Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Is Trump presidency doomed because of Bannon?

Claire.

14 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

At what point is that responsibility shared? How could he ever unite with people who scream Armageddon even when he does and says things that every president in over the last 40 years has said and done? His approval numbers are rising more with every insane tantrum the far left hypocritically throws.  

Show us the proof his ratings are rising since his administration began.

7 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Sure he did. Judges, media, CNN didn't care though, so in turn neither did you.

Show us the proof where Obama attacked others on the level Trump is. Apples to apples.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Show us the proof his ratings are rising since his administration began.

Show us the proof where Obama attacked others on the level Trump is. Apples to apples.

Honestly I feel it would be completely fruitless to do so. Even if I completely convinced you of both, you'd just in turn find two other things to hate him for. Its why I have spend so little time in the political sec here lately. The level of believed lies and hysterical tantrums is almost embarrassing to watch. Not saying that's all on you, but in general. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

You mean the Russians were behind the hacked e-mails in support of Team Trump and the new leaks are leading us closer to the proof of collusion between Russia and Team Trump.

It can be sliced and diced into hypocrisy only by the want to keep avoiding the Russian question.

So we suspect the Russians (because there isn't any proof, just strong suspicion based on the CIA's Educated Guess.), yet we don't know who leaked this document. Why are those different? Because one is a Homeland Hero (fighting Trump) and the other are the Evil Empire. I'm no fanboy of Russia, but even if they did hack some email (Though I heard it was the DNC clicking on Click-bait that let them in), should we judge the offender (DNC or Bannon), by the same standard, or are we practicing hypocrisy?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, preacherman76 said:

Honestly I feel it would be completely fruitless to do so. Even if I completely convinced you of both, you'd just in turn find two other things to hate him for. Its why I have spend so little time in the political sec here lately. The level of believed lies and hysterical tantrums is almost embarrassing to watch. Not saying that's all on you, but in general. 

I've said it plenty of times, a person can't claim to be taking the Enlightened/Hi Path if they are acting like the people they condemn. Those who sling mud back, and who pick the nits, aren't Morally Superior. They are of the same dross as those they rant against.

That includes me, by the way, and I admit it. I wonder if those others slinging mud, and mincing words will do the same?

Edited by DieChecker

2 hours ago, Thanato said:

Yea and people wished the Republicans would of stopped fighting Obama for 8 years but that's not how politics work in the USA.

Wow.  FTR, yeah, I loathed the guy.  I believe he is hands down the worst POTUS in my lifetime, he even managed to make Carter look better by comparison.  At least Carter seemed sincere.  Other than the birther silliness, what else was done to Obama that looks vaguely like today's reaction to Trump?  I'm not talking about the refusal to help move Obama's agenda.  Unfortunately, that kind of foot-dragging is baked into our system.  There is ZERO comparison to the Trump presidency due solely to the media.  The talking heads, with the exception of Foxnews about 80% of the time, were shamelessly, slavishly sold out FOR Obama.  That is the difference.  I really hope that Trump's presidency turns out to be the hill they die on.  Metaphorically, of course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1

So now we just make up numbers with no need to back them up?  You talk about the level of believed lies..the lies are coming from the administration.  It's not "Fake News" that's a problem.  It's unfavorable news that he doesn't like.  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

So now we just make up numbers with no need to back them up?  You talk about the level of believed lies..the lies are coming from the administration.  It's not "Fake News" that's a problem.  It's unfavorable news that he doesn't like.  

Let us not forget "fake news" originally meant alternative media sites such as Infowars and alt-Right blogs before it was co-opted by these very sites for the reason you claimed rightly.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Let us not forget "fake news" originally meant alternative media sites such as Infowars and alt-Right blogs before it was co-opted by these very sites for the reason you claimed rightly.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/swedes-scratch-heads-trumps-suggestion-major-incident-121438182--politics.html

The media are the ones that lie, right?  Yesterday Trump made up another terror attack.  This time in Sweden.  At least Sweden had the balls to respond quickly, and call it an outright lie.  Want to know why the media can't go a day without bashing Trump?  Because he can't go a day without doing something absolutely ridiculous.

