Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
Dark_Grey

WH Blocks MSM from Press Briefing

212 posts in this topic

Sir Wearer of Hats
4 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Not the same and it was not meant in a derogatory vein as the Saduccees claimed.

It is just easy to see who is right wing and left. 

Yes, everyone who disagrees with you (a genetic "you" rather than you you) is dismissed as being on the other side of the political fence.

• Like 3

Clarakore
Just now, Sir Wearer of Hats said:

Yes, everyone who disagrees with you (a genetic "you" rather than you you) is dismissed as being on the other side of the political fence.

You, seeder and danielost are the biggest foreign Trump supporters on this forum. Didn't know Trump was so popular in Australia, the UK and Texas.

• Like 1

Sir Wearer of Hats
1 minute ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

You, seeder and danielost are the biggest foreign Trump supporters on this forum. Didn't know Trump was so popular in Australia, the UK and Texas.

Texas is a different country to Anerica?

and if you're going to be rude and say things like that, I'll cry.

• Like 5

.ZZ.
8 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Now that you mention it, what part of Texas are you?

Let me know, please if I'm warm.

1) Austin is my first guess.

2) The Metroplex.

3) You're not actually IN Texas.

4) It's none of my damn business.

• Like 2

Thanato
10 hours ago, F3SS said:

Dictators hide and control the narrative. Much of the press was there and nobody is suppressed or prevented from reporting on any of it. Some people simple weren't allowed inside. 

True however there is press in Russia but the story is always that of the government.

The issue is that this administration has done considerable damage to free and open press and it hasn't even been 2 months. It's not outside the realm of possibility that they are going to continue these attacks and limit the presses access to where the only news coming out of Washington is from those media outlets that are trump miuthbpieces.

• Like 4

Claire.

NYT new ad campaign:

• Like 4

Clarakore
9 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Now that you mention it, what part of Texas are you?

Let me know, please if I'm warm.

1) Austin is my first guess.

2) The Metroplex.

3) You're not actually IN Texas.

4) It's none of my damn business.

My direct ancestors entered through a Texan port of entry and called their native tongue Deutsch. This is family lore.

They might have been under Queen Catherine's protection at one time so would have had a long enduring stay in Russia due to the Hundred Years War. Many fled there before coming here.

What is known is they were solid Catholics so intermarried with the local Catholic population who were already here before the US claimed it.

Would love to learn more via records as far as they can go back. 

My family is from the area known as the Nueces Strip.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nueces_strip

My mother's side once worked on Shanghai Perishing's ranch and a baby was made there.

At least one affair with an Apache went down when raiders would come through the this part of Texas, some in mixed groups of different races. A tiny drop of blood.

We have WWII sailors and Vietnam vets from from photos I saw on display when growing up.

Currently we are all over the map from Corpus to Midland and points inbetween. From Victoria and Houston down to where the Valley begins.

Not an Austinite but have had family there and still do from San Marcos up toward Pflugerville.

Good guess though as that is the most progressive city in Texas besides Comfort which has the 1800s freethinker legacy.

The Democrats are not progressive enough here. My father is has been Republican since Reagan...

Myself, I am in one of the solid blue counties within the swath of blue counties that exist in Texas as can be seen below.

http://brilliantmaps.com/2016-county-election-map/

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 5

F3SS
3 hours ago, Thanato said:

True however there is press in Russia but the story is always that of the government.

The issue is that this administration has done considerable damage to free and open press and it hasn't even been 2 months. It's not outside the realm of possibility that they are going to continue these attacks and limit the presses access to where the only news coming out of Washington is from those media outlets that are trump miuthbpieces.

Hence dictators control the narrative. Outside of North Korea there's at least a facade of press.

But there was nothing said behind closed doors or in secret. Who cares if a few weren't allowed inside.

• Like 4

Farmer77
1 minute ago, F3SS said:

Hence dictators control the narrative. Outside of North Korea there's at least a facade of press.

But there was nothing said behind closed doors or in secret. Who cares if a few weren't allowed inside.

I think its the slippery slope argument. Calling press which disagrees with you enemies of the people and then banning said press is at best a bad look. At worst its the beginning of a tyranny. 

