Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Trump presidency doomed because of Bannon?

Claire.

From an opinion piece in The Washington Post:

Sooner rather than later, we hope that for the country’s sake, Jared Kushner or Ivanka Trump (or someone else Trump will listen to) will lay it out bluntly: He can have Bannon running roughshod over the administration, or he can be a successful president; he cannot have both.

Bannon has intruded into national security matters and wound up embarrassing the president with, among other things, the failed travel ban. Bannon’s pro-Soviet tilt is unacceptable to Cabinet-level hires, to both political parties and to our allies. That Bannon would not foresee this nor understand the folly of his effort to push Trump into the embrace of an aggressive foe is political malpractice of the highest order. He has managed to make half of the country think Trump is a Russian spy or up to his eyes in financial debt to Vladimir Putin.

Trump — not unlike Bill Clinton after an ineffective first year in office — should clean house, find a heavyweight chief of staff and banish Bannon, who has no clue how to develop and implement policy, at least not any policy that withstands scrutiny. Bannon can head up Trump’s political operation, or cut out the middle man and be a lobbyist for Russia.

Source: The Washington Post

• Like 8

I don't know why Trump has such a bromance with the guy.

All he has done so far is bring more negative press.

Maybe my conservative friends can school me on his assets.

• Like 5

Maybe Trump can get rid of him and then he can run for Mayor of Chicago :lol:

This is what we've become

stone-cold-steve-austin-has-stunned-46-p

Edited by OverSword
  • Like 5

The first and most vicious attack against Bannon was that he was an anti-Semite.  MANY Jews with standing in the community here and in Israel say it's patently false.  He ran Breitbart for awhile.  Trump should not let the guy leave, even if he offers a resignation.  Flynn was already sacrificed to the Left, though he committed NO CRIME.  Underscore that point!  Even if he was heard on tape promising the Ambassador that Trump would remove all of the sanctions as soon as he was inaugurated, that is still NOT A CRIME!!  Those whiney b******* will not stop once they sense weakness.  They're like sharks on the scent of blood.  Trump needs to make the transcript of Flynn and the Russian ambassador public and then he needs to ignore the carny barkers and get his domestic plans moving.  Unless there is something more that isn't being released yet about Gen Flynn, the man is owed an apology and should be positioned in the administration with even more power than he just gave up.  If DJ Trump ignores their lies and setups, it will save him time and energy for his domestic agenda.  The day after the election I said that as long as Trump does his best to be seen keeping his promises, he will be untouchable.  He has committed no crime except winning against Hildebeast.  The republicans have made their CYA move as well as positioning themselves to possibly take him out through impeachment by demanding investigations (PLURAL) into the Russian issue.  The FBI is already examining Flynn's contact as well as the supposed contact between Trump's senior staff and Russian intel types.  According to the NYT, there is ZERO evidence of any type of collusion or criminal acts at this point. In fact, I've heard no proof that any of his senior staff even contacted the Russians at any level. The Left want to obstruct and slander at every chance so he can't accomplish in a couple of years what the previous b****** refused to do in 8.  The Dems KNOW they are screwed if Trump keeps his promises and puts a significant number of people back to work in the Rust-Belt states as well as the rest of the country.  It probably won't be so difficult to accomplish.  That SOB that just left the job had been intentionally erecting obstacles in the form of senseless, over reaching regulations as well as the crippling burden of Obammy care.  Businesses couldn't catch a break, so they decided to just bail and wait for a better chance to flourish.  I actually fear for DJT's life.  If they all see he is going to succeed and that they cannot stop him with scandal, the next step by the "deep state" (Globalists) may well be to start shooting.  Unless their goal is a chaotic plunge into an American civil war redux, they'd better tread carefully.  Finally, IF Obama can be connected firmly, with incontrovertible evidence, to these leaks and moves against the new president, then he needs to be arrested and tried for treason.  Hang the worthless SOB from a gibbet, live on CNN!

