Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Looking for the Ark of the Covenant

Alfaman

Your thoughts please on what you think it was really, personally I think it was some sort of superconductor used to make "manna".

There is a thread already...if you want to know just have a look there rather than make a new post.

There is a thread already...if you want to know just have a look there rather than make a new post.

705163[/snapback]

Bio-Maga were is it some how i have missed that thread and would like to read it thanks ISIS grin2.gif

I beleive the Ark of the Covenant contained a speedy red sports car as shown in your avatar.

• 11 years later...

Archaeological Dig to Begin at Biblical Site Where Ark of the Covenant Once Stood

This summer, archaeologists will begin the first-ever excavation of the major Biblical site where the Ark of the Covenant was kept for two decades before King David conveyed it to Jerusalem.

The site, known in Hebrew as Kiryat Ye’arim and often transliterated at Kiriath Jearim, is mentioned over a dozen times in the Bible as a Judean town near Jerusalem during the period of Biblical history associated with the judges and King David. Today, it remains one of the last such Biblical landmarks unstudied.

The Book of Samuel tells of the moving of the Ark from Beit Shemesh to Kiryat Ye’arim after it was returned to the Israelites by the Philistines, who were stricken with disease in punishment for having stolen the sacred Ark in battle. There, the Ark resided for twenty years as the people of Israel began to turn from idol worship back to God.

Read more at https://www.breakingisraelnews.com/83503/mysteries-arks-journey-revealed-excavation-begins-site-ark-covenant/#psEtzbUB1Q7I1HxT.99

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, back to earth said:

Gosh !    Maybe they find where the ark   ........       was       :huh:

Yeah in all the speculation about ark they don't often considered the simplest answer - the Babylonian looted it, threw the stones away and melted the gold and some soldier used the wood for his evening dinner fire.

• Like 3

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2008/05/The-Lost-Ark-of-the-Covenant-Still-Lost.aspx

I believe it was a drum, with gun powder. Moses said in Deuteronomy he alone made the original  ark ,from the thunder  of the mountain.  What else could he have made in the wilderness.? I believe the  earlier   ark  that was portrayed  was glorified by writers  to look like the Egyptians arks of which Moses would never ever had made.

hwesa.jpg

Egyptian_ark.jpg

Edited by docyabut2

17 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I believe it was a drum, with gun powder. Moses said in Deuteronomy he alone made the original  ark ,from the thunder  of the mountain.  What else could he have made in the wilderness.? I believe the  earlier   ark  that was portrayed  was glorified by writers  to look like the Egyptians arks of which Moses would never ever had made.

**Standard statement that the Bible is not a historical document and to use it as such is a deliberate mistake**

--Murphlebot

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, jaylemurph said:

**Standard statement that the Bible is not a historical document and to use it as such is a deliberate mistake**

--Murphlebot

I just think writers  glorified real events in history, just like in the tale of  Atlantis covering it all in gold and metals. in Deuteronomy Moses said he made the ark out of  only wood

Edited by docyabut2

i read a book back in the days by Graham Hancock and he said it was in Ethiopia. Dont know if someone ever follow up on this.

Also, i thought the ark would be revealed this tuesday on The Curse of Oak Island season 4 finale ...

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I once saw a documentary where a doctor Henry Walton Jones Jr. found the ark and it is now stored in a US government warehouse. It is being looked after by top... men.

On a more serious note, as far as I know we have no confirmation of the ark outside the bible, so the simplest answer might be that it never really existed in the first place.

I think it did exist as a old  dilapidated  drum,  but like the bible said it only exists in heaven now

20 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I just think writers  glorified real events in history, just like in the tale of  Atlantis covering it all in gold and metals. in Deuteronomy Moses said he made the ark out of  only wood

Wood is OK.  I would stay away from gunpowder though.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

Wood is OK.  I would stay away from gunpowder though.

well they did find in the deserts , metals that can start on fire.

2 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I think it did exist as a old  dilapidated  drum, 

The only description we have of the ark is from the old testament and it is not desribed as an old dilapidated drum there. 

25:10 And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.  
25:11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.  
25:12 And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four corners thereof; and two rings shall be in the one side of it, and two rings in the other side of it.  
25:13 And thou shalt make staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold.  
25:14 And thou shalt put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, that the ark may be borne with them.  

25:15 The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.

but like the bible said it only exists in heaven now

So we have an object that may not actually exist, hiding in a place that may not actually exist. :innocent:

• Like 7

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

well they did find in the deserts , metals that can start on fire.

