Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Truman show

Majority find Trump embarrassing

283 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Lilly
43 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

While True, Stalin's very next move would be to arrest and take down such media. If that even looks like its coming down the pike, then I'll whole heartily agree.

I've personally considered all main stream media to be a direct enemy of the people for several years now. At least since 08 when they high jacked and screwed over Ron Paul's campaign. 

I completely agree with what you've said here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
25 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

Look at the reality, he has been at Mar a Lago how often since his inauguration? And how many times has he played golf? 6 times! He has played golf 6 times in one month and racked up about $11 million dollars in travel expenses paid for by our tax dollars. It is outrageous! Perhaps he is trying to conquer his enemies with sheer, unrestrained hypocrisy.

I don't care if he plays a thousand rounds of golf, as long as he still delivers on his promises. So far, he's on track.

1 hour ago, Farmer77 said:

I do recognize people use those analogies wildly inappropriately most of the time but sometimes you have to call a spade a spade. 

...but he's not a spade. What is with the nu-left foaming at the mouth to call every right-of-center person a Nazi? I'm not saying you specifically but c'mon! Who is advocating for the death of Jews besides radical Immams? Who is advocating genocide at all? The more they shout "Nazi", the more that centrist, undecided voter is going to go with the opposition. I thought this lesson was very clear after the last election.

THE NAZIS YOU GUYS ARE LOOKING FOR DON'T EXIST!

See my signature - can't make it any more clear than that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
6 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I don't care if he plays a thousand rounds of golf, as long as he still delivers on his promises. So far, he's on track.

...but he's not a spade.  t.

As for the golf thing its just another sign that Trump is a hypocrite like every other president we've had for a generation now. 

As for him being a spade, actually in this case he is. He directly quoted Stalin to degrade those who disagree with him. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
6 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

As for him being a spade, actually in this case he is. He directly quoted Stalin to degrade those who disagree with him. 

Ok so he quoted Stalin, knowingly or not. Stalin also used toilet paper and so there's another connection!

If you were in a court of law trying to prove Trump is a closet fascist, you would need to bring a lot more evidence to the table. Canada's "President" was praising Castro after he died (cause he's an idiot) - that's more of a smoking gun for fascism than Trump simply using a common phrase.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
6 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I don't care if he plays a thousand rounds of golf, as long as he still delivers on his promise So far, he's on track.

Others care.

6 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

...but he's not a spade. What is with the nu-left foaming at the mouth to call every right-of-center person a Nazi? I'm not saying you specifically but c'mon! Who is advocating for the death of Jews besides radical Immams? Who is advocating genocide at all? The more they shout "Nazi", the more that centrist, undecided voter is going to go with the opposition. I thought this lesson was very clear after the last election.

THE NAZIS YOU GUYS ARE LOOKING FOR DON'T EXIST!

See my signature - can't make it any more clear than that.

The Nazis did so much more than genocide. The comparisons are not being based on genocide.

Besides your argument doesn't hold water on this forum as many on the right have already compared leftists as Nazis and fascists.

Did not see you or others posting that those comparisons were wrong because leftists in America are not committing genocide.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Einsteinium
21 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I don't care if he plays a thousand rounds of golf, as long as he still delivers on his promises. So far, he's on track.

...but he's not a spade. What is with the nu-left foaming at the mouth to call every right-of-center person a Nazi? I'm not saying you specifically but c'mon! Who is advocating for the death of Jews besides radical Immams? Who is advocating genocide at all? The more they shout "Nazi", the more that centrist, undecided voter is going to go with the opposition. I thought this lesson was very clear after the last election.

THE NAZIS YOU GUYS ARE LOOKING FOR DON'T EXIST!

See my signature - can't make it any more clear than that.

If he played a thousand rounds of golf that means he would be spending no time actually, you know, doing the job of governing.

I actually don't care if he plays golf if he gets his job done. However, if he is going to criticize his predecessor for doing something, and then proceed to do the exact same thing, and even more frequently then the predecessor he criticized- that I cannot stand for. I get that all politicians are hypocrites in one way or another, but Trump takes it to a new level. I just really really hope that he is not going to normalize some of this behavior for future politicians, could be a disaster if that happens. Having one person who is this big of a hypocrite in the govt. is already damaging enough.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
9 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

Others care.

The Nazis did so much more than genocide. The comparisons are not being based on genocide.

Besides your argument doesn't hold water on this forum as many on the right have already compared leftists as Nazis and fascists.

Did not see you or others posting that those comparisons were wrong because leftists in America are not committing genocide.

I can make a solid argument that leftists are becoming fascists. Solid as a rock.

They actively ban speakers that disagree with them from giving talks at their Universities. They police the language people use and more importantly they start to enforce their agenda through violence while labeling the opposition with terms that undermine their humanity. Seriously - go watch any "protest" video where the protestors are required to give an argument. This has been going on for a while now. It's gotten to the point where they are attacking not only anyone who leans right, but even the people who simply showed up to hear someone talk. These are the true enemies of free speech.

