Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UAE plans to build a new city on Mars by 2117

Still Waters

Over the past few decades, oil and gas revenue has helped the United Arab Emirates develop at a breakneck pace. It's glistening megacity Dubai is now home to the world's tallest building and countless other accolades, while just last year there were new plans announced to build a completely new “city of happiness.”

The UAE's latest venture may set new heights in terms of ambition, however. On Tuesday, at the sidelines of the World Government Summit in Dubai, the UAE announced that it was planning to build the first city on Mars by 2117. According to CNBC, UAE engineers presented a concept city at the event about the size of Chicago for guests to explore.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2017/02/16/the-uaes-ambitious-plan-to-build-a-new-city-on-mars/?utm_term=.902a67e65a25

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geraldnewfie said:

this is funny!!! we cant even afford space stuff now not alone a city :P we spend all our money on stupid wars

Actually we can and i know its UAE and wont happen in that timeframe but read the articale next time. 

3 hours ago, Eldorado said:

Same atmosphere too.

There is a great restaurant on Mars, nice place but lacks atmosphere. :rolleyes:

• Like 3

i think its inevitable that such things will occur. But I would prefer to see these things in my lifetime....

but I will be just as content to see man land on Mars... like we did with the moon landings.....and get back safely with some samples to study

• Like 2

6 hours ago, seeder said:

i think its inevitable that such things will occur. But I would prefer to see these things in my lifetime....

but I will be just as content to see man land on Mars... like we did with the moon landings.....and get back safely with some samples to study

man lands on mars.....then we spend the next 50 years trying to prove it never really happened.......

• Like 4

• The topic was locked