• Like 4

Let me know when the Trump IRS starts flagging liberal fundraisers for investigation.

Harte

• Like 3

In all honesty I am more worried now about the world's future than I have ever been, even during the worst of the American War.  The power all around (except Europe and Canada) seems corrupt and out of touch with reality.

• Like 1

Considering what your worries are, it appears the majority in Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Sweden are leaning towards leaving the EU.

2 hours ago, Michelle said:

Considering what your worries are, it appears the majority in Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Sweden are leaning towards leaving the EU.

Show us the proof that, "the majority in Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Sweden are leaning towards leaving the EU."

38 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Show us the proof that, "the majority in Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Sweden are leaning towards leaving the EU."

Apparently there are more than I thought.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/683224/END-OF-THE-EU-Germany-France-Austria-Hungary-Finland-Netherlands-Europe-Brexit

Do you ever research anything before questioning someone else's opinion? Google is your friend. If you don't like the source, feel free to correct me with something more reliable.

To be perfectly clear I said "it appears".

Edited by Michelle
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Michelle said:

Apparently there are more than I thought.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/683224/END-OF-THE-EU-Germany-France-Austria-Hungary-Finland-Netherlands-Europe-Brexit

Do you ever research anything before questioning someone else's opinion? Google is your friend. If you don't like the source, feel free to correct me with something more reliable.

Germany, Italy and Sweden are not even mentioned as wanting to leave according to the provided link. Did you research your own claim at all?

That is 3 out of the 5 countries in your original claim of: Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Sweden.

Your link also claims that Germany said something but provides no proof either in a case of the blind following the blind by posting it here as a source when it itself has none either.

FIVE European countries may seek to follow Britain’s lead in leaving the EU in a Brexit domino effect, Germany has warned.

Where did Germany warn this? Sunday Express claims it was in a German "finance ministry strategy document" but fails to provide proof.

So to the original claim that, "the majority in Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Sweden are leaning towards leaving the EU".

What majority? Of citizens? The Sunday Express link had no such data.

Keep in mind the Sunday/Daily Express as well as not sourcing its claims also endorsed UKIP which has been accused of racism and xenophobia.

Here is a link detailing comments from Farage that prove this.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-resigns-ukip-leader-brexit-leave-most-controversial-moments-racism-sexism-immigration-a7118801.html

Then out of five countries the Sunday Express claims want to leave the EU, it too only discusses 2 of them and fails to mention the other three.

Front National leader Marine Le Pen has pledged to hold a French referendum if she emerges victorious in next year's presidential elections.

While for the past two months a Nexit has been on the cards after Dutch voters overwhelmingly rejected a Ukraine-European Union treaty

So let us look at these two countries.

On Brexit morning, Nigel Farage suggested that the Netherlands might be the next country to quit the “dying” EU. “We may well be close, perhaps, to a Nexit,” he said.

However, a poll published on Sunday bypeil.nl found a slim majority against holding a referendum (50% to 47%) but also, to Farage’s likely chagrin, a majority for staying in the EU (46% to 43%).

Advertisement

Report this ad

Among voters with the lowest educational profile the appetite for Nexit was much stronger – 69% favour holding a referendum and 64% would vote leave. “If a referendum is held we would expect that, just as in Britain, the turnout among lower educated voters will be relatively high,” said poll organiser Maurice de Hond.

Those voters are also more likely to support far-right leader Geert Wilders, whose Freedom party has a substantial lead in the opinion polls. Wilders pledged on Friday to make a UK-style referendum one of the key issues in the Dutch general election campaign next March.

