Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

2 young teens murdered

Myles

http://wane.com/2017/02/16/indiana-home-searched-in-investigation-of-girls-deaths/

DELPHI, Ind. (AP) —  Police say a task force investigating the slayings of two northern Indiana teenage girls didn’t find any solid evidence during the search of a house.

No one has been arrested in the deaths of 14-year-old Liberty German and 13-year-old Abigail Williams. Their bodies were found Tuesday about a quarter-mile from an abandoned railroad bridge that’s part of a trail system where a family member left them Monday to go hiking on a day off school. Their deaths have been ruled a double-homicide.

Edited by Saru
Trimmed for length
  • Like 7

I read about this and I hope they catch the person or people responsible.  These two girls will not get a chance to grow up because of some low life criminal.  Feel so sorry for them and the family. 

Edit:  I would have a hard time recognizing this man from the photo.  It would take someone that knew him.

Edited by Ashotep
  • Like 7

This kind of news upset me, I would like 2 minutes with this person .  

• Like 6

14 minutes ago, Darkenpath25 said:

This kind of news upset me, I would like 2 minutes with this person .  

I would join you for those 2 minutes.   No mercy. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Myles said:

I would join you for those 2 minutes.   No mercy. 

Two minutes wouldn't be enough.

• Like 6

12 hours ago, Likely Guy said:

Two minutes wouldn't be enough.

I was thinking a few weeks... maybe years

• Like 5

I've been watching this story unfold... I think I saw it in the news before the bodies were found, definitely before the bodies were officially identified, and my initial impression was that it wasn't an opportunistic crime, that is, I thought the perp must have somehow known that those girls would be there, but at this point, I have to say that I really don't have a strong impression re: that aspect. The man appears to me to be familiar with the area because although it's remote, he was (evidently) comfortable enough to have carried out this horrific crime very near to where the girls were last known to be alive.

The perp appears to me to be around his early thirties and as far as I can tell, an outdoors type, namely fisherman, hunter, and indeed, the area allows for hunting and fishing. 

Particular aspects of this case remind me of the 2012 unsolved case of the abduction/murder of two young female cousins in Evansdale, Iowa, about 400 miles away. (We have a thread about that case.) In that case, the the girls were abducted from where they'd been bike riding around a small town lake and months later, their remains were discovered about 25 miles away in a very remote wildlife area.

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Still nothing on this.

Colts ex punter Pat Mcafee has added more money to the reward for information.

This pic is about all they have to go after.   I have to think it looks familiar to someone.

http://www.knowyourleak.com/Photo-Released-In-Delphi-Investigation-179309.html

• Like 3

There is way to many evil people in this world. For someone to just kill is not a sickness it is not a mental disorder. These people plan there attack. There should be NO mercy on them for they had no mercy given to them.

• Like 2

I remember seeing this on our news in Philadelphia. I really hope they catch this person soon. So much evil in the world. I'm over the mental disorder excuse too. There's seems to be an awful lot of unknown, undiagnosed mental illness that no one seems to be aware of. Are people totally blind or do they choose to ignore others around them that don't act like all their pistons are firing?

Maybe it's just my ears, but I hear the word go in the audio from the one girl's cellphone. It sounds like a man saying "go down the hill". Wondering if anyone else is hearing that.

It also says a grainy pic of a man was on the girl's phone.  It says it was released to the public. Why would this girl take this man's picture if he didn't approach them? Especially if she had the awareness to record a man talking to them. Seems to me it would be the same guy. Are the pictures we're seeing from a trail camera or this girl's phone? The link in post #2 shows the same man in 2 different positions. It would help to know if one of them was from Liberty's cell phone.

Edited by susieice
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, susieice said:

I remember seeing this on our news in Philadelphia. I really hope they catch this person soon. So much evil in the world. I'm over the mental disorder excuse too. There's seems to be an awful lot of unknown, undiagnosed mental illness that no one seems to be aware of. Are people totally blind or do they choose to ignore others around them that don't act like all their pistons are firing?

Maybe it's just my ears, but I hear the word go in the audio from the one girl's cellphone. It sounds like a man saying "go down the hill". Wondering if anyone else is hearing that.

It also says a grainy pic of a man was on the girl's phone.  It says it was released to the public. Why would this girl take this man's picture if he didn't approach them? Especially if she had the awareness to record a man talking to them. Seems to me it would be the same guy. Are the pictures we're seeing from a trail camera or this girl's phone? The link in post #2 shows the same man in 2 different positions. It would help to know if one of them was from Liberty's cell phone.

I'm not sure where the pic came from.   While it is not a great pic, I thought it would be enough to get the guy.  

After a month, I'm feeling like he got away with it.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Myles said:

I'm not sure where the pic came from.   While it is not a great pic, I thought it would be enough to get the guy.  

After a month, I'm feeling like he got away with it.  

