Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Majority find Trump embarrassing

Unusual Tournament

45 minutes ago, Paranormal Panther said:

We don't need President Trump to tell us. We already know that the regressive media is dishonest.

In your opinion, what is non-regressive media?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DarkHunter said:

But the point is the damage being done is no where near the level this group is making it out to be.  The only real damage is really in changing how run off from the mountains and hills gets to the rivers in the area, its still getting to the rivers but its going to be taking new routes.  Its not like its at the height of the steel industry when they were dumping so many chemicals in the rivers that they would spontaneously catch on fire for days at a time.   

You are correct, it is not as bad as it could be.  However, it is a bit dismissive to say that the water just flows to the stream through another channel.

There is a big difference between coal seams in-situ and mine waste.  Granted there are no drums of sulfuric acid, but that doesn't mean it has no effect.  Mine waste has a larger proportion of fractured rock and coal than the stuff in the ground.  All the way from huge boulders to dust.  It is the dust that the water flows through into the stream.  Physical particles get carried by rivulets, the dust causes turbid water, can cover spawning beds and requires somebody who wants to use the water put in a filtration system to trap particles.  

All dust is not innocuous. Naturally occurring elements in and around the coal seam are exposed and ground up in the process providing more surface area for flowing water to absorb trace elements.  Arsenic and sulfur are a couple of those.  Concentrations in a coal seam may not bother surface life, but when quantities get into the watershed, these naturally occurring elements are absorbed into the biological system.  Parts of Idaho and Montana where some of my family is from have skull and crossbones signs on the streams.   Mine tailings  from copper and silver mines  have put enough heavy metals in the streams that fish are unfit for human consumption.  When people talk about "Naturally occurring elements"  they imply that the elements in question are harmless. News flash:  many naturally occurring elements are fatal to human life in concentrations we were not designed to handle.

People get upset about environmentalists thwarting business opportunities.  Now change the argument to the budget.  Financial conservatives argue against spending more that we can replace with income.  They rail against the burden we impose on our children.  That is the same argument environmentalists are making: conserve so it will be there for our children.  In the financial analogy the conservatives protect us from the  tax and spend liberals.  In the environmental realm, environmentalists are protecting us from exploit and run businesses.  It seems paradoxical that people do not take consistent views of financial and environmental resources.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Paranormal Panther said:

We don't need President Trump to tell us. We already know that the regressive media is dishonest.

Some people not necessarily you or anyone here, believe what they are told a high percentage of the time. 

Having a person of power decree that only watching fox news is the thing to do, opens up the possibility of corruption and coercion down the track. 

And Rupert Murdoch's news corporations have been in trouble for dodgy dealings in the past. 

You may not agree with the media, but it's in everyone's best interests to keep it an open and free forum.

Edited by Kismit
  • Like 3

11 hours ago, Lilly said:

It's somewhat questionable how much of that is 'reporting' instead of 'opinion'.  Scarborough is a talk show host, not really a reporter or journalist.  I'll assume that you have been equally disapproving of O'Reilly, Hannity, et al, towards the politicians you do not favor who also thrive on 'this manner' of 'reporting'.  

I wasn't sure exactly what you were referring to that is objectionable anyway. I don't agree that it's the media's job to tell people what to think but I'm assuming you are not referring to that since that isn't 'unfair' to Trump, it's just a dumb opinion about the media's role.  If it's the comparison of Trump's statements that the media are the enemy of the people to those of other unsavory dictators, I don't see anything dishonest or unfair in those comments, it's an accurate comparison (but doesn't mean that Trump is a dictator or 'just like' Mussolini or anything).  And it's unfortunately an opinion that is buttressed by the authoritarian comments from idiotic Stephen Miller.  Where is the unfairness?

• Like 2

Just now, Liquid Gardens said:

It's somewhat questionable how much of that is 'reporting' instead of 'opinion'.  Scarborough is a talk show host, not really a reporter or journalist.  I'll assume that you have been equally disapproving of O'Reilly, Hannity, et al, towards the politicians you do not favor who also thrive on 'this manner' of 'reporting'.  

I don't care too much for Sean Hannity. Bill O'Reilly generally behaves in a more civil manner (from what I've seen anyway). I just consider them to be right leaning Republicans.