(Time) Colleges Have No Right to Limit Students' Free Speech

Quote

University campuses are now home to a plethora of speech restrictions. From sidewalk-sized “free-speech zones” to the criminalization of microaggressions, America’s college campuses look and feel a lot more like an authoritarian dictatorship than they do the academic hubs of the modern free world. When rolling an inflated free-speech ball around campus, students at the University of Delaware were halted by campus police for their activities. A Young Americans for Liberty leader at Fairmont State University in West Virginia was confronted by security when he was attempting to speak with other students about the ideas he believes in. A man at Clemson University was barred from praying on campus because he was outside of the free-speech zone. And a student at Blinn College in Texas abolished her campus’ free-speech zone in a lawsuit after administrators demanded she seek special permission to advocate for self-defense.

 

Edited by Dark_Grey
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
3 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Ok so he quoted Stalin, knowingly or not. Stalin also used toilet paper and so there's another connection!

If you were in a court of law trying to prove Trump is a closet fascist, you would need to bring a lot more evidence to the table. Canada's "President" was praising Castro after he died (cause he's an idiot) - that's more of a smoking gun for fascism than Trump simply using a common phrase.

Sure that quote does nothing in a court of law , however to say he was behaving like a dictator in that moment is absolute truth. He was acting exactly like an infamous dictator by trying to demonize his enemies. 

What I find really scary is that I keep hearing people say he didnt know what he was doing when he said that. The most powerful man in the world should not be THAT uneducated about history. I really doubt that he is , but im also not sure which would be worse. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
6 minutes ago, Einsteinium said:

If he played a thousand rounds of golf that means he would be spending no time actually, you know, doing the job of governing.

I actually don't care if he plays golf if he gets his job done. However, if he is going to criticize his predecessor for doing something, and then proceed to do the exact same thing, and even more frequently then the predecessor he criticized- that I cannot stand for. I get that all politicians are hypocrites in one way or another, but Trump takes it to a new level. I just really really hope that he is not going to normalize some of this behavior for future politicians, could be a disaster if that happens. Having one person who is this big of a hypocrite in the govt. is already damaging enough.

I'm not a fan of hypocrisy either. I am a fan of actions > words, however so we'll see what happens.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
2 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Sure that quote does nothing in a court of law , however to say he was behaving like a dictator in that moment is absolute truth. He was acting exactly like an infamous dictator by trying to demonize his enemies. 

What I find really scary is that I keep hearing people say he didnt know what he was doing when he said that. The most powerful man in the world should not be THAT uneducated about history. I really doubt that he is , but im also not sure which would be worse. 

The most powerful man should be a lot of things but let's be honest, we could spend all day quoting past President's blunders. I'm sure Obama said some very authoritarian things as well. He sure enacted enough of those types of laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liquid Gardens
5 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

I can make a solid argument that leftists are becoming fascists. Solid as a rock.

They actively ban speakers that disagree with them from giving talks at their Universities.

And using the same logic, I can make a 'solid as a rock' argument that righties are racists; see the KKK, multiple protests from 'those on the right' against Obama using all kinds of racist language and symbols.  "We shall know these groups of people by their worst representatives' is an easy game to play.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
aztek
2 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

And using the same logic, I can make a 'solid as a rock' argument that righties are racists; see the KKK, multiple protests from 'those on the right' against Obama using all kinds of racist language and symbols.  "We shall know these groups of people by their worst representatives' is an easy game to play.

lol, that is not anywhere near solid.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
32 minutes ago, Liquid Gardens said:

And using the same logic, I can make a 'solid as a rock' argument that righties are racists; see the KKK, multiple protests from 'those on the right' against Obama using all kinds of racist language and symbols.  "We shall know these groups of people by their worst representatives' is an easy game to play.

Weak argument.

Where are the husks of burned out Police cars or all the Liberal speakers that were banned from Campus? Where are all the Liberals that were attacked simply because they showed up to hear someone speak? Hell, where is the "Violence from the Right" thread? That should be easy to fill with content, no?

Universities are losing funding now because it's gotten so out of control. There is nothing happening on the right that closely resembles that way the nu-left is threatening the fabric of Western society.

 

Edited by Dark_Grey
Fat fingers
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
11 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

The most powerful man should be a lot of things but let's be honest, we could spend all day quoting past President's blunders. I'm sure Obama said some very authoritarian things as well. He sure enacted enough of those types of laws.

No we couldn't. I mean I guess you could but why? Thats completely irrelevant to today and to the good of our nation. This sham two party system has managed to remove accountability from every elected official because all they and their supporters have to do is say "look they did it" and all of a sudden right and wrong disappear and we're only left with the "good of the party". 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
26 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

The most powerful man should be a lot of things but let's be honest, we could spend all day quoting past President's blunders. I'm sure Obama said some very authoritarian things as well. He sure enacted enough of those types of laws.

That doesn't cut it. A current president should not be given a free pass just because of past presidents. That logic simply does not allow for accountability which is important. Trump is president now.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Dark_Grey
4 minutes ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

That doesn't cut it. A current president should not be given a free pass just because of past presidents. That logic simply does not allow for accountability which is important. Trump is president now.

