Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Majority find Trump embarrassing

Unusual Tournament

6 hours ago, Lilly said:

Personally, I just don't think the election polls were ever on the up and up. I am now skeptical of any and all polling.

As for negative approval, I fully expect that all Democrats are going to disapprove of anything Trump has or will ever do.

As to all this 'Trump's in league with the Russians', the FBI has dismissed this notion. No direct hard evidence of such a thing has been produced. Show me that Trump is a Russian agent/puppet and I'll be the first in line to advocate impeachment of him for treason. Until then, elections do indeed have consequences and Trump is now the President of the United States (like it or not).

To be fair election polls have been sloppy and not just in the U.S. but globally too. Maybe its the nature of modern media and social networking that has created some sort of 'on demand' polling results that shift and swing wildly. But blaming pollsters for peoples media swings is a tad too much, even for republicans like you, Lilly. The issue here is bigger than what the polls just say, the issue is that Trump is a tantrum queen. And regardless of your politics if you're honest you'll admit it. Trump doesn't like something that said about him OR something that he disagree's with and he blames others before saying whether any of his actions or policies might be to blame instead. He behaved that way during the campaign even threatening to not respect the election result if he lost. And now that he's won he's still trying to bully the media. 

Trump quite clearly asked the Russians to intervene in the federal election. The FBI instead thought that investigating Clinton would be a good idea even though Trump made anti democratic remarks. Trump has since dismissed Flynn for being too close to Russia. So exactly which part of what the democrat or media have said is a lie?    

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

The FBI did dismiss the allegations of misconduct with Russia by former Trump team member Paul Manafort a couple of months back. The stuff about Trump being blackmailed by Putin and/or Trump colluding with Putin has been neither supported nor refuted (that I know of anyway).

The FBI has not acted in an impartial manner. It has exceeded its mandate to the benefit of the republican cause. Its the media that exposed Flynn's Russian indiscretions and not the FBI. So what kind of investigation did the FBI run is any bodies guess?  

• Like 3

2 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

If it tanks.

I had a 401k myself once and made some money.

How is your portfolio looking right now under Trump?

The only saving grace that the stock market has received from Trump is Trump's proposed tax break. Take that away and i can't see anything positive about all the extra hundreds of billions that Trump is preparing to borrow to fund his election promises. Or the dampening of free trade.  

Edited by Captain Risky
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

Now it looks like Trump, or at least his controllers, realize the mistake they are making with Mexico.  This may result in abandoning the "wall" that his demagoguery so insisted upon during the campaign, and a huge, huge scaling back of the deportations.

If he pursues these misguided policies, he will waste a lot of money, make a serious enemy of Mexico (as the far left will win the next elections, and, as the far left always does in Latin America, make itself into an anti-American dictatorship), and harm the US economy with all the deportations.  I can see in a generation or so Mexico being a nuclear threat to the US.

Frankly he has me more scared now than earlier when he was giving his prejudicial speeches -- I took those as largely campaign rhetoric -- but unless these policies can be stopped America will certainly no longer be the beacon of freedom for the world.  Now I see him attacking the press and calling them liars when they point out his lies -- and, worse, trying to censor some major new outlets that report things he doesn't like.  This is scary.  

...Trump IMO will not back down on the wall since its prolly more popular than what he is. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bee said:

Nice try debunking but right before Trump starts mocking this gentleman he says "you got to see this guy" and starts all spazzing out.
Why people keep defending Trump is really something that is beyond my comprehension.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, thedutchiedutch said:

Nice try debunking but right before Trump starts mocking this gentleman he says "you got to see this guy" and starts all spazzing out.
Why people keep defending Trump is really something that is beyond my comprehension.

Indeed. We all know Trump made fun of the disabled. He mocked a gold star family. He called a POW a loser for being caught. He also got his jollies off Iowa when a poll favored Carson by saying they have too much Monsanto in their corn creating issues in their brain. He even put down Huma Abedin claiming she was a security risk. He can't simply be forgiven.

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

But blaming pollsters for peoples media swings is a tad too much, even for republicans like you, Lilly....

I've never been a Republican. I'm a Libertarian.

Trump quite clearly asked the Russians to intervene in the federal election. The FBI instead thought that investigating Clinton would be a good idea even though Trump made anti democratic remarks. Trump has since dismissed Flynn for being too close to Russia. So exactly which part of what the democrat or media have said is a lie? 

No, Trump made a joke about the Russians hacking Clinton's emails.

No, Trump dismissed Flynn because he lied to the Vice President.

No, some in the media have indeed 'fibbed' quite a bit regarding Trump.

Yes, there is an investigation (by the FBI) about Russian involvement in the election and if the Trump campaign had anything to do with it.

You got 1 out of 4 correct.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lilly said:

Yes, there is an investigation (by the FBI) about Russian involvement in the election and if the Trump campaign had anything to do with it.

Did you vote for Johnson or Trump if you don't mind answering?

I kept true third party loyalty and voted Green as usual. 