• Like 8

Thanato
6 hours ago, F3SS said:

The problem is he is actively and aggressively attacking free press.

• Like 3

F3SS
1 hour ago, Thanato said:

Yes well they're still free to report and print what they want. 

• Like 3

Thanato
1 hour ago, F3SS said:

Yes well they're still free to report and print what they want. 

Yes that is true.  It in less then 2 months a significant portion of the American population, including some on this board, have decided that these news outlets make up news. This believe is directly traceable to the President. That does. It bode well for free press.

• Like 2

F3SS
1 hour ago, Thanato said:

Yes that is true.  It in less then 2 months a significant portion of the American population, including some on this board, have decided that these news outlets make up news. This believe is directly traceable to the President. That does. It bode well for free press.

The first I recall hearing the term fake news was from Obama while campaigning for Hilary regarding Wikileaks iirc. Afterwards it started getting flung around by everybody then Trump just kind of took ownership of the phrase. That said these particular outlets are certainly guilty of fabrication or running away with headlines without verification. I think all outlets do that now and then but these certain few seem to have a chronic issue with it.

• Like 5

Dark_Grey
2 hours ago, Thanato said:

Let's stop pretending there is no pretense to this apparent "attack on the press". There isn't much Trump has said about the press that many people in the country hadn't already assumed on their own.

15 minutes ago, F3SS said:

The first I recall hearing the term fake news was from Obama while campaigning for Hilary regarding Wikileaks iirc. Afterwards it started getting flung around by everybody then Trump just kind of took ownership of the phrase. That said these particular outlets are certainly guilty of fabrication or running away with headlines without verification. I think all outlets do that now and then but these certain few seem to have a chronic issue with it.

Exactly. There are examples of this from the past 6 months. You can't just make up stories about the President and publish them as fact. There are too many dopes and mentally ill people in this country who take everything the MSM says at face value. Personally, I think there should be repercussions to news agencies that do this. It's just plain irresponsible.

• Like 5

Tatetopa
15 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

What is known is they were solid Catholics so intermarried with the local Catholic population who were already here before the US claimed it.

Would love to learn more via records as far as they can go back. 

My family is from the area known as the Nueces Strip.

Hi neighbor.  My Texas roots were mostly Irish Catholic with a stubborn streak of Scot Presbyterian thrown in to add some balance.  They ranched and farmed all over north and west Texas.  Only last year a Hispanic friend told me about St. Patrick's Battalion.  You can look it up.  A bunch of Irish Catholic soldiers mistreated in the US Army deserted and went south to join the Mexican Catholic side in the US Mexican War 1846-1848.  Second most prominent component were German Catholics.  Some were from Texas.  They fought with distinction and are still honored in Mexico.  Of course they fell in battle or were hanged when they were captured. A few were imprisoned. My friend says in the small town near where he grew up bagpipes are played  in a yearly ceremony to commemorate.  They refused to surrender and fought through the last battle at Chapultepec when Mexico City fell.   

• Like 2

AnchorSteam
6 hours ago, Thanato said:

The whole entire concept of a Free Press?

Really? :rolleyes:

Seems more like the Press is getting criticized, and they can't take even the slightest amount of what they have been dishing out all these years. Poor babies, if they had even a smidgin of integrity I might care, just a little bit.

But seriously, WTF? 

• Like 3

acidhead
1 hour ago, Dark_Grey said:

Let's stop pretending there is no pretense to this apparent "attack on the press". There isn't much Trump has said about the press that many people in the country hadn't already assumed on their own.

As a Libertarian I've known this as fact since the 2012 Republican primaries when Ron Paul was virtually ignored by these socalled trusted mainstream media.  I couldn't believe my eyes and ears.  After debates Ron Paul would be leading the very online polls by the networks who hosted each debate and they wouldn't even mention his name.  I lost so much respect during that period. 

This is a major reason why I love what Trump is doing to these pundits and networks.  They deserve every single bit of vitrol Trump spews.

And I sit back and LOL everytime.

