Jump to content
Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -
The Truman show

Majority find Trump embarrassing

283 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Agent0range

Look at his Twitter, if that was your child, would you be embarrassed?  Look at him mocking a disabled person on a national stage.  If that was your child, would you be embarrassed.  He does things that children shouldn't be doing. That is quite embarrassing.  

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
4 hours ago, bee said:

.

gonna-die.jpg

This looks suspiciously like Trump...

...on Twitter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Cookie Monster
3 hours ago, Frank Merton said:

In other words you are looking for reasons to discount it because you don't like the results.  Your ignorance of what goes on with genuine scientific polls is manifest.

What sections of the population were polled? In what areas of the USA?

And what are the political biases and allegiances of the organisation? What about its owners? What about the consumers who will read the data once its published? These are all perfectly valid questions. And it is you who are ignorant my friend if you like to pretend this side to organisations, business owners and consumers doesn't exist.

If you don't believe me maybe you should review how the Polls predicted Trump would lose by quite a margin. Still trust what you read? It would benefit you to start questioning and criticising what you read instead of accepting it as fact.

Luckily for Trump such dystopian reporting doesn't have that much impact on influencing elections. And good for Brexit too!!!!

Edited by RabidMongoose
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
6 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

What sections of the population were polled? In what areas of the USA?

And what are the political biases and allegiances of the organisation? What about its owners? What about the consumers who will read the data once its published? These are all perfectly valid questions. And it is you who are ignorant my friend if you like to pretend this side to organisations, business owners and consumers doesn't exist.

If you don't believe me maybe you should review how the Polls predicted Trump would lose by quite a margin. Still trust what you read? It would benefit you to start questioning and criticising what you read instead of accepting it as fact.

The Hill published the article. Trump has no problem with polls they publish.

 

'Americans overwhelmingly oppose sanctuary cities'

2:46 PM · Feb 21, 2017

 

Trump has no problem with articles they publish either.

 

'Trump signs bill undoing Obama coal mining rule'

5:44 PM · Feb 16, 2017

 

Why do you have a problem with it?

Edited by Avatar Samantha Ai
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
8 minutes ago, RabidMongoose said:

What sections of the population were polled? In what areas of the USA?

And what are the political biases and allegiances of the organisation? What about its owners? What about the consumers who will read the data once its published? These are all perfectly valid questions. And it is you who are ignorant my friend if you like to pretend this side to organisations, business owners and consumers doesn't exist.

If you don't believe me maybe you should review how the Polls predicted Trump would lose by quite a margin. Still trust what you read? It would benefit you to start questioning and criticising what you read instead of accepting it as fact.

BTW Trump did lose...the popular election.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liquid Gardens
1 hour ago, Lilly said:

Exactly.

Remember the election exit polls that showed Clinton up by 12 over Trump? Remember all the pundits saying Clinton was going to literally mop the floor with Trump? Remember how the media was saying Clinton would have close to 380 electoral votes?

Now, remember election night.

Is that what 'the media' was saying close to the election?  It was a long election, things changed over time including predictions, I seem to recall the poll results tightened up there towards the end; if you go back far enough, I think the Carolina Panthers were predicted to win their conference - now remember who played in the Super Bowl.  Do you on 'the right' apply this same level of scrutiny and skepticism to pro-Trump stories from 'the media', since there are exactly zero news sources that are entirely free of bias?  

I realize you didn't make this point, but I don't understand how anyone can think he hasn't done enough to earn negative approval ratings.  Besides the obvious that he lies at a pace far outracing our normal lying politicians, if a SEAL would have been killed in a failed military raid ordered by Obama or Hillary, if one of them had made the 'what, you think we're so innocent?' equivalence to Russia, if there was even a whiff of interaction with Russian anybodies during the election, do you think 'the right' would be equally so 'ho-hum'?  Of course not, and certainly not many of those on the right that post here on these boards. With Trump that stuff is just growing pains or him being tough or whatever hypocritical euphemism comes to mind; if it was Hillary it would be signs that she is dishonest, disloyal and incompetent.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly

Personally, I just don't think the election polls were ever on the up and up. I am now skeptical of any and all polling.

