Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

YOU ARE BANNED (Part 7)

Mark One

Banned because although I like bees, they do not like me and sting me, causing me to let loose a string of words that make moms cover their kids' ears.   

• Like 4

Banned for mistaking a bee for a wasp

• Like 2

Not banned for yup, bees don't sting unless provoked, while wasps will actually change their direction just to land on you and sting you. For no good reason at all. 

True story: I'm not allergic, my mother is (it's not too serious allergy, but she does have significantly worse than usual reaction to bee and wasp stings). While I was never stung by a wasp, she regularly is. It's weird, once we were standing together, wasp flies by, no one even notices it or waves a hand, nothing, but the wasp lands on her and stings her. 

There must be some biochemistry there. It can't be coincidence. But it could be because I actually take wasps out of buckets of water in summer. I don't let them drown. I will swat them when they annoy me, but I don't let them drown. 

Everyone banned for almost not expecting I will say something insane in the end :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Banned for being a closet wasp whisperer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Banned for oh, no, no, no... I rather wouldn't whisper to wasps in a closet. 

• Like 3

Banned for: let's not talk about wasps any more .....  they give me the creeps.

• Like 4

Banned for all right. I was going to change subject to hornets anyway. We had hornet invasion few years back, for some reason they decided to build nests in chimneys in our and neighbouring villages.

But it wasn't dangerous because they don't attack people whom they know. I'm serious. It's an old folk belief, supported with one fatal case. If you live next to hornet nest, they will tolerate you (provided you don't try to swat them or something). If a guest arrives and comes too close, they attack. At least that was the explanation why a guy who dropped by to a house with hornet nest was stung to death. No one else was stung, not once, though there were several people standing right next to him. Not that I wish to test that belief. So it was a relief when 'their' year was over.   

I had to shower the pear tree before picking the pears, because hornets for some reason really love pears while they - now this is obvious - hate water. Neighbours thought I'm doing something crazy again, asked what the hell am I doing now. No one approves or disapproves, but the next day, they're showering their fruit-bearing trees :lol: It doesn't take a lot of water, just a little fake rain through a hose and the hornets are gone. 

Am I still talking? Really. Well, I am insane. But you're still reading. What's your excuse? 

Edited by Helen of Annoy
I'm half-literate. Just enough to see some mistakes, but not enough to not make them.
  • Haha 2

Banned for bringing back memories of when I got stung by a hornet when I was a child.....

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Banning myself instead of you because that certainly isn't the kind of memory that should be brought back. 

• Like 3

Unbanning Helen d/t her having mercy on me and it IS the season, ya' know.....:  :) 

• Like 3

Banned for reminding me there must be presents too. First on 6th of December, St. Nicolaus brings them, then on Christmas, naturally, Baby Jesus brings them, but then comes the New Year and Father Frost brings some too... and if you happen to know some Orthodox people, double the Christmas and the New Year too...   

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Banned for... its the season to be jolly a wally

• Haha 3

Banned for it isn't the season of the Wally.  It's the season of the trollied.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Banned for thanks for expanding my vocabulary, but you could teach me some decent words too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Banned for ignoring the indecent words ..... they are the most useful! :P

MissJatti is unbanned because she looks so pretty in her seasonal outfit. :yes:

• Like 4

Banned for reminding me I looked like Grim Reaper in my seasonal outfit today. (Long black hooded snow jacket, only I had an umbrella in case of snow instead of scythe in my hand.) 

• Haha 3

banned for you look more like the krampus 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Banned for giving me nightmares about Krampus...

• Like 3

Banned for worrying about Krampus. He only chains and drags to Hell those who really did their worst to deserve that and who have no clear conscience to give them courage to laugh at him.    

• Like 2

Banned for going to heaven

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Banned for being green with envy! :innocent: < me!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1