Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Last night in Sweden

Noteverythingisaconspiracy

9 minutes ago, seeder said:

I wasnt directing my words to you, as a poster.... what I meant was that all threads so far posted about Trump, are about his alleged incompetence

Not one thread exists so far that he may be a GREAT president.....the media is in a frenzy for ANY potential wrong thing that Trump may do or say

Here, knock yourself out. :D

• Like 2

Bowling Green Massacre the Sequel: Revenge of Kellyanne

• Like 3

Wouldn't it be amusing if everyone here had constant monitoring of everything they say in public? At some point, everyone would be made the fool once in a while. Also it's noteworthy to say that when speaking in front of a large crowd, many people forget or mis-speak.

Edited by NightScreams
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Noteverythingisaconspiracy said:

I don't really care about the US politics angle, hence why I didn't post this in the US section, but when you are talking about what happens in other countries I think a minimum of research is a reasonable expectation. 

True. That was an unnecessary high-jack and I apologize.

For those who'd like to carry on with the American political aspect:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NightScreams said:

Wouldn't it be amusing if everyone here had constant monitoring of everything they say in public? At some point, everyone would be made the fool once in a while

I refer you to my post #53.

Never mind, wont bring U.S. politics to Europe forum. 

Edited by Odin11
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Lilly said:

I do think we all need to keep in mind though, there's purposeful lying and then there's just plain mistakes. One is not equivalent to the other.

When a 'mistake' is not admitted or properly apologised for (particularly when the person is in what was once a respected position and then refuses to be fully responsible for what they say, and quickly moves on (aka the Gish gallop), then in my opinion they are pretty much equivalent...  

This is the nearest I've seen to an apology for this scare mongering from Trump's twittering:

My statement as to what's happening in Sweden was in reference to a story that was broadcast on @FoxNews concerning immigrants & Sweden.

So what *was* he referring to?  During a news story, a film-maker (yes, a film-maker.....) claimed, without any supporting information, that there was a crime wave in Sweden that was supposedly (again, no support given) directly related to an influx of immigrants.  That's it.

So Trump turned that into:

You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible

Given the 'last night' reference, he was clearly implying an incident, not an increase in crime over time, even if that was evidenced, which it wasn't....

And, yet he complains about 'fake news'.   To me, the irony is the only unbelievable thing here, especially coming so soon after the 'Bowling Attack' faux pas - same tactics, same fake news, but coming from those whining about the way the media treats them...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, bee said:

If something happened that could be kept quiet perhaps the Swedish public wouldn't know about it..?

http://freewestmedia.com/2017/02/09/second-swedish-police-officers-blows-whistle-on-migrant-crime-cover-up/

Absolutely, they are talking about charging the other cop for hate speech.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-08/swedish-cop-who-spoke-out-about-immigrant-crime-now-being-investigated-hate-speech

• Like 3

Donald Trump is right, there was a recent attack in Sweden. By neo-Nazis on a refugee centre

US President could have been referring to largely underreported 'politically motivated' incident in Gothenburg

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/donald-trump-terror-attack-claim-sweden-neo-nazis-refugee-centre-florida-rally-a7588516.html

Trump is right: Sweden’s refugee policy has led to problems it never imagined
http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2017/02/trump-right-swedens-refugee-policy-led-problems-never-thought-possible/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ashotep said:

another reason perhaps for the Swedes to hush the media is that..... their taxes are going up.....despite the facts of all the migrant crimes etc

Sweden needs to RAISE TAXES to fund migrants, MP reveals as ‘integration DOESN’T work’
SWEDISH taxpayers will see hikes in their contributions to cope with the cost of the European migrant crisis.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/768996/Sweden-European-Migrant-Crisis

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashotep said:

How about finding a link that contains the actual figures from a respected and cross-referenced/verifiable source, rather than someone's handwaved claims?

What if, heaven forbid, he was a racist just exaggerating or making all this stuff up?  (Dare I say it - just like Trump has done here..)  You can't have it both ways and just select the information you want to believe.. UNLESS you do the hard yards and do some serious fact checking.