Yes. The two pics are definitely of the same man. If one came from the girl's cellphone, then he's the person that approached them. Why else would she take the pic? Police said she only took one, so the other must have come from a trail cam. In any case, it's a picture of the man who interacted with the girls. I hope someone can identify him. Get the feeling someone out there can and isn't speaking up.

• Like 1

Is it just me, or does this man seem to be carrying a plastic bag of some sort in the photos? I'm not from that state, so I'm not familiar with the park or the town, but it looks as though he has a plastic bag in his left hand. Could he have been cutting through the park after running an errand, and then happened to come across the girls on his way home? If there are any gas stations or convenience stores near the park maybe the police should check video surveillance tapes from any stores near that park on the day they were murdered. They might luck out and get a better picture of him that someone would definitely recognize. Also, does anyone know how they were killed? I'm not too familiar with this case, but I do remember hearing about it briefly on my local news.

4 minutes ago, Future ghost said:

Is it just me, or does this man seem to be carrying a plastic bag of some sort in the photos? I'm not from that state, so I'm not familiar with the park or the town, but it looks as though he has a plastic bag in his left hand. Could he have been cutting through the park after running an errand, and then happened to come across the girls on his way home? If there are any gas stations or convenience stores near the park maybe the police should check video surveillance tapes from any stores near that park on the day they were murdered. They might luck out and get a better picture of him that someone would definitely recognize. Also, does anyone know how they were killed? I'm not too familiar with this case, but I do remember hearing about it briefly on my local news.

The " bag" appears to be somewhat clear, hanging behind his left leg as he's walking, and his hands are through handles of the bag and in his pocket. I guess it could just be a trick of light and shadows, but in this day and age we have the technology to clean up crappy photos,- so someone needs to do that asap.

• 3 weeks later...

this story makes me feel sick and have no faith in man kind , such evil. i feel or in my opinion he didnt come across them by accident or by a chance .... he was stalking them and watching for awhile . i don't think he hunts or lives there but i do believe he goes to the area a lot.id put money on him being a locale resident but not a family friend or they didn't know him but he had watched those girl a lot and for some strange reason i feel he had a big dog with him and walked his dog along that trail a lot and knows the area well . a germen shepard and from the picture of the guy you can see the rolled up dog leash in his jacket.if not a collar a long peice  of braided rope with black tape wrapped around it on both ends. call me crazy , maybe wrong but just how i feel as i read and look at the pictures .also i feel this person is a very bad person that is completly bat **** crazy and hopefully they catch him and place him in general population for him to meet a very violent end .

• Like 2

Not much to update:

http://fox59.com/2017/04/03/man-admits-to-driving-to-dump-on-day-delphi-teens-were-found-murdered-on-his-property/

DELPHI, Ind. – Ron Logan admitted to a Carroll County judge that he violated probation by driving to a county dumpsite on the day two young Delphi girls were murdered on his land.

Investigators told FOX59 that Logan’s unauthorized road trip on February 13, the day Liberty Germany and Abigail Williams disappeared, happened hours before the two girls were dropped off at a hiking trail east of town.

Logan is not considered a suspect in the killings.

The 77-year-old man was on probation for a 2014 operating while intoxicated conviction and was found to be a habitual traffic offender.

His high-profile locally and in news reports about the killings coincided with not only the trip to the Carroll County Waste Transfer Station but also an admitted visit to a restaurant in Tippecanoe County, where Logan was spotted drinking alcohol in violation of his probation.

Logan was jailed and held without bond one month ago.

“We allege that he violated those conditions of his probation by drinking, by having access to his vehicle which he wasn’t supposed to have and by driving while he’s adjudicated as a habitual traffic violator,” said Deputy Prosecutor Jerry Beam after Logan accepted a guilty plea. “There would have been evidence and/or testimony about his driving to the transfer station and also to the fact that he consumed alcoholic beverages at the Americus Pizza King.”

Logan remains held without bond and returns for sentencing next Monday

He faces up to four-and-a-half years in prison.

77 seems kind of long in the tooth to be surprising and overpowering two teenagers at once, also that's a pretty big leap from OWI to double murder

6 hours ago, The Russian Hare said:

77 seems kind of long in the tooth to be surprising and overpowering two teenagers at once, also that's a pretty big leap from OWI to double murder

I agree with most in this statement.   Not sure about the ability to over power them though. 

There are actually some older folks who are in surprisingly good shape, and could he have also been armed? That wouldn't take any overpowering at all, just a " come with me, or I'll shoot you". Just a thought.

There's a guy in his late 70's, early 80's I see at the ymca that has been doing yoga and walking miles every day for something like 30 years. He's in darn good shape.

Edited by skliss
  • Like 1

i think when this thing is caught...........fellow in mates will teach prison code pretty fast...........

31 minutes ago, cluey said:

i think when this thing is caught...........fellow in mates will teach prison code pretty fast...........

At least he'll get what he has coming to him.If one of those girls were my daughter prison would be a vacation for him. But from what I have heard prison justice is not something he'll enjoy. Good! He deserves every horrible thing they do to him, and then some. Hope he gets life so he can experience prison justice every day.