Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Majority find Trump embarrassing

Unusual Tournament

Just now, seeder said:

That many eh?

And he still won!!

So,reason #1...3-5 million voted illegally which should make the election void.  

• Like 1

Just now, Lilly said:

I think there might be some confusion, Libertarians are not Liberals. Libertarians are Conservatives with a strong bent toward personal liberty. 

Oh i got. But i fail to see how the politics of the republicans are any different from those of the democrat's when it comes to the principals that govern your movement.

As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person’s right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power.

In the following pages we have set forth our basic principles and enumerated various policy stands derived from those principles.

These specific policies are not our goal, however. Our goal is nothing more nor less than a world set free in our lifetime, and it is to this end that we take these stands.

https://www.lp.org/platform/

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Agent0range said:

So,reason #1...3-5 million voted illegally which should make the election void.  

and thats his fault is it?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

and thats his fault is it?

Show me exactly, with examples, where I said it was his fault.  Evidence please, for those of us who have not seen it.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Show me exactly, with examples, where I said it was his fault.  Evidence please, for those of us who have not seen it.

well if not his fault why on earth bring it up? You either want to bash trump...or you dont,,,, make your mind up?

Can anyone tell me which US President WAS....a paragon of virtue?   And can anyone here say their character is so pure that THEY can judge?

1 minute ago, seeder said:

Can anyone tell me which US President WAS....a paragon of virtue?   And can anyone here say their character is so pure that THEY can judge?

Stop strawmanning.

1 minute ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Stop strawmanning.

I beg your pardon?    You cant even talk....Im still waiting for that list Ive asked you for over a dozen times now....

the one you cannot do of course. 

• Like 2

This part: "we defend each person’s right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power."

Notice the "peaceful and honest" aspect. Libertarians are not about violating the law and are very much supporters of the Constitution of the United States (the Constitution is not an authoritarian form of government).

See here for a more in depth explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_conservatism

Edited by Lilly
addition
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, seeder said:

I don't have to have pure character to judge.  I am afforded freedom of speech, and can use it to judge whomever I want, whenever I want.  

• Like 1

Just now, Agent0range said:

I don't have to have pure character to judge.  I am afforded freedom of speech, and can use it to judge whomever I want, whenever I want.  

none of which means you have the means to do so in an intelligent and forward thinking manner of course,,,,your opinion....is simply that, An opinion.

I have consistently ASKED for a list of reasons to be anti Trump

NOT ONE of you has yet done that....but if you want to lead by example and make a list, open to criticism of course.... due to freedom of speech, pls go ahead

3 minutes ago, seeder said:

none of which means you have the means to do so in an intelligent and forward thinking manner of course,,,,your opinion....is simply that, An opinion.

I have consistently ASKED for a list of reasons to be anti Trump

NOT ONE of you has yet done that....but if you want to lead by example and make a list, open to criticism of course.... due to freedom of speech, pls go ahead

I actually provided you a list no more than a few days ago, then, in your typical attempt at a condescending manner asked for links to back it up.  I provided the links, and you were nowhere to be heard from again.  So don't say no one has done so.  And no, I won't provide a link to my post, as you were quoted in it.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

I actually provided you a list no more than a few days ago, then, in your typical attempt at a condescending manner asked for links to back it up.  I provided the links, and you were nowhere to be heard from again.  So don't say no one has done so.  And no, I won't provide a link to my post, as you were quoted in it.  

A few days ago?

are you sure?   Really sure?  This thread was only started

Started by Captain Risky, Yesterday at 02:43 AM

Edited by seeder

9 Reasons Why Libertarians Should Be Worried By Donald Trump

The new president has repeatedly vowed to make America less open, less free, and more burdened by an expansive federal government.

http://reason.com/blog/2017/01/20/9-reasons-why-libertarians-should-be-w

Reason is a libertarian monthly print magazinecovering politics, culture, and ideas through a provocative mix of news, analysis, ...

The White House has riled the country's civil libertarian wing after President Trump enthusiastically voiced support for a controversial law enforcement tool that allows an individual’s property or assets to be seized without a guilty verdict. 

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/02/13/libertarians-split-with-trump-over-controversial-police-tactic.html

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai

Just now, seeder said:

A few days ago?

are you sure?   Really sure?  This thread was only started

Started by Captain Risky, Yesterday at 02:43 AM

This is not the first thread you made the same request in.  So, yes, I am sure.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, seeder said:

well if not his fault why on earth bring it up? You either want to bash trump...or you dont,,,, make your mind up?

I think AgentOrange brought it up because it is an issue of global importance.  The Big Deal about this is election fraud.  If the United States, a representative democracy can not trust itself to have honest elections, then our democracy is about to be over.  If voter fraud on that scale exists then every American should be concerned about  it, topic #1, the greatest threat to our union since WWII.   If voter fraud on that scale can exist in America then every citizen of a democracy should be concerned for their own government. That is you too in the United Kingdom.

Now to bring home:  There was a candidate running for president who said that elections are rigged.  No other republican, democrat, libertarian, or green party candidate made a similar assertion.  But it makes you wonder a little bit doesn't it, maybe he is right, maybe he knows something.   Now suppose that candidate won the presidency and made the claim that he won in spite of 3-5 million illegal votes against him.  That should be a fire alarm, condition red, DefCon 5!  The FBI and local police and election officials should be all over it.  The president should promise the nation "No more election fraud!  Bad hombres will be thrown in jail or if they  are not US citizens, deported."    Rigging elections is a criminal offense, get it?  You understand why?  