As for negative approval, I fully expect that all Democrats are going to disapprove of anything Trump has or will ever do.

As to all this 'Trump's in league with the Russians', the FBI has dismissed this notion. No direct hard evidence of such a thing has been produced. Show me that Trump is a Russian agent/puppet and I'll be the first in line to advocate impeachment of him for treason. Until then, elections do indeed have consequences and Trump is now the President of the United States (like it or not).

Edited by Lilly
typo
  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
bee
26 minutes ago, Agent0range said:

Look at his Twitter, if that was your child, would you be embarrassed?  Look at him mocking a disabled person on a national stage.  If that was your child, would you be embarrassed.  He does things that children shouldn't be doing. That is quite embarrassing.  

.

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly

Interesting video bee...more like Trump mocks everyone he gets 'into it' with....which one could say is rather immature but not exactly what it's been promoted as being.

Like I said way back, Trump can be lewd/crude/rude at times but all the racist/bigot/Nazi stuff does seems to me to be contrived.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
OldNate
10 hours ago, seeder said:

 

well your explanation means little to someone from the UK...

The bigger things that concern me are wars.....and world affairs.. not some poorly understood domestic banking law.....(by us not in the US of course)

My worries are about wars with China, and Russia, you know...the kind of things that can REALLY fubar the world

not banking laws

lol...no, banking laws can't fubar the world...*cough* 2008 global economic collapse *cough*   lol

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yamato
11 hours ago, seeder said:

how do you do that in a huge place like the US?  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sample_size_determination

11 hours ago, seeder said:

It doesnt matter what ANY poll says at this stage....he was voted in. Simple. Get used to it.

The votes were the biggest poll.... all the rest is just pathetic haters who havent a clue what he is going to do

Oh how nice, a Democracy Purist from across the pond!   Your Queen wasn't voted in and your next King won't be either.   You want to see haters?   Try pulling that crap off over here and just see how far you get.  You'll be walking backwards with your pants over your head because Kings and Queens are illegal over here, even if they are democratically elected.  

This attitude that a democratically elected leader can't be criticized because they were elected?   You're getting democracy mixed up with dictatorship.  If you can't criticize your democratically elected leaders over there then God save the Queen because you'll need her.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7
3 hours ago, Lilly said:

Personally, I just don't think the election polls were ever on the up and up. I am now skeptical of any and all polling.

As for negative approval, I fully expect that all Democrats are going to disapprove of anything Trump has or will ever do.

Best, no craftiest tool ever invented in the arsenal. However, people are on to it, its lost its edge/Impact, even though hardly anyone read STATE OF FEAR, all about changing the display of graphs.  Clever manips were hot at one time but nothing lasts forever and maybe with technology the intel/enlightenment of the mass/pop.[masses / population] will see clearly through the fog of the spinners.

Edited by MWoo7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
14 hours ago, seeder said:

how do you do that in a huge place like the US?   More importantly...do you know if it was done in this case?

Its not that difficult. Hugeness is not a barrier.  If the group is not homogeneous, as is the case with the population of the US, then you take representative samples of the various subgroups in the ratio they exist in the general population.  You group by age, sex, race, national origin, political view, religious background, income, area of residence, rural, urban, mixed neighborhood etc.  That is why good surveys ask a lot of questions about you that do not seem to have relevance to the topic at hand.  Then a selection process occurs, the group is structured to match total population profile.  In this case census data could have been used as a model for subgroup selection.  The survey reported 1000 or so data, they might have selected that sample from 20,000 people taking the survey.  They selected the subgroup to reflect the large population.

