Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

What are your guilty pleasures?

Four Winds

Half time at the football games to watch the cheerleaders 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

running through mud puddles 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I guess my guilty pleasures would be eating way too much chocolate and reading fanfiction.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vanillon said:

One of my guilty pleasures is the Ghostbusters 2016 reboot movie. :D

I think I just died a little inside.:no:

• Like 2

Grooming my dog because he enjoys it alto i feel as an housewife while doing so lol

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

daydreaming about a ex love 

Smash Mouth.

Oh and to a lesser extent Aretha Franklin. Less guilty because good god is that woman talented but simultaneously very guilty because of the content of some of her music. 

Also Michael Jackson and some similar pop music.

Edited by internetperson

8 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Reading Shakespeare while listening to Led Zep and drinking red wine (or eating chocolate).

What format do you listen to? Vinyl, CD, MP3? Do you have like a reading setup for lack of a better term? I have 2 reading spots; 1 in my room where I also listen to music/radio in a super comfy chair w/ matching ottoman and 1 being under construction, it's outside in a garden area but I gotta screen it off cause of mosquitoes. Right after Irma (and storms in general) there wont be too many mosquitoes then it's really nice to sit outside, have a smoke and read National Geographic.

I read Shakespeare from a real book (I have his complete works). I listen to music on my Bose (via CD) while sitting in a comfy chair near my bay window. I have a screened porch but I generally don't read out there (better light by my bay window).

• Like 1

Tattoo TV shows.

I have no tattoos and probably will never get one but I love watching tattoo shows like Ink Master and Tattoo Nightmares. I also follow many artists on instagram. 

Zombies. Movies, books and TV shows. Have always been a fan. 

• Like 2

Sometimes when I'm home alone I watch Dr. Phil reruns.  But I never watch his show when I'm at a friend or family members house.

• Like 2

When I'm traveling in other countries where I speak the primary language, I pretend like I don't speak English because I don't want to deal with other tourists. So many are so...obnoxious, I guess, and totally unwilling to calm the hell down and experience the culture that they're currently in. So I don't indulge them.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Podo said:

When I'm traveling in other countries where I speak the primary language, I pretend like I don't speak English because I don't want to deal with other tourists. So many are so...obnoxious, I guess, and totally unwilling to calm the hell down and experience the culture that they're currently in. So I don't indulge them.

U speak diff languages of diff countries? Blessed and smart you are. I have three i can speak...:(

14 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

U speak diff languages of diff countries? Blessed and smart you are. I have three i can speak...:(

Three languages is a great number, don't sell yourself short! I only know 3.5, myself, so we're on the same level. Which three do you speak?

• Like 1

Afrikaans, english and zulu

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, DebDandelion said:

Afrikaans, english and zulu

That's a great spread! Don't ever be ashamed of that! I know English, German, Chinese, and Low German (Hence the 0.5). Yours are far more interesting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Podo said:

That's a great spread! Don't ever be ashamed of that! I know English, German, Chinese, and Low German (Hence the 0.5). Yours are far more interesting.

Would love to have ur knowledge of Chinese!

• 2 weeks later...

Singing songs from The Sound of Music in my best British accent.

When alone of course. 

Also... Wine and Oreos. Any kind will do. 

• Like 2

Guest MamaMia1981

Coffee with lots of cream and sugar.

Occasionally alcohol.  

Cannabis.

A good burger.  With everything on it.  And a side of onion rings.

Extended sleep periods. (Which hardly ever happens, but I can dream, right?)

Sitting on a porch...sunrise and sunset...reading...listening to nature....seeing the colours...smelling the earth....and coffee brewing...

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I keep a relatively healthy lifestyle, but sometimes, when I'm alone, I sneak a pack of crisps and feel guilty immediately after. As long as people don't know and I maintain my self-image, it's sort of my guilty pleasure.

• 2 weeks later...