• Like 3

2 hours ago, and then said:

The first and most vicious attack against Bannon was that he was an anti-Semite.  MANY Jews with standing in the community here and in Israel say it's patently false.  He ran Breitbart for awhile.  Trump should not let the guy leave, even if he offers a resignation.  Flynn was already sacrificed to the Left, though he committed NO CRIME.  Underscore that point!  Even if he was heard on tape promising the Ambassador that Trump would remove all of the sanctions as soon as he was inaugurated, that is still NOT A CRIME!! 

I agree that Flynn got a raw deal. But you sound more like the leftists than they do.

I mean, when did it become de rigueur that a Presidential appointee must commit a crime in order for it to be proper to ask for their resignation?

Isn't that the Democrat's counter to the email scandal?

No, man. We have to be the grownups when we hold office. Let the other guys be the children.

Harte

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Harte said:

I agree that Flynn got a raw deal. But you sound more like the leftists than they do.

I mean, when did it become de rigueur that a Presidential appointee must commit a crime in order for it to be proper to ask for their resignation?

Isn't that the Democrat's counter to the email scandal?

No, man. We have to be the grownups when we hold office. Let the other guys be the children.

Harte

Really?  And our reward is to be shat upon continually and pushed aside for 8 years at a time so destructive agendas can be advanced by those who aren't expected to be the "grownups"?  I've believed as you describe here for my entire life, but Obama's 8 years changed all that for me.  If HRC had managed to win, do you realize how close we might be today to PERMANENT disruption of the ideals this country was founded upon?  No, Harte, I have always respected your posts and stances but here I disagree vehemently.  Rather than continue to hold ourselves hostage to such standards while they continue to win at our expense, why not look long and hard at what they ARE, today.  LOOK at what they expect, at what they feel they can DEMAND of us today.  I will NOT allow the double standards to continue, in the open, no less, for the benefit of those who have shown themselves capable even of violence, to get what they feel so entitled to.  Do you really think we are the SAME?  REALLY?  Or that we could, possibly, become as bad in a short time while we fight for our political lives and honor?  I think I understand the misgivings, but man we have well and truly gone too far for half-steps now.  This could well be our last chance to save the country we both love. Frankly, I think it may well be too late. Those who believe in traditional patriotism, who still feel that the dream of liberty, so simple yet so profound amidst the human yearnings of the ages, that THIS dream must be nurtured and not allowed to die so ignobly, they must stand NOW!

You ask when it became de rigueur that a threshold of criminal actions must precede a resignation?  Blast it all, man!  Look at what Obama and his criminal AG's as well as his Sec. State did for YEARS!  Did ANY of them even give lip service to any misgivings, let alone actually behave honorably?  You know the answer.  And now, even after the majority in 31 states have rejected them, they adhere to the time-tested double standard and expect US to be the "grownups".  Their name for us is far less noble.  Just look at some of the posts on this site.  These people, if it were in their power today, would silence us.  If you don't see the danger of this late hour then that makes me sad.  But sadness I can move beyond.  When the boot descends on my neck, or my child's future, THAT I can only fight against BEFORE they accomplish it.

The rant is over.  I hope I didn't insult you, personally, that was not my intent.  I am angrier today about the state of my nation than I have ever been and I will not just watch them spit on it and presume to tell me that I WILL like it and obey.  I'd cheerfully die first.  III% of our population took that same stand in 1776 and look where it led.  Just III percent.  A single match can begin a fire, or a conflagration.  It's up to us to choose which it will be.

• Like 1

I wish the democrats would  stop fighting Trump, he is our President and to go forward and be untied in what best for our country   

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I wish the democrats would  stop fighting Trump, he is our President and to go forward and be untied in what best for our country   

He claimed he would unite the country. Another failed campaign promise. The President claimed he could so the onus is on him. Trump has not had any form of outreach toward them. None for the Democrat and third party voters either. The reason much of the country is against him is because he is failing as our President. If he wants to focus on just pleasing the alt-Right then he can but don't expect that to be the magic pill that would unite the country. But he might unite enough of the country to get rid of him together. Expect it if he stays the course he is on.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Frank Merton said:

Oh, really, and let him take the country down?

