Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WH Blocks MSM from Press Briefing

Dark_Grey

So what a handful of outlets that have gone out of their way to be unfair got the boot. Too bad so sad. This is not North Korea. North Koreans only get official Kim Jong propaganda television and internet. These few media outlets have not been banned from operation or suppressed in their ability to do their reporting. They just can't get in to rub elbows and ask questions. The big three are biased to the left as hell. It is not only Trump friendly networks allowed in. The press is not untouchable and maybe they need this check.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thanato said:

How would you suggest they behave? Fall in line and stop asking questions counter to the government? 

Ask questions about REAL issues, then report the ANSWERS that were given, rather than their SPIN of what he said.  If they find, upon investigation that lies were told, then provide EVIDENCE of the lies, not rumor or gossamer rantings from "analysts" or unnamed sources.  In short, they should be REPORTERS, not political HACKS!  The people here are sick of their bull**** and loud proclamations of how deified THEY are supposed to be.  

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

The affected news organizations released scathing statements blasting the Trump administration for what they described as a troubling incident in President Donald Trump’s ongoing war against the press. (:rofl:)

There is nothing more annoying to me then when a reporter writes an article with the words "blasted" or "slammed" in the title of an article that criticizes someone or some group.  It's just so childish and immature.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Why not said:

TV wise, FOX is the only one that slants toward the right. Print, I'm not sure there are any (of the major news outlets).  But, yes FOX needs to get their act together as well. 

I will say this, if one of these news organizations (TV) decided they were going to cut all the BS and report the news "fair and balanced" they would take over the market. I don't care how much someone hates President Trump, I know they want the straight truth. 

I'm no Trump fan but I am a BIG fan of my country. I want the POTUS who ever it might be to do the right thing and I expect the media to report it the way IT IS. Not they way they want you to see it. That is why so many people here are not happy with the MSM.

See 'fair and balanced' is what everyone should be doing. Whether its the media or even those that they are reporting about. I'm all for that. Democracy should be transparent. You've done nothing wrong then you have nothing to worry about. But Trump and his administration are suggesting that anyone that reports anything negative about the president is presenting fake news. While some might be like accusing Trump of being a racist and thats why hate crime has increased in the U.S. its not necessarily the case with all the Trump and his administration. Example: the news outlets were reporting that the Trump administration was too close to Russia and members of his administration were in contact and dealing with Russia before Trump was even elected, specifically Flynn and Tillerson. Trump denounced this originally as 'fake news' and then down the tract, not long after, the Mike Flynn scandal was exposed. Trump then coving his **** by saying that Flynn lied to Pence and thats why he got the sack. So in actuality it wasn't fake news but rather news that was real but Trump thought he would lump together with the other fake news in order for it to go away. 

Trump is fast becoming the boy that cried wolf.     

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Wickian said:

There is nothing more annoying to me then when a reporter writes an article with the words "blasted" or "slammed" in the title of an article that criticizes someone or some group.  It's just so childish and immature.

News is a business and like all other businesses attracting customers is good business. How can you stop marketing a story with excitable words?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thanato said:

This is kind of funny. For 8 years right wing news outlets did their best to put down Obama. Now that it's their guy in power the media is the enemy. 

The problem is if you destroy the media, more specifically medianthat isnof a different opinion then you are, you end up destroying democracy as the only media is state controlled puppet pieces. A good example of this is the Russian Federation, there is very little opposition to Putin, who has been dictator of russia since 2000. People who oppose putin are arrested, killed, or dissapear. 

I don't disagree with you, but it's a double standard. Saying that, I don't think 'tit-for-tat' games are very productive. 

Someone already posted examples of Obama doing the same thing. Both sides of the argument try to justify underhanded tactics with "yeah but, they did it first", on multiple topics. I don't see how Trump can destroy the media. I think if he continues with this action, he will strengthen the banned organisations. I think he might be well aware of that and this is just a stunt. I could be horribly wrong too. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

News is a business and like all other businesses attracting customers is good business. How can you stop marketing a story with excitable words?

This is the crux of it. The business is selling advertising, first and foremost. The news is molded to suit the target demographic.

CNN would be right wing in a heartbeat if the right megacorps got on board. Follow the money, as they say. 