Thing is, it shouldn't be all that hard to verify.. or disprove.. - I can't imagine a court system risking falsifying records (in fact I can't see how they could, given that most court listings are published on a daily basis, and most courts are also open to the public (well, they are here..).  So why doesn't some enthusiastic non-faker-of-news just check the Swedish court listings and see if the majority of crimes are truly done by Muslim-sounding names....  I suspect the truth will, as always, lie somewhere between the two opposing viewpoints.  And, as always, it will be closer to one side than the other.....    I'm happy to look at actual numbers (and I'm pretty good at verifying stuff..) and then we can see what's really happening.. if anything.

So. where are the actual numbers?  Let's not be afraid of what they actually show... :D

BTW, just to show I'm willing to look (even tho severely time-challenged right now) - I *have* found a source that seems legit :D for a breakdown of crime in Sweden according to country of origin.  While some middle eastern countries are a little on the high side, it seems to reflect the likely income levels, rather than the countries/religions/whatever.  And of course we'd need to look at the actual numbers of immigrants from each region too, along with some other factors....  I won't link to that one just yet, as I haven't had time to verify it..

But if genuinely interested, you may wish to start here:

http://www.thelocal.se/20170112/swedens-2016-crime-stats-analyzed

That does't include a breakdown, but it does state that while crimes in Sweden did go up a bit in 2016.. they went down in 2015!  In fact, the crime rate in Sweden looks to be fairly constant (although such proclamations need to be done with some care..).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, and then said:

Yeah, how dare he be human.  Kind of like this?:  http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/57states.asp

11 hours ago, sees said:

What nonsense. It had nothing to do with naming the wrong country. He jumped all over a Fox News story, spouting it as though it were fact, when it was bull****. Your President gets his national security and foreign affairs info from Fox News it seems. What a joke. I mean seriously, the US is a massive joke right now.

Why are people still defending this buffoon? You know it's bad when liberals are agreeing with John McCain.

• Like 3

It's pretty obvious to me that 'look at what's happening last night in Sweden'
is just a way of saying 'look at what's happening right now in Sweden'

But those who take every opportunity to Trash Trump dived on it like vultures*
to try and use it against him - it must be all they've got to take attention away
from the Florida speech in general - 

here's the transcript and the full segment where the words now being used in the orchestrated
conspiracy  against Trump were spoken ---   

http://www.vox.com/2017/2/18/14659952/trump-transcript-rally-melbourne-florida

"Here's the bottom line. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening. We've got to keep our country safe. You look at what's happening in Germany, you look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what's happening in Brussels. You look at what's happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris. We've allowed thousands and thousands of people into our country and there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing. So we're going to keep our country safe." [/b]

*apologies to actual vultures who live in the wild

Edited by bee
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, Lilly said:

I do think we all need to keep in mind though, there's purposeful lying and then there's just plain mistakes. One is not equivalent to the other.

I wouldn't be so sure. He used this non existent example in the same 1 minute segment of speech where he told his supporters that immigrants/refugees were hardly vetted. That's a truly massive and astounding lie. The US has an incredible amount of vetting for refugees.

• Like 3

@bee

No, it's not. Why does Trump have all of these desperate apologists? The man is horrifying. With this latest example he has shown that it isn't really 'muslim terrorists' that he has a problem with, but muslims in general, because he was referring to an immigration problem, not a terrorist problem. But you guys just don't care. I mean when he's openly stated that your Mexican brothers are rapists and degenerate criminals and you still voted for him why would you have a problem when he spouts more prejudiced views about muslims?  The right of America should be ashamed of themselves that they have allowed this man to happen.

