animal to humans) diseases complete with photos, works most of the time.  

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Ruby04 said:

Height wise I'm tiny (5ft) and don't look my age so I've had people talk to me like I'm a lot younger then I am or as if I'm not very smart. I love showing them how wrong they are. I mostly catch buses and trains, so have had people looking over my shoulder at my phone screen (so rude) in those cases I Google things that'll make them think twice before doing it. I've Googled some really nasty Zoonotic (spreads from animal to humans) diseases complete with photos, works most of the time.  

I have that problem, too. The most annoying thing is when you know you're right about something, but no one else will listen. 

• Like 4

I got told I'm a know it all when I proved someone wrong lol

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ChaosRose said:

I have that problem, too. The most annoying thing is when you know you're right about something, but no one else will listen. 

I'm really tall, so people tend to listen, but I paid for my height in other ways.. literally paid. I often had to pay adult fares because no one believed I was still a kid, Things got better once I got a student card, so it was difficult for anyone to argue fares or ticket prices with me. The other problem was that I was the go to person at prep school when someone wanted to buy booze. I always said no, but that never stopped the desperate little twerps from asking.

• Like 4

Sometimes I sneak my dog on the bed when I take naps. :sleepy:

My wife won't allow it. Shhh!

• Like 6