Unexplained Mysteries uses cookies. By using the site you consent to our use of cookies as per our Cookie Policy.
Close X
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Mark One

The thread of ridiculous worries

505 posts in this topic

White Unicorn

Several years ago I had a very strange dream. It was 2018 and I saw two jets and a drone flying over the river. One jet had RAF on it! The drone delivered a nuke and I was dead instantly after a bright light. 

It made me so nervous about being attacked by an ally that I still vividly remember that dream when I hear about Trump saying to end NATO!

I know it's silly but I still get nervous from it.

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 8

Mark One

Am I the only bloke here who has mild suspicions about Severn Trent Water and South Oxfordshire?  Amongst the tight nit collection of villages and hamlets is a place called Midsomer.  Hasn't anyone else noticed the body count down there?  I think there is something in the water that turns the locals into homicidal maniacs...well the bods who are still alive, cant be many left nowadays.

http://www.midsomermurders.org/bodycount2.htm

• Like 4

Lilly

Alien abduction (little grey proctologists), gamma ray burst (everything gone in an instant), zombie apocalypse (damn those kids they were right after all), super volcano (right in my backyard)...there's any number of ridiculous worries!

• Like 7

ouija ouija

Merk, please forgive me, this will be my only post in this thread. If I start listing all the ridiculous things that worry me I will have a nervous breakdown.  

• Like 7

Essan

I worry that the world isn't going to end before I die.  I'd hate to miss it!

• Like 3

Essan

I also worry that ouija ouija is going to have a nervous breakdown!  :D

• Like 7

oldrover
7 minutes ago, White Unicorn said:

Several years ago I had a very strange dream. It was 2018 and I saw two jets and a drone flying over the river. One jet had RAF on it! The drone delivered a nuke and I was dead instantly after a bright light. 

It made me so nervous about being attacked by an ally that I still vividly remember that dream when I hear about Trump saying to end NATO!

I know it's silly but I still get nervous from it.

You say that, that's actually nearly happened to me. Well, except for the drone, and the nuclear bit, but other than that...oh, and the planes were U.S Marine Harriers nit RAF. 

I was coming home from Carmarthen when I git stuck for a stupidly long time behind a car who's driver had apparently never seen a roundabout before. After we finally got underway in the dircetion we were heading I remember seeing two jets shoot by low in the distance at a right angle to us. I said to the driver something like 'if it wasn't for that person wd'd be where those jets are now'. He agreed. 

When we dud get to the point where the planes had passed over the road, there was a mass pile up, and just to the left of the road there was a huge furrow in the field. One of the pilots had jettisoned his feul tank right over the road. No serious injuries thankfully. 

• Like 4

Mark One
4 minutes ago, ouija ouija said:

Merk, please forgive me, this will be my only post in this thread. If I start listing all the ridiculous things that worry me I will have a nervous breakdown.  

*notebook & pen at the ready*

No, no Ouija please share and vent all of your secrets worries, old friend...best mate in the world..kiss,kiss.. :D

• Like 4

Lilly

Salmonella recall on lettuce (as I'm eating a salad), tsunami warning issued for the east coast (I live 2 blocks from the ocean), new super flu virus kills everyone over age 60 (self explanatory)...I could go on and on here!

Uh oh...worrying about ridiculous stuff causing immediate fatal stroke!

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 6

seanjo
3 minutes ago, oldrover said:

You say that, that's actually nearly happened to me. Well, except for the drone, and the nuclear bit, but other than that...oh, and the planes were U.S Marine Harriers nit RAF. 

I was coming home from Carmarthen when I git stuck for a stupidly long time behind a car who's driver had apparently never seen a roundabout before. After we finally got underway in the dircetion we were heading I remember seeing two jets shoot by low in the distance at a right angle to us. I said to the driver something like 'if it wasn't for that person wd'd be where those jets are now'. He agreed. 

When we dud get to the point where the planes had passed over the road, there was a mass pile up, and just to the left of the road there was a huge furrow in the field. One of the pilots had jettisoned his feul tank right over the road. No serious injuries thankfully. 

Wales Valleys are used as a low fly training ground, that said, one of those pilots messed up if he had to jettison his fuel tanks, or was he so low he clipped a car with a tank?

• Like 1

oldrover

I'm not a worrier myself. Except about electrical things, I stress about my E cig running out of power, my mobile running out, my car battery, tablet and so on. But these aren't ridiculous worries these are daily occurances. 

• Like 4

seanjo

I used to have dreams of nuclear devastation during the cold war days, but they went away. These days I just don't like the fact I'm getting older and worry that the cure for death will not be found soon!

• Like 4

Essan

I worry that one day they'll find the bodies ....... :o

• Like 6

oldrover
2 minutes ago, seanjo said:

Wales Valleys are used as a low fly training ground, that said, one of those pilots messed up if he had to jettison his fuel tanks, or was he so low he clipped a car with a tank?

Yes, but this was Carmarthenshire quite flat. Although, sadly most/all of the mountains nearer to me have at lesst one plane sticking out of the side of them. 

White Unicorn
1 minute ago, oldrover said:

I'm not a worrier myself. Except about electrical things, I stress about my E cig running out of power, my mobile running out, my car battery, tablet and so on. But these aren't ridiculous worries these are daily occurances. 

The older e cigarettes can explode, you could worry about that LOL I have had butain lighters and an e cigarette do that.

• Like 3

oldrover
Just now, White Unicorn said:

The older e cigarettes can explode, you could worry about that LOL I have had butain lighters and an e cigarette do that.

I must be honest I wouldn't I worry about them exploding, yet I make a consciius effort not to put it in my lap. 

You've had one actually explode? Bloody hell. 

• Like 2

Mark One

These scare me.

32bb4ed9dd0723e98c845ec96ebd1149.jpg

An e-cig that looks like a gun which you then place in your mouth.

Edited by Merk One
  • Like 6

White Unicorn
4 minutes ago, oldrover said:

I must be honest I wouldn't I worry about them exploding, yet I make a consciius effort not to put it in my lap. 

You've had one actually explode? Bloody hell. 

It was an older rechargable e cigarette. I think the lighters exploded from quick temperature changes? 

Edited by White Unicorn
  • Like 2

Mark One
4 minutes ago, White Unicorn said:

It was an older rechargable e cigarette. I think the lighters exploded from quick temperature changes? 

I use a Joyetech Ego AIO Pro & its not blown itself apart yet.  *getting bothered*

• Like 2

oldrover

I remember the Clippers(?) used to go up every onve in a while. Never happened to me though, not yet anyway. 

Edit:it wasn't Clipper it was Bic. 

Edited by oldrover
  • Like 2

oldrover
9 minutes ago, Merk One said:

These scare me.

32bb4ed9dd0723e98c845ec96ebd1149.jpg

An e-cig that looks like a gun which you then place in your mouth.

That is a little nihlistic for me. 

• Like 1