8f6ccbdc0a2daeb31ecccf42f94cf4a3.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

He claimed he would unite the country. Another failed campaign promise. The President claimed he could so the onus is on him. Trump has not had any form of outreach toward them. None for the Democrat and third party voters either.

LOL, not even a month in and you say he failed. :lol:

His term is 4 years.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, .ZZ. said:

LOL, not even a month in and you say he failed. :lol:

His term is 4 years.

He has not even started to unite the country. Think he will honestly try later on? Be honest.

Will he reach out to all or just continue as he is?

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

37 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

He has not even started to unite the country. Think he will honestly try later on? Be honest.

Will he reach out to all or just continue as he is?

He will never reach some people.

Don't you think you should give him a real chance? Be honest.

Seriously Sammy, it's going to be a bumpy ride. I'm thinking some of us might want to hunker down or we won't last much longer.

I'm not a Dr, but some people are starting to lose it.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, docyabut2 said:

Trump could have helped the country the other day by following Michael Flynn out the door and let the vice president take over. Trump doesn't have what it takes to be the president of the United States.

• Like 4

The Trump Presidency is doomed because he doesn't want to be the President.  If you are a 70 year old billionaire with a hot wife who was able to do anything you wanted at any given time, would this be the type of responsibility you would want?  I still don't believe he ever wanted, or expected to win, and if I had his life, I wouldn't want to either.   The fact that people in low places truly think he cares about them is sad though.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Claire. said:

That Bannon would not foresee this nor understand the folly of his effort to push Trump into the embrace of an aggressive foe is political malpractice of the highest order.

Because this is a BIG issue for the left right now!

2 hours ago, and then said:

The rant is over.  I hope I didn't insult you, personally, that was not my intent.  I am angrier today about the state of my nation than I have ever been and I will not just watch them spit on it and presume to tell me that I WILL like it and obey.  I'd cheerfully die first.  III% of our population took that same stand in 1776 and look where it led.  Just III percent.  A single match can begin a fire, or a conflagration.  It's up to us to choose which it will be.

What are you talking about? President Trump won, he is in office.  He has the power to call the shots.  Who is spitting and telling you to obey?  Certainly not President Trump.  People saw through Hillary and she was beaten.  The Democratic party is in a shambles.  President Trump is getting as much flack and resistance from the Republican establishment as from anywhere isn't he?  I can see you are angry but I am not sure why.  Resistance?  Yes.  The Republicans thought they were patriotic to oppose Obama.    Many Democrats think it is patriotic to oppose President Trump.  Those two groups of people have different views on what makes this country great, but that is politics.  President Trump needs to learn how to govern,  He has been the chief executive of a family business, never even the CEO of a large publicly held corporation.  He has some learning to do, if he is successful, he will be able to accomplish some of his promises, maybe not all.  

He can build a wall, but unless he can get the Republicans to go along with a massive infrastructure bill, we will still have bridges in a state of collapse.  If he can get enough Republicans, some Democrats will vote for it too, and it will happen. If we can't have good schools, strong technology, and good infrastructure; then jobs will not come back.  We can throw out health care, environmental regulations, and unions.  In the end will that make business more competitive?  If President Trump can find a smart way to do that , we will prosper.  If not we will have wages, health care, and pollution comparable to  China.  I got sent to China once and I don't want my country to look like that.  I don't want  my kids future to be like that.                                                                           

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

The Trump Presidency is doomed because he doesn't want to be the President.  If you are a 70 year old billionaire with a hot wife who was able to do anything you wanted at any given time, would this be the type of responsibility you would want?  I still don't believe he ever wanted, or expected to win, and if I had his life, I wouldn't want to either.   The fact that people in low places truly think he cares about them is sad though.

