Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Tony Blair calls for people to 'rise up'

Unusual Tournament

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

So you won't get a fair assessment for Blair. 

I have yet to see an unfair assessment.  Simply the facts have been stated.  Blair led a disastrous government, sold the public a pack of lies, and to this day we are still clearing up his mess, and he dodges criminal prosecution while inquiries find him culpable for many many deaths in the Middle East.  This is not an opinion, theory or otherwise, this is how it is.  It has been widely reported, and most people understand the events of his time in office. 

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Personally i find Blair repulsive but he must have some credibility in the UK among Labour and Tories otherwise he wouldn't have spoken out and his peers wouldn't be walking on egg shells every time he speaks.

There are still 'Blairites' in government, those that were in office during Blaire's term.  However you will find that they tend to cling to what they see as his successes and tiptoe around the whole going to war on a lie thing.  I am sure there are still some around that like him, but then there are still Nazi supporters around as well.

I was one of those who liked Blaire, I voted for him.  And at the start of my career in Social Work, he was throwing money at Local Governments.  Now when I look back at how reckless, and downright deceitful he turned out to be , he makes me sick.  I work in a heavily unionised sector, I know many union activists, heavily tied to Labour.  I have yet to meet one that doesn't hate Blaire.  Indeed, he is hated even more within members of his own party because of his association.

It is absolutely a 'fair assessment' that Blaire is pretty much universally disliked in the UK.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Most of the posters in this section would boo santa claus on Christmas day if Father Nick voted remain. So you won't get a fair assessment for Blair. 

Personally i find Blair repulsive but he must have some credibility in the UK among Labour and Tories otherwise he wouldn't have spoken out and his peers wouldn't be walking on egg shells every time he speaks.

Do you really think worrying whether he had any credibility would have hindered his delusion? The ones who are walking on egg shells would be the current leaders of the Blairite wing of the party; if Corbyn is worried it might be because any split in the Party would inevitably take it out of the running as a credible opposition force for the forseeable future, not that he'd be worried Bl*ir might still have tremendous popularity with the People.

18 hours ago, Grey Area said:

I have yet to see an unfair assessment.  Simply the facts have been stated.  Blair led a disastrous government, sold the public a pack of lies, and to this day we are still clearing up his mess, and he dodges criminal prosecution while inquiries find him culpable for many many deaths in the Middle East.  This is not an opinion, theory or otherwise, this is how it is.  It has been widely reported, and most people understand the events of his time in office. 

Sounds like time travelling May in a delorean.

On 2/19/2017 at 9:18 AM, stevewinn said:

Remember when Blair was in the running for future President of the EU, maybe he still thinks that position is open and he's laying the ground work with Juncker finished in 2020. Blair the quisling.

More than a little truth to this comment.

20 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Most of the posters in this section would boo santa claus on Christmas day if Father Nick voted remain. So you won't get a fair assessment for Blair. 

Just out of curiosity, how long did your finger hover over the enter button on your keyboard before you committed that comment to the forum?

The line 'but he must have some credibility' just leaps off the screen...............what were you thinking?

Edited by itsnotoutthere

p.s.

And after facilitating the deaths of hundreds of thousands of innocent Iraqis he then hands us over to the Uber idiot Gordon Brown who goes on to flush our economy down the toilet, whilst insulting his electorate.

Edited by itsnotoutthere
  • Like 1

More voters believe Labour would be more electable if Tony Blair returned as leader to replace Jeremy Corbyn, a poll has found.

The exclsuive poll for The Independent by Comres finds that 36 per cent said “Labour has more chance of winning a general election if Tony Blair is leader”,  but only 35 per cent said the same of Jeremy Corbyn. A further 30 per cent said they don’t know. 

The former Labour Prime Minister prompted speculation about his future when he was asked if he could “see himself returning to politics in some way” in an interview in Esquire magazine this month and replied: “That’s an open question.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/jeremy-corbyn-tony-blair-labour-leadership-win-general-election-comres-poll-a7363306.html

Oh holy crap Cap#n, haven't you learned from our friend Ali (where is he now? I'm missing him :( ) the Independent is, along with its companion the Guardian, the official mouthpiece of the Blairite wing of the Party. exclsuive poll for The Independent  :rolleyes:  And besides, a margin of a whole one percent is suddenly a conclusive majority? Well, you must be satisfied with the result in favour of Blexit now then. 

...of course Tony Blair banging Rupert Murdoch's misses won't help his chances with the tabloid press in the UK BUT still those that think beyond the Daily Mail probably think differently.

57 minutes ago, itsnotoutthere said:

Just out of curiosity, how long did your finger hover over the enter button on your keyboard before you committed that comment to the forum?

The line 'but he must have some credibility' just leaps off the screen...............what were you thinking?