Trump is scaring the trillionaires.  [/CT]

• Like 5

This won't end well (for Trump). 

Ramping up attacks on the media by a leader will only increase coverage by said media as well as from other outlets world wide.

Instead of actual governance we have this charade by Trump in an effort to boost up his support among his core supporters. That will work but will be the subject of an epic backlash.

There are more important things he should be focused on apart from creating drama with the press.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

This won't end well (for Trump). 

Ramping up attacks on the media by a leader will only increase coverage by said media as well as from other outlets world wide.

Instead of actual governance we have this charade by Trump in an effort to boost up his support among his core supporters. That will work but will be the subject of an epic backlash.

There are more important things he should be focused on apart from creating drama with the press.

The way i see it, Trump is still acting like he's still on the campaign trail. The time for blathering on about insignificant stuff like fake news is over. Time to make good on his promises is here. Trump needs to step up and fill the boots of his predecessors, and act like a dignified president. Otherwise he will go down in history as that president that everyone was embarrassed about. He can start by deleting his twitter account and stop trying to fight the MSM... a battle he will ultimately lose if he continues to persist.   

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 3

This wasn't the daily press brief... regardless:

CNN and Buzzfeed(also excluded) actually deserve a "90 day travel ban" anywhere near the White House after their unverified p***ing prostitutes story a few weeks back. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Captain Risky said:

The way i see it, Trump is still acting like he's still on the campaign trail. The time for blathering on about insignificant stuff like fake news is over. Time to make good on his promises is here. Trump needs to step up and fill the boots of his predecessors, and act like a dignified president. Otherwise he will go down in history as that president that everyone was embarrassed about. He can start by deleting his twitter account and stop trying to fight the MSM... a battle he will ultimately lose if he continues to persist.   

Trump and his administration have been very busy.  The guy is backing up exactly what he campaigned on and received a ton of supprt for.  He's proving everyday he's a man of conviction and integrity.  His Twitter and FB account give him an unfiltered platform to communicate with individuals who do not trust the so-called MSM.  And its very effective. 

The first 30 days Transcripts:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-and-remarks

• Like 4

1 minute ago, acidhead said:

Trump and his administration have been very busy.  The guy is backing up exactly what he campaigned on and received a ton of supprt for.  He's proving everyday he's a man of conviction and integrity.  His Twitter and FB account give him an unfiltered platform to communicate with individuals who do not trust the so-called MSM.  And its very effective. 

The first 30 days Transcripts:

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/speeches-and-remarks

Social media is a wonderful thing and i fully support it. Trump on the other hand has too little self control to master the moderation and nuances associated with direct speech and as such direct communication whilst generally good for a articulate and calm president is unfortunately not the best thing for Trump. Obama and Clinton would have been good at it. Not Trump. Why have a press secretary and allow your cabinet to speak freely to the same press when Trump condemns it 24/7 if all Trump is going to do is pick and choose what news he likes and which is "fake." 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, The Butler said:

This is the crux of it. The business is selling advertising, first and foremost. The news is molded to suit the target demographic.

CNN would be right wing in a heartbeat if the right megacorps got on board. Follow the money, as they say. 

Trump is scaring the trillionaires.  [/CT]

while I take your point and agree that Trump is scaring the trillionaires - [/CT] 

I think that the Media Business is more to do with disseminating agenda driven propaganda
now rather than making profit on advertising -

I'm sure that profit is a very welcome by product but the small group of billionaires
that own and control the MSM would probably keep it all going if it was running at
a loss...?

They can afford to because they would still make money on the economic and political
power that controlling the Media content gives them -

https://www.forbes.com/sites/katevinton/2016/06/01/these-15-billionaires-own-americas-news-media-companies/#7b3e3f01660a

The New York Times is running at a net loss at the moment but they won't let that outlet go
while it is working for them in terms of propaganda and perception management  --

https://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/29/business/media/new-york-times-co-q2-earnings.html?_r=0

I see Trump as a maverick billionaire who has broken ranks with the utterly selfish
control freak billionaires who are now using their media outlets to do everything
they can to bring Trump down --

• Like 2

5 hours ago, bee said:

.I see Trump as a maverick billionaire who has broken ranks with the utterly selfish
control freak billionaires who are now using their media outlets to do everything
they can to bring Trump down --

Yes, I plainly see how he has broken ranks...because there's nothing selfish or control freakish about only talking to media outlets that favor him, and certainly there's no possibility of accusing him of using media outlets as a result of his only talking to media outlets that favor him...haha

• Like 2

Trump is bashing CNN or the NY Times as fake news but praises Fox News. Laughable.