But the Presidency is like crack cocaine to his ego.  At times he'd probably rather just go golfing and rotate between his trophy wife and sugar baby girlfriends, but he'll never let go of that power willingly no matter how much he wants to.

• Like 2

Just now, Yamato said:

But the Presidency is like crack cocaine to his ego.  At times he'd probably rather just go golfing and rotate between his trophy wife and sugar baby girlfriends, but he'll never let go of that power willingly no matter how much he wants to.

The win is what he wanted.  Not the responsibility.  He won't let go, because he will never truly embrace it.  We have seen it for the past month.  He is focusing on the win, the size of the win, no matter how wrongly he represents it, and that is all.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

The win is what he wanted.  Not the responsibility.  He won't let go, because he will never truly embrace it.  We have seen it for the past month.  He is focusing on the win, the size of the win, no matter how wrongly he represents it, and that is all.

The win is the responsibility.  Otherwise he'd have to quit.  But then "he won't let go"? 

Looks like he's more than embracing it to me, I see him working very, very hard at the big bag of bad ideas that he promised for us throughout the election campaign.  What I think he wants is to spread his name around the country/world as much as he possibly can just like he always did, the more stuff he gets his hands into the better.   Even if 50+% of his initiatives turn into big or even bigger messes, he'll still go down as one of the greatest agents of change in human history.  He's an egomaniac!  He wants to feed his ego.  I have no doubt he wants to benefit personally from his power as well.

• Like 2

Just now, Yamato said:

The win is the responsibility.  Otherwise he'd have to quit.  But then "he won't let go"? 

Looks like he's more than embracing it to me, I see him working very, very hard at the big bag of bad ideas that he promised for us throughout the election campaign.  What I think he wants is to spread his name around the country/world as much as he possibly can just like he always did, the more stuff he gets his hands into the better.   Even if 50+% of his initiatives turn into big or even bigger messes, he'll still go down as one of the greatest agents of change in human history.  He's an egomaniac!  He wants to feed his ego.  I have no doubt he wants to benefit personally from his power as well.

But what happens when his 5 promises are fulfilled, or shot down by congress?  What happens when the job is actually leading the nation and making decisions on things you have never even considered occurring?  Then it's real.  Then you can't go on vacation every weekend.  Then you can't spend the last years of your life doing what you want to do.  

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

But what happens when his 5 promises are fulfilled, or shot down by congress?  What happens when the job is actually leading the nation and making decisions on things you have never even considered occurring?  Then it's real.  Then you can't go on vacation every weekend.  Then you can't spend the last years of your life doing what you want to do.  

Look man I'm sorry it's not all fun and games for him anymore.  Well actually I'm not.

Trump doesn't want to be impeached.  He might not seek reelection but I think he will.  Campaigning just might turn out to be the one thing he does best.   He can't wait for the next one to begin (in like two years).

The Dow might be at 40,000 in four years after the banks are too big to fail again, and he'll be far too invested and in the middle of everything to stop.   Who knows what's going to happen?   I think there's some truth in what you're saying though, that he didn't want the job.  Didn't want the job as much as he wanted the victory, the power and the glory that is Donald J. Trump, the greatest President since George Washington.  I don't think he will be, but I do think he'll try to be.

If Trump was a dictator, he might be a good dictator on the historical spectrum of dictators lol.  But you can't be one of those in this country.  

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tatetopa said:

If President Trump can find a smart way to do that , we will prosper.

In case you hadn't noticed, the Left and its media arm are in full hysterical meltdown mode.  They are showing themselves to be relentless.  Sure, Trump could ignore them and keep rolling out his agenda - and I hope he will - but when the media runs stories that are known conclusively to be lies, how do you expect him to retain support, long term?  The media has run this country for decades and isn't about to let go now.  I don't think his presidency is doomed but I do expect him to need to prosecute the leakers and to slash the federal agencies that work the hardest against his plans.  You seem to believe that this election was nothing unusual.  It's unlike anything we've seen in the modern era.  Wait until Obama begins to openly fan the flames.

• Like 1