What flammable metal can you find in the Sinai ?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

The only description we have of the ark is from the old testament and it is not desribed as an old dilapidated drum there. 

25:10 And they shall make an ark of shittim wood: two cubits and a half shall be the length thereof, and a cubit and a half the breadth thereof, and a cubit and a half the height thereof.  
25:11 And thou shalt overlay it with pure gold, within and without shalt thou overlay it, and shalt make upon it a crown of gold round about.  
25:12 And thou shalt cast four rings of gold for it, and put them in the four corners thereof; and two rings shall be in the one side of it, and two rings in the other side of it.  
25:13 And thou shalt make staves of shittim wood, and overlay them with gold.  
25:14 And thou shalt put the staves into the rings by the sides of the ark, that the ark may be borne with them.  

25:15 The staves shall be in the rings of the ark: they shall not be taken from it.

So we have an object that may not actually exist, hiding in a place that may not actually exist. :innocent:

According to the Book of Exodus, God instructed Moses on Mount Sinai during his 40-day stay upon the mountain within the thick and( thunderess)  cloud and darkness where God was[4][5] and he was shown the pattern for the tabernacle and furnishings of the Ark to be made of shittim wood . Moses instructed Bezalel and Oholiab to construct the Ark.[6][7] In Deuteronomy, however, the Ark is said to have been built specifically by Moses himself without reference of Bezalel or Oholiab.[

1 minute ago, docyabut2 said:

According to the Book of Exodus, God instructed Moses on Mount Sinai during his 40-day stay upon the mountain within the thick and( thunderess)  cloud and darkness where God was[4][5] and he was shown the pattern for the tabernacle and furnishings of the Ark to be made of shittim wood . Moses instructed Bezalel and Oholiab to construct the Ark.[6][7] In Deuteronomy, however, the Ark is said to have been built specifically by Moses himself without reference of Bezalel or Oholiab.[

Contradictions in the bible..... nah that can't be. Afterall the bible is a divinely inspired account of the real world ! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, docyabut2 said:

http://www.biblearchaeology.org/post/2008/05/The-Lost-Ark-of-the-Covenant-Still-Lost.aspx

hwesa.jpg

Egyptian_ark.jpg

Why would not Moses have made an ark like that Docy   ? .... He was, after all,    an Egyptyian   himself !  

57 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

Selective quoting eh Docy ? 

Exodus 25:10-16"They shall construct an ark of acacia wood two and a half cubits long, and one and a half cubits wide, and one and a half cubits high. "You shall overlay it with pure gold, inside and out you shall overlay it, and you shall make a gold molding around it. "You shall cast four gold rings for it and fasten them on its four feet, and two rings shall be on one side of it and two rings on the other side of it.

same at   Exodus 37:1-5

Exodus 25:17-21"You shall make a mercy seat of pure gold, two and a half cubits long and one and a half cubits wide. "You shall make two cherubim of gold, make them of hammered work at the two ends of the mercy seat. "Make one cherub at one end and one cherub at the other end; you shall make the cherubim of one piece with the mercy seat at its two ends

Exodus 37:6-9He made a mercy seat of pure gold, two and a half cubits long and one and a half cubits wide. He made two cherubim of gold; he made them of hammered work at the two ends of the mercy seat; one cherub at the one end and one cherub at the other end; he made the cherubim of one piece with the mercy seat at the two ends

Are you trying to cheat by not quoting your Bible properly Docy ? 

Moses would not have built anything in references to the Egyptian arks, that  they were escaping .

According to what I've read the ark was built by Moses to house the commandments. The ark was built from acacia wood and to be decorated accordingly as was commanded by God himself. If all the Jews knew was Egyptian then its only natural that the decorations would resemble Egyptian art.

48 minutes ago, jarjarbinks said:

i read a book back in the days by Graham Hancock and he said it was in Ethiopia. Dont know if someone ever follow up on this.

Also, i thought the ark would be revealed this tuesday on The Curse of Oak Island season 4 finale ...

Yes indeed !  It was well followed up in other docos ; they went to the place where it is kept , and  they showed some of the objects associated with it .

For some reason they were nothing like they were in the bible ... but exactly like the early ironwork of Ethiopians   of a few centuries back     :rolleyes:

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, docyabut2 said:

I think it did exist as a old  dilapidated  drum,  but like the bible said it only exists in heaven now

Oh ... so now Bible quotes without the quote altogether ? 

• Like 1