A Nexit referendum before then is very unlikely. No other Dutch political party supports such a move and the prime minister, Mark Rutte, dismissed the idea as “utterly irresponsible”. He has urged his European colleagues to work towards a settlement with Britain that prioritises stability and “reflects the friendly cooperation of the last 40 years”.

And.

Marine Le Pen, leader of the Front National, has suggested that France could follow Britain in leaving the EU, hailing the Brexit vote as the beginning of “a movement that can’t be stopped”. 

Le Pen has said that if she wins the French presidential election next April, she will hold an in/out referendum on the country’s membership of the EU within six months. That, though, remains a big “if” – even though she is expected to comfortably reach the final round of the presidential runoff.

To all mainstream politicians, however, the idea of a Frexit is abhorrent. François Hollande, the president, is in favour of France remaining within the EU, as are his opponents on the centre-right. Hollande said in the wake of Britain’s vote: “This is a painful choice and it is deeply regrettable both for the UK and Europe.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/27/frexit-nexit-or-oexit-who-will-be-next-to-leave-the-eu

tl;dr version: 

So to the original claim that, "the majority in Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands and Sweden are leaning towards leaving the EU".

What majority? Of citizens? The Sunday Express link had no such data.

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 2

I will go no further with you, Sam. We can play tit for tat all day, but you are much more obsessed than I am.

• Like 2

If even France goes the way of Brexit, that would be the end of the EU. With two of the four biggest economies leaving, the remaining two... Germany and Italy, would not be enough to support the money suckers that the rest of the EU can be.

• Like 1

On 2/19/2017 at 7:50 AM, Agent0range said:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/swedes-scratch-heads-trumps-suggestion-major-incident-121438182--politics.html

The media are the ones that lie, right?  Yesterday Trump made up another terror attack.  This time in Sweden.  At least Sweden had the balls to respond quickly, and call it an outright lie.  Want to know why the media can't go a day without bashing Trump?  Because he can't go a day without doing something absolutely ridiculous.

And today many media outlets came back and said what Trump said was true.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/20/trump-may-have-been-unclear-but-sweden-experiencing-migrant-crime-wave.html

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-20/meanwhile-rioting-breaks-out-sweden

So, it seems that the Media that screamed, "Fake News!", was itself pushing fake news.

Edited by DieChecker
  • Like 1

On 2/19/2017 at 9:34 AM, and then said:

Wow.  FTR, yeah, I loathed the guy.  I believe he is hands down the worst POTUS in my lifetime, he even managed to make Carter look better by comparison.  At least Carter seemed sincere.  Other than the birther silliness, what else was done to Obama that looks vaguely like today's reaction to Trump?  I'm not talking about the refusal to help move Obama's agenda.  Unfortunately, that kind of foot-dragging is baked into our system.  There is ZERO comparison to the Trump presidency due solely to the media.  The talking heads, with the exception of Foxnews about 80% of the time, were shamelessly, slavishly sold out FOR Obama.  That is the difference.  I really hope that Trump's presidency turns out to be the hill they die on.  Metaphorically, of course.

We've been hugging the Arabians ever since, and administering the largest transfer of wealth in US history to the Middle East to make sure we get our oil.   10 years of zero percent interest rates from the Fed instead of Jimmy C's T-bills.  

And if Obama really is the worst President in your lifetime, don't think that comparing Trump to Obama is a winning argument.

On 2/19/2017 at 9:34 AM, and then said:

• 1 month later...

Inside Bannon’s struggle: From ‘shadow president’ to Trump’s marked man

When Stephen K. Bannon reported for work Wednesday, he did not act like a man who had just been publicly humiliated by his boss.

The White House chief strategist cycled in and out of the Oval Office for meetings with President Trump and took a seat in the front row of the East Room for the afternoon visit of NATO’s secretary general, flanked by some of the very advisers with whom he has been feuding.

Read more: Washington Post

• Like 1

This sucks. The one voice of reason is on his way out. Guess war is gonna be the the theme again. Remember establishment people, when this mess is over, you WANTED this way.