Agreed

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liquid Gardens
50 minutes ago, Dark_Grey said:

Weak argument.

Where are the husks of burned out Police cars or all the Liberal speakers that were banned from Campus? Where are all the Liberals that were attacked simply because they showed up to hear someone speak? Hell, where is the "Violence from the Right" thread? That should be easy to fill with content, no?

Universities are losing funding now because it's gotten so out of control. There is nothing happening on the right that closely resembles that way the nu-left is threatening the fabric of Western society.

Where are the burned white churches?  Where are the vandalized Christian cemeteries?  Where are the disgusting, threatening racial epithets (to put it nicely) that greeted Obama's election for instance?  And really, 'threatening the fabric of Western society', ya think that maybe is just a little overwrought?  Police cars were burned at a couple 'celebrations' when I was at college and our team lost (or won), yet somehow Western society soldiered on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
3 hours ago, Farmer77 said:

Yeah 08 was painful, I still remembering yelling at the screen in  my office when CNN didnt show Ron Paul even in the race when he was holding a very strong 3rd place.

The problem I see now is Trump and his administration are about the shadiest group of individuals I have ever seen gathered together (yes right up there with Hill and co)  and now more than ever we need an oppositional press to hold them accountable

I found CNN absurdly biased and annoying and over the top during the election. Now however theyve taken the place of Drugereport as the first thing I read in the morning.  They are vitally important to the good of our nation. Now are they doing it for the right reasons???? Probably not but their motives don't concern me just the end result which is holding this administration accountable and keeping the populace informed of facts and not "alternative" ones.

Is it the pot thing? Come on man, I know that sucks but really???

Relax bro, I'll even fire one up with ya for old times sakes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
1 minute ago, preacherman76 said:

Is it the pot thing? Come on man, I know that sucks but really???

Relax bro, I'll even fire one up with ya for old times sakes.

Haha ! I appreciate that 

No its stuff like hiring a guy to head the epa who has sued them 14 times and surrounding himself with banksters , goldman sachs types and big oil people. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
3 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Haha ! I appreciate that 

No its stuff like hiring a guy to head the epa who has sued them 14 times and surrounding himself with banksters , goldman sachs types and big oil people. 

 

How much time do you think would be fair before WE judge his administration? LOL, just over one month in and you're ready to run him out of town on a rail. ;)

Man, all you seem to have are negative talking points that I hear on a daily basis in the MSM.

< exhales with a smoke ring :lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
preacherman76
10 minutes ago, Farmer77 said:

Haha ! I appreciate that 

No its stuff like hiring a guy to head the epa who has sued them 14 times and surrounding himself with banksters , goldman sachs types and big oil people. 

 

Dude the EPA sucks. Its been corrupt as hell for years. Someone who clearly see's that should be running the place. Also GS has had the best working for them, hiring someone who worked there doesn't automatically mean they will be a insider for GS.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
Just now, .ZZ. said:

How much time do you think would be fair before WE judge his administration? LOL, just over one month in and you're ready to run him out of town on a rail. ;)

Man, all you seem to have are negative talking points that I hear on a daily basis in the MSM.

< exhales with a smoke ring :lol:

Haha ! Im only juding his administration based on its actions thus far. In fact prior to the coal dumping thing and the jacked up EO about lobbyists I was trying really hard to be less cynical. 

Here's the problem with the MSM though. While they are annoying and partisan,  post election they're largely not wrong.  I dont remember who I said it to earlier but while their motivations are clearly wrong the end result is what I care about, holding whomever is in power accountable and informing the populace. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
11 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Dude the EPA sucks. Its been corrupt as hell for years. Someone who clearly see's that should be running the place. Also GS has had the best working for them, hiring someone who worked there doesn't automatically mean they will be a insider for GS.

You might be right. I would argue though that the man from the land of the man made earthquakes sponsored by big oil probably isnt the one to be in charge of the EPA. 

As for GS, I dont buy it. Back in 2004 we ran a campaign where we boxed up a bunch of things and sent them to John Kerry....what were those....oh right flip flops :

Trump said Goldman Sachs ‘robbed our working class.’ He just picked a Goldman banker to run the economy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Farmer77
15 minutes ago, preacherman76 said:

Dude the EPA sucks. Its been corrupt as hell for years. Someone who clearly see's that should be running the place. Also GS has had the best working for them, hiring someone who worked there doesn't automatically mean they will be a insider for GS.

If you havent read the details of Pruitts relationship with big oil I highly suggest you do. 

Thousands of emails detail EPA head’s close ties to fossil fuel industry 

The dude is in the pocket of big oil. NOT someone who should be heading a department charged with protecting the environment. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Kismit
7 hours ago, preacherman76 said:

You have a link for that? I must have missed something.

It's in his first press conference rant about fake news. He waves his hands and says, I tell you what just watch fox news, watch fox news, it's the only news that isn't fake.

I'm currently out of my usual country using cafe wireless. I've had a good look through the videos but I'm not capable of actually trawling through all of them to find one that shows it and posting it at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.