9 hours ago, bee said:

A youtube video is proof.  Show me another instance where Trump put his arm like that, and made crazy movements.  Weird that is just happened to be the same position that the person he was talking about is stuck in because of his disability.  But, sure, if youtube said it, must be true.  Proof.  This guy posts a Youtube video as proof.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The administration was STILL pushing Flynn to be confirmed far after he talked to Pence, and more than a week after the FBI warned the administration what the discussions with Russia pertained too.  They dismissed Flynn because they were caught.

14 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

A youtube video is proof.  Show me another instance where Trump put his arm like that, and made crazy movements.  Weird that is just happened to be the same position that the person he was talking about is stuck in because of his disability.  But, sure, if youtube said it, must be true.  Proof.  This guy posts a Youtube video as proof.  

The video showed two other instances (about two other people) where Trump made the same movements.

As to Flynn, he has not been found guilty of anything. If he lied to VP Pence that would certainly be a major 'no-no' though.

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Did you vote for Johnson or Trump if you don't mind answering?

I voted Johnson/Weld. So what? I still can have an opinion about how the press and the Democrats are behaving toward Trump.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Yamato said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size_determination

Oh how nice, a Democracy Purist from across the pond!   Your Queen wasn't voted in and your next King won't be either.   You want to see haters?   Try pulling that crap off over here and just see how far you get.  You'll be walking backwards with your pants over your head because Kings and Queens are illegal over here, even if they are democratically elected.  

This attitude that a democratically elected leader can't be criticized because they were elected?   You're getting democracy mixed up with dictatorship.  If you can't criticize your democratically elected leaders over there then God save the Queen because you'll need her.

:lol:

Our Queen is mostly there for the tourists!!!   She doesnt rule us...and let us eat cake when bread is short, nor chop of anyones heads....youve got the wrong century!! She reigns. not rules

And there are plenty of UK folk who cant see the point of the Royal Family, myself included....tho it is a link to the glory days of the British Empire I suppose

This attitude that a democratically elected leader can't be criticized because they were elected?   You're getting democracy mixed up with dictatorship.  If you can't criticize your democratically elected leaders over there then God save the Queen because you'll need her.

I never said a leader cant be criticised, so youve made that up. My whole argument has been that he was legally voted in....under the US freedoms of democracy, so deal with it

If Clinton had won there would be just as many anti Clinton threads...... you cant please everyone all the time

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, seeder said:

She reigns not rules...

Someone should tell Tramp that he rules not reigns.

We have a tyrant problem forming here and all your May does is hold hands with him. No backbone at all.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, acute said:

Isn't the fact that he has done nothing but argue with the courts, the intelligence services, and the media, a major factor in his approval ratings falling off a cliff?

What?  Looking to clear out the dead wood and all the weeds is essential if you want a healthy and productive garden,,, and approval ratings are usually created IN THE media.....so its par for the course for the media to write negative stuff. Its just what they do

8 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Someone should tell Tramp that he rules not reigns.

We have a tyrant problem forming here and all your May does is hold hands with him. No backbone at all.

OH and theres all the rest of us reading that Trump had his hand held because he has a phobia of slopes?

Now, will you be making a concise and complete list of all the reasons Trump shouldnt be a president?  Just so I dont have to ask you another ten times tonight?

9 minutes ago, seeder said:

OH and theres all the rest of us reading that Trump had his hand held because he has a phobia of slopes?

Now, will you be making a concise and complete list of all the reasons Trump shouldnt be a president?  Just so I dont have to ask you another ten times tonight?

#1.  4-5 million people voted illegally, therefore, the election should be null and void.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

#1.  4-5 million people voted illegally, therefore, the election should be null and void.

prove it.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Sorry. My bad. For some strange reason (or maybe not so strange) your politics seem to consistently be supporting republican's and anyone thats anti-democrat party and thats where i get mixed up. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Agent0range said:

The administration was STILL pushing Flynn to be confirmed far after he talked to Pence, and more than a week after the FBI warned the administration what the discussions with Russia pertained too.  They dismissed Flynn because they were caught.

I love the concept of "warned" as if colluding with a foreign power is nothing more than being comparable with jay walking... if it was a democrat administration that was caught like Trump's the FBI (based on past actions), would have been investigated and charged. But director Comley is happy just to "warn" Trump.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Our President said so!  It must be true!

Remember that I and perhaps half all other members are NOT in the US....so we dont have all the latest gossip..... provide checkable facts via links please

Just now, seeder said:

Remember that I and perhaps half all other members are NOT in the US....so we dont have all the latest gossip..... provide checkable facts via links please

Oh, sorry, 3-5 million.  My mistake.  https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/01/23/at-white-house-trump-tells-congressional-leaders-3-5-million-illegal-ballots-cost-him-the-popular-vote/?utm_term=.c4e20789d8d2

• Like 2

I think there might be some confusion, Libertarians are not Liberals. Libertarians are Conservatives with a strong bent toward personal liberty. 

• Like 3