Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

WH Blocks MSM from Press Briefing

Dark_Grey

1 minute ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Did you just past Go and not collect  $200.

I am not complaining mind you.

Right, ill be pulling that quote out and throwing it around for MONTHS :lol:

• Like 1

Just now, Hammerclaw said:

See, you do find Democracy inconvenient. Admit it.

Haha no not in the slightest.  I just dont find the current oligarchy we live under to be true democracy nor is it a democratic republic it is , as stated an oligarchy who chooses which candidates we get to choose from. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Haha no not in the slightest.  I just dont find the current oligarchy we live under to be true democracy nor is it a democratic republic it is , as stated an oligarchy who chooses which candidates we get to choose from. 

The electorate chose both candidates from a pretty large selection---you just don't agree with their choices and neither do I, but that's how Democracy works. In any real Oligarchy neither would have had a snowball's chance in Hell. Only in a true Democracy can such stupidity exist.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Did you just past Go and not collect  $200.

I am not complaining mind you.

No, but my railroad monopoly keeps raking in the dough.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Hammerclaw said:

No, but my railroad monopoly keeps raking in the dough.

2ndplace.jpg

2 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

2ndplace.jpg

I'll present that to you, Sam; you are more deserving.

Edited by Hammerclaw
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Well this time around the oligarchy didn't really choose all the candidates. The Republican old guard wanted Jeb Bush, or at least some Republican under their control. Instead, they got Trump. Initially the Democrats were far more worried about Sanders being able to take the nomination from Clinton, they figured Clinton would utterly destroy Trump (so no worries there). Of course we all know what happened in the final analysis.

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Well this time around the oligarchy didn't really choose all the candidates. The Republican old guard wanted Jeb Bush, or at least some Republican under their control. Instead, they got Trump. Initially the Democrats were far more worried about Sanders being able to take the nomination from Clinton, they figured Clinton would utterly destroy Trump (so no worries there). Of course we all know what happened in the final analysis.

Sure they did, maybe the oligarchs you dont like didnt get their way but the corporations definitely won the day and told us who we could vote for. They're already reaping the benefits - coal, dapl, goldman sachs, deregulation etc. 

Edited by Farmer77
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure they did, maybe the oligarchs you dont like didnt get their way but the corporations definitely won the day and told us who we could vote for. They're already reaping the benefits - coal, dapl, goldman sachs, deregulation etc. 

But we're a capitalist nation...industry is what drives our economy. Personally, I'm glad the markets are booming. I'm glad that corporations will be making their products here in the USA verses China or Mexico. I hope lots of people can get jobs. I hope our infrastructure gets updated/repaired. I hope our nation begins to reap some benefits for a change. 1.5% GDP has us barely on life support for goodness sakes.

Just now, Lilly said:

But we're a capitalist nation...industry is what drives our economy. Personally, I'm glad the markets are booming. I'm glad that corporations will be making their products here in the USA verses China or Mexico. I hope lots of people can get jobs. I hope our infrastructure gets updated/repaired. I hope our nation begins to reap some benefits for a change. 1.5% GDP has us barely on life support for goodness sakes.

Me too . I completely agree with you on all of that. I however do not want that at all costs and especially not at the expense of the long term good of our nation. Balance is the key in everything right? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Farmer77 said:

.... Balance is the key in everything right? 

Balance and taking action vs just talking. I want to actually see 3 or 4% GDP and some good solid improvements.

• Like 1

We've done too good a job as world policeman, picking up where the British left off. At the end of WW2 there were about 30 democracies. Now there are about 120. Much of the rest of the world has grown up. Our share of world-wide GDP has dropped from fifty percent to twenty-five percent. We've kept aggression from the major world powers in check and avoided another world war. We were, reluctantly,dragged onto the world stage by events and were preeminent for much of the last century, but that phase of our history is coming to an end.

• Like 1