• Like 5

Michelle
10 minutes ago, acidhead said:

As a Libertarian I've known this as fact since the 2012 Republican primaries when Ron Paul was virtually ignored by these socalled trusted mainstream media.  I couldn't believe my eyes and ears.  After debates Ron Paul would be leading the very online polls by the networks who hosted each debate and they wouldn't even mention his name.  I lost so much respect during that period. 

This is a major reason why I love what Trump is doing to these pundits and networks.  They deserve every single bit of vitrol Trump spews.

I had to log in to like this. :tu:

• Like 3

acidhead
11 minutes ago, Michelle said:

I had to log in to like this. :tu:

Thanks Michelle :D

preacherman76
2 hours ago, acidhead said:

Oh man I remember those times well. Best of times, worst of times. I though for sure he'd win, despite the media being a direct enemy. I've hated them ever since 

• Like 2

Yamato

That's not exactly true though acidhead.   When Ron Paul was actually winning for a few weeks back in late 2011, the media stopped ignoring him and started slandering him.

A "Jew hater", an "anti-Semite", and his "racist newsletter."   Can't believe it if I'm the only one who remembers this.

Ben Stein called him anti-Semitic on Larry King Live for not confusing motivation with justification, and for thinking that occupation is a factor motivating terrorism.   Very few people in this country are anymore awake today than Ben Stein was in 2009.

And don't love Fox News Channel acidhead, they were in the vanguard of the Ron Paul butthate because Ron Paul was a Republican.

There was blatant ignorance in the mainstream media as well though.   I remember one time where Ron Paul was 3rd place, so the media put up a graphic that had 1st place, 2nd place, and 4th place on it.  So dishonest.  The mainstream media derps again!

• Like 2

Farmer77
6 hours ago, AnchorSteam said:

The whole entire concept of a Free Press?

Really? :rolleyes:

Seems more like the Press is getting criticized, and they can't take even the slightest amount of what they have been dishing out all these years. Poor babies, if they had even a smidgin of integrity I might care, just a little bit.

But seriously, WTF? 

Thats a ridiculously short sighted outlook. Its all fun now however whatever precedent is set by the Trumpster will carry forward to the next president. Free press is essential to the survival of our nation, even if we dont like the things they are saying. 

• Like 1

Dark_Grey
1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

Thats a ridiculously short sighted outlook. Its all fun now however whatever precedent is set by the Trumpster will carry forward to the next president. Free press is essential to the survival of our nation, even if we dont like the things they are saying. 

If the next President doesn't want to invite certain press to briefings, so be it. The "free press" is still free - there is no gag order or shutdown happening. You can turn on your TV right now and watch CNN and they can still publish whatever they want. Let's not lose the forest staring at trees here guys.

• Like 2

Farmer77
3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

If the next President doesn't want to invite certain press to briefings, so be it. The "free press" is still free - there is no gag order or shutdown happening. You can turn on your TV right now and watch CNN and they can still publish whatever they want. Let's not lose the forest staring at trees here guys.

The forest in my opinion is that the most powerful man in the world called parts of the press that disagree with him "enemies of the people" I mean yes you are correct nothing has happened in terms of regulating them out of business, yet. Its just not a great sign of things to come. 

Trump Embraces ‘Enemy of the People,’ a Phrase With a Fraught History 

MOSCOW — The phrase was too toxic even for Nikita Khrushchev, a war-hardened veteran communist not known for squeamishness. As leader of the Soviet Union, he demanded an end to the use of the term “enemy of the people” because “it eliminated the possibility of any kind of ideological fight.”

“The formula ‘enemy of the people,’” Mr. Khrushchev told the Soviet Communist Party in a 1956 speech denouncing Stalin’s cult of personality, “was specifically introduced for the purpose of physically annihilating such individuals” who disagreed with the supreme leader.

• Like 2

bee

It isn't about parts of the media ''disagreeing'' with him - it's about them making stuff up
and making sources up and generally twisting things--- deliberate and calculated dishonesty -

in fact it is dishonest to try and misrepresent the situation by making out he attacks the Media
just because they 'disagree' with him -- that's creating a fake narrative about it -

quote-

(2:25)....."I'm not against the media, I'm not against the press. I don't mind bad
stories if I deserve them - I tell you - I love good stories but I don't get too many of them"

• Like 1