But really don't like it when I hear the Hitler, Mussolini, Lenin nonsense. These men were responsible for the death of millions and were horrific dictators. I see no excuse for them applying such labels to President Trump just because they don't like his political policies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lilly said:

I don't care too much for Sean Hannity. Bill O'Reilly generally behaves in a more civil manner (from what I've seen anyway). I just consider them to be right leaning Republicans.

But really don't like it when I hear the Hitler, Mussolini, Lenin nonsense. These men were responsible for the death of millions and were horrific dictators. I see no excuse for them applying such labels to President Trump just because they don't like his political policies.

Have yet to hear anyone compare Trump to Lenin. Maybe Stalin?

Also no one is seriously stating Trump is responsible for millions of deaths.

What many do not like is how Trump appears to be leading us in the same direction that those horrific leaders did.

A horrific direction. None are saying that he will lead us all the way down that path.

But it is fair for others to not like even going down one mile down that path. Even one block is too much.

We also have clear warning by those who were there in Nazi Germany, victims of that regime and old enough to actually remember.

Do you "really don't like it" when they tell us these things? Or should we heed their warnings?

Ilse Melamid was 11 years old when she saw her family for the last time. The young Jewish girl fled the Nazi terror in Vienna to England in 1939.

Hearing about President Trump’s controversial Muslim travel ban painfully reminded her of that time.

“It was like a fog descending,” the 89-year-old New Yorker told the Forward. “It really did bring back a memory of how I felt when I was first rejected form my school and I was walking down my home street, and I realized that I was surrounded by hostility. The feeling of being turned against without cause.”

http://forward.com/news/362159/read-kindertransport-holocaust-survivors-make-impassioned-plea-against-trum/

I began my life with the Nazis, and now I may end my life with the Nazis,” the painter Vera Klement, an 86-year-old survivor of the Holocaust, said. It was election night in America, and as Vera and I sat in front of her TV and watched President-elect Donald J. Trump take the stage to the strains of the Air Force One soundtrack, she exhibited little shock, but rather a horrible, quiet awe.

http://prospect.org/article/begin-again-trump-through-eyes-holocaust-survivor

Her memories of Kristallnacht, the wave of violent anti-Jewish pogroms that took place during two nights in November 1938, retain a powerful hold over her. In her in-progress memoir, Blunt Edge, Vera writes, “We heard screaming from the street below … flames and smoke surged from the synagogue across the street, heating the windows of our cousins’ apartment. We stood back, in fear of being seen from below as our pink temple burned.”  

This distant but still-painful past shapes Vera’s responses to our American present. She knows that a storyline that blames “the other” for a nation’s woes can have a horrible, dark allure, especially during difficult economic times. She understands how easily a charismatic demagogue, armed with a savant-like ability to speak to and conjure ancient fears (“They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists”) can transform members of a community into a threat to that same community. She still wears the scars of being rendered a stereotype: no longer an individual but instead a nameless, faceless member of a maligned and hunted collective.

In Trump’s calls for the expulsion of millions of undocumented immigrants, Vera hears echoes of her own story. She thinks about the anxieties expressed by Hispanic children who fear their parents will be deported, and recalls her own childhood. It was not the reality of the Gestapo’s knock on the door that most altered Vera’s young psyche (though that reality, when it came, was terrifying enough). It was the way the ever-present dread of that knock shifted something fundamental in the home. A family that lives in constant fear is a family that is not fully living. 

http://prospect.org/article/begin-again-trump-through-eyes-holocaust-survivor

• Like 1

And those who yell the loudest when it is "liberals using Nazi Germany comparisons" said nothing when Trump does it...

Jewish groups have condemned Donald Trump for likening of the actions of today's US intelligence agencies to those of Nazi Germany.

A number of organisations and Holocaust education groups have called the President elect's reference to the Third Reich "cavalier" and "inappropriate", and demanded an apology from the incoming US leader.

Speaking during his first news conference as President-elect, the Republican dismissed the leak of a dossier allegedly containing salacious and compromising allegations against him, saying: “That’s something that Nazi Germany would have done and did do, I think it’s a disgrace that information that was false, and fake, and never happened, got released to the public.”

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-jewish-groups-condemn-nazi-a7522646.html

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

Just now, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

What many do not like is how Trump appears to be leading us in the same direction that those horrific leaders did.