Edited by ExpandMyMind
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, seeder said:

another reason perhaps for the Swedes to hush the media is that..... their taxes are going up.....despite the facts of all the migrant crimes etc

there comes a point when even an indoctrinated politically correct population like the Swedes
who are being used as a forerunner? in the social engineering experiment in Europe will rebel -

but sadly by then the country has already been given away and basically ruined by treacherous
politicians - it's happening all over Europe including here is the UK and to say it's a shame is
the understatement of the century - :(

• Like 2

@ExpandMyMind

calm down you are being used by the billionaire globalists - who do not have your
best interests at heart -

if only you could expand your mind to understand that Trump is your friend not
your enemy -

:) 

PS -- I've just re read your mini rant and .....have you noticed I come from England?
It looks like you think I'm American...

you said...''''''But you guys just don't care. I mean when he's openly stated that your Mexican brothers are rapists and degenerate criminals and you still voted for him'''''''

huh...? 

Edited by bee
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, bee said:

@ExpandMyMind

calm down you are being used by the billionaire globalists - who do not have your
best interests at heart -

if only you could expand your mind to understand that Trump is your friend not
your enemy -

:) 

PS -- I've just re read your mini rant and .....have you noticed I come from England?
It looks like you think I'm American...

you said...''''''But you guys just don't care. I mean when he's openly stated that your Mexican brothers are rapists and degenerate criminals and you still voted for him'''''''

huh...? 

I knew you were from England, but you're being apologist with regards to Trump in your previous post. 'I think he meant . . . ' is what you stated, trying to make excuses, when the facts are already readily available. If you think Trump is any average Joe's friend, then there's something wrong. He's one of the elite.

Regarding my quote, Trump said that on the campaign trail.

And I'm from Scotland.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, ExpandMyMind said:

I knew you were from England, but you're being apologist with regards to Trump in your previous post. 'I think he meant . . . ' is what you stated, trying to make excuses, when the facts are already readily available. If you think Trump is any average Joe's friend, then there's something wrong. He's one of the elite.

Regarding my quote, Trump said that on the campaign trail.

And I'm from Scotland.

well I tried to help you and expand your mind --- but look at the thanks I get -- 

oh well never mind .... ;)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, bee said:

well I tried to help you and expand your mind --- but look at the thanks I get -- 

oh well never mind .... ;)

It seems a few interviews with and strong vocal support for Alex Jones has done wonders for Trump amongst the conspiracy community.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ExpandMyMind said:

What nonsense. It had nothing to do with naming the wrong country. He jumped all over a Fox News story, spouting it as though it were fact, when it was bull****. Your President gets his national security and foreign affairs info from Fox News it seems. What a joke. I mean seriously, the US is a massive joke right now.

Why are people still defending this buffoon? You know it's bad when liberals are agreeing with John McCain.

1.  This "buffoon" won 61 million votes in 31 states and became the 45th president of the U.S.

2.  The U.S. citizens who voted for him did so primarily because they rejected another 4 years of the agenda of the Democrats.

3.  Americans are struggling, like most around the world, economically.  We have seen our nation pushed hard to the Left against the desires of more than half the people.  In that context, most care not a whit about what "the world" thinks of us.  

4.  I will repeat it again.  Trump will be untouchable politically until the media can separate him from the support of his voters.  

5.  John McCain (and Lindsey Graham) represent the establishment in D.C. and share far more in common with the Democrats than with Trump.  You can be sure that both of these Senators will continue to disagree with and take jabs in the press against Trump.  They will not push impeachment until they can raise the votes, though.  See #4.

6.  We had a saying in the southern U.S. when I was growing up.  In response to complaining by people who had no power to change a decision - "F'em if they can't take a joke".  

1. Scary

2. Stupid

3. Thre million less than half the people

4. Number one because they're number two

5. They're also not crazy. Arseholes, but not nutjobs

6. Jokes in the south about people not being able to change things? In your era? I'm not even touching that one

Edited by ExpandMyMind

My theory is that Trump was half asleep while watching Fox News after a long day at work. He woke up occasionally and saw that they were talking about Sweden, and saw that Swedish police officers were interviewed, and that lead him to think that something had happened in Sweden.