More importantly, as I said in my post, if you do the survey, you can skew the results. You could weight the subgroup disproportionately toward young people, democrats, Methodists or whatever.  Also as I said, political surveys are not usually scrutinized by second party referees.  You could slip in an extra 30 or 50 of a particular persuasion without being too obvious.   I will repeat, this could be fake news.  Does that help? 

Surveys aren't much use for forming an opinion, but I can see why you might be interested.  Most companies and individuals that pay for accurate surveys do it for financial reasons.  If you can rely on this survey seeder, you might be better able to assess the odds at your local bookmaker on the possibility of Trump resigning or being removed from office.  Place your bets.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
13 hours ago, seeder said:

without me having to look stuff up, kindly explain, in your own words, what the act is and whats the problem with repealing it? 

Now that is spoken in the spirit of a Trump supporter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A rather obscure Bassoon
4 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

BTW Trump did lose...the popular election.

But he won the Electoral College vote and he is now President.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MWoo7

Maybe it should go out on an all points bulletin or news flash world wide, have it at all football games, have it on Goodyear blimps, fit it into the NASA broadcasts space station too, not sure if everyone heard that.  Every last person dog and cat! down to the jungle villages and people under the bridges and in drainage ssystems and all the prisons ... The Mighty Trumpet lost the popular vote.  Epic and world changing eh?

Edited by MWoo7
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Liquid Gardens
4 hours ago, Lilly said:

As for negative approval, I fully expect that all Democrats are going to disapprove of anything Trump has or will ever do.

Which would be 100% consistent with Republicans' behavior also, of course.  There's a sizable number of independents in this country too, but I guess that's moot since polls can't be trusted if we can find any bias in anything coming from 'the media' conducting/reporting the poll results.  It shouldn't really be a big mystery why he's so unpopular, if nothing else we can just review criticisms Republicans in past elections have made about their Democratic opponents, there aren't that many 'qualities' that Trump has that Repubs haven't ripped when an opponent had those same qualities.

Quote

As to all this 'Trump's in league with the Russians', the FBI has dismissed this notion. No direct hard evidence of such a thing has been produced. Show me that Trump is a Russian agent/puppet and I'll be the first in line to advocate impeachment of him for treason. Until then, elections do indeed have consequences and Trump is now the President of the United States (like it or not).

That wouldn't actually be treason, Russia is not our enemy.  There is a gigantic gulf between 'Trump's a Russian puppet' and 'the Trump team had unacceptable ties/interaction with Russia'; I haven't seen the FBI dismiss the latter.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
13 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

I'm not heavily invested in Wall Street.

Are you?

I am, yes.  I have a 401k because I don't want to be dependent on Social Security for my retirement.  I have a Roth IRA to help pay for my son's college education.  I live in a city that has municipal bonds to pay for public works. If local utilities and streets in my neighborhood are not maintained, my neighborhood goes downhill.  I live in a state that has public employee retirement funds and also bonds. If they cannot keep highways and bridges repaired, its pretty hard to get around  I work for an aerospace company that is a subcontractor for larger Dow Jones corporations, if they falter, my job is at risk.  I own a home, if the housing market collapses again, the value of my house goes down. I shop at a grocery store that is at the apex of a wide, complicated supply chain; if that chain fails, food choices become very limited; my garden is not big enough to feed my family.  I don't have solar cells on my roof or a windmill so I am tied into a power grid and private utilities. PGE has shown us what can happen when a utility company  speculates and fails.  I am glad I wasn't like one of my neighbors who worked 30 years for PGE and watched as his retirement fund disappeared.  It is not only the upper 5% that are invested in Wall Street, they are just the ones that  receive 80% of the profits and pawn the losses off on us. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
14 hours ago, .ZZ. said:

Right...

The stock market is at an all-time high since Trump was elected.

The stock market reached all time high under Obama and kept breaking its own records.  It is still going up.  It is a trend.  Best to say that it did not crash when Trump was elected.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatetopa
5 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

What sections of the population were polled? In what areas of the USA?