His "enemies of the people" statement sent shivers up my spine for sure. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

And those who yell the loudest when it is "liberals using Nazi Germany comparisons" said nothing when Trump does it...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-jewish-groups-condemn-nazi-a7522646.html

Delicious irony !

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kismit said:

Some people not necessarily you or anyone here, believe what they are told a high percentage of the time. 

Having a person of power decree that only watching fox news is the thing to do, opens up the possibility of corruption and coercion down the track. 

And Rupert Murdoch's news corporations have been in trouble for dodgy dealings in the past. 

You may not agree with the media, but it's in everyone's best interests to keep it an open and free forum.

You have a link for that? I must have missed something.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Delicious irony !

How so? That's exactly something that NAZI Germany would have done.

Trump has been compared to Hitler just cause he won the election. At least here this was a actual comparable thing.

1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

How so? That's exactly something that NAZI Germany would have done.

Trump has been compared to Hitler just cause he won the election. At least here this was a actual comparable thing.

The irony is in reading on this very site 100 times a day some Trumpian proclaiming  that noone should compare anyone to Hitler only to find out the orange one has done so himself. 

As someone who believes both parties are out to screw Americans I can enjoy little things like that. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Oh ok, it was in a tweet. I pictured him giving a speech where he actually told people to watch FOX news. I guess giving the opinion of his preference is a little much though.

Could be worse. He could have used 0bama's legislation to run state paid for anti CNN propaganda. Just had to label them as Russian agents lol.

4 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

The irony is in reading on this very site 100 times a day some Trumpian proclaiming  that noone should compare anyone to Hitler only to find out the orange one has done so himself. 

As someone who believes both parties are out to screw Americans I can enjoy little things like that. 

Who said no one should ever compare anyone to Hitler? I've seen people say most of the comparisons are ridiculous, and they are. This one not so much. In fact its probably the first NAZI comparison that holds water.

Fox News is very pro-Republican. Is it really a surprise that a Republican President would watch it.

As for the news media invoking comparison of a US President to Hitler/Mussolini/Lenin, I don't like this one bit. This is a bad behavior than neither the Republicans or the Democrats should be engaging in, period.

• Like 1

Just now, Lilly said:

As for the news media invoking comparison of a US President to Hitler/Mussolini/Lenin, I don't like this one bit. This is a bad behavior than neither the Republicans or the Democrats should be engaging in, period.

But what about when he actually acts like them ........referring specifically to the "enemies of the people"  statement. That IS straight outta Stalin's playbook. 

I do recognize people use those analogies wildly inappropriately most of the time but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Lilly said:

I see them as the exact counterpart, if not worse, to precisely what you are criticizing when it's pointed in the other direction.  Just about everyone on Fox had segments linking Obama to Islam and by association, radical Islam, including O'Reilly.  From http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-oreilly-barack-obama-fair_us_5875c607e4b03c8a02d41258

However, last year, while criticizing Obama’s fight against ISIS as his “greatest failure,” O’Reilly showed decades-old photos of the president in traditional African attire at a wedding. 

“Many Americans, including this one, believe Barack Obama’s emotional attachment to the Muslim world has hurt the USA,” O’Reilly said. 

“Details on the ceremony, the exact location, whether the reports that Barack Obama was the best man are very difficult to verify at this point,” he said. “What we can tell you with certainty is that Barack Obama has deep emotional ties to Islam.”

Then you should bring it up with Trump and tell him to either learn some history and/or to stop using the same damn phrases used by horrific dictators.  Those weren't just irrelevant side comments by those dictators, it was used as a tool, namely propaganda.  These are facts, not opinion, and I'm not sure how fair and objective it is to pooh-pooh commenting on this actual truth by projecting that it's merely a biased, 'just because they don't like his political policies'.  That dictators used phrases like 'enemy of the people' and comments like his 'authority will not be questioned' is accurate.  It doesn't mean 'Trump is just as bad as mass-murdering Hitler', it's not fair and objective either to take an accurate comparison of one trait or statement that two people have made and assume or argue that comparison equates those two people in their entirety.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

But what about when he actually acts like them ........referring specifically to the "enemies of the people"  statement. That IS straight outta Stalin's playbook. 

I do recognize people use those analogies wildly inappropriately most of the time but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. 

While True, Stalin's very next move would be to arrest and take down such media. If that even looks like its coming down the pike, then I'll whole heartily agree.