This isn't just about Brexit... its about reclaiming the values and rank and file of the Labour party. The fact that brexit is the catalyst for Blair's return doesn't take away from the fact that Corbyn is a bad leader. Corbyn is a dimwit that's unelectable. All he will achieve is making the conditions ripe for the UKIP to bleed the Labour party of its members. Which Im sure is the position of the UKIP and the Tories as the UKIP is an extension of. Of course this might suit you and thats fine. But truth is Corbyn has no political back bone and no principles other than leading from behind the UKIP. If i was a British Labour voter i'd much rather Blair and his dubious ways than moron Corbyn. At least with Blair Labour stands a chance of being re electable.  

38 minutes ago, Manfred von Dreidecker said:

Oh holy crap Cap#n, haven't you learned from our friend Ali (where is he now? I'm missing him :( ) the Independent is, along with its companion the Guardian, the official mouthpiece of the Blairite wing of the Party. exclsuive poll for The Independent  :rolleyes:  And besides, a margin of a whole one percent is suddenly a conclusive majority? Well, you must be satisfied with the result in favour of Blexit now then. 

For ****s and giggles why don't you refer to the "appropriate" reading material that formats your views? 

20 hours ago, Grey Area said:

it is absolutely a 'fair assessment' that Blaire is pretty much universally disliked in the UK.

Its also a fact that there are very few credible political candidates and people are fickle. Bring on a terrorism incident and warmongering Blair will run rings around apologetic and pacifist Corbyn. Unpopular is one thing BUT being incompetent like Corbyn is another. matter You put the leadership up for a party spill and i guarantee you that universally disliked Blair will beat Corbyn hands down and the people will love it. The rag tag tabloids won't but then again if Murdoch wants to lead the UK then he should put his name in the ring for the UKIP leadership otherwise he should butt out. 

7 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

This isn't just about Brexit... its about reclaiming the values and rank and file of the Labour party. The fact that brexit is the catalyst for Blair's return doesn't take away from the fact that Corbyn is a bad leader. Corbyn is a dimwit that's unelectable. All he will achieve is making the conditions ripe for the UKIP to bleed the Labour party of its members. Which Im sure is the position of the UKIP and the Tories as the UKIP is an extension of. Of course this might suit you and thats fine. But truth is Corbyn has no political back bone and no principles other than leading from behind the UKIP. If i was a British Labour voter i'd much rather Blair and his dubious ways than moron Corbyn. At least with Blair Labour stands a chance of being re electable.  

'This isn't just about Brexit'    ..........You're right, it's nothing to do with Brexit, Brexit has been put to the people & the people have voted & the government are acting accordingly.

'Corbyn is a dimwit that's unelectable. All he will achieve is making the conditions ripe for the UKIP to bleed the Labour party of its members.' ......Can't argue with that, I'm in total agreement. However many Labour voters voted for Brexit for exactly the same reasons many Tory voters did.

'i'd much rather Blair and his dubious ways than moron Corbyn' ..........In which case presumably you would also rather have voted for Cameron over Corbyn, as his message on the E.U. was the same as Blairs? no.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, itsnotoutthere said:

'This isn't just about Brexit'    ..........You're right, it's nothing to do with Brexit, Brexit has been put to the people & the people have voted & the government are acting accordingly.

'Corbyn is a dimwit that's unelectable. All he will achieve is making the conditions ripe for the UKIP to bleed the Labour party of its members.' ......Can't argue with that, I'm in total agreement. However many Labour voters voted for Brexit for exactly the same reasons many Tory voters did.

'i'd much rather Blair and his dubious ways than moron Corbyn' ..........In which case presumably you would also rather have voted for Cameron over Corbyn, as his message on the E.U. was the same as Blairs? no.....

Besides, I think banging on about the E.U. and state of the Labour party are both pointless endeavors. Both are dead in the water.

7 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

Its also a fact that there are very few credible political candidates and people are fickle. Bring on a terrorism incident and warmongering Blair will run rings around apologetic and pacifist Corbyn. Unpopular is one thing BUT being incompetent like Corbyn is another. matter You put the leadership up for a party spill and i guarantee you that universally disliked Blair will beat Corbyn hands down and the people will love it. The rag tag tabloids won't but then again if Murdoch wants to lead the UK then he should put his name in the ring for the UKIP leadership otherwise he should butt out. 

Labour is a shambles at present, perhaps you are right (and it's a big perhaps) that Blaire might reappear to take the reins from Corbyn, but also don't forget, corbyn has a lot of support from labour members outside the shadow cabinet, and that is what has kept him afloat.

even if blaire did make a comeback, it would be a cameo performance.  As it stands labours chances of winning an election are similar to winning the lottery jackpot

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

...of course Tony Blair banging Rupert Murdoch's misses won't help his chances with the tabloid press in the UK BUT still those that think beyond the Daily Mail probably think differently.

I don't understand you. Why are you so smugly certain that you know the truth, when you get all your information from the UK media? Do you have some means of diving what is in fact the truth? Do you do it by extrasensory perception? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, itsnotoutthere said:

521666_4852742239758_1637171195_n.jpg.7247dd23fa3697bf3f90f8feaec9d89a.jpg

Of course we should rise up and ignore a democratic vote, not that Blair seems to understand democracy as he shoved Brown in his place without a General election.

Then we got this...

Image result for gordon brown and jimmy savile

• Like 2