And what are the political biases and allegiances of the organisation? What about its owners? What about the consumers who will read the data once its published? These are all perfectly valid questions. And it is you who are ignorant my friend if you like to pretend this side to organisations, business owners and consumers doesn't exist.

If you don't believe me maybe you should review how the Polls predicted Trump would lose by quite a margin. Still trust what you read? It would benefit you to start questioning and criticising what you read instead of accepting it as fact.

Luckily for Trump such dystopian reporting doesn't have that much impact on influencing elections. And good for Brexit too!!!!

Yep, you beat me to it.  Private organizations pay for all of the really accurate polls because they can use the data.  So maybe English Bookmakers have paid for their own poll.  We should look at the odds they are posting.  Lucky for all of us we don't use polls to form or validate our own opinions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
.ZZ.
23 minutes ago, Tatetopa said:

I am, yes.  I have a 401k because I don't want to be dependent on Social Security for my retirement.  I have a Roth IRA to help pay for my son's college education.  I live in a city that has municipal bonds to pay for public works. If local utilities and streets in my neighborhood are not maintained, my neighborhood goes downhill.  I live in a state that has public employee retirement funds and also bonds. If they cannot keep highways and bridges repaired, its pretty hard to get around  I work for an aerospace company that is a subcontractor for larger Dow Jones corporations, if they falter, my job is at risk.  I own a home, if the housing market collapses again, the value of my house goes down. I shop at a grocery store that is at the apex of a wide, complicated supply chain; if that chain fails, food choices become very limited; my garden is not big enough to feed my family.  I don't have solar cells on my roof or a windmill so I am tied into a power grid and private utilities. PGE has shown us what can happen when a utility company  speculates and fails.  I am glad I wasn't like one of my neighbors who worked 30 years for PGE and watched as his retirement fund disappeared.  It is not only the upper 5% that are invested in Wall Street, they are just the ones that  receive 80% of the profits and pawn the losses off on us. 

If it tanks.

I had a 401k myself once and made some money.

How is your portfolio looking right now under Trump?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly
1 hour ago, Liquid Gardens said:

 

That wouldn't actually be treason, Russia is not our enemy.  There is a gigantic gulf between 'Trump's a Russian puppet' and 'the Trump team had unacceptable ties/interaction with Russia'; I haven't seen the FBI dismiss the latter.

The FBI did dismiss the allegations of misconduct with Russia by former Trump team member Paul Manafort a couple of months back. The stuff about Trump being blackmailed by Putin and/or Trump colluding with Putin has been neither supported nor refuted (that I know of anyway).

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilly
32 minutes ago, .ZZ. said:

If it tanks.

I had a 401k myself once and made some money.

How is your portfolio looking right now under Trump?

 

Here's what people don't realize, even if you're not invested in the stock market if it tanks you're going to suffer eventually.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
1 hour ago, A rather obscure Bassoon said:

But he won the Electoral College vote and he is now President.

My post...

5 hours ago, Avatar Samantha Ai said:

BTW Trump did lose...the popular election.

...was in response to this.

6 hours ago, RabidMongoose said:

If you don't believe me maybe you should review how the Polls predicted Trump would lose by quite a margin. 

We are all aware of the electoral college results.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Clarakore
25 minutes ago, Lilly said:

The FBI did dismiss the allegations of misconduct with Russia by former Trump team member Paul Manafort a couple of months back. The stuff about Trump being blackmailed by Putin and/or Trump colluding with Putin has been neither supported nor refuted (that I know of anyway).

There are investigation is still ongoing and extends beyonds one person.

Quote

The New York Times has reported in a series of articles that Cohen, along with former Trump advisers Roger Stone, Paul Manafort and Carter Page, are all under scrutiny in an FBI counterintelligence probe of possible Trump-world ties to the Kremlin.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/02/20/feds-have-yet-to-contact-four-trump-advisers-reportedly-under-fbi-scrutiny/#ixzz4ZjWYtEi0

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.