I've personally considered all main stream media to be a direct enemy of the people for several years now. At least since 08 when they high jacked and screwed over Ron Paul's campaign. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

I see them as the exact counterpart, if not worse, to precisely what you are criticizing when it's pointed in the other direction.  Just about everyone on Fox had segments linking Obama to Islam and by association, radical Islam, including O'Reilly.  From http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/bill-oreilly-barack-obama-fair_us_5875c607e4b03c8a02d41258

Then you should bring it up with Trump and tell him to either learn some history and/or to stop using the same damn phrases used by horrific dictators.  Those weren't just irrelevant side comments by those dictators, it was used as a tool, namely propaganda.  These are facts, not opinion, and I'm not sure how fair and objective it is to pooh-pooh commenting on this actual truth by projecting that it's merely a biased, 'just because they don't like his political policies'.  That dictators used phrases like 'enemy of the people' and comments like his 'authority will not be questioned' is accurate.  It doesn't mean 'Trump is just as bad as mass-murdering Hitler', it's not fair and objective either to take an accurate comparison of one trait or statement that two people have made and assume or argue that comparison equates those two people in their entirety.

That's a strong opinion. You must have been a mess when 0bama actually signed legislation to have state run media counter "Russian propaganda". Effectively turning several media outlets (who have nothing to do with Russia) in to enemies. Sure he didn't use any terms (aside from Russian propaganda, and fake news) but he went straight for the next play in the Stalin book. I don't really remember you feeling as strongly about that though. Hmm

• Like 4

On 2/24/2017 at 7:35 PM, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Most polls even the ones Trump supporters use ask about a thousand. Unsure why this is news to you.

Thus why they were so, so wrong about the election.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

While True, Stalin's very next move would be to arrest and take down such media. If that even looks like its coming down the pike, then I'll whole heartily agree.

I've personally considered all main stream media to be a direct enemy of the people for several years now. At least since 08 when they high jacked and screwed over Ron Paul's campaign. 

Yeah 08 was painful, I still remembering yelling at the screen in  my office when CNN didnt show Ron Paul even in the race when he was holding a very strong 3rd place.

The problem I see now is Trump and his administration are about the shadiest group of individuals I have ever seen gathered together (yes right up there with Hill and co)  and now more than ever we need an oppositional press to hold them accountable. 

I found CNN absurdly biased and annoying and over the top during the election. Now however theyve taken the place of Drugereport as the first thing I read in the morning.  They are vitally important to the good of our nation. Now are they doing it for the right reasons???? Probably not but their motives don't concern me just the end result which is holding this administration accountable and keeping the populace informed of facts and not "alternative" ones.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

That's a strong opinion. 

Which opinion?  Some of what I posted is factual, that's the point.

ou must have been a mess when 0bama actually signed legislation to have state run media counter "Russian propaganda". Effectively turning several media outlets (who have nothing to do with Russia) in to enemies. Sure he didn't use any terms (aside from Russian propaganda, and fake news) but he went straight for the next play in the Stalin book. I don't really remember you feeling as strongly about that though. Hmm

How would you know how I would feel about it, I rarely post here.  I'm not sure specifically what you are referring to here, and see lots of opportunity for 'strong opinion' from yourself to be loaded into the word, 'effectively'.  Do you have a link to this story so I can check it out (preferably from a source that doesn't include 'wars' or 'max' in the media outlet name)?

• Like 2

Remember when Trump said, "I would rarely leave the White House because there's so much work to be done”

And remember him blasting Obama for playing so much golf?

Look at the reality, he has been at Mar a Lago how often since his inauguration? And how many times has he played golf? 6 times! He has played golf 6 times in one month and racked up about $11 million dollars in travel expenses paid for by our tax dollars. It is outrageous! Perhaps he is trying to conquer his enemies with sheer, unrestrained hypocrisy.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

Look at the reality, he has been at Mar a Lago how often since his inauguration? And how many times has he played golf? 6 times! He has played golf 6 times in one month and racked up about $11 million dollars in travel expenses paid for by our tax dollars. It is outrageous! Perhaps he is trying to conquer his enemies with sheer, unrestrained hypocrisy.

I have two weeks off at a time and rarely can fit in 6 rounds of golf a month what the hell? 

• Like 1