A President should just do it's job and not attempt to control the media according to his very own biases.

Edited by TruthSeeker_
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Dark_Grey said:

BREAKING -- Story in progress

dd97cdb4dc81295915d6333b507bad664287b412

What a great start to the weekend ^_^

http://money.cnn.com/2017/02/24/media/cnn-blocked-white-house-gaggle/
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/white-house-blocks-cnn-new-york-times-press-briefing-1201995894/
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/02/24/white-house-blocks-cnn-new-york-times-and-others-from-press-briefing.html

Before this thread degrades in to more left/right mud flinging, keep in mind that all the "uninvited guests" will still have access to the same video feed the rest of us do. Now they can make up attack pieces based on news clips instead of loaded questions. Should have played it straight, CNN.

Where is this promised video feed? 

28 minutes ago, TruthSeeker_ said:

Trump is bashing CNN or the NY Times as fake news but praises Fox News. Laughable.

A President should just do it's job and not attempt to control the media according to his very own biases.

Someone who is the leader of a democracy and who wants to control the media is not a friend of democracy.

Edited by Thanato
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, Thanato said:

Someone who is the leader of a democracy and who wants to control the media is not a friend of democracy.

Trump praises Putin. The difference is Americans will not sit back and accept Trump pretending to be Putin especially when it comes to trying to shut down the press. Putin also is not a tophat when it comes to Twitter. 

17 hours ago, Claire. said:

Yeah sure, let's all celebrate Trump's latest efforts to protect his administration from legitimate criticism. Let's celebrate his propensity to marginalize and attack those media organizations who dare report news he doesn't like. Indeed, let that pathological liar be the one and only voice we hear, bolstered only occasionally by his biased chosen few.

Unfreakingbelievable.

Doesn't look like it prevented any criticism to me. Heck they were able to watch and report on the whole thing. Which is better then I can say for 0bama when he closed the door to unfriendly media and then wouldn't even disclose what was talked about.

Im sure you were all up in arms about that right?  

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Thanato said:

and what happens when the 'Media' is owned and controlled by a group of billionaires who decide
what can and can't go out to the public (via editors) - 

and what happens when the Media outlets are working together to bring about sedition and to 
bring down the elected president ..?... because he was not their choice for the top job --

that isn't very democracy-friendly..

if the Media was balanced and fair you might have a point - but they have been turned
into a weapon against the people to disseminate propaganda - to do the bidding of their owners -

and their owners wanted Clinton not Trump - 

sedition
sɪˈdɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
    synonyms: incitement (to riot/rebellion), agitation, rabble-rousing, fomentation (of discontent),troublemaking, provocation, inflaming; 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, Captain Risky said:

If its money only that drives CNN, and they are void of any honor...... I doubt the enquirer was invited either, and there is a reason for that.

6 minutes ago, bee said:

and what happens when the 'Media' is owned and controlled by a group of billionaires who decide

and what happens when the Media outlets are working together to bring about sedition and to 
bring down the elected president ..?... because he was not their choice for the top job --

if the Media was balanced and fair you might have a point - but they have been turned
into a weapon against the people to disseminate propaganda - to do the bidding of their owners -

sedition
sɪˈdɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

1. conduct or speech inciting people to rebel against the authority of a state or monarch.
    synonyms: incitement (to riot/rebellion), agitation, rabble-rousing, fomentation (of discontent),troublemaking, provocation, inflaming; 

Exactly. It amazes me people think the media shares no responsibility in this.

• Like 2

Heck CNN has been trying to over throw this administration since before he took office. Literally reported on the day of the inauguration what would then take place after someone shoots him.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bee said:

sedition
sɪˈdɪʃ(ə)n/
noun

The media is not guilty of sedition. Get over it honey bun.