Every American has a right for the government including the President of the United States and Congress to do their job and take care of it.  Congress doesn't want to be bothered, they want to keep working on how to eliminate the affordable care act.  Instead of commanding an investigation as President, as the man of action he claims to be, he lost interest and started talking about a party Melainia was going to host, or what lies CNN made up about him that day.

Reality Check!  If the President of the United States believes election fraud occurs but doesn't want to take the trouble to do anything about it, then he is not fulfilling his primary duty to the citizens of the United States to uphold and defend the Constitution.  He should not be President if he doesn't care.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, seeder said:

Well, there's that one who spent/spends his post-presidency building houses for humanity. ...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

http://reason.com/blog/2017/01/20/9-reasons-why-libertarians-should-be-w

Reason is a libertarian monthly print magazinecovering politics, culture, and ideas through a provocative mix of news, analysis, ...

And, like most political parties not everyone in the party holds exactly the same views.

Personally, my concerns with President Trump are more along the lines of personal freedom/liberty (allowing gay marriage, legalization of pot, pro-choice). I also feel that criminal illegal aliens should be deported but those whose only offense was coming in illegally need to offered options. As for immigration from areas where Islamic Extremist Jihadism is rampant, it really is wise that we would advocate extreme vetting. Libertarians tend to value personal freedom for all, but not the 'freedom' to be terrorists.

So, while I don't completely agree with Trump's political views he's still the President. I do not approve of the attitude and actions I see coming from the liberal left.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Captain Risky said:

Oh i got. But i fail to see how the politics of the republicans are any different from those of the democrat's when it comes to the principals that govern your movement.

As Libertarians, we seek a world of liberty; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own lives and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her values for the benefit of others.

We believe that respect for individual rights is the essential precondition for a free and prosperous world, that force and fraud must be banished from human relationships, and that only through freedom can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person’s right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power.

In the following pages we have set forth our basic principles and enumerated various policy stands derived from those principles.

These specific policies are not our goal, however. Our goal is nothing more nor less than a world set free in our lifetime, and it is to this end that we take these stands.

https://www.lp.org/platform/

I prefer:

As Librarians, we seek a world of libraries; a world in which all individuals are sovereign over their own reading and no one is forced to sacrifice his or her quiet time because of the nattering of others.

We believe that respect for individual shushes is the essential precondition for a quiet and peaceful world, that noise and chatter must be banished from human relationships, and that only through hush can peace and prosperity be realized.

Consequently, we defend each person’s right to engage in any activity that involved the Dewey Decimal System and welcome the diversity that it brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow the Dewey Decimal System, without interference from government or any authoritarian power beyond that of the head librarian.

These specific policies are not our goal, however. Our goal is nothing more nor less than a world set hush in our lifetime, and it is to this end that we take these shushes.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

This part: "we defend each person’s right to engage in any activity that is peaceful and honest, and welcome the diversity that freedom brings. The world we seek to build is one where individuals are free to follow their own dreams in their own ways, without interference from government or any authoritarian power."

Notice the "peaceful and honest" aspect. Libertarians are not about violating the law and are very much supporters of the Constitution of the United States (the Constitution is not an authoritarian form of government).

See here for a more in depth explanation: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Libertarian_conservatism

Yeah but Trump is attempting to govern in an authoritarian manner. Silencing the media ( diversity that freedom brings ). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seeder said:

:lol:

Our Queen is mostly there for the tourists!!!   She doesnt rule us...and let us eat cake when bread is short, nor chop of anyones heads....youve got the wrong century!! She reigns. not rules

And there are plenty of UK folk who cant see the point of the Royal Family, myself included....tho it is a link to the glory days of the British Empire I suppose

I never said a leader cant be criticised, so youve made that up. My whole argument has been that he was legally voted in....under the US freedoms of democracy, so deal with it

If Clinton had won there would be just as many anti Clinton threads...... you cant please everyone all the time

It sure sounded to me like you were ranting about criticizing him, without having to refer to those posts specifically here.  

Dealing with it includes criticizing it.   Burying our heads in a hole and ignoring him for six months isn't necessary to the process of "giving him a chance" despite what other posters might say.  

A list of all that's wrong with him is a living breathing document and if we can finally get over the election and onto the current events of President Trump, his appointees and executive orders have been widely discussed since November.   Farmer77 compiled a list of every EO he'd come up with to date last month and that would be a good starting point for such a list, if that helps.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

downloadfile.jpg

Look at Carter swinging some seriously high numbers.  Well deserved too, until he started getting blamed for not fixing prices and controlling oil supply.

If this chart says anything about Trump it's that the partisan divide has never been greater in this country in any of our lifetimes.  It's little wonder "the Left" is the most nauseating popular talking point.

• Like 2

...wasn't that long ago when the right wingers were criticising Obama and his EO's. Notice how all the republicans and quasi republicans have gone all quite like now?

• Like 3

They've gone all quite like now.  I don't think that's a spelling error, I think it's more meaningful than quiet.

And because it's all partisan and no principle, they love Executive Orders now.   Man that's like how America should be governed all of a sudden.   And if they don't already know it yet, they hate Wikileaks all of a sudden too.   Hear me now believe me later.  They'll all good and believe it later too.

• Like 3